HTML In Some Sections But Not Others?

First off, apologies if this isn't the place for this but I had no clue where to ask.

I'm just curious why HTML is open to use in some sections but in others it's turned off? For example in the TEW 2016 Dynasty section it's available to use as shown here. However if I were to post that same post in the TEW 2016 General Discussions section, it doesn't receive the html at all.

Personally this isn't a problem or anything, I was just curious after attempting to use html in my posts for discussions about my current game not working, yet it works in other sections. Also if it's possible, maybe getting HTML turned on in all sections?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MrCreative" data-cite="MrCreative" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42362" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>HTML use on forums is a potential XSS security risk. That's possibly one reason why.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I could one hundred percent understand this if that was the reason, however why not make it not used in all sections? Seems a bit weird that some get to use it while others don't.</p>

Archived