How do the different companies feel?

This is something that I have wanted for a while, so I'm just going to start a thread about it. I apologize if I missed something like this already. I became a wrestling fan via TEW, not the other way around, so I have real trouble visualizing what a company looks like from its data - how does it feel, what does a match/show look like, what real-world equivalent would have some inspiration for booking style?

We have deep threads for the various companies, but I think it would be cool to compile a short overview of each company for people who have never touched them - similar to the Company Tour, but aimed less at data and more at 'immersion' or 'role-playing'. I suspect people who are new to the Cornellverse might also find it helpful. So, I hope people might be able to help me with this.

I can try with Mid-Atlantic Wrestling

They're a medium-sized, independent company. They thrive on wrestlers with solid fundamentals, and good psychology. Their audience likes good technique, technical matches, and clean wins.

I imagine matches as being medium to long, with lots of grapples, floor work, and submission holds. A normal show will be a few long matches, a couple short matches, and a couple of promos or arguments.

I think they're similar to Ring of Honor, but there may be a smaller promotion that's closer.

NYCW: Old school wrestling, gimmicks, and values at their finest. A small company based in the Tri-State area. Major matches range from 25-35 minutes, usually a slow build approach with a focus on story telling. Menace angles work well with some of the heavyweight heels on the roster, and there are a few decent mic guys. Roger Cage is the top guy in the company, but how long he stays before getting poached remains to be seen. Man Mountain Cahill is over, but he's not great in the ring. Pushing some of the younger talent on the roster or signing some from the outside has to be too priority to hold down the main event picture when/if Roger Cage gets scooped up.

Archived