I'm personally having great luck with FCW -- I've got a TV Deal with TV-Puerto Rico and I'm running a show/month. I'll evaluate the individuals below:

Wrestler [Push (Title)]

Hell's Bo�uncer [Main Eventer (�FCW Puerto Rican)]

Bouncer has some good qualities. I find that he quickly gets snapped up by USPW. If he stays, he can pull a decent match, but he isn't a great choice as champion. You need to pull the title off him on the first show.

Ox Mastadon [upper Midcarder (�FCW People's)]

�Mastadon does�n't really deserve the title, and he doesn't have long-term use. The 937 lb. Express are below average tag guys���������������. Again, you should take the title off him soon.

The Puerto Rican Boys [Lower Midcarder (FCW Tag Team)]

Kid San Juan -- is fairly average, and doesn't have a whole lot going outside his aerial ability -- you need someone to do high spots matches, and he can do them -- however, you're paying him a whole lot for not much.

Island Boy Apollo -- has singles potential with the right gimmick/push. With a good destiny roll, he can carry the company, but there are better options.

<p>Puerto Rican Power plus a heel with menace equals gold</p><p> </p><p>

this is my favourite promotion to play in, I got about five years in before I decided to start again as my roster got too large, I ended up as a super Regional company, with Bryan Vessey in my crew </p><p> </p><p>

now I have a system, I cap my roster at 32, one leaves one comes in policy </p><p> </p><p>

Joffy Lane is also the way forward</p>

Starting Storylines: Hell's Fury

Leper Messiah (Face) vs. Hell's Bouncer (Heel)

Leper Messiah -- is a poor man's Bouncer. He's serviceable as a transitional champion, and that is about it. He can pull decent match grades with the right opponent. Leper Messiah should go over here if Bouncer signs for USPW.

Hell's Bouncer -- Not the best around, better younger talent, and he tends to go to UPSW in Week 3. He should drop it to Russell or Power if he sticks around.

The Alliance

Billy Russell (Face) & Puerto Rican Power (Face) vs. Giant Brody (Heel) & Handsome Stranger (Heel)

Handsome Stranger -- Stranger is an average hand. If he is your UC (he starts as head booker) he can put people over and act as a solid gatekeeper. At 40, Stranger will either be on time decline or be snapped up by USPW or SWF -- he's unlikely to stick around.

Giant Brody -- one of the worst overall workers on the roster. He's over but has little else, his menace is good but not great and he's best at putting others over.

Billy Russell -- At 41, odds are he isn't too far gone, and at 41, he's probably too old to get snapped up by a bigger promotion. He may tour with PGHW or a Japanese company -- so be prepared to work around that if necessary. His psychology is great and he can work technical matches really well. Pair him up with a manager, like Carl Batch, because he can't talk his way out of a paper bag. Russell should be on your short list for #1 Contender and the title. Consider turning Russell and having him take the belt off Messiah -- and move Power and Russell to the main event.

Puerto Rican Power -- At 44, Power is likely on time decline at this point, and possibly 5+ years. Power lacks stamina and doesn't have great top-row stats. So, if he's on time decline, he'll need to be carried in the main event. He also has creative control, so getting a title off him can be difficult, but... he will put people over when protected pretty well. He's a decent promo. He's a great challenger, but not a champ.

Back on the Ranch

Carlos Gonzales (Face) vs. Tex Tagan (Heel)

Carlos Gonzales - He's close to challenging Brody as worst on the roster. He's a cancer backstage as well, he should be shafted soon as possible.

Tex Tagan -- Tagan is decent, but he isn't great. Which is good as he won't get too expensive. He can pull a decent match and won't gas. He is worth keeping around as a gatekeeper.

Puerto Rican Power plus a heel with menace equals gold

this is my favourite promotion to play in, I got about five years in before I decided to start again as my roster got too large, I ended up as a super Regional company, with Bryan Vessey in my crew

now I have a system, I cap my roster at 32, one leaves one comes in policy

Joffy Lane is also the way forward

This is from 2018, with Laine as figurehead. "The Jack Hammer" is terrific. He's pulling A* angles with others in Puerto Rico, too.

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t602/SoulshineSeeker/Screen%20Shot%202016-06-09%20at%2010.41.38%20PM_zpsaxawhujp.png

A lot depends on whether or not he's willing to move to Light Heavyweight. At Ripped Light Heavyweight, he's undisputed best on the roster.

Been thinking of launching a new FCW save... but a few quick questions if anyone has some good advice to offer...

How many shows should you run out of the gate? 1 monthly and always in PR?

Does Kirk Jameson get snatched up everytime?

Also...this seems like a great promotion to strap the rocket to El Mitico... anyone tried that?

Thanks!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41892" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Been thinking of launching a new FCW save... but a few quick questions if anyone has some good advice to offer...<p> </p><p> How many shows should you run out of the gate? 1 monthly and always in PR?</p><p> </p><p> Does Kirk Jameson get snatched up everytime?</p><p> </p><p> Also...this seems like a great promotion to strap the rocket to El Mitico... anyone tried that?</p><p> </p><p> Thanks!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I personally run 2 a month. A setup show leading in to the big event.</p><p> </p><p> Yes, yes he does.</p><p> </p><p> El Mitico is great in any promotion so go or it you can't fail.</p><p> ____</p><p> </p><p> I may be the only one who thinks this but Puerto Rican Power is severely overrated to me. He has decent entertainment skills and star quality, but beyond that what more does he have? He is a prime example of great booking because outside of that he has nothing.</p><p> </p><p> Right now I have PRP in a feud with Billy Russell since that seems like a feud waiting to happen. It's gonna be the money feud to last for half the year since they are the most over in Puerto Rico. I'm hoping it can lead us to a strong regional position. After that it's gonna be time for the two to put over new talent. Billy will be saddled with Xavi Ferrara hopefully placing him well into the main event. PRP will be saddled with Kip Keenan with the same goal in mind. I never see either of these men being snatched by SWF or USPW so I'm hoping they'll be the future and carry us to cult.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41892" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Been thinking of launching a new FCW save... but a few quick questions if anyone has some good advice to offer...<p> </p><p> How many shows should you run out of the gate? 1 monthly and always in PR?</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you are willing to eschew production, go with two monthly in Puerto Rico. Wait until you are able to negotiate with TV-Puerto Rico (D-/40 Pop) to run outside PR. By this point, you should be able to upgrade production and run only one show/month in PR. I run one in Tri-State, which has full spillover into Mid-Atlantic and New England, and one show in Puerto Rico. You'll start a tic more over in the South East, but spillover is so low it won't help.</p><p> </p><p> This should put you in great position to get TV on East Coast Today. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41892" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Does Kirk Jameson get snatched up everytime?</p></div></blockquote><p> You'll usually lose Jameson, Rudy Velaquez and Hell's Bouncer within a month and sometimes Handsome Stranger or Davis Wayne Newton. </p><p> </p><p> This makes me think USPW and/or TCW start below their minimum number of workers in the database. I plan to fix this and a few other issues in a future mod/update. Overall, the CVerse is really well done and a major step forward, but needs tweaking -- and unless we get a new wrestling spirit, we won't get a C_Verse update until the next game </p><p> I'll post more on this during the Holiday season. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41892" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Also...this seems like a great promotion to strap the rocket to El Mitico... anyone tried that?</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> El Mitico Jr would do great in FCW -- it will be difficult to get other guys to put him over as he starts with almost no pop in the US. With the right destiny roll, he could easily be a great figurehead. </p><p> </p><p> As far as a "must-hire", Xavi Ferrera starts with great star quality and can work nearly any style, and given his relative pop (14) in the US, he's actually cheap. Plus, he's actually from Puerto Rico, so there is the local connection too. </p><p> </p><p> In TEW 2016, a lot depends on 1) destiny roll, 2) worker willing to change weight and 3) successful weight change. I've had Joffy Laine and Xavi Ferrera add 5+ SQ points moving from "muscular" to "ripped" -- but lost considerable SQ points when wrestlers became "flabby". There is a lot left up to chance in this new version, and it is something I like about the new game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DevinTEW13" data-cite="DevinTEW13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41892" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> I may be the only one who thinks this but Puerto Rican Power is severely overrated to me. He has decent entertainment skills and star quality, but beyond that what more does he have? He is a prime example of great booking because outside of that he has nothing.</p><p> </p><p> Right now I have PRP in a feud with Billy Russell since that seems like a feud waiting to happen. It's gonna be the money feud to last for half the year since they are the most over in Puerto Rico. I'm hoping it can lead us to a strong regional position. After that it's gonna be time for the two to put over new talent. Billy will be saddled with Xavi Ferrara hopefully placing him well into the main event. PRP will be saddled with Kip Keenan with the same goal in mind. I never see either of these men being snatched by SWF or USPW so I'm hoping they'll be the future and carry us to cult.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I pretty much go to Russell-Power right away from the starting feud where they're paired up. </p><p> </p><p> He starts with an amount of overness in Puerto Rico (A) that makes him difficult to ignore. But yes, he is severely limited, and usually on time decline. You can protect him by using brawl matches [i've made the "I Quit" match a staple in my save], but his lone use is getting others over -- which isn't great if he's still company owner as he has CC. </p><p> </p><p> It'll take probably ~3 years to hit cult. FCW is arguably the easiest company</p><p> to advance in size with -- with PSW and 4C possibly in the mix -- but it still takes a while to build the necessary pop. to get on-air.</p>

Just started a game and this thread is super useful. I signed Fox Mask (Events only, 6 months to keep cost down...he'll actually be cheaper than Hell's Bouncer who is about to leave me for USPW). I am strapping him on the first show. Leper Mesiah will cost Hell's Bouncer that match before he turns on Fox Mask to setup Fox's fist challenger.

Fox Mask' pop has him autopush to ME, he's well beyond a serviceable worker for FCW at this size, and he tends not to get scooped up by bigger promotions in my my previous games--feels like the perfect canditate to get the ball rolling.

Additionally I joined the COTT right off the bat. My main reason is to bring him some luchadores (I'm looking at you Gino Montero) from OLLIE to make them available in the US.

<p>Other FCW Wrestlers</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Other Wrestlers</strong></span></p><p>

<strong>Bradford Peverell </strong>-- He's a bit of a "nearly man" with a "main event" contract. At 31, he won't improve dramatically. However, he can cut a great promo, and has good star quality. Peverell is very one dimensional and doesn't have good enough qualities anywhere else to make him a main eventer. </p><p>

<strong>Bull Wrecker </strong>-- Currently in a tag team with Mutant -- and can help him short term with his performance skills. He doesn't have any other use. He's paid considerably, so I'd consider getting rid of him, unless you want to give him a short run with the Tag Titles. </p><p>

<strong>Curtis Shaw </strong>-- Low star quality, poor skills, low stamina, Shaw has limited use other than as a jobber, and plenty of workers are willing to do that for better and cheaper. </p><p>

<strong>Davis Wayne Newton</strong> -- If you're lucky enough to hang on to him, "The Triple Threat" can do just about everything. He isn't quite charismatic enough to use as your Figurehead, but he's probably your second best starting worker -- he can brawl, fly and bring the work to the mat. He tends to get snapped up pretty quickly. </p><p>

<strong>Hector Galindo</strong> -- Galindo really works only as high spots match filler -- he's good to put others over in those matches. However, he lacks the star power to get out of the mid card -- he's decent enough in the ring and over enough to keep around and place on every couple cards. He's a poor backstage presence but his friendship with Chavez and Velaquez make him valuable. </p><p>

<strong>Jesus Chavez -</strong>- the second-best latino king. His good menace is useful in angles, and his star quality is above average. He's passable, but not good, int the ring, and o onal at that. I usually use him as a main event gatekeeper -- he starts over and can be kept just below the Main Event. </p><p>

<strong>Joffy Laine </strong>-- If [and only if] he successfully moves up to Ripped Light Heavyweight, he is the figurehead by default on the roster. Otherwise, he's still the best choice once USPW (or SWF) poaches several talents. He has great charisma, decent all-around skills, and good psychology for his age. A natural babyface, Laine is a great choice to slow build into a champion. At 24, he's going to improve for 5+ years, and will become best worker in the states outside TCW, USPW or SWF. </p><p>

<strong>King Kong Kennedy</strong> -- Kennedy has size and menace, but brings little else -- and with his price tag, you probably don't want to invest in him seriously. He will bring down your match with his torrid stamina. </p><p>

<strong>Kip Kennan </strong>-- Of the potential "stars" in FCW, Keenan is probably the worst and least convincing. I haven't tested moving him up in size, but it would probably make him more palatable. At 28, his performance skills are sub-par, and his top row stats are average at best. His major selling point, his technical skills, are good but not great -- worth having in a feud with Billy Russell, but with Technical Masterclass getting penalized for "being fed to a rowdy crowd" good mat work won't get you in the ME. </p><p>

<strong>Kirk Jameson</strong> -- Great star quality -- one of the best in the nation -- and great submission skills. His charisma will leave him overshadowed significantly as figurehead, and his other top-row stats are only average -- and at 29, he isn't going to get a whole lot better. Jameson is a borderline figurehead who could definitely headline an event -- however, he's likely to be stolen pretty quickly. </p><p>

<strong>Mutant</strong> -- Of the "hoss" wrestlers on the roster, Mutant is probably the best. At 21, he can definitely improve, and is fun to write and book. His menace and star quality are good and [theoretically] he can improve on that by moving to Super Heavyweight -- Mutant starts as a "Muscular" Big Heavyweight and the natural progression is to "Ripped". His stamina is a major let down, and really hurts his main event potential -- it's something that needs to be worked upon. At 21, he has plenty of time to learn to both play a face and improve his uninspiring performance skills. </p><p>

<strong>Rob Reynolds</strong> -- At 25, "The Real Deal" is a good performer who has the ability to improve. However, his lack of camera skills give him a ceiling. He is versatile and can work a number of styles and is fairly inexpensive. </p><p>

<strong>Rudy Velaquez</strong> -- the best Latino King, Velaquez is the total package. He starts able to call in the ring, is proficient with all styles and can go all day. His star quality isn't good enough to be a figurehead, but he's a sure-fire main eventer. His major flaw is that he is just "too good" and tends to be snapped up by a major company in the first month.</p>

Archived