RIP Muhammad Ali

K-Nection

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41867" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm really shocked there is not a thread that is dedicated to him yet so I'll go ahead and make it. The man is the greatest boxer to ever walk the earth and will be sorely missed. The man, the myth, the legend Muhammad Ali!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is not me trying to troll but he was the self-glossed greatest boxer. Now do not get me wrong he could have very well have been the greatest but it is not a fact. </p><p> </p><p> Was he better than Rocky Marciano who retired undefeated?</p><p> </p><p> How about the Brown Bomber Joe Lewis?</p><p> </p><p> Or even Mike Tyson.</p><p> </p><p> We will never get the chance to know because they all fought in different eras. But I never bought into the hype that he was the greatest of all time just because he said and to borrow a wrestling term that was his gimmick to hype himself.</p>

The others I see your point....but Mike was a bit of a flash in the pan don't you think? He was only dominate for a few years and both Holyfield and Lennix Lewis bested him pretty decisively.

I never had the pleasure of growing up and seeing Ali box but I watched a countless number of his fights on ESPN Classic. He was a game changer in his time because he was the first boxer that got into everyone's head before the first punch was ever thrown.

Like it or not he is revered as one of the greatest to ever step through the ropes.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41867" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The others I see your point....but Mike was a bit of a flash in the pan don't you think? He was only dominate for a few years and both Holyfield and Lennix Lewis bested him pretty decisively.<p> </p><p> I never had the pleasure of growing up and seeing Ali box but I watched a countless number of his fights on ESPN Classic. He was a game changer in his time because he was the first boxer that got into everyone's head before the first punch was ever thrown.</p><p> </p><p> Like it or not he is revered as one of the greatest to ever step through the ropes.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You will get no argument from me that he is <strong>one</strong> of the greatest off all-time I just take issue with people saying he is <strong>the</strong> greatest of all-time. Just simply because folks tend to state it as a fact and we could never possibly know if it is a fact.</p><p> </p><p> Much like people say the 1927 Yankees are the greatest baseball team off all-time. Well there is no way of proving if they are or not, it just gets repeated over and over again and so people say it as if it were a fact.</p><p> </p><p> In regards to Tyson, if he was more mentally stable I do believe he would and should be in the discussion for the greatest of all-time. Even in the few years he dominated, he really dominated. Then along came the Buster Douglas fight and everything was downhill for that point forward.</p>

Archived