MAW: A Mysterious New Owner

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">MAW Live!: April 2017</span></strong></p><p>

<strong>Location:</strong> Mid Atlantic (USA) (generic venue)</p><p>

<strong>Attendance:</strong> 1,700</p><p>

<strong>Announcers:</strong> Marvin Earnest, Ernest Forthdyke-Hume</p><p> </p><p>

Our show opens with MAW Cruiserweight Champion <strong>Darryl Devine</strong> in the ring, with a microphone in hand.</p><p> </p><p>

DD: “Two weeks ago, I did what I told everyone I was going to do. I took on <strong>Super Ninja</strong> at his own game, I beat him, and I’m now the MAW Cruiserweight Champion.”</p><p> </p><p>

Applause from the crowd.</p><p> </p><p>

DD: “I’m a fighting champion. You all saw that when you saw the card for tonight. As such, at every show, I will be holding an open challenge for this title. Anyone who wants a shot can come get one!”</p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “A bold statement from our new Cruiserweight Champion!”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

EFH: “And a stupid one! He’s asking for trouble.”</em></p><p> </p><p>

On cue, out comes a familiar face to a chorus of boos, the one of <strong>Jake Idol</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

JI: “Darryl, Darryl, Darryl. You win one match and all of a sudden you think you’re invincible? No. You made a BIG mistake. And tonight, I’m going to put your own foot in your mouth. Hope you like the taste, junior.”</p><p> </p><p>

Idol snickers as he comes down to ringside, but he’s forced to stop in his tracks by another more forceful snicker: The one belonging to <strong>Marat Khoklov</strong>. He’s booed every step of the way as he comes to ringside, and the jeers reach a crescendo as he heads into the ring.</p><p> </p><p>

MK: “Devine. You have fun defending the LITTLE belt against LITTLE people. Me? I’ve got BIG belts. And I defend tonight in the MAIN EVENT.</p><p> </p><p>

“Be careful what you wish for.”</p><p> </p><p>

Idol makes a motion towards Devine, possibly to jump him, but out comes the visiting <strong>Chris Caulfield</strong> to even the odds! Appropriately, Idol backs up.</p><p> </p><p>

CC: “Khoklov, I’ve seen how you do business, and I can’t stand it. We can settle it later tonight, or we can do it right now.”</p><p> </p><p>

Khoklov strides toward Caulfield, and an evil smile graces his face before the giant Russian opts to leave. Idol follows suit, and Devine and Caulfield stand tall in the ring.</p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 77</p><p>

Other notes: N/A</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #1:</strong> Comic Relief vs. The Dynamite Express</p><p> </p><p>

Cameron Jones and Syd Collier were in no mood to laugh. The former MAW Tag Team Champions controlled this match from beginning to end, and Jones pinned Drake Young at 7:53.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 40</p><p>

Other notes: Drake Young is getting better at his gimmick. Drake’s in-ring performance was 25. Garry’s was 26. Jones’s was 48. Collier’s was 57.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

After the match, <strong>Cameron Jones and Syd Collier</strong> grab microphones.</p><p> </p><p>

CJ: “We know this isn’t the best MAW’s got! We may have been a bit divided by <strong>Logan Wolfsbaine</strong>, but we’re still the top tag team around, and we’ll go up against anybody around to prove it.”</p><p> </p><p>

SC: “That’s why we’re issuing a challenge right now for MAW Americana in two weeks. There are these two guys from Mexico, <strong>Jagged and Angel of Mercy</strong>, who have called themselves Los Luchadors. In two weeks, you guys’ll be calling yourselves Los Losers. Bring your masks, bring your flashy outfits, bring whatever you want…but in two weeks, you’ll run into two guys who are flat-out BETTER THAN YOU.”</p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “Two of MAW’s hottest tag teams will go at it at Americana! It should be one heck of a match!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 46</p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #2:</strong> Tanyu Toshusai vs. Justin Sensitive vs. Marcel LeFleur (w/Lisa Bowen) vs. Babau (w/Dharma Gregg) vs. Hal Harvard vs. Brodie Lachlan (ladder match; winner gets a contract for a title match of his choosing)</p><p> </p><p>

The ladder match was controlled chaos, with each man hitting their high spots in rapid fashion and in such a way that the crowd was kept wondering who’d scale the ladder first. Ultimately, that honor fell to Justin Sensitive, who rose up at 9:34 to claim the contract to a rousing chorus of boos.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 45</p><p>

Other notes: Toshusai’s in-ring performance was 48. Sensitive’s was 34. LeFleur’s was 32. Babau’s was 38. Harvard’s was 43. Lachlan’s was 38.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #3:</strong> Jack Avatar/Kip Keenan vs. The Architect/Monday Next</p><p> </p><p>

The current MAW Tag Team champions looked as sharp as ever here. The bad guys tried every trick in the book, but the young upstarts who brought the gold came out with a win at 8:12 when Keenan pinned The Architect.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 46</p><p>

Other notes: The Architect and Monday Next have poor chemistry as a tag team. Keenan’s in-ring performance was 50. Avatar’s was 47. Next’s was 32. Architect’s was 40.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

After the match, <strong>Jack Avatar and Kip Keenan</strong> motion for microphones.</p><p> </p><p>

JA: “It’s been a while since we’ve seen <strong>Jackpot Jordan</strong>, but word is his injury’s almost fully healed. That’s good timing. Kip, I think we’ve got some business to handle in two weeks at Americana, don’t you?”</p><p> </p><p>

KK: “Couldn’t have said it better. Jackpot Jordan, <strong>Jake Idol</strong>? You guys have been thorns in our sides for a LONG time. Come out here in two weeks. We’ll bring the belts, and if you think you can take us, just try us. But don’t go crying back to California when you lose.”</p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 61</p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #4:</strong> Logan Wolfsbaine © vs. Mario da Silva (MAW American Championship)</p><p> </p><p>

Wolfsbaine worked up to his usual high standard, and da Silva held up his end of what turned out to be a compelling title match. Ultimately, Wolfsbaine retained at 10:27 following a Belly to Belly Suplex.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 68</p><p>

Other notes: Wolfsbaine’s in-ring performance was 74. Da Silva’s was 42.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

The celebration, though, is short-lived, as <strong>Logan Wolfsbaine</strong> gets clocked from behind with a steel chair by <strong>Justin Sensitive</strong>. He’s beaten senseless in the ring as the crowd boos loudly.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “Give me a break! Justin Sensitive sneak-attacked our American Champion after a grueling title match.”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

EFH: “What a way to announce he’ll be challenging for Logan’s title, if that’s indeed the case!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

Sensitive pulls a microphone out from his jeans.</p><p> </p><p>

JS: “Logan Wolfsbaine, you disgust me. You act like a man of the people, like some wrestling savior. Wrestling doesn’t need saving. It’s got me, and that’s all it needs.”</p><p> </p><p>

More boos.</p><p> </p><p>

JS: “I’m signing my contract for a title match with you in two weeks at Americana. MAW needs an American Champion it can be proud of…not some bottom-feeding, all-smiles phony like you, Logan.”</p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 58</p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #5:</strong> Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs. Mashashi Urogataya</p><p> </p><p>

Smith sought to rebound from his loss to Marat Khoklov, and that’s what he did here. Urogataya put forth a strong individual performance for someone not known very well, but Smith prevailed at 8:08 following a Tombstone Piledriver.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 65</p><p>

Other notes: N/A (hit “next segment” before I could get their individual ratings; whoops!)</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bulldozer Brandon Smith</strong> pulls a microphone out from under the ring.</p><p> </p><p>

BBS: “Since everyone seems to be issuing challenges for Americana, I figure I should as well. There’s a guy running around acting like nobody but him deserves anything here in MAW, and that doesn’t sit well with me.</p><p> </p><p>

“I’m talking about you, <strong>Brent Hill</strong>. The way you tried to hold down <strong>Ross Henry</strong> was wrong. He rose above it and beat you, but you deserve way more of a beatdown. Be at Americana in two weeks. You think Super Showdown was bad? You haven’t seen ANYTHING yet.”</p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 79</p><p>

Other notes: Smith is getting better at his gimmick.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #6:</strong> Clark Alexander vs. Super Ninja</p><p> </p><p>

Alexander looked to capitalize on newfound momentum after topping Justin Sensitive at Super Showdown. He and Super Ninja worked a sharp match, but one that was ultimately marred by an unwelcome guest.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “Hey, what’s </em><em><strong>Hal Harvard</strong></em><em> doing out here?!”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

EFH: “It’s a free country! He’s allowed to be here!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

Harvard distracted Alexander by yelling from ringside, allowing Ninja to roll Alexander up for the pinfall at 12:14.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 62</p><p>

Other notes: Alexander’s in-ring performance was 56. Ninja’s was 74.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #7:</strong> The Ring Generals (w/Dharma Gregg) vs. Ozzie Golden and George Wolfe (w/Lisa Bowen) (COTT World Tag Team Championship)</p><p> </p><p>

Marv Statler and Dean Waldorf hooked up with their fierce rivals, and as expected, the contest was intense and physical. In fact, even Lisa Bowen got involved, slapping Waldorf in full view of an official. That was enough to draw a disqualification, much to Bowen’s chagrin.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 58</p><p>

Other notes: Waldorf’s in-ring performance was 62. Statler’s was 51. Golden’s was 60. Wolfe’s was 46.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

The two teams keep brawling in the ring for a minute or two until a familiar face breaks it up with one word.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>“ENOUGH!!!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

The voice belongs to <strong>Sam Keith</strong>, and out of respect, all action in the ring stops.</p><p> </p><p>

SK: “Standard matches aren’t enough to stop you. TITLE matches aren’t enough to stop you. Maybe my idea will.</p><p> </p><p>

“In two weeks at Americana, teams Gregg and Bowen will square off…in a 4-on-4 Cage Wars match.”</p><p> </p><p>

ME: “WHOA!!!”</p><p> </p><p>

SK: “Lisa, you’ll be represented by <strong>Ozzie Golden, George Wolfe, Killer Shark, and Marcel LeFleur</strong>. Dharma, you’ve got <strong>The Ring Generals and Babau</strong>. You’re currently a man down, so find a fourth before Americana.</p><p> </p><p>

“Now. If you don’t respect each other, at least respect me. Get out of the ring and save all the bloodshed for two weeks from now.”</p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 75</p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #8:</strong> Darryl Devine vs. Jake Idol (MAW Cruiserweight Championship)</p><p> </p><p>

Idol had shown promise around the COTT for some time, but many came away thinking this was his best match ever. Devine, naturally, brought his A-game, and after 18 minutes of action, the reigning champion hit a Devine Dream Drop to keep his Cruiserweight title.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 75</p><p>

Other notes: Idol is getting better at his gimmick. Devine’s in-ring performance was 75. Idol’s was 60.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #9:</strong> Marat Khoklov vs. Chris Caulfield (COTT World Championship)</p><p> </p><p>

Khoklov came out firing, blasting Caulfield with everything he had in defense of his title. Things looked bleak for the hero from New York, but a timely intervention changed things after an official was knocked out by a missed Caulfield charge into the corner.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>EFH: “</em><em><strong>Darryl Devine</strong></em><em>?!?! Get him out of here!”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

ME: “Devine may not have taken kindly to Khoklov’s remarks earlier this evening, and he’s got his belt in hand!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

Devine flew off the top rope and nailed Khoklov with the MAW Cruiserweight belt, sending the big man to the mat like a ton of bricks.</p><p> </p><p>

DD: “NOT SUCH A LITTLE BELT NOW, IS IT?!?!”</p><p> </p><p>

Devine woke up the official as Caulfield covered…</p><p> </p><p>

1</p><p>

…</p><p>

…</p><p>

…</p><p>

2</p><p>

…</p><p>

…</p><p>

…</p><p>

3!!!</p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “New champion! Chris Caulfield has won the COTT belt!”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

EFH: “This is an outrage! Darryl Devine should be fired, and I wouldn’t want to be him when our boss wakes up from his Cruiserweight title-induced unconsciousness!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 60</p><p>

Other notes: Khoklov’s in-ring performance was 74. Caulfield’s was 45.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

Show rating: 66</p><p>

Other notes: This show increased our popularity in one region.</p></div><p></p><p></p>

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A quick out-of-character check-in:

- As you've probably figured out by now, Marat Khoklov is my user character. It's how I justified him buying MAW when he'd NEVER compete for such a small promotion in a normal game. I've never wanted him to be the COTT Champion, simply because other territories then couldn't have the belt. The only reason I put the belt on him was because Edd Stone was leaving, so I had him drop the title fairly quickly to someone who could go around and defend it.

In this case, that someone was Chris Caulfield, a legitimately popular guy (64 popularity in every US region). I could at least justify giving him a title run, even if he's not exactly a young buck anymore. Thankfully, Khoklov brought his A-game in the main event, otherwise the match wouldn't have been very good!

- Darryl Devine is now pretty much my unofficial figurehead. I can't install him as my ACTUAL figurehead, as he's too injury-prone and not as over as a few other guys on that list. That said, he can have a good match with absolutely EVERYONE, and his match with Idol surprised me. I figured it'd be low-60's, and he somehow got a 75 rating out of Idol (a decent wrestler, sure, but more of a tag team guy and someone who hadn't gotten any sort of a singles push!). It's nice to have workers like that!

- I'm intrigued to see how the Cage Wars match goes over at Americana. I figured that'd be an appropriate end to the war between the two factions, and I've got an idea of who I want to be the fourth man on Team Dharma Gregg. Guess we'll see!

- As usual, if there's something you want to see, buzz me. I'm pretty receptive, and the more fun you have reading these posts, the more fun I'll have writing them up!

MAW Americana: April 2017

MAW Cruiserweight Championship

Darryl Devine vs. ??? (OPEN CHALLENGE)

Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs. Brent Hill

Cage Wars

Team Dharma Gregg (Marv Statler, Dean Waldorf, Babau, and ???) vs. Team Lisa Bowen (Killer Shark, Ozzie Golden, George Wolfe, Marcel LeFleur)

Dan Stone, Jr. vs. Super Ninja

Ross Henry/Clark Alexander vs. Hal Harvard/Jonah Pilgrim

MAW Tag Team Championship

Jack Avatar/Kip Keenan © vs. Rich and Famous

MAW American Championship

Logan Wolfsbaine © vs. Justin Sensitive

Los Luchadors vs. The Dynamite Express

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">MAW Americana 2017</span></strong></p><p>

<strong>Location:</strong> North Carolina Biker Museum</p><p>

<strong>Attendance:</strong> 1,666</p><p>

<strong>Announcers:</strong> Marvin Earnest, Ernest Forthdyke-Hume</p><p> </p><p>

EFH: “Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I’m outside of the arena waiting for MAW Mid Atlantic Champion <strong>Marat Khoklov</strong>, who is expected to show up any minute. In fact, here he comes now.”</p><p> </p><p>

Khoklov barrels into the shot, but blows right by the announcer.</p><p> </p><p>

EFH: “Mr. Khoklov? A word?”</p><p> </p><p>

Khoklov stops and turns around, chuckling.</p><p> </p><p>

MK: “Dealing with important things. No time for you.”</p><p> </p><p>

EFH: “What important things?”</p><p> </p><p>

MK: “You find out in due time. Goodbye.”</p><p> </p><p>

Khoklov goes into the arena and slams the door behind him.</p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 69</p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #1:</strong> Los Luchadors vs. Dynamite Express</p><p> </p><p>

Cameron Jones and Syd Collier looked strong for most of this match, which they got following a challenge two weeks ago. However, when Jones went for a back body drop at 10:11, Angel of Mercy countered into a surprise sunset flip, which was good enough to score the pinfall.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 47</p><p>

Other notes: Jagged is getting better at his gimmick. Mercy’s in-ring performance was 53. Jagged’s was 47. Collier’s was 60. Jones’s was 45.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #2:</strong> Logan Wolfsbaine vs. Justin Sensitive (MAW American Championship)</p><p> </p><p>

Sensitive has never been called the best in-ring performer around, but on this night, the young Wolfsbaine may have given him the best match of his MAW tenure. The champion, however, did retain at 17:43 following a trademark Belly to Belly Suplex.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 61</p><p>

Other notes: Wolfsbaine’s in-ring performance was 75. Sensitive’s was 40.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

Following the match, <strong>Justin Sensitive</strong> is enraged. He grabs the belt from <strong>Logan Wolfsbaine</strong> and clocks him with it, turning the crowd’s cheers into jeers.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “What a sore loser! Wolfsbaine pinned him cleanly after a very good match, and Sensitive can’t accept it. The match may be over, but I don’t think we’ve heard the last of this feud.”</em></p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 63</p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #3:</strong> Jack Avatar/Kip Keenan vs. Rich and Famous (MAW Tag Team Championship)</p><p> </p><p>

Jackpot Jordan made his return from injury here as he and Jake Idol attempted to take home the MAW Tag Team titles. The action was fast and furious, but ultimately, Avatar and Keenan retained at 12:10 when Avatar pinned Jordan following an All American Slam.</p><p> </p><p>

Other notes: N/A (hit “next segment” before getting individual ratings; sorry!)</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

We go backstage, where <strong>Hal Harvard</strong> and <strong>Jonah Pilgrim</strong> are standing by.</p><p> </p><p>

HH: “Jonah, you and I have been here a lot longer than many others. We realize what it takes to be successful in Mid Atlantic Wrestling. Does Clark Alexander have it?”</p><p> </p><p>

JP: “Absolutely not. He’s an old has-been who’s big in Hawaii and has never made it big on the mainland. That’s why he’s been on our radar of late. We want to beat common sense into his head so he can go home where he belongs.</p><p> </p><p>

HH: “It doesn’t matter who his tag team partner is. Ross Henry may be bigger than we are. But he’s sure not BETTER than we are, and we’ll show you that next.”</p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 48</p><p>

Other notes: Harvard’s gimmick is getting stale.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #4:</strong> Ross Henry/Clark Alexander vs. The Frat Pack</p><p> </p><p>

The duo of Henry and Alexander showed excellent chemistry several months ago, and they teamed up again here to dispatch Hal Harvard and Jonah Pilgrim. In what doubled as his best in-ring performance ever, Henry pinned Harvard at 9:53 with an Earthquake Powerslam.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 63</p><p>

Other notes: Henry’s in-ring performance was 81 (!!!!!). Alexander’s was 65. Harvard’s was 47. Pilgrim’s was 34.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Ross Henry</strong> celebrates his victory after the match, but all of a sudden, he’s interrupted by an unwelcome guest.</p><p> </p><p>

ME: “That’s <strong>Super Ninja</strong>! Ross, look out!”</p><p> </p><p>

Henry turns around, only to be hit by a flying attack that sends him sprawling to the mat. Ninja continues his assault with a flurry of kicks and stomps, only stopping to play to the boos of the crowd.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>EFH: “Super Ninja’s one of the most talented wrestlers on the planet, and he doesn’t look too happy with Ross Henry!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “Right now, he should be more concerned with </em><em><strong>Dan Stone, Jr.</strong></em><em> That match is next!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 81</p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #5:</strong> Dan Stone, Jr., vs. Super Ninja</p><p> </p><p>

In a match where the semi-retired Stone reminded some onlookers of the Dan Stone, Jr., of old, he and Super Ninja put on a clinic in wrestling psychology. Unfortunately for the crowd, it ended at 11:31 when Ninja pinned Stone after a Ninja Strike.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 66</p><p>

Other notes: Ninja’s in-ring performance was 74. Stone’s was 45.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

We go backstage, where <strong>Ozzie Golden</strong> is pacing nervously. We see <strong>Lisa Bowen</strong> walk in, and we hear her close the door.</p><p> </p><p>

LB: “What’s up, Ozzie? You said you needed to talk to me.”</p><p> </p><p>

Ozzie looks up, and Bowen heaves a deep, knowing sigh.</p><p> </p><p>

LB: “Where?”</p><p> </p><p>

OG: “NYCW. They’re giving me a chance to showcase my skills in the northeast, and I’m taking it. MAW offered me more money to stay, but I’ve done a lot here, and it’s time for me to go. Plus, it’s clear the fans don’t appreciate or respect me.”</p><p> </p><p>

The crowd boos.</p><p> </p><p>

LB: “There’s nothing I can do to change your mind. If the contract is signed…well, then go out there one last time and kick some ass in the cage.”</p><p> </p><p>

Bowen leaves in a huff, and Golden rolls his eyes.</p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 56</p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #6:</strong> Team Dharma Gregg (Marv Statler, Dean Waldorf, Babau, Tanyu Toshusai) vs. Team Lisa Bowen (Killer Shark, George Wolfe, Ozzie Golden, Marcel LeFleur) (Cage Wars)</p><p> </p><p>

The Cage Wars match was designed to settle scores like these, and it did just that. After 20 minutes of grueling action, Killer Shark got the win for his team by forcing Babau to submit.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 49</p><p>

Other notes: Toshusai’s in-ring performance was 50. Babau’s was 36. Waldorf’s was 46. Statler’s was 45. Shark’s was 49. Wolfe’s was 46. Golden’s was 40. LeFleur’s was 29.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

Backstage, MAW Cruiserweight Champion <strong>Darryl Devine</strong> appears in front of the camera, belt in hand.</p><p> </p><p>

DD: “I don’t know what <strong>Marat Khoklov</strong> has up his sleeve, but I know it’s nothing good. Cynics out there will say I have it coming because of what I did a few weeks ago, how I reacted when Khoklov acted like he was so much better than me.</p><p> </p><p>

“Well, you know something? He’s NOT better than me, and he never will be. I’ve fought tooth and nail against guys his size all my life, and I’ve never once been intimidated. That doesn’t change here.</p><p> </p><p>

“If Khoklov wants me, he knows where to find me. I’m an easy guy to reach, and as he better know by now, I don’t back down from a fight.”</p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 82</p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #7:</strong> Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs. Brent Hill</p><p> </p><p>

The two veterans put on a show for the crowd, one that ended with plenty of controversy. Hill reversed a Smith slam into a pinning predicament at 9:44, and he got the pinfall thanks to extra leverage gained by putting both feet on the ropes.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 63</p><p>

Other notes: Smith’s in-ring performance was 72. Hill’s was 62.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Darryl Devine</strong> walks out, ready to defend his MAW Cruiserweight Championship. He’s set in the ring…and out walks <strong>Marat Khoklov</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “Khoklov isn’t a cruiserweight. What’s going on here?”</em></p><p> </p><p>

MK: “Devine. You humiliated me two weeks ago. I don’t take humiliation well.”</p><p> </p><p>

He snaps his fingers. Devine looks at Khoklov, and doesn’t notice two men sneaking into the ring behind him. When he turns around, <strong>Killer Shark</strong> and <strong>Brent Hill</strong> charge at him with fists flying.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “This is an ambush! What are Killer Shark and Brent Hill doing out here?”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

EFH: “Mr. Khoklov has a microphone! Let him tell you!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

Khoklov brings the microphone into the ring, but only uses it after crushing Devine with a Moscow Lariat.</p><p> </p><p>

MK: “Marat Khoklov. Killer Shark. Brent Hill. We are The Kremlin. We control MAW, and that means we control YOU.”</p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “He’s recruited Killer Shark and Brent Hill? That’s…”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

EFH: “That’s brilliant! Khoklov has surrounded himself with dangerous men, and this group, The Kremlin, is going to be very difficult to stop!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 85</p><p>

Other notes: Khoklov came across well.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

Show rating: 68</p><p>

Other notes: This show increased our popularity in one region.</p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p>OK, if you follow this thread, or for that matter if you're just tuning in, you're going to want to pay attention to this card later tonight when it gets posted. Many, many, MANY things are happening, and there's never been a better time to play the prediction game. Reply with your choice of winners, and the poster with the most correct winners will receive a spoiler alert on a wrestler of his or her choice.</p><p> </p><p>

With that in mind, the card is here.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">MAW Live!: May 2017</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MAW Mid Atlantic Championship: Title vs. MAW Career</strong></p><p>

Marat Khoklov © vs. Darryl Devine</p><p> </p><p>

Ross Henry vs. Super Ninja</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MAW Cruiserweight Championship</strong></p><p>

Darryl Devine vs. ??? (OPEN CHALLENGE)</p><p> </p><p>

Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs. Justin Sensitive</p><p> </p><p>

Tanyu Toshusai vs. Killer Shark</p><p> </p><p>

Miller Fforde/Cheetah Boy vs. Rich and Famous</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MAW American Championship</strong></p><p>

Logan Wolfsbaine © vs. George Wolfe (w/Lisa Bowen)</p><p> </p><p>

Los Luchadors vs. The Frat Pack</p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">MAW Live!: May 2017</span></strong></p><p>

<strong>Attendance:</strong> 2,000 (SELL-OUT!)</p><p>

<strong>MATCH #1:</strong> Los Luchadors vs. The Frat Pack</p><p> </p><p>

We wasted no time turning up the heat, as these two tag teams went out and opened the show. Ultimately, the crowd got to cheer early, as Jagged pinned Jonah Pilgrim at 9:34 following botched interference from Cameron Jones.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 42</p><p>

Other notes: Pilgrim’s gimmick is getting stale. Mercy’s in-ring performance was 52. Jagged’s was 44. Harvard’s was 44. Pilgrim’s was 34.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Cameron Jones</strong> was much more successful after the match. He was joined by <strong>Syd Collier</strong>, and those two, along with <strong>Hal Harvard</strong> and <strong>Jonah Pilgrim</strong>, beat down <strong>Jagged</strong> and <strong>Angel of Mercy</strong>. Harvard stopped momentarily and grabbed a microphone.</p><p> </p><p>

HH: “Not so strong now, chicos?! Tell you what. You guys go find <strong>Clark Alexander</strong>. At Old School Rules, you three come out and take us on. You know, if you’ve got the cojones!”</p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 69</p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #2:</strong> Logan Wolfsbaine vs. George Wolfe (MAW American Championship)</p><p> </p><p>

It was another strong performance from Logan Wolfsbaine, who turned heads as he has for the past year and a half in MAW. However, as he signaled for a Belly to Belly Suplex, he was joined by an unwelcome guest.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “HEY! What’s </em><em><strong>Justin Sensitive</strong></em><em> doing out here?!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

Sensitive bolts for ringside, getting his hands on the MAW American title. Wolfsbaine stops and takes a few steps towards him, and that gives Wolfe time to roll him up.</p><p> </p><p>

1</p><p>

…</p><p>

…</p><p>

…</p><p>

2</p><p>

…</p><p>

…</p><p>

…</p><p>

3!!!</p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “Good grief! Justin Sensitive just cost Logan Wolfsbaine his American title!”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

EFH: “Wolfsbaine shouldn’t have been paying attention to Justin Sensitive! Hats off to George Wolfe, who’s now a two-time American Champion!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

Other notes: Wolfsbaine’s in-ring performance was 76. Wolfe’s was 45.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Justin Sensitive</strong> pulled a microphone from his jeans.</p><p> </p><p>

JS: “Logan, if I couldn’t get that title, I damn sure wasn’t going to let YOU keep it.”</p><p> </p><p>

Boos and catcalls rain down from every corner of the arena.</p><p> </p><p>

JS: “I’ve got one mission now that I’ve taken your title. That’s to take your dignity. So Logan, at Old School Rules, that’s exactly what I’m going to do. And there’s not a THING you can do about it!”</p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “This is just sick. Justin Sensitive stole the American title from </em><em><strong>Logan Wolfsbaine</strong></em><em> because he couldn’t win it. If I’m Logan, I can’t WAIT to get my hands on him at Old School Rules!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 48</p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #3:</strong> Miller Fforde/Cheetah Boy vs. Rich and Famous</p><p> </p><p>

Fresh off a loss to the MAW Tag Team Champions, Jackpot Jordan and Jake Idol got back on track here. The duo dominated for most of the match, and Jordan pinned Cheetah Boy at 9:59.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 51</p><p>

Other notes: Idol is getting better at his gimmick. Cheetah’s in-ring performance was 28. Fforde’s was 31. Idol’s was 61. Jordan’s was 54.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

After the match, <strong>Jackpot Jordan</strong> and <strong>Jake Idol</strong> commandeered a microphone.</p><p> </p><p>

JJ: “Look, we may have looked like fools against <strong>Avatar and Keenan</strong>. But nobody, NOBODY, is better prepared to be the face of this tag team division than Rich and Famous. You just saw why.”</p><p> </p><p>

JI: “We’re taking this moment right now to issue a challenge to the <strong>Ring Generals</strong> for Old School Rules. They’ve been the standardbearers in the COTT for a long time, but their run is over. We’re better-looking than they are, we’re better WRESTLERS than they are, and in two weeks, you’ll all be looking at the new COTT World Tag Team Champions!”</p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 47</p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #4:</strong> Tanyu Toshusai vs. Killer Shark (w/Lisa Bowen)</p><p> </p><p>

Fresh off of aligning with Marat Khoklov and Brent Hill to form The Kremlin, Killer Shark went to the ring with a purpose. Tanyu Toshusai had several strong moments in a solid performance, but ultimately, Shark prevailed in 7:53 following a Big Bite.</p><p> </p><p>

Other notes: Toshusai’s in-ring performance was 58. Shark’s was 55.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

Backstage, the MAW cameras caught up with <strong>Bulldozer Brandon Smith</strong>, who was preparing for his match with <strong>Justin Sensitive</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

BBS: “Tonight, I get Justin Sensitive. I look forward to giving him his just desserts, especially after what he did to <strong>Logan Wolfsbaine</strong>. However, it wouldn’t be a stretch to say my attention is…divided.</p><p> </p><p>

“<strong>Brent Hill</strong> screwed me at Americana. There’s no other way to say it. He did that to me, and then he did <strong>Marat Khoklov</strong>’s bidding. He WILL pay for what he did.</p><p> </p><p>

“I’ll make sure of that.”</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #5:</strong> Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs. Justin Sensitive</p><p> </p><p>

Smith talked a big game prior to the match, and from bell to bell, he backed it up. Sensitive got a small dose of payback for his antics earlier in the evening, and Smith prevailed at 10:23 after a Backdrop Driver.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 66</p><p>

Other notes: Smith’s in-ring performance was 73. Sensitive’s was 43.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

Out came <strong>Darryl Devine</strong> for the first of two matches this evening. He stretched in the corner, and all of a sudden, a face we haven’t seen in a LONG time pops through the curtain.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>EFH: “Is that…”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

ME: “It is! That’s </em><em><strong>Art Reed</strong></em><em>!”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

EFH: “Art Reed hasn’t been here since walking out last year! What made him come back?!”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

ME: “Word is he’s signed with FCW in Puerto Rico after his tour of PGHW in Japan. If that’s the case, he’s back in the COTT!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #6:</strong> Darryl Devine vs. Art Reed (MAW Cruiserweight Championship)</p><p> </p><p>

Many knocked the way Art Reed left MAW. They never knocked his talent, and he and Devine worked a stellar match. Devine, though, scored one for the home team, winning by pinfall at 17:39.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 74</p><p>

Other notes: Devine’s in-ring performance was 80. Reed’s was 55.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Darryl Devine</strong> grabbed his belt and celebrated on the turnbuckles, but the crowd gasped as a masked, hooded individual snuck up behind him and began hammering away!</p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “Oh, come on! What the heck is THIS?!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

The stomps continued. Ultimately, the hoodie was removed, revealing a red shirt with ‘The Kremlin’ on it. That was followed by the mask coming off…</p><p> </p><p>

<em>EFH: “THAT’S </em><em><strong>JOE SEXY</strong></em><em>!!!!! JOE SEXY IS HERE!”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

ME: “And he’s part of The Kremlin?! That’s disgusting! And look at Darryl Devine. He’s putting his MAW career on the line later against </em><em><strong>Marat Khoklov</strong></em><em>, and now he’s going in at less than 100%.”</em></p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 89</p><p>

Other notes: Joe Sexy debuted a Ravishing gimmick, which got an initial rating of Great.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

Backstage, <strong>Ross Henry</strong> strode towards the aisle, but he stopped suddenly. The camera panned right, and we saw why, as <strong>Super Ninja</strong> stood in his way.</p><p> </p><p>

RH: “What’s your deal?”</p><p> </p><p>

SN: “Don’t act like you’re smarter than me.”</p><p> </p><p>

A pause.</p><p> </p><p>

SN: “You didn’t think word would get out?”</p><p> </p><p>

RH: “What are you talking about?”</p><p> </p><p>

SN: “I know you and Art Reed are on the same plane to Puerto Rico.”</p><p> </p><p>

A pause.</p><p> </p><p>

RH: “That’s none of your business. You have NO reason to act like this.”</p><p> </p><p>

SN: “You disgust me. I’ll see you out there. Be ready.”</p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 80</p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #7:</strong> Ross Henry vs. Super Ninja</p><p> </p><p>

The confused crowd saw another very good match. Henry wrestled with the poise of a veteran, Ninja was his usual self, and in an unusual twist, a band of MAW fans chanted, “NINJA! NINJA! NINJA!,” when Henry fell victim to a Ninja Strike at 11:46.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 72</p><p>

Other notes: The match suffered due to a lack of selling. Henry’s in-ring performance was 68. Ninja’s was 72.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

Backstage, <strong>Darryl Devine</strong> was tended to by MAW doctors, and in walked commissioner <strong>Sam Keith</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

SK: “How’re you doing, Darryl?”</p><p> </p><p>

DD: “I’m fine.”</p><p> </p><p>

SK: “Would you tell me if you weren’t?”</p><p> </p><p>

Silence.</p><p> </p><p>

SK: “Look. What the hell were you thinking putting your career on the line tonight?”</p><p> </p><p>

DD: “If I can’t beat <strong>Marat Khoklov</strong>, I don’t deserve to be here.”</p><p> </p><p>

Sam nodded.</p><p> </p><p>

SK: “I just hope you’re good enough.”</p><p> </p><p>

Sam exited as Darryl rotated his arm.</p><p> </p><p>

DD: “So do I.”</p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 79</p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #8:</strong> Marat Khoklov © vs. Darryl Devine (MAW Mid Atlantic Championship)</p><p> </p><p>

As one could expect, this match was one of the best in MAW history. Devine fought from underneath for 10 minutes, constantly giving the crowd hope. However, at 9:50, no hope could fight off a Moscow Lariat, which felled the challenger for good.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 80</p><p>

Other notes: The match suffered due to a lack of selling. Khoklov’s in-ring performance was 73. Devine’s was 84 (talk about going out with a bang!).</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

Show rating: 79</p><p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">DEVINE, HENRY OUT; CRUISERWEIGHTS IN?</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

Despite one of the best shows in company history, the mood in MAW has been said to be very tense given the departure of top babyfaces <strong>Darryl Devine</strong> and <strong>Ross Henry</strong>. Devine has signed a written contract with NOTBPW, while Henry will move on to FCW.</p><p> </p><p>

Sources say that the company wasn't dismayed with Devine's move given NOTBPW's popularity and the bigger promotion's ability to lock him in to a big-money contract. However, the same cannot be said with regard to Ross Henry, who seemed to be plotting his exit from the minute he signed his MAW contract and was apparently unreceptive to any sort of a counter-offer once FCW came calling.</p><p> </p><p>

MAW's response was swift, and it involves four new signings. The company revealed three of them in a press release, mentioning the names of <strong>Harry Allen</strong>, <strong>Mexican Ghoul</strong>, and <strong>American Elemental II</strong>. The fourth is a mystery at this time, but one that will be revealed at Old School Rules near the end of the month.</p>

<p>Y'all know the drill; post predictions below!</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">MAW Old School Rules 2017</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Harry Allen vs. Super Ninja vs. Mexican Ghoul</p><p> </p><p>

Bulldozer Brandon Smith/??? vs. Brent Hill/Killer Shark</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>COTT Tag Team Championships</strong></p><p>

The Ring Generals vs. Rich and Famous</p><p> </p><p>

Logan Wolfsbaine vs. Justin Sensitive</p><p> </p><p>

Jack Avatar vs. Joe Sexy</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MAW American Championship</strong></p><p>

George Wolfe © (w/Lisa Bowen) vs. Tanyu Toshusai</p><p> </p><p>

Los Luchadors and Clark Alexander vs. The Dynamite Express and Hal Harvard</p><p> </p><p>

American Elemental II vs. Mashashi Urogataya</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>PLUS:</strong> Two major announcements from MAW Commissioner Sam Keith!</p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">MAW Old School Rules 2017</span></strong></p><p>

<strong>Attendance:</strong> 1,839</p><p>

We open the show with MAW Commissioner <strong>Sam Keith</strong> walking to the ring with a purpose. He steps through the ring, and is met with respectful applause.</p><p> </p><p>

SK: “Hi, everyone, and welcome to Old School Rules!”</p><p> </p><p>

Another pop.</p><p> </p><p>

SK: “I’ve got two announcements to make tonight. The first pertains to the MAW Cruiserweight Championship, which is currently vacant due to <strong>Darryl Devine</strong>’s absence. I’m rectifying that now by scheduling an eight-man tournament for next month.”</p><p> </p><p>

ME: “Whoa!”</p><p> </p><p>

SK: “Three spots have already been reserved. <strong>Harry Allen</strong>, <strong>Super Ninja</strong>, and <strong>Mexican Ghoul</strong> will main-event tonight, and all three will participate in the tournament. The other five spots will go to winners of qualifying matches that will be held at MAW Live! in two weeks, so be sure to come back and watch all the action.</p><p> </p><p>

“The second announcement is one I’m not pleased to make. That’s that this cruiserweight tournament will be my last action as MAW Commissioner. I’m resigning effective immediately.”</p><p> </p><p>

EFH: “WHAT?!?!”</p><p> </p><p>

The crowd gasps.</p><p> </p><p>

SK: “I’ve done a lot of things here in Mid Atlantic Wrestling that I’m very proud of. However, given the circumstances in MAW…and the people in charge above me…it makes sense to walk away now with my head held high.</p><p> </p><p>

“I want to say thank you to all of the fans and all of the boys in the back who have made my MAW career as amazing as it’s been. It’s been a hell of a ride, and I owe everything I’ve got to you people.</p><p> </p><p>

“Now…enough about me. Let’s get Old School Rules started!”</p><p> </p><p>

Sam Keith exits the ring and bolts to the back, leaving many people confused.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #1:</strong> American Elemental II vs. Mashashi Urogataya</p><p> </p><p>

Following that bombshell announcement was no easy task, but this was a solid opener between two hungry young wrestlers. Elemental looked strong in his MAW debut, but Urogataya prevailed at 7:48 with a Jumbo Backdrop Suplex.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 44</p><p>

Other notes: American Elemental II debuted a Fan Favorite gimmick, which got an initial rating of Average. Elemental’s in-ring performance was 43. Urogataya’s was 45.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

We go backstage. <strong>Sam Keith</strong> is walking towards the exit, but he’s stopped by Kremlin members <strong>Marat Khoklov</strong> and <strong>Joe Sexy</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

SK: “You happy now? You guys, as well as <strong>Brent Hill</strong> and <strong>Killer Shark</strong>, have drained my love of this business.”</p><p> </p><p>

MK: “Don’t let door hit you on way out.”</p><p> </p><p>

Sexy laughs.</p><p> </p><p>

JS: “Can you believe this guy? A legend, a Hall of Famer, a guy whose legacy is SO huge around here…and we chased him off.”</p><p> </p><p>

Keith’s head cocks to the side.</p><p> </p><p>

SK: “Who said I was fully leaving?”</p><p> </p><p>

Khoklov and Sexy look at one another, very confused.</p><p> </p><p>

SK: “…you guys are FULLY responsible for what happens next.”</p><p> </p><p>

Keith’s lips curl into a familiar sneer as he exits, slamming the door behind him.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “What could Sam Keith mean by that?”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

EFH: “I don’t know, and I’m not quite sure we want to find out!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

Other notes: Khoklov looked good.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #2:</strong> Los Luchadors and Clark Alexander vs. The Dynamite Express and Hal Harvard</p><p> </p><p>

Rumors flew that Jagged would be the next MAW superstar to leave, and some fans jeered him during the match. Those fans were temporarily satisfied at 9:48, when Syd Collier made him tap out to a Texas Cloverleaf.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 50</p><p>

Other notes: Alexander’s in-ring performance was 56. Mercy’s was 52. Jagged’s was 47. Harvard’s was 47. Collier’s was 55. Jones’s was 39.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #3:</strong> George Wolfe (w/Lisa Bowen) vs. Tanyu Toshusai (MAW American Championship)</p><p> </p><p>

Wolfe made his first title defense here, but Toshusai, who’d been turning heads for several months, didn’t make anything easy. Ultimately, it took outside interference from Lisa Bowen at ringside to swing the match in Wolfe’s favor, and the champion retained by pinfall at 9:42.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 48</p><p>

Other notes: Wolfe’s in-ring performance was 47. Toshusai’s was 53.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

As one may expect, <strong>Tanyu Toshusai</strong> is anything but pleased at these developments. As the crowd jeers <strong>George Wolfe</strong>’s win, Toshusai jumps the champion from behind, getting a measure of revenge as the jeers turn to cheers.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “Wolfe won the battle tonight, but it seems like the war is far from over!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 49</p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #4:</strong> Jack Avatar vs. Joe Sexy</p><p> </p><p>

Avatar, one-half of the MAW Tag Team Champions, put up a valiant fight against MAW’s latest high-impact signee. However, the Kremlin member ultimately prevailed at 10:22 following a One Night Stand.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 47</p><p>

Other notes: Sexy was off his game. Avatar’s in-ring performance was 52. Sexy’s was 49.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

We go backstage, where <strong>Justin Sensitive</strong> is standing by.</p><p> </p><p>

JS: “Everything <strong>Logan Wolfsbaine</strong> represents ticks me off. He’s this happy, smily, ‘I’ll fight anyone anywhere,’ guy, which would be great if it wasn’t completely phony.</p><p> </p><p>

“I saw through his act right away, and that’s when I decided to take matters into my own hands and rob him of his title. Tonight, I take the final step and rob him of any and all dignity he has.</p><p> </p><p>

“I’ve been around too long to get beat by a pretentious kid. Logan, get ready to get schooled.”</p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 65</p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #5:</strong> Logan Wolfsbaine vs. Justin Sensitive</p><p> </p><p>

Wolfsbaine attacked viciously in this match, remembering how it felt to get robbed of the MAW American Championship. Sensitive tried every dirty trick in the book, but he fell victim to a Belly to Belly Suplex at 17:33 to end the match.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 58</p><p>

Other notes: Wolfsbaine’s in-ring performance was 76. Sensitive’s was 38.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #6:</strong> The Ring Generals vs. Rich and Famous (COTT World Tag Team Championships)</p><p> </p><p>

Jackpot Jordan and Jake Idol were intent on proving their worth in this title match, and they went to great lengths to do that, including cheating behind the referee’s back. Statler and Waldorf could take no more at 17:42, and the match devolved into both teams wreaking havoc at ringside. As such, the referee called for a double-disqualification.</p><p> </p><p>

Other notes: Statler’s in-ring performance was 57. Waldorf’s was 64. Idol’s was 62. Jordan’s was 52.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

The two teams continue to brawl at ringside, with <strong>Rich and Famous</strong> eventually lining up to put the <strong>Ring Generals</strong> through the announce table.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “Look out, Ernest!”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

EFH: “Unlike you, I can take care of myself…wait, who’s that?!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

Suddenly, MAW Tag Team Champions <strong>Jack Avatar</strong> and <strong>Kip Keenan</strong> rush in with titles around their waists, beating on Jordan and Idol and saving The Ring Generals from a world of hurt. Rich and Famous flee up the ramp, while Avatar and Keenan stand next to Statler and Waldorf. The Ring Generals nod in appreciation, but show off the COTT titles while Avatar and Keenan point to their own belts.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “What a fun time it is in the tag team division! We’ve got some of the best teams around, all vying to be the best!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 66</p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Brent Hill</strong> and <strong>Killer Shark</strong> come to the ring to boos and stretch out as <strong>Bulldozer Brandon Smith</strong> makes his way through the curtain. Smith stops at the top of the ramp, microphone in hand.</p><p> </p><p>

BBS: “You guys have had a lot of fun lately, haven’t you? You’ve run <strong>Darryl Devine</strong> out of here. You’ve tried to run off <strong>Sam Keith</strong>. I have no doubt I’m your next target. But see…since YOU’VE had so much fun, I figure it’s my turn. And there’s nobody I know who’s more fun than tonight’s mystery partner.</p><p> </p><p>

“Ladies and gentlemen, making his MAW debut…<strong>GRANDMASTER PHUNK</strong>!!!”</p><p> </p><p>

The crowd roars in approval as PSW champ Grandmaster Phunk struts out and high-fives Smith. Meanwhile, the members of the Kremlin look on incredulously.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “We knew there was one new signee left unannounced earlier this week! This was it, and it was a big one!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

Other notes: Phunk debuted a DJ gimmick, which got an initial rating of Great.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #7:</strong> Bulldozer Brandon Smith/Grandmaster Phunk vs. Brent Hill/Killer Shark</p><p> </p><p>

Phunk looked sharp in his MAW debut, as did Smith, who put forth arguably his best MAW performance ever. The crowd ate this match up, and they loved the result, which came when Phunk pinned Killer Shark at 11:54.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 61</p><p>

Other notes: Phunk’s in-ring performance was 49. Smith’s was 80 (!!!). Shark’s was 55. Hill’s was 57.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #8:</strong> Harry Allen vs. Super Ninja vs. Mexican Ghoul</p><p> </p><p>

While the highly-anticipated debuts of Allen and Ghoul didn’t result in a classic match, this was still a fun main event between three of the favorites in the upcoming cruiserweight tournament. Ultimately, Ninja (still receiving a shocking amount of support from the fans) pinned Ghoul at 12:10.</p><p> </p><p>

Match rating: 53</p><p>

Other notes: Allen debuted a Teen Idol gimmick, which got an initial rating of Great. Ghoul debuted a Supernatural gimmick, which got an initial rating of Great. Allen’s in-ring performance was 45. Ninja’s was 74. Ghoul’s was 34 (curse you, time decline!!!).</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Super Ninja</strong>’s hand is raised, and on cue, out comes <strong>The Kremlin</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “Oh, no. This can’t be good.”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

EFH: “This is the strongest faction in wrestling today! What do they have their eyes on here?”</em></p><p> </p><p>

Marat Khoklov, Brent Hill, Killer Shark, and Joe Sexy step into the ring, each smiling at Super Ninja, who stands with his arms crossed. Khoklov himself breaks the line, offering a hand for a handshake.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “They’re recruiting Super Ninja!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

Ninja looks around at the booing fans and ponders his next move. Ultimately, he…drops down and rolls out of the ring, walking up the ramp without looking back at The Kremlin inside the ring.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>ME: “…what just happened?”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

EFH: “I think we’ve got way more questions than answers, Marvin. He didn’t say yes, but he didn’t say no, either!”</em></p><p> </p><p>

Segment rating: 83</p><p>

Other notes: Khoklov came across well.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

Show rating: 62</p><p>

The next MAW Live! card is set. Post your predictions; you get a bonus point if you correctly name the next MAW commissioner.

MAW Live!: June 2017

Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs. Super Ninja

Cruiserweight Tournament Qualifier

Logan Wolfsbaine vs. Syd Collier

Angel of Mercy vs. Darin Flynn

Clark Alexander vs. Jonah Pilgrim

American Elemental II vs. Justin Sensitive

Tanyu Toshusai vs. Marcel LeFleur (w/Lisa Bowen)

Babau vs. Cameron Jones

Brodie Lachlan vs. Mario da Silva

PLUS: MAW’s new commissioner will be revealed!

Archived