I've been lurking here for a while. I'm curious if Bowl Bound is a complete game or not. It seems like there's some work to be done and it is being done but that the game isn't a finished project just yet. Wonder if I should buy it first of all and second if I should wait. I have played the demo and like what I saw but I worry about some issues raised.

I still play it pretty much everyday for a good hour..at least. Some days I'll play for five hours straight like I did this past weekend. I've had it since release. 1.1 will be a nice update and will solve most of the problems you've probably had. You're probably safe by getting it now if you enjoyed the demo.

I'd have to concur with this statement. I am having a blast with multiplayer leagues as well as my own solo leagues. This game actually impacts your coaching preferences in muliplayer leagues instead of feeling all random. The Polls need some work, but will probably be fixed in the new patch.

I'd say hold off. While the game has some nice potential, I find it not very playable right now due to various RTE's (including the 457 mentioned above), and also due to the polling problems among other 'under the hood stuff.' I would highly recommend after these issues are worked out.

I'd say hold off. I own it but it gets a little tedious in its present format. Let them complete the game with 1.1 . No offense but I've been burned before by promises, let's hope this isn't another time. (Example. games that promise an update with things promised in the original game, only to be released 6 months later as a new version with a small "update fee") Just hold off, they've been good, but let them release ver. 1.1 that was promised a month ago. suggestion: the game needs a little character, its kind of a cold stat machine right now, I worked hard and went 13-0 and won national championship, but didn't feel rewarded in game, if that makes any sense

In a way I echo MAP 444's comment about the game. I enjoy it, and will continue to play it, but the sim doesn't take on a life of its own...IMHO. I purchased TCB and can't stop playing it. I play out all my games vs. simming...I guess because there are only 15 players on a team in B-ball, I feel I "know" them better vs. 75 for football. The in-game sounds, the simple but very effective 2D annimations that show what's going on in the game second by second just have a greater immersion factor than reading a text discription regarding play results. That being said, BBCF is a pretty good sim ( recruiting is very deep and challenging)...disappointed that update/patches haven't been as timely vs. TCB. The 1.1 will make a good game better. I'm glad I made the purchase and find it to be head and shoulders above FOF which has a much more "spreadsheet" feel to it.

[QUOTE=Dave Hansen]In a way I echo MAP 444's comment about the game. I enjoy it, and will continue to play it, but the sim doesn't take on a life of its own...IMHO. I purchased TCB and can't stop playing it. I play out all my games vs. simming...I guess because there are only 15 players on a team in B-ball, I feel I "know" them better vs. 75 for football. The in-game sounds, the simple but very effective 2D annimations that show what's going on in the game second by second just have a greater immersion factor than reading a text discription regarding play results. That being said, BBCF is a pretty good sim ( recruiting is very deep and challenging)...disappointed that update/patches haven't been as timely vs. TCB. The 1.1 will make a good game better. I'm glad I made the purchase and find it to be head and shoulders above FOF which has a much more "spreadsheet" feel to it.[/QUOTE] Your TCB comments are dead on. Seeing your players actually play really allows one to "connect" with them. The sound also adds another layer of realism. BBCF really needs to add some sort of 2D gameplay down the road as well as sound effects. Arlie had sound in TPF and I have no doubt that he will eventually add them to BBCF. -Cork55

CORK55- Back in the very early 80's I purchased my first football sim from a company called XOR. I played it on my IBM PC Jr using DOS 2.0!! After you called a play, the game would switch to a screen where "X's" and "O's" would actually move about the screen simulating the play called. Even had an a slo-mo instant replay feature where you could watch the "players" perform to your heart's content. Would then get a brief play-by-play commentary. No sound, but it was the first 2D action screen sim of a sports game that I can remember.

[QUOTE=Dave Hansen]CORK55- Back in the very early 80's I purchased my first football sim from a company called XOR. I played it on my IBM PC Jr using DOS 2.0!! After you called a play, the game would switch to a screen where "X's" and "O's" would actually move about the screen simulating the play called. Even had an a slo-mo instant replay feature where you could watch the "players" perform to your heart's content. Would then get a brief play-by-play commentary. No sound, but it was the first 2D action screen sim of a sports game that I can remember.[/QUOTE] I have very fond memories of XOR Football. That was a game ahead of it's time. I hope that Arlie can implement something similar in BBCF. -Cork55

I played XOR so much it was insane. I was probably about 8 or 9 at the time. I remember things being color coded and I remember there was one play that I ran all the time that got me a ton of yards. I remember feeling bad about it at the time because I felt like I was cheating...had found a loophole.

My brother and I were huge XOR fans! I can still recall the plays we couldn't run unless in an emergency -- On Offense - TE & FB screens; On defense - Buck Strong; Inside Charge! We used to make college team names and since I was a Husker fan we had to figure out a way to use the QB as a runner. In XOR there was only the QB Sneak which never netted more than 3 yards. Any way we'd make a RB with the same # and run him periodically to make it look like the QB ran. Man we loved that game. Then they were coming out with the "College" game (college teams based on pro alumni) and we never got it!

[QUOTE=rowech]I've been lurking here for a while. I'm curious if Bowl Bound is a complete game or not. It seems like there's some work to be done and it is being done but that the game isn't a finished project just yet. Wonder if I should buy it first of all and second if I should wait. I have played the demo and like what I saw but I worry about some issues raised.[/QUOTE] I'll mirror mauboy's comments a bit and say I find myself playing just about every day. While I'm looking forward to the 1.1 update, I find there's enough there to keep me coming back for more. Plus I'm getting a good idea on what works and what doesn't while I wait to start a primary dynasty (which will commence once 1.1 is released and one of the fine folks in the community come up with a set of rosters based on "real" players :) ).

Archived