The Adventures of a Canadian Vampire

My name is Ian Hodgkinson. I'm 17 years old, from Thunder Bay, Ontario(That's in Canada, in case anyone is confused), and for the past year I've been working my *** off in a cheap, run down gym. Now, I begin my lifelong dream of being a professional wrestler. One of my trainers, a 400 pound 'Arabian' mad-man called Abdullah the Butcher has gotten me a tryout at the local promotion he works for, Maple Leaf Wrestling. Through networking with my other trainers, I've managed to actually get a contract with the IWA in Montreal. Abdullah's last words before he set off on his latest trip to Pureto Rico were "You need a gimmick. Sure you [i]could[/i] go out there in black trunks and get over just on your abilities, but it's a hell of alot easier when the fans can just glance at you, and tell what you're all about." I spent days pacing around my house before my tryout match with MLW trying to come up with something, then I noticed a poster that had been on my wall so long I had almost forgotten about it. Inspiration struck, and I headed out in search of a good makeup kit and some hair gel. [u]Stats:[/u] (I made them all up, based on other rookies in the data. In reality, Vampiro debut in 1985, so I moved his birthdate back a year,) Overness USA 0 Canada 0 Mexico 0 Japan 0 Skills and Abilities Spirit 10 Power 40 Technique 40 Speed 40 Psych 46 Stamina 35 Toughness 50 Charisma 35 Microphone 15 Safety 37 Looks 40 Respect 0 [u]Monday, Week 1 February 1984[/u] I was in the Steiner Memorial Armory, painting my face like a skull and gelling my hair to point straight down into a point in front of my face when I caught word of who my opponent was going to be: [b]Angelo Mosca Jr.[/b] His father was a big star, a huge powerhouse, but like most "Jrs" in wrestling, [b]Angelo[/b] couldn't match up. In a somewhat fitting turn of booking, [b]Abdullah the Butcher[/b] had returned from Puerto Rico, and was taking on [b]Angelo Sr.[/b] in the main event. I mess with [b]Angelo Jr[/b]. a little before our bout, essentially putting myself over to him, I think I ****ed him off a little. The show finally started, the power chord opening of "Die, Die, My Darling" by The Misfits blared over the sound system, and I made my way to the ring. I was greeted with boos from the crowd upon exiting the curtain. I guess [b]Abby[/b] was right about gimmicks. [b]Match 1: Vampiro Cassanova vs. Angelo Mosca, Jr.[/b] Angelo gets the advantage early on, hitting a series of punches and headlocks until I slipped out of a suplex attempt and apply a hammerlock, followed by a swift kick to his thigh, then a series of punches, until he put me in another headlock. He headed up to the top rope and came crashing down with a double-axe handle, followed by another before I could recover. Before he could press his advantage further, I grabbed his arm and twisted it painfully, elbowing him just to make him a little more uncomfortable, then sent him to the mat with an armdrag. I sent a swift kick to his back as he sat up, the loud crack made the audience wince a little. I smirked, and did it again. Angelo was too quick for me on the third try, got up, and climbed the turnbuckles. I knew what was coming next, but he didn't. Imagine his surprise when my feet found their way into his stomach when he tried to hit me with another double-axe handle. He managed to avoid my feet when I attempted to follow up, and went for a running clothes line, I ducked under, hitting the ropes and leaping over him into a neck snap. He fell back, I climbed on top of him and started punching him in the face until the ref pulled me off of him. The crowd voiced their dissapproval as I smiled and took it in, greeting Angelo with another kick to the back as he got up. He hit me with a rough Discus Punch upon standing, knocking me off my feet. He tried to pick me up, but a boot to the stomach put an end to that. I followed with a snap suplex, another series of fists to Angelo's face, and a stomp after the referee pulled me away. I picked him up, and let him stand there groggy as I mocked the Great Holy and Immortal Hulk Hogan by waving my hand and putting it to my ear. I shoudl've been paying more attention to Angelo, as he rocked me with a clothesline right as I finished my taunt. I was back on my feet just as fast as he was, though and hit him with a series of strikes, knocking him over with a good old european uppercut. I scaled the turnbuckles, and waited for Angelo to get back on his feet, greeting him with a flying dropkick to the chest. I went for the pin, getting 2 and 1/2. We get to our feet, and I sent him to the ropes, going for a clothesline and him deciding to try a clothesline as well. We collided and went down. Angelo was first to his feet, picking me up and hitting another clothesline. He followed with an elbowdrop, then went back to the top rope. I got hit with my 3rd flying double axehandle of the night. I stayed on my feet, and he went for a DDT. I grabbed his arm and slid out of the move, but when I tried to twist his arm around, he pulled me into a clothesline. He went for a dropkick after I got up, but I sidestepped and tried to slow him down with a surfboard hold. He proved to be difficult to get a hold on, so I went for the more direct rout, and kicked him in the back a few times. I picked him up and went for a DDT, but once again he was uncooperative, so I threw his arm over my head and hit a snap suplex. Angelo recovered, and once more I found myself on the recieving end of a double-axe handle. He went for a piledriver, but I pushed him away and hit the ropes, but before I could do anything, he put me down with a clothesline. He picked me up and I sprung into a dropkick. Before I could capitalize, he was on his feet, into the ropes, and hitting me with a dropkick of my own. I got to my knees and as he approached, I used my Secret Weapon. A spray of bright red fluid erupted from my mouth, staining his face crimson. He stumbled back and fell from the burning sensation all across his head and chest. I lifted him up, ready to hit my finisher, when tried throw me to the ropes. I whipped around and reversed it, jumping into the air and hitting him with both legs across his chest as he came back. He blocked a kick to the stomach and spun around into a discus punch, then once again hit me with a flying double axe handle. I stumbled back and he crashed into me with a cross-body block, getting only a 2 count. I stood up, and he hit me with another discus punch, square in the head. I fell to the ground dizzy. Things got a little hazy at this point. I remember him having the advantage for the next few minutes until I reversed a cross-body block, getting a near fall, and another near-fall from a Magistral Cradle. Things went back and forth, I think, with numerous near-falls on both sides. He went for a small-package, but I kicked out. He hit me with a dropkick, and went up top for a flying elbowdrop. I rolled out of the way, then climbed on top and applied an old favorite, the Camel Clutch. After a few seconds he taps. And my first match is over in 36 minutes. [b]Rating: B[/b] I stood in the ring, raising my arms, the crowd on it's feet for me and [b]Angelo.[/b] I may have been a 'bad guy', and Angelo may have lost, but the fans knew two athletes giving 110% when they saw it. I head to the back, face paint almost completely torn off and damn proud of myself. Later on, [b]Angelo Mosca Sr.[/b] would avenge his son by defeating my trainer, [b]Abdullah the Butcher[/b]. After the show, I met with the promoter, [b]Frank Tunney[/b]. He told me I did a hell of a job and offered me $40 bucks a show for 6 month. At 3 shows a week that adds up to over $1000 a month. Not bad for a rookie. Elsewhere in the world of wrestling... [color=red]MLW:[/color] [color=blue]Rene Goulet def. The Mighty Igor for the NWA Canadian Heavyweight Title.[/color] [color=red]UWA: [/color] [color=blue]Negro Casa def. Black Magic for the UWA World Lightweight Title.[/color] [color=red]AJPW: [/color] [color=blue]Dos Caras def. Chavo Guererro for the NWA International Lightweight Title[/color] [color=red]PNW: [/color] [color=blue]Scotty The Body def. Dean Malenko for the PNW Television Title[/color] (And for the record, future match write ups won'd be nearly as long. I just figured, y'know, with it being the first match and all...)

[u]Wednesday, Week 1 February 1984[/u] The Vampiro World, er, Province Tour rolls into Saul Sainte Marie for another MLW house show, and I find out I'm working with another young wrestler, only two years older than myself, by the name of [b]Sabu[/b]. We're set to take on [b]Ron Ritchie[/b] and [b]Boris Zhukov[/b]. Seemed like an odd pairing, but, whatever... [b]Match 2: Vampiro Cassanova and Sabu vs. Ron Ritchie and Boris Zhukov[/b] Sabu and Ritchie started out, going back and forth, but Sabu holding more of an advantage, repeatedly attempting to throttle the life out of Ritchie, despite the ref's protest. The crowd went nuts when Sabu tried to take a bite out of Ritchie's forehead. Ritchie made a rebound and tagged out to Zhukov. Sabu applied an armtwist, then jabbed Zhukov's arm with a pencil! [i]A pencil![/i] I started getting the feeling this guy is as, if not more crazy than his uncle, The Shiek. I motioned for him to tag out before he got us disqualified. I got in, and Zhukov dominated me for a couple minutes, running me through a number of headlocks, chinlocks, kneelocks, 'til I turned things around, blocking a couple forearms and responding with a coulple kicks. He avoided a european uppercut and went for a stomach breaker, but I turned things around into a pinfall. I only got a one count, but it was better than I had been doing. I jabbed him a couple times then he put me back on the defensive, by turning a snap suplex into a flapjack. I weaseled out of a bearhug and tagged Sabu in. My partner fares much better, hitting a series of jabs and headbutts. Sabu put Zhukov in a headlock and brought out old Mr. HB #2 once again. It doesn't quite work out, as Zhukov reversed the headlock, and brought Sabu down. He picked Sabu up, and Sabu turned a forearm smash into an armdrag, and proceeded to choke Zhukov out. Zhukov used his superior strength to push Sabu off and tagged Ritchie back in. Sabu showed off his degree from Heeling Academy by dragging Ritchie eye-first across the top rope before tagging me back in. Ritchie has the initial advantage, but I turn things in my favor after he got a near-fall on me with a small-package. A dropkick sent Ritchie scurrying to his corner and brought Zhukov back in. I did better against Zhukov this go around. I hit him with a dropkick, knocking him out of the ring. Once he recovered, I slingshot myself over the top rope, onto him. I believe the technical term is a pescado. I chased a fan out of his seat, and grabbed a steel chair. *WHACK!* Right across the back of Zhukov. The referee yelled at me, threatening disqualification. I throw the chair in the ring, then Zhukov. I position him near the chair, hook him for a snap suplex and... he blocked it, putting me in a hammerlock, kicking me in the back, the scaling the ropes. Zhukov came off the top with a double-axehandle, but met nothing but boots as I countered it with a dropkick. I tagged Sabu back in. Sabu brought Zhukov down with a series of strikes, then went out to the apron. He lept onto the top rope and sprung off into a flying legdrop. The crowd gasped in wonder, despite Zhukov rolling away. Ritchie came back in, and Sabu roughed him up some more, before throwing him outside and hitting him with a flying double-axehandle from the top rope. Sabu's follow ups didn't go so well, and Sabu found himself on the business end of several moves from both Ritchie and Zhukov. Sabu got some moves in edgewise, but was losing the battle, eventually being clotheslined outside of the ring. Zhukov went for a flying clothesling, but Sabu ducked out of the way. As he was lying there, Sabu picked up another steelchair and threw it down on Zhukov as hard as he could. By this point, the referee had had enough, and disqualified Sabu at the 27 minute mark. [b]Match Rating: C[/b] As much as I'd like to, I don't hang around much after the show. I had a long drive to Montreal. [u]Saturday, Week 1 February 1984[/u] I'm gonna be on TV! Granted, it's only gonna be shown in Quebeck, but it's better than nothing. Another tag match this time. [b]Match 3: Vampiro Cassanova and Paul Diamond vs. Tom Zenk and Jacques Rougeau[/b] I throw Zenk around for 5 minutes until he tags out to Rougeau and the tide turned, culminating in an Airplane Spin. I tagged out, thinking my partner'll have better luck. He doesn't. Not by a long shot. Rougeau goes through a laundry list of holds for the next several minutes with Diamond only getting a handful of offense in edgewise. The match culminates in a small package, with Rougeau getting the pinfall in only 12 minutes. [b]Rating: D[/b] I collected my paycheck and left, I had to be in Toronto by tomorrow afternoon. Elsewhere in the world of wrestling... [color=red]MACW:[/color] [color=blue]Don Kernoodle def. Angelo Mosca Jr for theMid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title.[/color] [color=red]AWA: [/color] [color=blue]Billy Robinson def. Steve Kiern for the AWA Television Title.[/color] [color=red]NJPW: [/color] [color=blue]Yoshiaki Fujiwara def. The Cobra for the WWF Junior Heavyweight Title[/color] [color=red]CSW: [/color] [color=blue]Karl Krupp def. Bob Brown for theCentral States Heavyweight Title[/color] [color=red]Stampede: [/color] [color=blue]Ron Starr def. Hiroyoshi Hase for the British Commonwealth Heavyweight Title[/color] [color=red]SWCW:[/color] [color=blue]Adrian Street def. Scott Casey for the Southwest Heavyweight Title[/color] [color=red]GCW:[/color] [color=blue]Thunderbolt Patterson def. Jake Roberts for the National Televison Title[/color] [color=red]ASW[/color] [color=blue]Alan Kilby def. Terry Jowett for the British Commonwealth/Empire Middleweight title[/color]

[u]Sunday, Week 1 February 1984[/u] I arrived in Toronto tired. I went into the TV Ontario building and found I was a few hours early. I caught a nap on one of the small couches in an employee lounge. I awoke to the prodding of a production assistant, and went out in search of [b]FrankTunney[/b]. I had an idea- Me and [b]Sabu[/b] as a regular tag team. 'Great idea," Frank said 'But we've already booked you both for a match tonight. I figure, you're mad at [b]Sabu [/b] for getting disqualified Wednesday, so tonight our opening match is Vampiro Cassanova vs. Sabu!" So much for that idea. [b]Match 4: Vampiro Cassanova vs. Sabu[/b] I started strong, pummeling Sabu for the first several minutes, until Sabu fell out on a back suplex attempt, getting a one count. He went for a headlock, but I turned it into the back suplex I was looking for to begin with. Sabu made a small recovery, culminating in a top-rope dropkick, which was met with a dropkick of my own. I kicked him in the back for good measure, then hit a top rope dropkick of my own. I picked Sabu up and threw him over the top rope. I hit the ropes opposite Sabu and dove forearm first through the ropes. I crashed into the guardrail. Sabu attempted to throw me back into the ring, but I fought him off but he threw me shoulder first into the cornerpost, then proceeded to jab that shoulder with a pencil. That thing hurt! He threw me around some more, into the cornerpost, into the rail, jabbing me with that damn pencil. He DDTed me on the outside, then climbed to the top rope. He crashed down with a double-axehandle, threw me in the ring, then hit a top-rope dropkick. He went for the Camel Clutch, but I slipped out, shot him to the ropes, and sprayed him with a mist of blood. The ref called for the bell at 14 minutes. I was ****ed. Sabu jabbed me with that damn pencil several times and [i]I[/i] get disqualified?! I argued with the referee, pushing him into the corner. Sabu had recovred, and clubbed me in the back of the neck, knocking me out of the ring. I cut my losses and headed to the back, cursing the ref. [b]Match Rating: C+[/b]

[u]Monday, Week 2 February 1984[/u] Ah, beautiful London. No, not [i]that[/i] London... the [i]other[/i] London. The one halfway between Detroit and Toronto. I had a friend in London. She left Thunder Bay to go to college in Toronto, dropped out, married a guy and wound up moving to London and working in retail all within a year. Life's crazy like that. Anyway, she promised me sleeping space on her couch should my wild travels("To the darkest depths of Quebec and beyond~!!") bring me to London, which they did. No mysteriously stained motel bed for me that night! She was kinda mad that I came knocking at 1 am(straight from the TV Ontario Studio), but it was worth dealing with her grumbling for the best sleep I'd had since leaving home. Anyway, on to the show! [b]Match 6: Vampiro Cassanova vs. Mark Youngblood[/b] I take it to him hard from the beginning, managing a two count in under 3 minutes. He turns things around quickly hitting a series of holds and takedowns, culminating in a slingshot splash followed by a flying elbowdrop. I kick out at two. He went to the apron as I stood, and landed a sunset flip, somehow getting a 3 count in 6 minutes. I argued with the referee, claiming a fast count and that the referees, as a whole, are taking revenge for yesterday's incident. [b]Match Rating: D[/b] (Seriously, though. WTF?! He hit only 15 moves(I hit 11)! His power is only 10 more than mine! I had 40 energy left when he pinned me! My most damaged body part has under 200 damage! W...T...F?!) Afterwards, I'm faced with a choice... I could either drive halfway around two great lakes, hang out at home for a day, then drive back past where I was to Windsor, where the next show was. OR I could hang out in London for another day and a half before a three hour drive to Windsor. Yeah, easy choice. [u]Wednesday, Week 2 February 1984[/u] [b]Match 7: Vampiro Cassanova vs. Ron Ritchie[/b] We started out going back and forth, neither of us unable to chain together more than three or four moves before the other turned things around until I hit a dropkick follwed up with a series of punches to the face. I brought him down again with a lightning kick, and headed to the top rope. He rolled out of the way of my guillotine leg drop. He put me in a headlock, but I got out of it by dropping him on his head. He went for a backslide, I tried to reverse it, and he flipped me over with a double-underhook suplex. I stood and he rolled me into a small package getting only two. He pulled a set of brass knuckles from his trunks. Pulling foreign objects from your pants isn't the best way to surprise a student of Abdullah The Butcher. I saw the punch coming and turned it into a bodyslam. He rolled over, and I took the opportunity to lock on a Camel Clutch. He tapped with a quickness at 10 Minutes. [b]Match Rating:C[/b] That was easier than expected... Elsewhere in the world of wrestling: [color=red]CMLL[/color] [color=blue]Mando Guererro def El Supremo for the NWA World Lightweight Title[/color] [color=blue]Super Pinocho def Mando Guererro for the NWA World Lightweight Title[/color] [color=red]MACW[/color] [color=blue]Ivan Koloff and Ric Flair def Jerry Briscoe and Ricky Steamboat for the NWA World Tag-Team Titles[/color] [color=red]AWA[/color] [color=blue]King Kong Brody def. Billy Robinson for the AWA Television Title[/color] [color=red]GCW[/color] [color=blue]Masked Superstar and Ole Anderson def The Road Warriors for the National Tag-Team Titles[/color] [color=red]CSW[/color] [color=blue]Skull Murphy def. Art Crews for the Central States Television Title[/color]

I'm enjoying reading this one. But a little anachronism ... you mentioned playing Die Die My Darling, which wasn't released until 1987. Though Danzig says he "recorded" it in 1984, no one would have had a copy to play as an intro for Vampiro until then.

(Actually, according to the album printing information in The Misfit's boxed set, it says there was an album produced in 1984 called "Die Die My Darling." One would assume the song of the same name would be on it. Granted, it probably wasn't released in January 1984. I picked the song initially because I thought it would make a good wrestling opening, and [i]if[/i] it hadn't really come out by 1984, I didn't think anyone reading would know. Anyway, now would be a good time to post a disclaimer I've been thinking of posting: I am not now, nor have I ever been Canadian. I've never even been to Canada. The majority of my knowledge of Canada comes from someone I talk to online who lives there, and Google Earth and Google Maps(DOUBLE TRUE!!!). I started watching wrestling in 1998. Most of the 80s wrestling I've seen comes from the Ric Flair DVD set and a Best of Tiger Mask tape. I was born in 1984. Most of my knowledge of the 80s comes from memory and those "I love the 80s" shows on VH1. Please keep these facts in mind while reading. Thank you.) [u]Saturday, Week 2 February 1984[/u] Ah, Quebec. All the annoyance of travelling to a non-english speaking nation with none of the relaxed laws an attitudes towards drugs, sex, and perscription medication. [b]Match 8: Vampiro Cassanova vs. Pat Tanaka[/b] When your first move in a match is a punch, and it gets revered into a headlock, it's usually not a good sign. We trade moves and counter-moves. I started to think I had the upperhand after hitting a spinning headscissors(and getting a decent pop out of the crowd in the process), and I decided to try a new move(for me), called a 'mafia kick'. Basically a running kick to the chest. It doesn't quite pan out as well as I hoped. He hit me with a dropkick mid-move. He Tommahawk Chopped me(for about the 15th time in 5 minutes. Hey, Tanaka. LEARN A NEW STRIKE!), picked me up and went for a small-package. I slipped around him and sent him neck first into the mat with a belly-to-back suplex. After making sure he was going to be down for a while(and by that I mean, punching him repeatedly to the face) I ascended the turnbuckles and came back down with a flying legdrop across his chest. I picked him up and tried to lift him into my new, double-plus extra awesome finishing move, but he pulled me into a small package. Only got a one though. We got up, he hits the ropes and comes back with running forearm. I duck, grab him, lift him, turn him and drop him in what could be called a Sit-out Bodyslam Driver, or what I call The Nail In The Coffin. 1...2... Last second kick out! I could tell that took everything he had to get out of that. I climbed back to the top, waited for him to stand and do something I saw on a tape from Mexico- A flying rana. Despite the crowds reaction from my high-flying antics, I still only get a two count. He got up, I booted him in the stomach, and went for the Nail again. He elbowed me in the head, and tried pulling me into a short-arm clothesline. I decide to take a more simple approach to victory in a small-package, he wraped his leg around mine to block then wrapped his arms around my waist and squeezed. Not like a 'friendly hug' kinda squeeze but a 'trying to prevent me from breathing' squeeze. I elbowed him about the shoulders, making him release me. I picked him up... one more time, Nail In the Coffin. The third time's the charm as I get the victory in 11 Minutes. [b]Match Rating: C+[/b] Well, two out of three succesful new moves in a match isn't bad. Plus I won the match. That always helps. As happy as I was with my victory, I was already dreading my weekly Montreal-to-Toronto Overnight Drive. [u]Sunday, Week 2 February 1984[/u] Another Sunday, another nap on a couch in a TV Ontario lounge. I woke up to the sound of people talking. I rolled over, and saw the room was empty. They must've been in the hallway. I recognized one of the voices. It was [b]Frank Tunney[/b]. "You guys need to lighten up," he said. "He's just a button pusher. He don't mean what he says, he's just trying to rile ya up. I bet he'd laugh his ass off if he found out you tried to get him fired over what he said to you." The other voice started up, it sounded like [b]Angelo Mosca Jr.[/b]. "I don't think he takes the sport seriously enough. He doesn't respect it." [b]Frank[/b] came back with "If he didn't, he wouldn't be as good as he is. I'm not sayin' he's amazing, but he's pretty good for only being two weeks in. Hell, he beat [i]you[/i] didn't he? That's what I think this is really about. He comes in, gets you all mad with a few words, then beats you. If he'd've been on the business end of that camel clutch, you'd'a never said anything about it. Now grow up, lighten up, grow a thicker skin, and get outta here." I rolled out of the couch at that point, the noise from that drowning out [b]Angelo's[/b] faint reply. I stumbled out of the room, with [b]Frank[/b] going over a clipboard, his back to me. "What was that all about?" "Jesus! Don't sneak up on me like that! Where the hell've you been? I saw your car in the lot when I came in." "I been sleeping in the break room. It's cheaper than a motel, and more comfortable too. So what was that?" "How much didja hear?" "I woke up at 'Grow up, lighten up, get outta here'." "Well, don't worry about it then. It's nothin'." "Cool. Hey, is the catering table where it was last week?" "Catering table? What've you eaten so far today?" "Um.. Define 'today'." "Jesus, son! You gotta wrestle in a few hours, you can't remember the last time you ate, and you think you can make up for it with coffee and donuts? You're an athlete. You need to treat your body better. Here..." He pulled out a $5 bill, and put it in my hand "Go down to the caffeteria and get ya a real meal." "Thanks," I said, attempting to give the money back "But I don't need it. I'm not [i]that[/i] poor." "I insist. Think of it as a pre-emptive bonus., or a motivational bonus, whatever, for putting on a hell of a match later." [b]Match 0: Vampiro's Pride vs. Vampiro's Hunger[/b] Pride goes for a punch, but Hunger blocks it, kicks Pride in the gut, and piledrives him into the mat. 1, 2, 3. It's all over. Rating: $5 I thank him for the $5, and head to the caffeteria. [b]Match 9: Vampiro Cassanova vs. Ron Ritchie[/b] Standard issue back-and-forth action in the beginning, with me holding a slight advantage. We both got one-counts within the first 5 minutes, him by reversing a bodyslam, me with a legsweep. He blocked a knife-edge chop, and then hit a series of wrist and hammerlocks, punctuated with a pair of dropkicks. I turned things back in my favor with an arm-twist, into a hammerlock, into a belly-to-back suplex. He hit a dropkick followed by a charging rollup for 2. A deft knee to the head came next. I wriggled out of an attempted leg-lock, got up, hit the ropes and hit a flying headscissors. I climbed up top and nailed him with a flying dropkick. 1... 2... Kickout. A series of strikes brought him back to the mat, and that time I went for a leg lock(Grapevine... whatever). I let go and applied my pattented Series-Of-Punches-To-The-Facelock. We got to our feet, and I went for a Forward-Russian Legsweep. He elbowed me in the face, spinning me partially around. A dropkick to the knee puts me down, and he locks on a Boston Crab. I crawled my way to the ropes, not sure how long it took, too long if you ask me. He bent me down for a piledrive, I pushed myself away. I went for the Nail In The Coffin, he threw me to the corner. He tried to charge in, but was stopped dead in his tracks by a spray of mist. I take advantage of my location and hit a Guillotine Legtop. 1... 2... 2 3/4th... Kickout! Now I was getting frustrated. He blocked a kick to the gut, and went for a small package. I slide out of it, winding up parallel to him. Foreward Russian Legsweep! 1... 2.. 2 9/10ths... Kickout! Mutha Puss Bucket! He went for the piledriver again, I forearmed him, knocking him over. I went for the Camel Clutch, he slipped out, grabbing my legs and going for the Boston Crab again. I kicked him away, and got to my feet. Boot to the Gut. Nail In the Coffin. 1... 2... 3. I get the win in 17 minutes. [b]Match Rating: B-[/b] Later in the show, Ron Ritchie cut a promo. He said I earned his respect. Good for me. Personally, I'd rather have his mike time than his respect. Anyway, Times have changed and times are strange. Here I come, but I ain’t the same. Mama, I’m coming home. Elsewhere in the world of wrestling: [u]Friday[/u] [color=red]NJPW[/color] [color=blue]Rusher Kimura and Shiro Koshinaka def Kantaro Hoshino and Kuniaki Kobayashi for theIWGP Tag TeamTitle[/color] [color=red]SCW[/color] [color=blue]Sailor White def. Chick Donovan for the Southwest Television Title[/color] [color=red]ASW[/color] [color=blue]Al Tomko def. Moondog Moretti for the Canadian Heavyweight Title[/color] (Much to my surprise, apparently, Frank Tunney is my friend and Angelo Mosca Jr hates me. I guess I should check my relationships more often.)

[u]Monday, Week 3 February 1984[/u] Well, this was new... After arriving back in Thunder Bay, sleeping in my own bed and seeing my Mom for the first time in almost two weeks, I arrived at the address the day's show was at. Usually, MLW ran in the various schools in the town. The address for this show was a pizza restaurant. "Family Brother's Pizza." Thankfully, a ring was being built in the middle of the parking lot, saving me some confusion. Apparently it was a dual-promotional deal, MLW would bring in people who would hopefully buy pizza, and people going to the restaurant to buy pizza would hopefully stick around for the show, then pay money to see another. Anyway, the most important part of this deal was: Wrestlers got free pizza. Hell yeah. On a more personal note, on the drive from Toronto, my arm started to hurt. Moreso than the rest of me after a match. After a few hours sleep, it still hurt(again, moreso than the rest of me). It was still functional, though. Yeah, I probably shoulda saw a doctor, or a trainer about it, but I decided to man it out. [i]If[/i] I saw a doctor, they'd either tell me I could wrestle, or not. If I could wrestle, I'd be in the same situation. If I couldn't, I wouldn't get paid. I just hoped I'd get put in a tag match, best-case scenario one of those big 8-Man deals. [b]Match 9: Vampiro Cassanova and Tom Jones vs. Mark Youngblood and Ron Ritchie[/b] Not what I had hoped for, but good enough. Jones dominates Youngblood with a barrage of arm wringers, armbars, hammerlocks and wristlocks. Youngblood tagged out, and Ritchie picked up right where he left off. After several more minutes of arm-based offense, Jones floored Ritchie with a charging forarm, grabbed Ritchie by the ankles, lifted his legs and planted a deft boot to his package. The referee didn't even flinch. How did I get disqualified for a little blood spitting, but this kind of thing slides? Anyway, Jones tagged me in. I went for a flying legdrop, missed, and Youngblood was back in. Things were more even between me and Youngblood, with me trading a European Uppercut, Knife Edge Chop and dropkick for a Headlock-Hiplock Takedown-Rear Chinlock combination. I hit the Yakuza Kick(finally), and applied a Surfboard stretch. He got to the ropes, got up and sent me to the ropes as he ran into the other ropes. He rolled foreward as he came back, I figured it would be a good idea to copy him at this point. He came out of the roll into a punch, which missed by about 6 feet. I sent him to the ropes and try for a backdrop, but as I lifted, he planted his hand on my shoulder and put his legs around my head. I pushed him off from his attempted rana, and he pulled me into a short-arm clothesline. He stepped onto the apron and slung himself over the top-rope into a splash. I avoided it, went to punch him, he rolled away. He charged and dove around me, hooking me for a schoolboy roll up. I dropped straight down, landing on his chest for a two count. I kicked him in the thigh, went to the ropes and hit a flying headscissors. I go for the Guillotine Legdrop again, and miss, again. Ritchie hit his slinghshot splash, then went back to the apron and tried for a springboard legdrop. That move stealing bastard. I rolled out of the way and tagged Jones back in. Jones hits a series of kicks on the downed Ritchie. Ritchie went to tag out, but Jones turned him around into a headbutt. After getting out of a swinging neckbreaker, Ritchie put Jones in a headlock, then sent him to the ropes and tagged out. Jones turned an attempted snapmare into an armbar into a bodyslam, but Ritchie jumped into it, knocking them both over. 18 minutes into the match, and Tom Jones kicked out after one! Things started going downhill for Jones. Ritchie hit a string of offense, every time Jones would counter or block an attack, Ritchie would reverse the counter attack. Most notably, Jones went for a running headbutt, his finisher, and was put into a headlock for his trouble. Ritchie locked on a Spinning Toe-Hold, but Jones wouldn't tap. He crawled to the ropes, and the ref broke the hold. Jones went to tag out, but Ritchie put him in a double-underhook. He didn't get to complete the move, as Jones pushed foreward, knocking Ritchie down. Jones then tagged me in. Ritchie dodged a kick to the thigh, I dodged a dropkick to the knee. I kicked him in the stomach and went for The Nail, he punched me and sent me to the ropes. I avoided a spinning elbow, turned around as he turned and hit a DDT. I went for the pin. 1... 2... Kickout! He sent me to the ropes, and dropkicked me in the knee. As I'm doubled over, grabbing my knee, he grabs me and hits a Leaping Piledriver. Ron Ritchie and Mark Youngblood get the win in 24 minutes. Dammit! [b]Match Rating: C+[/b] Elsewhere in the world of wrestling: (Taking a page from Captainlou, I'm going to start updating on the progress of several other wrestlers. those wrestlers are: Chris Benoit Chris Jerico Raven Dean Malenko Eddy Guererro La Parka Jyushin Lyger La Parka Masahiro Chono Mick Foley Perry Saturn Raven Sabu Steve Austin The Great Muta Ultimo Dragon) [u]Monday[/u] [color=red]MLW[/color] [color=blue]Brian Adias def Sabu to retain the CanadianTelevision Title[/color] [color=red]UWA[/color] [color=blue]Dr. Wagner Jr and La Parka def Atsushi Onita and Ken Martel[/color] [u]Tuesday[/u] [color=red]NJPW[/color] [color=blue]Black Tiger def Jushin Liger[/color] [color=red]PNW[/color] [color=blue]Dean Malenko def The Tonga Kid[/color] [color=blue]Scotty The Body def Billy Two Eagles to retain the PNW Television Title[/color] [color=red]CMLL[/color] [color=blue]Gran Apache and El Hijo Del Santo def El Matematico and Eddie Guererro[/color] [u]Wednesday, Week 3 1984[/u] Back in Saul Saint Marie, and thankfully, in another tag match. Once more against [b]Ron Ritchie[/b] but this time with [b]Sabu[/b] by his side. Wasn't [b]Sabu[/b] supposed to be [i]my[/i] partner? [b]Match 10: Vampiro Casanova and Akio Sato vs. Ron Ritchie and Sabu[/b] From the beginning, I reverse every other attack Sabu tries... The problem was he was reversing [i]every[/i] attack I tried. I tagged out after a couple minutes to Sato, and the differences between us were night and day. He brutalized Sabu with a number of submission holds and japanese takedowns. Sabu brought Ritchie in, and he got more of the same. Sato got behind Ritchie and grabbed him around the waist for a belly-to-back suplex. Sato threw Ritchie back with such speed and force, he didn't have time to protect himself. He landed flat on his head! The crowd was aghast, hell, so was I. Sato sauntered back to our corner, satisfied with his work and tagged me in. I went for a pin, but got only a two. I guess it didn't hurt as much as it looked. As he started to stand, I grabbed his arm and went for a Majistral Cradle, but again, only a two. I went for a Belly-to-Back Suplex, I tried to match Sato's, but my wrecklessness allowed Ritchie to escape and bring Sabu in. Sabu made a grand entrance with a flying dropkick. I fought out of a nerve-pinch hold, and dropped Sabu with a headbutt. After making sure Sabu was down, I went to the top and missed the Guillotine Legdrop AGAIN! I decided to stop trying that move for a while. Sabu put me in an armlock/wristbend, I fought out of it and jumped into a Rana, staying on him and trying to punch him in the face, sadly he did a good job blocking my fists. After we were on our feet again, he hit a dropkick, followed by a failed springboard legdrop. I lock on the Camel Clutch. Sabu struggles for a while, eventually reaching the ropes. At that point, I had An Idea. I threw Sabu to the corner, softened him up with some punches(2? No. 6? No. 12? Baker's Dozen!), then lifted him to the top rope. My intent was to hit a Super Nail In the Coffin, but Sabu wasn't feeling particularly cooperative. He threw me off the turnbuckle and turned around. As he did, I got up. Sabu flew off the top rope with a beautiful moonsault. Even more beautiful was how I caught him and immediately dropped him like a Nail in a Coffin. 1...2... Y'know, Now would be a good time to mention that management had seen fit to give Sabu a manager at the beginning of the week. A man named Buck Robley. Buck accompanied Sabu to the ring that day, and seeing that Sabu had no chance in hell of kicking out, grabbed the referee by his ankles and pulled him out of the ring. Needless to say, I was slightly angry. I shared a few words with Buck. Words I'm pretty sure I can't print. Sabu took this opportunity to tag out. Ritchie tried to apply an armwringer, but I twisted around and locked on a Tirabuzon.He escapes and throws me to the ropes, pulling a set of brass knuckles from his tights. I ducked under his punch, and hit the opposite ropes. LAAAARIATTOOO! But only for a 2. As soon as we're on our feet, I roll Ritchie into a small package. Another 2 count. I kicked him and went for the Nail, he kicked [i]me[/i] and hit a leaping piledriver. I kicked out, but barely. I started heading towards Sato, but Ritchie grabbed me by the shoulder. I turned, dropped him with a Foreward-Russian-Legsweep, and started crawling to the ropes. He grabbed my by the leg, pulling me back. I stood, and he threw me to the ropes, quickly tagging Sabu in. He blindsides me with a flying forearm and falls into a cover for a 3 count in 25 minutes. Personally, I hold Buck responsible. [b]Match Rating: B-[/b] Elsewhere in the world of wrestling... [u]Wednesday[/u] [color=red]CMLL[/color] [color=blue]Gran Apache, Octagon and Super Pinocho def Super Kendo, Eddie Guererro and Rayo Del Jalisco Jr[/color] [color=red]NJPW[/color] [color=blue]Osamu Kiddo and Yoshiaki Fujiwara def. Mitsuhara Misawa and Jyushin Lygre[/color] [color=red]Stampede[/color] [color=blue]Mark Singh def Chris Benoit[/color]

[u]Saturday, Week 3 February 1984[/u] Once I arrived in Montreal again, I heard some news of interest from one of the few decent english speakers around. Apparently, someone from Houston Championship Wrestling saw the last MLW show. This HCW representative was [i]so[/i] impressed by my tag team match... he decided to offer [b]Akio[/b] a contract. Good for him, I guess. [b]Match 11: Vampiro Cassanova vs. Pat Tanaka[/b] Remember my last match with Pat Tanaka? Same thing as last time, except twice as long, and generally less interesting. I get the victory with a Camel Clutch in 22 minutes. [b]Match Rating: C+[/b] Elsewhere in the world of wrestling: [u]Thursday[/u] [color=red]Stampede[/color] [color=blue]Chris Benoit and Genchiru Tenryu def Makhan Singh and Doug Furnas[/color] [color=red]UWA[/color] [color=blue]Atlantis, Atsuishi Onita and Ken Mantell def Dr. Wagner Jr, La Parka, and Jaun Rodruigez[/color] [u]Friday[/u] [color=red]NJPW[/color] [color=blue]The Assassin def Jushyn Lyger[/color] [color=red]Stampede[/color] [color=blue]Kerry Brown def Chris Benoit[/color] [color=red]UWA[/color] [color=blue]Scott Hall def La Parka[/color] [color=red]HCW[/color] [color=blue]Boris Zhukov def Jessie Bar for the HCW Championship Title[/color] [u]Saturday[/u] [color=red]PNW[/color] [color=blue]The Tonga Kid def Scotty The Body for the PNW Television Title[/color] [u]Sunday, Week 3 February 1984[/u] I was starting to notice a trend. After a tag match and few days of rest, my arm felt better. After a tag match where I stupidly spend most of the time in the ring, arm felt worse. After a few days of rest, arm felt better. After a 22 minute single match, no surprise, arm felt worse, and I had to wrestle two more days in a row. I had a feeling that having to work 3 straight days a week was gonna turn out bad for me somehow, and I guess I was right.I had another singles match for the TV taping, against [b]Ron Ritchie[/b]. So far, I'd beaten him in every singles match we'd had together, [b]but[/b] those matches weren't with a hurt arm, and I'm positive that him and those arm whips he was fond of were the cause of my minor arm injury. [b]Match 12: Vampiro Cassanova vs. Ron Ritchie[/b] Just like the last two times, Ritchie just couldn't maintain an edge over me, and he fell to an Implant DDT in 16 minutes. The studio crowd was surprisingly hot during this match. I saw a tape of it later, and the crowd really made the match seem better than it was. [b]Match Rating: B-[/b] I ended up hanging out with [b]Akio Sato[/b] during the rest of the show. We didn't talk much the day we tagged together, but it turns out, he was actually a pretty funny guy, and not just because of his accent and broken english. Elsewhere in the world of wrestling: [u]Sunday[/u] [color=red]MLW[/color] [color=blue]Akio Sato def Sabu[/color] [u]Monday, Week 4, February 1984[/u] I was in London again, and my arm was f***ing killing me. I decided to finally see a doctor, [i]after[/i] the show that night. [b]Match 13: Vampiro Cassanova vs. Ron Ritchie[/b] Again! After 12 minutes of wearing each other down, I had him on the ropes and I decided to try to make things a little more interesting. I threw him to the outside, hit the opposite ropes, and dove outside with a flying forearm. Nothing but guardrail!. I fought him off as he lifted me up, and DDTed him on the outside. One of the most beautiful sounds in the world is the sound of a crowd of people groaning in sympathetic agony. I picked him up, slapped him headfirst into the time-keeper table and rolled him back into the ring. I went for the Nail, but he fought me off. After I recover, caught me with a punch to the temple. That was the last thing I remember until a few hours later, when I was being driven 'home' by my friend and her husband. I asked what happened, and they told me Ritchie managed to slip a pair of brass knuckles on his hand for that punch. And not only did I actually kick out of his pin attempt immediately after, but managed to fight for 4 more minutes until he set me up on the top rope and Super-Bulldogged me for the pin at the 20 minute mark. [b]Match Rating[/b]: C+ There's a first time for everything, I guess. This was the first time [b]Ritchie[/b] actually got that old brass-knuckles-in-the-tights trick to work on me, and the first time he managed to beat me. Anyway, Tuesday I went to a doctor about my arm. He said I probably pulled my tricep, and it should heal itself up fairly quickly 'if I take it easy for a week or so'. Ha! Elsewhere in the world of wrestling: [u]Monday[/u] [color=red]MLW[/color] [color=blue]Sabu def Mark Youngblood[/color] [color=red]UWA[/color] [color=blue]Rubio, Audaz, Aguayo, and Satanico def La Parka, Onita, Rivera, and Vera [/color] [u]Tuesday[/u] [color=red]CMLL[/color] [color=blue]Black Cat and Octagon def El Perverso and El Dandy for the CMLL Tag Team Titles[/color] [color=blue]Eddie Guererro, Mandy Guererro and Villano III def Lizmark, Gran Apache and Atlantis[/color] [color=red]PNW[/color] [color=blue]Danny Spivey def Scotty The Body[/color] [color=blue]Dizzy Ed Hogan and Kenney Jay def Dean Malenko and Don Running Bear[/color]

[u]Wednesday, Week 4 February 1984[/u] Tuesday, after I got back from the doctor, my London roommates(who's names were Amber and Jacob, by the way) had a couple friends over, and we hung out, listened to music, and drank... a lot. The last thing I remember of that night is one of their friends asking "Hey, y'wanna play D 'n D?" then me asking "What's D n' D?", my intoxicated brain unable to comprehend the meaning. I awoke the next morning lying half on the ground, half propped up against their couch. I was holding an empty beer bottle in one hand and a sheet of paper in the other. I looked at the paper, it was filled with abbreviations and numbers like "+2" and "Dex" and "Cha". I wondered what the hell a "Saving Throw" was. I looked at the coffee table in front of me. There was a large sheet of grid paper covering most of it, with little metal figurines standing over it. Bizzarre dice were everywhere. I was suddenly filled with a sense of understanding. A wave of nausea rolled over me. I stood up, grabbed my gear bag, got in my car, and drove to Windsor as fast as I could, a sense of abject horror and loathing filling my psyche. They tricked me into playing Dungeons and Dragons! Anyway, I got to the show and found out who I'd be facing... probably the best technical wrestler on the roster, and my close personal friend [b]Akio Sato[/b]. This wasn't going to end well. [b]Match 14: Vampiro Cassanova vs. Akio Sato[/b] I opened things up with a series of kicks. I put him in a hammerlock. An elbow to the head later the shoe was on the other foot, and I honestly thought it'd stay there until the end of the match. He threw me to the corner, smashed me face first into the turnbuckle, and put me in a headlock. He went for an armdrag but I held my ground and turned it into an armwringer. I was almost too surprised I pulled that off to capitalize on it. I let go and dropkicked him. He rolled away from a legdrop, grabbed the dropped leg and drove his knee into the back of my thigh, and pulled. He turned me over, and I managed to kick myself away. The rest of the match was amazingly back-and-forth. I thought I honestly had a chance to win, until I went for the Camel Clutch. He pushed himself backwards, and tripped me at the same time. I twisted into a sitting position, trying to stand, but he grabbed me in a chinlock, then proceeded to put his free forearm on the side of my head, twisting it around quite painfully. As I struggled for the ropes, he let go and grabbed my arms, bending one of my wrists back and pushing it against my chest, then somehow using my other arm to add leverage to it. He then stood, pulling me up in the process, then jumped on my back, wrapping his legs around my waist and his arms around my neck. We fell foreward, then he rolled to his back. I struggled for a few seconds, then thought "**** it, I ain't getting out of this." and tapped out at 12 minutes. [b]Match Rating: C+ [/b] Elsewhere in the world of wrestling [u]Wednesday[/u][color=redCMLL][/color] [color=blue]Fantasmo and El Hijo Del Santo def Eddie Guererro and Black Magic[/color] [color=blue]Canek, Mil Mascaras and Cyclone Negro def El Satanico, Dr. Wagner and Hector Guerrerro for the CMLL World Trios Title[/color] [color=red]NJPW[/color] [color=blue]Isamu Teranishi def Jyushyn Ligure[/color] [color=red]Stampede[/color] [color=blue]Phil Lafleur def Chris Benoit[/color] [color=red]MLW[/color] [color=blue]Brian Adias def Sabu[/color] [u]Thursday[/u] [color=red]UWA[/color] [color=blue]La Parka and Juan Rodriguez def Scott Hall and Art Crews[/color] [color=red]SECW[/color] [color=blue]Rick Gibson def Gama Singh for the Alabama Heavyweight Title[/color] [color=red]ASW[/color] [color=blue]ASW Signs Mick Foley[/color] [u]Friday, Week 4 1984[/u] I had to be in Montreal a day early that week. IWA were doing a big show at the Montreal Forum. The Montreal Forum could hold 18,000 people. More than everyone I'd wrestled in front of put together. I was extremely nervous, until about 10 minutes before the show began. I peeked out from behind the curtain, and saw that the stadium wasn't even a quarter full. I wondered how IWA could even afford to run in this place. [b]Match 15: Vampiro Casanova vs. Chris Carter[/b] A highly one-sided affair. I brutalize Carter for about 10 minutes, when he turns things in his favor by repeatedly forearming me in the jaw while I had him in in armwringer. After dropping me with a short-arm clothesline, he threw me into the corner, specifically, the corner the ref was standing in. The ref was a little too slow and ended up being sandwitched between me and the turnbuckle. The referee dropped to the ground, I turned to check and see if the ref was conscious or not, while simultaneously preparing a surprise for Carter. He ran for me, I turned back to him and he caught a face full of blood. The ref still recooperating, I left the ring, and chased the timekeeper away from his chair. I brought the chair into the ring, and waited for Carter to stand. *whack!* Right to the back. Yeah, I had the match pretty much won. Yeah, I probably could've ended it by waiting for the ref to get up, then hitting the Nail for the pin, but dammit! I'm a heel! I had a reputation to uphold. Anyway, the sound of steel-on-spine roused the referee. I dropped the chair and kicked it out of the ring, then picked up Carter, hit him with the Nail in the Coffin for the pin at 15 minutes. [b]Match Rating: B-[/b] I felt much better after that match. I felt it made up for my two losses earlier in the week. The day got even better afterwards: I found out I wasn't booked for Saturday's TV show tapings, so I didn't have to show up. Elsewhere in the world of wrestling [u]Friday[/u] [color=red]NJPW[/color] [color=blue]Shinya Hashimoto def Jyushyin Ligyer[/color] [color=red]Stampede[/color] [color=blue]Steve Disavio def Chris Benoit[/color] [color=red]UWA[/color] [color=blue]Scott Hall and Atlantis def La Parka and Dr. Wagner Jr.[/color] [u]Saturday[/u] [color=red]PNW[/color] [color=blue]Kenny Jay def Scotty The Body[/color] [color=blue]Billy Two Eagles def The Tonga Kid for the PNW Television Title[/color]

[u]Sunday, Week 4 February 1984[/u] Now, I don't know how many people heard it, but a while ago, [b]Arn Anderson[/b] was on a radio show... Well, they call it a 'radio' show, it was on the internet. I don't know why all these internet shows call themselves 'radio' shows, they're not on the radio, but I digress. Anyway, in the interview the host mentioned me. I was like, the third person mentioned out of a list of 5 on a subject, and [b]Arn[/b] singled me out, and had some.. unkind words about me. The host asked where that came from, and [b]Arn[/b] said that way, way back when, I disrespected him. But he didn't go into any detail. Now, I'm gonna go into detail. The incident all that stemmed from happened before an MLW TV taping. I was in the ring long before the audience was let in, practicing a new move, well, I thought it was new, of course someone in Japan came up with it years earlier, but I hadn't seen it before. Anyway, the thing was I looked really stupid in the ring, and when you're doing something stupid looking, a crowd usually draws. Well, I guess in this case it classified as 'company' according to the old saying. Two people were watching me, [b]Akio[/b] and [b]Arn[/b]. One of them asked me what I was doing, and I told them, and [b]Arn[/b] said that I looked like a ****** ape in heat. So I stopped what I was doing, and I said to [b]Arn[/b] "Y'know what the difference between you and me is? You're wrestling for 1984. I'm wrestling for 19[i]94[/i]." He said "It [i]is[/i] 1984, dumbass." I said "You're not getting it. You look at someone like [b]Ric Flair[/b], or [b]Harley Race[/b], or [b]Jack Briscoe[/b], and you think 'That's it! That's the pinnacle of wrestling. That's what I gotta be like.' I look at those guys and I think 'Ok, that's been done. What can I do that hasn't? What can I do that people haven't seen before?" [b]Akio[/b] began chuckling heartily at this point. [b]Arn[/b] asked what the hell he was laughing at, and [b]Akio[/b] said that I reminded him of a famous Japanese character named Miyamoto Musashi, said to be the greatest swordsman that ever lived. [b]Akio[/b] told us about how Musashi had defeated his greatest rival, Ganryu, on a small island, and there was a crowd gathered around on the beach on the mainland. As Musashi was going back to the mainland, an onlooker said that Musashi must be extremely special, that he must've been born a great swordsman. One of Musashi's teachers heard the comment and said No, Musashi wasn't special, he was ordinary. The difference was that he knew he was ordinary, he accepted he was ordinary, and worked harder than anyone to make up for being ordinary. So I said "You're saying that I suck, but because I know I suck and I accept that I suck, I have the potential to become the greatest wrestler because I'm gonna work harder than, say, someone who can get a job just because they're related to someone famous?" [b]Arn[/b] said, "What in the hell is that supposed to mean? You tryin' to say I don't work hard?" I said "Yeah, you work hard, but if it wasn't for [b]Ole[/b], there's no way you'd have a job in Georgia. Someone like me, someone like [b]Sabu[/b], anyone but you would have to work a hell of a lot harder than you have to get where you've gotten without being family with a booker." [b]Arn[/b] raised his arms, and walked off saying "Whatever, I ain't gotta take this from a scrawny-ass frostback, and a chubby-ass chink!" I said "Hey! Who you callin' a chink?" [b]Akio[/b] said "Hey! Who you calling furostubacku.?" And then [b]Arn[/b] left. And that's how it started, unless there's another incident I can't remember. I ended up not being booked for that TV taping, and was dissappointed at not being able to show off my new-yet-not-new move. Elsewhere in the world of wrestling [u]Sunday[/u] [color=red]CMLL[/color] [color=blue]The Mighty Igor, Gran Apache and Super Pinocho def El Pervoso, Eddie Guererro and MS-1[/color] [u]Monday, Week 1 March 1984[/u] Back in Thunder Bay, I got my bank statement in the mail, and was in for a massive shock- I almost made a profit in my first month. If I'd have wrestled the previous day in MLW, or if I had been paid for my tryout match, I would've had $20 more than I started with. At the show, I was informed that from then to the forseeable future, I'd be paired up with [b]Buck Robley[/b], [b]Sabu's[/b] manager, who, if you'll recall, cost me a victory against him. Hopefully, he'd do for me what he did for [b]Sabu[/i]. [b]Match 16: Vampiro Cassanova vs. Jose Luis Rivera[/b] Standard issue back and forth in the beginning of the match, 7 minutes in Rivera cinched me up for a double-underhook suplex. As he lifted, I jumped up, bringing my legs around his head and swinging back, throwing him over. I went to climb the ropes, but he grabbed me and pulled me away, climbing the ropes himself and jumping off with a flying knee, which I was a little to slow to doge. He grabbed my by the hair as I lay on the mat, BUT WAIT! He dropped me! Good old Buck was standing on the apron, yelling at Rivera. I dropkicked Rivera in the back, knocking him out of the ring as Buck deftly got the hell out of the way. I then joined the party outside with a pescado. I slam him face-first into the guard rail. I grabbed him for a belly-to-back suplex, but he switched it around and ended up dropping me neck-first into the floor mats. Not fun, I assure you. He rolled me in and went for a pinfall. 1... 2... Kickout! He hit an inverted DDT and went for the pin again. One... Two.. Thr... Buck proved his worth once again by dragging the referee away. I shot Rivera to the ropes and hit him with a leg-lariat, followed by a small package. Only two. I hit the ropes and went for a Lariat, but he hit me first with a knife-edge chop. He tried to hook me for (I think) a small package, but was greeted by a crimson spray. That's such a handy trick. I locked him in a Tibuzon, and at length he got to the ropes. I threw him to the corner, but he reversed. I hit the turnbuckles and came out just as fast as I went in, slamming him with a Lariat for another two count. I grabbed him for the Nail, but he turned it into a short-arm clothesline. He then landed a flying sunset-flip, I kicked out at Two and 8/9ths. I knew I didn't have much left in me. On our feet, I went for a chop, he grabbed me and pulled me into a headlock, then dropped back and pulled me into a simple roll up, and got the win at 22 minutes. [b]Match Rating: B [/b] Well, [b]Buck[/b] helped, but not enough. Elsewhere in the world of wrestling: [color=red]UWA[/color] [color=blue]Gran Apache def Gran Hamada for the UWA World Middleweight Title[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[u]Wednesday, Week 1 March 1984[/u] [b]Match 17: Vampiro Cassanova vs. Dale Lewis[/b] I was nervous going into this match. I was up against a former Olympic athlete. Dale was considered much higher up on the MLW totem pole than me. I figured I'd get my head handed to me. At the 6 minute mark, after surprisingly holding my own, I had him on the mat. He sat up, and I kicked him in the back, then in the chest, then again in the back, and again, and again. 8 times I kicked him before he got up. The match had officialy shifted in my favor. After a few more minutes of trading minor attacks, he shot me to the ropes and I rocked him with a lariat. 1... 2... 3? I couldn't believe it. I won. I beat an Olympic athlete in only 13 minutes. Yeah, it was the 1960 Olympics, but that doesn't mean my victory was any less crescent fresh. [b]Match Rating: C [/b] Elsewhere in the world of wrestling: [u]Tuesday[/u] [color=red]WCCW[/color] [color=blue]The Missing Link def Iceman Parsons for the WCCW Television Title[/color] [color=red]CMLL[/color] [color=blue]El Gran Apollo and The Mighty Igor def Eddie Guererro and Kung Fu[/color] [color=red]PNW[/color] [color=blue]Kenny Jay, Billy Two Eagles and Don Running Bear def Juan Rodriguez and Joe and Dean Malenko[/color] [color=blue]Harley Davidson def Scotty the Body[/color] [u]Wednesday[/u] [color=red]MLW[/color] [blue]Boris Zhukov and Toru Tanaka def Ron Ritchie and Armand Rougeau for the Canadian Open Tag Team Titles[/blue] [color=blue]Tom Jones def Sabu[/color] [color=red]Stampede[/color] [color=blue]Tony Charles and Chris Benoit def Kerry Brown and Leatherface[/color] [u]Saturday, Week 1 March 1984[/u] [b]Match 18: Vampiro Cassanova vs. Tom Zenk[/b] My first squash match. At least the first one where I came out on top. I have to give Tom credit for lasting so long considering it took a half-dozen DDTs, 2 pile drivers, 4 lariats, and 2 Nails in the Coffin to get the pinfal in 22 minutes. [b]Match Rating: B- [/b] Elsewhere in the world of wrestling: [u]Thursday[/u] [color=red]UWA[/color] [color=blue]La Parka and Dr. Wagner Jr. def Art Barr and Felino[/color] [color=red]ASW[/color] [color=blue]Paul Roma def Mick Foley[/color] [u]Friday[u] [color=red]NJPW[/color] [color=blue]Shinya Hashimoto and Villano III def Jushin Liger and Koji Kanemoto[/color] [color=red]UWA[/color] [color=blueEl Audaz def Gran Apache for the UWA World Middleweight Title][/color] [color=red]HCW[/color] [color=blue]Magnum TA def Boris Zhukov for the HCW Championship Title[/color] [u]Saturday[/u] [color=red]PNW[/color] [color=blue]Kenny Jay def Scotty the Body[/color] [color=red]ASW[/color] [color=blue]Mick Foley def Paul Roma[/color] [u]Sunday, Week 1 March 1984[/u] At the Wednesday show, I was told to make sure I was at the TV studio early. Not much of an issue for me. Anyway, the reason was because TV Ontario wanted to tape station ID commercials with some of the MLW wrestlers and [b]Frank[/b] wanted me to be one of them. It was simple enough, look into the camera and read the script- "This is Vampiro Casanova, and you're watching TV Ontario. It's everywhere!" It only took me two takes to get it right.(Director: Um, that was good, but could you do it again, only this time, don't say "mother****er" at the end.) As for the TV taping, I had a re-match with [b]Jose Luis-Rivera.[/b] [b]Match 19: Vampiro Cassanova vs. Jose Luis-Rivera[/b] After early back-and-forth which sees me taking more than I give. Jose went for a series of pinfall attemtps- roll-ups and small packages, getting a series of two counts, then Buck did his job by distracting Jose, allowing me to recover. As Jose turned back to me, I kicked him in the stomach and hit a double-underhook suplex, followed by rapid series of greco-roman fists to the face. He regained his feet and went for another series of backslides and roll-ups. He went to the top, and jumped off, knee extended and aimed for my face but was met by a dropkick to the stomach. I picked him up and ran toward the ropes, preparing to unveil the 'new' move I [i]would[/i] have used the last week, had I been booked. As I neared the ropes, I essentially attempted to do a front-flip, with my legs hitting the top rope just after the apex of the flip, the bounce from the ropes reversing my flip, then jumping back as my feet hit with my elbow extended, meeting my opponents jaw with the momentum of my activity. I kicked him in the back when he was down for good measure, then climbed the ropes. My dropkick failed, miserably, again. He picked me up and threw me to the ropes. I collided with the referee. In the confusion, I DDTed Luis and as he was down, went outside to acquire a chair. *Thwak!* right to his dome, busting him wide open. I throw the chair out and go for a pin as the ref recovers. 1... 2... Kickout! I went for a piledriver, which he turned into a rollup for 2. He went for another rollup, which I reversed, pinning him for 2. I locked on an arm-wringer, turning into The Nail In The Coffin. 1... 2... KICKOUT! Luis reversed a throw to the coner, following through with a dropkick. He went again to the top rope, succeeding in hitting his flying knee. As he picked me up, I hit him with a few jabs, went to the ropes... LAAAARIATO! 1...2...3, in 26 minutes. [b]Match Rating: B- [/b] And with that, I have one more win than losses. (OOC: Y'know, I [i]would[/i] post a stat update like all the cool kids are doing, but my stats haven't really increased much, except my spirit(+8) and overness(15)

Archived