SFW: A Smark-Friendly Alternative!

For those who don't know me, I had a mildly-successful MAW dynasty thread a few months back. I got through about 18 in-game months in 2-3 real-life months before I flat burned myself out. That said, I figured this was worth putting together, since this is a fun CornellVerse game that I'm having a blast with three in-game months in. My roster post will come below, as will a recap of my most recent big event, SFW Spring Stampede.

I welcome all suggestions, questions, comments, and constructive criticisms. As is the case with most dynasty threads, the more interactive this is, the more fun it will be for everyone involved. I'll open up a prediction contest when I post the card for the weekly TV show (which will be later today).

---

MARCH 2016: WEEK #4

Buddy Garner sat in his office mulling over the future of his fairly-new company. It had only been a few months, but his new enterprise, Smark Friendly Wrestling, had established itself as a viable alternative to the main American promotions. Rather than a gimmicky production or a sports entertainment show disguised as a soap opera, SFW was a hard-hitting, no-nonsense product designed to fill a void on the American wrestling landscape.

Garner wasn’t crazy about the name. It came about on a conference call with would-be investors who noticed the target audience wasn’t “marks,” those in attendance at USPW and SWF shows, but “smarks,” smarter fans more concerned with workrate and the quality of the matches they were seeing on a constant basis. Needing the money to fund his endeavor, Garner swallowed his pride and agreed to the branding decision.

Garner had been considering retirement, but instead opted to try his hand at managing a promotion. The first few months saw a number of high points, and Garner even got in on the fun, capturing the SFW World Championship from Greg Black at SFW Spring Stampede, the promotion’s first major quarterly show.

From a front office perspective, the future seemed bright. SFW landed a television deal with Arcadia for a weekly show on Mondays during the late-evening hours (as well as their quarterly events), and the company pulled off a major coup in its first weeks of existence, signing Eddie Peak from Total Championship Wrestling. Rumors spread that Peak was to win the title at Spring Stampede, but in his first match with the company five days prior to the event, he broke his wrist, sidelining him from active competition for a few weeks. However, with his return on the horizon, a money match with Garner seems likely for SFW Summer Festival, which will take place in June.

With a talented roster of up-and-comers and established veterans, SFW seems poised for a long, productive run. The questions involved center around the company’s head of operations and current World Champion. Can Buddy Garner, one of the toughest men in the world, parlay his successes in professional wrestling and MMA into success in management?

We’re about to find out.

<p>I neglected to provide a look at the product settings in my original post. You can find them here: <a href="http://imgur.com/a/zT3w1" rel="external nofollow">http://imgur.com/a/zT3w1</a></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>SMARK FRIENDLY WRESTLING ROSTER</strong> (as of March 2016, Week #4)</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MAIN EVENTERS</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Faces: Eddie Peak, Clark Alexander, Frankie Perez</p><p>

Heels: Buddy Garner (SFW World Champion), Bryan Holmes, Super Ninja</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>UPPER MIDCARDERS</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Faces: Harry Allen, Greg Black, Art Reed</p><p>

Heels: Bulldozer Brandon Smith, Kirk Jameson</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MIDCARDERS</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Faces: Gino Montero (SFW Cruiserweight Champion), El Mitico Jr.</p><p>

Heels: Greg Gauge, Ernest Youngman, Storm Spillane, Silver Tiger</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>LOWER MIDCARDERS</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Faces: Acid II, Boo Smithson, Mr. Lucha III</p><p>

Heels: None</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>OPENERS</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Faces: None</p><p>

Heels: Mimic, Totoya Munakata</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ENHANCEMENT TALENT</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Faces: None</p><p>

Heels: Merle O'Curle</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>WOMEN'S DIVISION</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Faces: Sara Marie York (SFW Women's Champion), Suzanne Brazzle, Joanne Rodriguez, Fuyuko Higa, Aguila Azul Celeste</p><p>

Heels: Demelza Wade, Nadia Snow, Shiori Jippensha, Haley Buck (manager only; manages Storm Spillane and Merle O'Curle)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>STAFF MEMBERS</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Peter Michaels: Announcer</p><p>

Melanie Florence: Color Commentator</p><p>

Francis Long: Referee</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>DEVELOPMENTAL ROSTER</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Aldous Blackfriar</p><p>

Alina America</p><p>

Amazing Fire Fly</p><p>

Christopher Gerard</p><p>

Damian Dastardly</p><p>

Emma May</p><p>

George Wolfe</p><p>

Gram Gorman</p><p>

Jack Avatar</p><p>

Joffy Laine</p><p>

K.P. Avatar</p><p>

Kate Avatar</p><p>

Kip Keenan</p><p>

Logan Wolfsbaine</p><p>

Marcel LeFleur</p><p>

Mashashi Urogataya</p><p>

Masked Stranger</p><p>

Romi Yamato</p><p>

Syd Collier</p><p>

The Architect</p><p>

Xavi Ferrera</p><p>

Gesshin Nishihara (Trainer)</p><p>

Vin Tanner (Trainer)</p>

<p>Here, now, is a recap of SFW Spring Stampede, the company's first-ever quarterly event designed to blow off big storylines. I'm going to expound much more on recaps for future events; this is solely for exposition purposes and to explain how we got to this point.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">SFW Spring Stampede</span></strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> (March 2016, Week #3)</span></p><p>

<strong>Location:</strong> Virginia Park Fields</p><p>

<strong>Attendance:</strong> 10,000 (SELL-OUT)</p><p>

<strong>TV Rating:</strong> 2.66</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

PRE-SHOW REPORT: <strong>Storm Spillane</strong> defeated <strong>Boo Smithson</strong> in a fun opener (64), while <strong>Nadia Snow</strong> defeated <strong>Aguila Azul Celeste</strong>, <strong>Fuyuko Higa</strong>, <strong>Joanne Rodriguez</strong>, and <strong>Shiori Jippensha</strong> to earn a shot at the SFW Women's Championship (55).</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #1:</strong> Tigre Salvaje, Jr., and Silver Tiger vs. Acid II and El Mitico, Jr.</p><p> </p><p>

I figured it'd be nice to start off the big show with a high-flying tag match centered around young talent. Ultimately, the bad guys won cleanly. MATCH RATING: 59.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

SFW World Champion <strong>Greg Black</strong> showed up at the arena, flanked by <strong>Eddie Peak</strong>, who focused on talking the champ up ahead of his main event match with <strong>Buddy Garner</strong>. SEGMENT RATING: 90.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #2</strong> (SFW Cruiserweight title): Greg Gauge © vs. Gino Montero</p><p> </p><p>

I gave this match plenty of time, as these are two young talents I could potentially build around going forward. However, I see Montero as an out-and-out star in the making, and as such, he prevailed to capture the title. MATCH RATING: 69.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

SFW Women's Champion <strong>Sara Marie York</strong> was encouraged by close friend and tag team partner <strong>Suzanne Brazzle</strong> ahead of her title defense against <strong>Demelza Wade</strong> later on in the show. SEGMENT RATING: 64.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #3:</strong> Bryan Holmes vs. Mr. Lucha III</p><p> </p><p>

In addition to being our main road agent, Holmes doubles as one of the best technical workers on the roster. He's a strong, savvy veteran who can get good-to-great matches out of pretty much anyone. Here, Mr. Lucha was game, but Holmes ultimately scored the win. MATCH RATING: 69.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

Brash youngster <strong>Ernest Youngman</strong> marched around backstage, demanding to know why he wasn't on the card. He ran into <strong>Clark Alexander</strong>, who was offended by Youngman's antics and challenged him to a match. SEGMENT RATING: 56.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #4:</strong> Clark Alexander vs. Ernest Youngman</p><p> </p><p>

Alexander is plenty over, but he's getting up there in age. While his popularity and in-ring skills still make him a valuable member of the roster, Youngman figures to be a building block going forward. As such, the young upstart scored a somewhat-surprising victory. MATCH RATING: 56.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #5:</strong> Art Reed vs. Bulldozer Brandon Smith</p><p> </p><p>

Two veterans I wanted badly had been locked in a bitter feud for the past few months. Smith had been portraying a bully character to great success, with several squash matches of local talent leading into this match. However, Reed proved to be a much bigger challenge, and he emerged victorious. MATCH RATING: 64.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

A hype video aired, explaining the months-long feud between <strong>Frankie Perez</strong> and <strong>Kirk Jameson</strong>. Jameson wants Perez's spot, and is using a match tonight to make the wrestling world take notice of how good he is. SEGMENT RATING: 53.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #6:</strong> Frankie Perez vs. Kirk Jameson</p><p> </p><p>

Some considered this to be the match of the night. Perez has been on fire since joining SFW (the highlight of his tenure so far was a 78-rated match with Bryan Holmes on the first TV show), and Jameson showed a ton of potential. Ultimately, Perez scored the pinfall with a surprise inside cradle. MATCH RATING: 74.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #7:</strong> Harry Allen vs. Super Ninja</p><p> </p><p>

Harry Allen was a major signing for SFW just a few weeks before Spring Stampede, and Super Ninja didn't take kindly to his arrival. He and Silver Tiger teamed up to spoil a one-night reunion of The Young Guns just before the event, and on this night, Ninja came out on top once again. MATCH RATING: 65.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Sara Marie York</strong> and <strong>Demelza Wade</strong> cut dueling promos from their dressing rooms prior to their title match. SEGMENT RATING: 73.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #8</strong> (SFW Women's Championship): Sara Marie York © vs. Demelza Wade</p><p> </p><p>

Suzanne Brazzle and Nadia Snow each interfered at various points in this match before being barred from ringside. Once the dust settled following a chaotic affair, York retained her title, continuing an undefeated streak in SFW. MATCH RATING: 65.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Buddy Garner</strong> confronted <strong>Greg Black</strong> and <strong>Eddie Peak</strong> backstage just before the match, and Peak had to come between the two to avoid a backstage brawl breaking out. SEGMENT RATING: 76.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MATCH #9</strong> (SFW World Championship): Greg Black © vs. Buddy Garner</p><p> </p><p>

Black won the title on SFW's first show, defeating Garner and Holmes in a triple threat match. Garner insisted Black could never beat him in a one-on-one match, and on this night, he couldn't. However, Garner couldn't win the title without an assist from brass knuckles conveniently hidden in his trunks. MATCH RATING: 70.</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

Show rating: 73.</p>

First of all, we've got several incidents to report prior to the March 2016, Week #4 edition of SFW Mayhem! Check out all three here: http://imgur.com/a/lY0Pt

If you'd like to know how I handled the first incident, I've written it in white text here: I fined Fuyuko Higa. Her behavior improved, and both Higa and Jippensha came away happy with how everything was handled. Bullet dodged!

Now, on to the card! Make your predictions, and I'll post the card tonight (heading to Raw in LA, so it'll likely be online after that, at the earliest). Faces are usually written first in the matches unless there's a title on the line, so don't read anything into the order I've put people in.

---

SFW Mayhem!: March 2016, Week #4

Pre-show: Joanne Rodriguez vs. Fuyuko Higa

Pre-show: Art Reed vs. Silver Tiger

SFW Cruiserweight Championship: Gino Montero © vs. Merle O'Curle (w/Haley Buck)

Fresh off of his victory at Spring Stampede, new Cruiserweight champion Gino Montero will put his title on the line to open SFW Mayhem!

El Mitico, Jr., vs. Ernest Youngman

Ernest Youngman earned a victory over Clark Alexander at Spring Stampede, but the going doesn't get easier Monday night. El Mitico, Jr., is one of the top young wrestlers in the sport!

Harry Allen vs. Storm Spillane (w/Haley Buck)

Harry Allen will look to rebound from a loss at Spring Stampede. Standing in his way is Storm Spillane, one of SFW's young guns who is looking to make an impact alongside devious manager Haley Buck!

Clark Alexander vs. Greg Gauge

Beloved veteran Clark Alexander will take on second-generation sensation (and former SFW Cruiserweight Champion) Greg Gauge! Who will prevail in a battle between wrestling's present and wrestling's future?

Frankie Perez vs. Tigre Salvaje, Jr.

Show-stealer Frankie Perez will look to capitalize on his newfound momentum here! One of SFW's top in-ring performers meets Mexican star Tigre Salvaje, Jr., in what should be a technical showdown for the ages!

Sara Marie York and Suzanne Brazzle vs. Demelza Wade and Nadia Snow

SFW Women's Champion Sara Marie York defended her title at Spring Stampede, but the wars of the women's division may only be beginning! She teams up with Suzanne Brazzle, and waiting for them are Spring Stampede challenger Demelza Wade and Nadia Snow, who earned a future title shot with a win in a multi-way match on that event's pre-show!

MAIN EVENT

SFW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP: Buddy Garner © vs. Greg Black

After his controversial defeat at Spring Stampede, former SFW World Champion Greg Black is exercising his right to a rematch with new title-holder Buddy Garner! Can the former champion turn the tables, or will his bid to become SFW's first-ever two-time champion be repelled by one of the toughest men in professional wrestling?

PLUS: Other special appearances by SFW's top stars!

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">SFW Mayhem!: March 2016, Week #4</span></strong></p><p> <strong>Location:</strong> Gorski Ballroom</p><p> <strong>Attendance:</strong> 5,000 (SELL OUT)</p><p> <strong>TV Rating:</strong> 2.62</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>PRE-SHOW #1:</strong> Joanne Rodriguez vs. Fuyuko Hija</p><p> </p><p> Despite Hija’s visible scrapes from a pre-show scrap with a fellow wrestler, as well as Rodriguez suffering a Distracted Thigh Muscle, the two put on an entertaining match as the fans found their seats. Rodriguez ultimately prevailed by pinfall in 7:56 following a J-Rocker. MATCH RATING: 61</p><p> </p><p> <strong>PRE-SHOW #2:</strong> Art Reed vs. Silver Tiger</p><p> </p><p> Reed’s presence on the pre-show may have shocked some, but it didn’t lead to any morale problems on his end. The veteran and Silver Tiger put on an exceptional match, one that ended at 9:32 when Tiger tapped out to the Dread Lock. MATCH RATING: 75.</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>PM: “Hello, everyone, and welcome to SFW Mayhem! We’re two nights removed from SFW Spring Stampede, and the wrestling world is buzzing over the controversy surrounding the SFW World Championship. I’m <strong>Peter Michaels</strong>, alongside <strong>Melanie Florence</strong>, and tonight, we’ll bring you the rematch live!”<p> </p><p> MF: “But first, we’ve got a match for the Cruiserweight Championship, which <strong>Gino Montero</strong> won two nights ago!”</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #1 (SFW Cruiserweight Championship):</strong> Gino Montero © vs. Merle O’Curle (w/Haley Buck)</p><p> </p><p> As you may expect, Gino Montero had the crowd on his side following his title win two nights earlier. He and O’Curle warmed the crowd up with a technical display, albeit a one-sided one in favor of the champion. Montero ended the match at 7:31 with a Montero Press.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNER:</strong> Gino Montero, pinfall</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 61</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>PM: “A very impressive performance from <strong>Gino Montero</strong>, and he’s retained his Cruiserweight title…hey, wait a minute!”<p> </p><p> MF: “That’s <strong>Super Ninja</strong> and <strong>Silver Tiger</strong>, and they’re bum-rushing the ring!”</p><p> </p><p> Ninja and Tiger surround Montero and charge, knocking him down to the mat as the crowd boos the antics of the two villains. The two masked wrestlers stomp away as Montero writhes in pain before Tiger stands him up…only for Ninja to hit a Ninja Strike that knocks him back down!</p><p> </p><p> PM: “What did Gino do to deserve this? And furthermore, what do we make of this strange, newfound alliance between Super Ninja and Silver Tiger?”</p><p> </p><p> MF: “When you have the gold, you also have a bullseye on your back. Gino Montero learned that the hard way, and he may be best served getting some backup before next week!”</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 71</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #2:</strong> El Mitico, Jr., vs. Ernest Youngman</p><p> </p><p> Ernest Youngman came into this match with a ton of momentum, having knocked off Clark Alexander at Spring Stampede. El Mitico, Jr., though, was far from impressed, and he threw everything at his foe over the course of this hard-hitting match. However, Youngman ultimately kept his hot streak going, prevailing at 8:19 after The Hit.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNER:</strong> Ernest Youngman, pinfall</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 73</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Backstage, a smirking <strong>Ernest Youngman</strong> walks back from his match and stops, turning his head off-camera.<p> </p><p> EY: “Did you SEE that? Did you SEE what I did to <strong>El Mitico, Jr.</strong>?”</p><p> </p><p> The camera pans over, revealing <strong>Harry Allen</strong>, who rolls his eyes underneath his cowboy hat.</p><p> </p><p> HA: “If you were half as good as you say you are, you’d already be in the Hall of Immortals. You talk a big game, but sometimes you need to let your work do your talking.”</p><p> </p><p> EY: “Who are you to tell me how to act? You’re a washed-up has-been, and you came here for a payday. You want to shut me up? You need to do a hell of a lot more than you have been…old man.”</p><p> </p><p> Allen goes chest-to-chest with Youngman, whose smirk doesn’t waver.</p><p> </p><p> HA: “I can’t wait to wipe that grin off your face. But right now, I’ve got a match. Watch and learn.”</p><p> </p><p> Allen walks off, and Youngman restrains himself from charging after him.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 68</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #3:</strong> Harry Allen vs. Storm Spillane (w/Haley Buck)</p><p> </p><p> The cowboy had the support of the fans despite his recent loss to Super Ninja, and the veteran soaked it in during what turned out to be a battle with young upstart Storm Spillane. Despite the ringside antics of Haley Buck, who made every effort to make Allen’s night miserable, the fan favorite earned a victory at 7:59 with a Flying Fist Drop.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNER:</strong> Harry Allen, pinfall</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 61</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #4:</strong> Clark Alexander vs. Greg Gauge</p><p> </p><p> Former cruiserweight champion Greg Gauge took the fight to Clark Alexander early, showing an aggression and an edge that belied his relative youth. Alexander, though, found a way to hang on and fight back. In fact, he was on the verge of a victory at 12:15, when…</p><p> </p><p> <em>PM: “Hey! That’s </em><em><strong>Kirk Jameson</strong></em><em>! He has no right to be here!”</em></p><p> </p><p> Jameson rushes to the ring and vaults himself into Alexander, hammering away with forearms as the official calls for the bell. Gauge gets in a few swift kicks to the veteran before leaving, and Jameson follows shortly behind him, stopping at the top of the entrance ramp.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNER:</strong> Clark Alexander, DQ</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 61</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Kirk Jameson</strong> pulls out a microphone and waits for some of the boos in the arena to subside.<p> </p><p> KJ: “Listen to me, <strong>Clark</strong>, and listen to me good. I don’t hate you. I don’t even DISLIKE you. What I hate is what you’re doing to all of the young guys in the back right now.</p><p> </p><p> “You came in as the cagey veteran, and immediately you got treated a certain way. You had things HANDED to you by the guys in charge and the desperate guys in the back. The truth is, you’re taking the spot of a young guy who, to be frank, is BETTER than you.</p><p> </p><p> “I did what a lot of guys wanted to do just now. And I can’t wait to do it when it counts. Your time, Clark Alexander…is up.”</p><p> </p><p> Jameson spikes the microphone down and exits with Gauge as Alexander shakes his head in the ring.</p><p> </p><p> PM: “Some strong words by Kirk Jameson.”</p><p> </p><p> MF: “I can’t say I agree with him, but Kirk Jameson is certainly motivated. He’s a younger guy with a ton of potential, and he’s picked out one of the top targets in SFW!”</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 60</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #5:</strong> Frankie Perez vs. Tigre Salvaje, Jr.</p><p> </p><p> Perez has had some of the top matches in SFW’s young history to this point, and appropriately enough, he and Tigre Salvaje, Jr., put on a wrestling clinic here. The two traded eye-catching maneuvers, reminding some of their clashes in CZCW years earlier. Ultimately, Perez’s strong run continued, as he made Salvaje tap out to the P-Clutch at 16:52.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNER:</strong> Frankie Perez, submission</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 74</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The cameras follow <strong>Frankie Perez</strong> backstage as he smiles and bounces through the curtain. However, he stops dead in his tracks, and his demeanor suddenly changes.<p> </p><p> FP: “What are YOU looking at?”</p><p> </p><p> The camera pans over, and we see <strong>Bryan Holmes</strong>, standing with his arms folded.</p><p> </p><p> BH: “You’re awfully impressed with yourself.”</p><p> </p><p> FP: “It’s not being cocky if you can back it up.”</p><p> </p><p> BH: “Maybe against some guys.”</p><p> </p><p> Holmes takes a step closer, and his nostrils flare.</p><p> </p><p> BH: “But not me.”</p><p> </p><p> Holmes lets out a throaty chuckle, and he walks off, leaving Perez behind to shake his head.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 58</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #6:</strong> Sara Marie York and Suzanne Brazzle vs. Demelza Wade and Nadia Snow</p><p> </p><p> York defeated Wade to retain her SFW Women’s title at Spring Stampede, and she and Brazzle came in on fire. Snow, though, more than held her own, showing the form that got her a future title shot. York battled back for the upper hand, but Snow rolled through a sunset flip near the ropes…</p><p> </p><p> <em>PM: “HEY! Nadia’s got both feet on the ropes!”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> 1</em></p><p><em> …</em></p><p><em> …</em></p><p><em> 2</em></p><p><em> …</em></p><p><em> …</em></p><p><em> 3</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> PM: “Unbelievable. Nadia Snow used the ropes, and she’s pinned the SFW Women’s Champion.”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> MF: “Nadia did what her best friend couldn’t do two nights ago! By hook or by crook, she’s stolen one, and she’s put the champ on notice!”</em></p><p> </p><p> WINNERS: Wade/Snow, pinfall</p><p> MATCH RATING: 69</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #7 (SFW World Championship):</strong> Buddy Garner © vs. Greg Black</p><p> </p><p> Garner and Black got plenty of time, and what resulted was the match of the night. A hungry Black was determined to regain the title, and he controlled large portions of the battle with Garner. In fact, it appeared as though he would become SFW’s first two-time World Champion 20 minutes in. However…</p><p> </p><p> <em>PM: “Criss-cross by the two wrestlers…and the official’s gone down! Greg Black inadvertently steamrolled the referee, and now we’ve got the potential for total chaos.”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> MF: “And don’t look now, but we’ve got company coming down the aisle.”</em></p><p> </p><p> The crowd booed as <strong>Bulldozer Brandon Smith</strong> jogged to the ring. He grabbed Garner’s title belt, slid into the ring, and whacked Black over the head with it!</p><p> </p><p> <em>PM: “GIVE ME A BREAK!”</em></p><p> </p><p> Garner applied the Garner Tendon Hold as Smith woke the referee on his way out. Trapped in the middle of the ring, Black had no choice but to tap out.</p><p> </p><p> <em>PM: “Buddy Garner retains his title, but again, controversy reigns in the main event!”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNER:</strong> Buddy Garner, submission</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 78</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>After the match, <strong>Buddy Garner</strong> celebrates with his title belt while <strong>Bulldozer Brandon Smith</strong> gets in several shots on the fallen <strong>Greg Black</strong>. Garner joins in, but the crowd roars as a familiar face comes charging to the ring!<p> </p><p> PM: “That’s <strong>Eddie Peak</strong>! He’s still nursing a broken wrist, but it looks like he’s here to fight!”</p><p> </p><p> Peak comes in throwing hands, but he can only land a few glancing blows before Garner and Smith hightail it back up the ramp. Peak tends to his fallen friend before staring back up at Garner, who raises the SFW World Championship high above his head.</p><p> </p><p> PM: “Buddy Garner narrowly escapes Eddie Peak, but how much longer can he dodge one of the biggest stars in our sport?”</p><p> </p><p> MF: “It’s only a few weeks until Peak can resume active competition, and if that glare is any indication, he’s got Buddy Garner and the SFW World Championship in his sights.”</p><p> </p><p> PM: “That’s all for this week! For Melanie Florence, I’m Peter Michaels. Have a great night, everyone!”</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 80</p><p> <strong>SHOW RATING:</strong> 76</p>

RUMOR: Three Talents to Debut at SFW Mayhem!

We've received word from credible sources that three new talents will make their Smark Friendly Wrestling debuts at Monday's edition of SFW Mayhem! SFW owner Buddy Garner has reportedly been very active in signing talent, and more acquisitions are likely coming in the next few weeks.

Two of the identities in question are being kept under wraps, but we can confirm that one of the wrestlers involved is Lauren Easter, one of the top female talents in Canada's NOTBPW promotion. It's rumored that she will make her debut in a pre-show match Monday night.

The full card for SFW Mayhem! will be announced later today. The company has announced Garner will defend his SFW World Championship against Art Reed, and that SFW Women's Champion Sara Marie York and SFW Cruiserweight Champion Gino Montero will be in attendance.

<p>Latest Mayhem! card is below. I've simplified it to make giving predictions a bit easier; copy-paste in a new post and bold whoever you think will win. I'll put forth standings after the card is written up.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">SFW Mayhem!: April 2016, Week #1</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

PRE-SHOW #1: El Mitico, Jr., vs. Mimic</p><p>

PRE-SHOW #2: Suzanne Brazzle vs. Lauren Easter</p><p>

PRE-SHOW #3: Clark Alexander vs. Storm Spillane</p><p> </p><p>

Boo Smithson vs. Greg Gauge</p><p> </p><p>

Greg Black vs. Merle O'Curle</p><p> </p><p>

Gino Montero/??? vs. Super Ninja/Silver Tiger</p><p>

BONUS POINT: Who is the mystery partner?</p><p> </p><p>

Acid II vs. Bulldozer Brandon Smith</p><p> </p><p>

Joanne Rodriguez vs. Nadia Snow</p><p> </p><p>

Harry Allen vs. Bryan Holmes</p><p> </p><p>

SFW World Championship</p><p>

Buddy Garner © vs. Art Reed</p><p> </p><p>

PLUS: Eddie Peak will address Buddy Garner!</p>

PRE-SHOW #1: El Mitico, Jr., vs. Mimic

PRE-SHOW #2: Suzanne Brazzle vs. Lauren Easter

PRE-SHOW #3: Clark Alexander vs. Storm Spillane

Boo Smithson vs. Greg Gauge

Greg Black vs. Merle O'Curle

Gino Montero/??? vs. Super Ninja/Silver Tiger

BONUS POINT: Who is the mystery partner? Mr. Lucha III

Acid II vs. Bulldozer Brandon Smith

Joanne Rodriguez vs. Nadia Snow

Harry Allen vs. Bryan Holmes

SFW World Championship

Buddy Garner © vs. Art Reed

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>SFW Mayhem!:</strong></span><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> April 2016, Week #1</span></p><p> <strong>Location:</strong> McGaw Arena</p><p> <strong>Attendance:</strong> 5,000 (SELL-OUT)</p><p> <strong>TV Rating:</strong> 2.61</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>PRE-SHOW #1:</strong> El Mitico, Jr., vs. Mimic</p><p> </p><p> The night started with two young cruiserweights looking to pump up the crowd. They did just that, working a solid, fast-paced match that entertained early-arriving fans. Ultimately, Mitico prevailed in 8:19 following a bridged German suplex. MATCH RATING: 64</p><p> </p><p> <strong>PRE-SHOW #2:</strong> Suzanne Brazzle vs. Lauren Easter</p><p> </p><p> Lauren Easter made her SFW debut and had her moments against the established Brazzle. Her Legitimate Athlete gimmick turned heads, but Brazzle rallied to the delight of the crowd, earning a pinfall at 7:34 with a Miracle Connection. MATCH RATING: 62</p><p> </p><p> <strong>PRE-SHOW #3:</strong> Clark Alexander vs. Storm Spillane (w/Haley Buck)</p><p> </p><p> Clark Alexander faced off with a relative newcomer to the business in the final dark match of the night. Spillane impressed at various points, but ultimately, the crowd continued to be satisfied, as Alexander pinned his foe at 7:40 following a Hawaiian Breaker. MATCH RATING: 60</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>PM: “Welcome to <em>SFW Mayhem!</em> Alongside <strong>Melanie Florence</strong>, I’m <strong>Peter Michaels</strong>, and we’ve got an awesome show coming up for you tonight!”<p> </p><p> MF: “SFW World Champion <strong>Buddy Garner</strong> will put his title on the line against <strong>Art Reed</strong> in our main event, and we’ll also see some of our top stars in action. But right now, <strong>Eddie Peak</strong> is making his way to the ring, and we’re told he has a message for Buddy Garner!”</p><p> </p><p> Peak climbs into the ring, still wearing a cast on his recovering wrist. The crowd chants “ED-DIE! ED-DIE!,” and Peak nods while a sly smile emerges on his face.</p><p> </p><p> EP: “That means a lot to me, and you need to know that. I came here because I knew SFW was the place to be. I came here to test my skills against some of the best in the world, and I’m happy to tell you that in two weeks, I’ll be back in action in this very ring.”</p><p> </p><p> More cheers.</p><p> </p><p> EP: “But that’s not why I’m out here tonight. For a few weeks, Buddy Garner has carried that belt around his waist like a slimeball. He claims to be the best wrestler in the world. He’s good. But he’s not as good as me…ESPECIALLY when I’m as angry as I am right now.</p><p> </p><p> “Buddy, I know you’re watching backstage in your private office, the one you built because you can’t stand to be around the boys. So let me make this clear: At Summer Festival, you and I are going to fight. If you’ve still got your title, bring it. Bring all of your skills, all of your antics, and all of yourself. We’ll see just how good you are.</p><p> </p><p> “And oh, by the way? This match we’re having? Three words: Last. Man. Standing.”</p><p> </p><p> PM: “WHOA!!!”</p><p> </p><p> Peak slams the microphone down and storms back up the ramp, stopping at the top to pose once more for the adoring crowd.</p><p> </p><p> PM: “What a bombshell announcement this is! Eddie Peak and Buddy Garner will battle it out at SFW Summer Festival, and not just in any ordinary match, but a Last Man Standing match!”</p><p> </p><p> MF: “These are two of the toughest men in professional wrestling, and that match is going to be must-see-TV!”</p></div></blockquote> <p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 85</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #1:</strong> Boo Smithson vs. Greg Gauge</p><p> </p><p> Greg Gauge, regarded as one of the top young technical wrestlers in the world, took on Boo Smithson in the opening bout. While the two technicians didn’t really click, the match was still watchable, and it ended with a submission, as Smithson tapped to the Proton Lock at 8:22.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNER:</strong> Greg Gauge, submission</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 54</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Backstage, <strong>Kirk Jameson</strong> and <strong>Ernest Youngman</strong> are waiting for <strong>Greg Gauge</strong>, and they smile at him as he walks through the curtain.<p> </p><p> KJ: “Gauge! Let’s talk.”</p><p> </p><p> Greg stops and eyes the duo eagerly.</p><p> </p><p> EY: “Kirk here and I have decided to team up. We realize that the old codgers here in SFW aren’t going to get out of our way on their own, so we’re going to MAKE them do it. You’ve got a ton of talent, and you’d fit right in with us. What do you say?”</p><p> </p><p> Gauge smiles and nods.</p><p> </p><p> KJ: “That’s a smart decision. Ernest and I are tag-teaming next week, and that’ll serve as a warning to <strong>Harry Allen</strong> and <strong>Clark Alexander</strong>. Got any ideas?”</p><p> </p><p> Greg smiles, eager to impress his new friends.</p><p> </p><p> GG: “Let’s just say I’ll go out there, and whoever wants to show up can try to take me on.”</p><p> </p><p> All three young guns nod in unison, and they walk off together.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 55</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #2:</strong> Greg Black vs. Merle O'Curle (w/Haley Buck)</p><p> </p><p> Black was robbed twice of chances at the SFW World Championship, and he came out with a chip on his shoulder. O’Curle’s technical prowess was displayed in spots, but Black controlled most of the match and ended it with a Fade to Black at 7:55.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNER:</strong> Greg Black, pinfall</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 61</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Super Ninja</strong> and <strong>Silver Tiger</strong> make their way to the ring to boos and catcalls from the capacity crowd. SFW Cruiserweight Champion <strong>Gino Montero</strong> comes out next, microphone in hand.<p> </p><p> GM: “Ninja? Tiger? You guys like the numbers game. You enjoy being able to beat me down with nobody having my back. That changes starting tonight.</p><p> </p><p> “Ladies and gentlemen, my tag team partner…<strong>SNAP DRAGON</strong>!!!”</p><p> </p><p> PM: “Snap Dragon?! What a surprise!”</p><p> </p><p> MF: “I thought he was in Mexico working for South of the Border Pro Wrestling!”</p><p> </p><p> PM: “Whatever the case, he’s here in the States now, and it looks like the going got even tougher in the cruiserweight division!”</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 62</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #3:</strong> Gino Montero/Snap Dragon vs. Super Ninja/Silver Tiger</p><p> </p><p> Ninja and Tiger were reeling from the surprise announcement, and Montero and Dragon controlled large portions of the match. The villains regained command midway through by isolating Montero across the ring and laying into him, but Montero DID make his way over for a hot tag, and Dragon ended the match by pinning Tiger with a surprise inside cradle. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNERS:</strong> Montero/Dragon, pinfall</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 62</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Gino Montero</strong> and <strong>Snap Dragon</strong> have their hands raised after the match, but <strong>Super Ninja</strong> and <strong>Silver Tiger</strong> aren’t done. They knock both men to the ground and continue laying into them with stomps and kicks as the crowd’s cheers turn to jeers.<p> </p><p> PM: “Give me a break! Montero and Dragon won fair and square, and now Gino’s in the same spot he was in last week!”</p><p> </p><p> MF: “Wait a minute, we’ve got someone coming through the crowd!”</p><p> </p><p> Suddenly, a Hispanic man in a white t-shirt and blue jeans hops the railing and runs into the ring, chasing Ninja and Tiger off. After a moment, Gino comes to his senses, and his jaw drops.</p><p> </p><p> PM: “Hey, that’s…that’s <strong>Luis Montero, Jr.</strong>! That’s Gino’s brother! And he’s here in an SFW ring!”</p><p> </p><p> MF: “Gino came into the night with no backup, and now he’s got both Snap Dragon and Luis Montero, Jr.!”</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 62</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #4:</strong> Acid II vs. Bulldozer Brandon Smith</p><p> </p><p> After the events of last week’s main event, Smith fed off the crowd’s negative energy. Acid II tried to fly around the ring, but Smith ultimately caught him with a Backdrop Driver for the pin at 5:44.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNER:</strong> Bulldozer Brandon Smith, pinfall</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 54</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Bulldozer Brandon Smith</strong> wears a cocky sneer as his hand gets raised…and he promptly picks <strong>Acid II</strong> up again and delivers another Backdrop Driver!<p> </p><p> PM: “Enough is enough! Brandon Smith’s already won the match, and somehow, that isn’t enough!”</p><p> </p><p> MF: “This guy is just a bully, plainly and simply, and someone needs to stand up to him.”</p><p> </p><p> At that moment, <strong>Greg Black</strong> sprints down the aisle, vaulting to the top turnbuckle and launching off with a high cross body! The crowd roars as Black connects and flails away with his arms, ultimately forcing Smith out of the ring and up the aisle to regroup.</p><p> </p><p> PM: “That’s a former SFW World Champion who just stopped the beatdown, and you have to think Black is VERY eager to have a chance to get his hands on Smith!”</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 75</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #5:</strong> Joanne Rodriguez vs. Nadia Snow</p><p> </p><p> Snow, the #1 contender for the SFW Women’s Championship, pulled out most of her dirty tricks against Rodriguez, one of the most beloved fan favorites in the women’s division. In fact, her stiff, no-nonsense style gave Rodriguez a minor concussion. Rodriguez did finish the match, but it ended at 9:46 following a Snow Ball.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNER:</strong> Nadia Snow, pinfall</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 65</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Demelza Wade</strong> comes out to celebrate with <strong>Nadia Snow</strong> as medics tend to <strong>Joanne Rodriguez</strong> and usher her backstage. However, as they whoop it up in the ring, <strong>Sara Marie York</strong> appears on the big screen.<p> </p><p> SMY: “Oh, knock it off.”</p><p> </p><p> Huge cheers from the crowd, and the smiles on Wade’s and Snow’s faces turn to sneers.</p><p> </p><p> SMY: “Snow, you and I have business to settle. Yeah, you beat me last week, but only with a handful of tights and your feet on the ropes. I’m the SFW Women’s Champion, and when you beat me, you didn’t do it the way a champion would have.</p><p> </p><p> “There’s NOBODY on this roster that can touch me in that ring. And Nadia, if you don’t believe me…ask your friend Demelza.”</p><p> </p><p> The crowd oohs and ahs at the insult as Wade shouts at the screen.</p><p> </p><p> SMY: “Nadia, you’re going to get your title shot at Summer Festival. You may want to use that time to practice a skill besides being slimy. Again, if you think what you’re doing will work, look at what I did to your BFF at Spring Stampede.”</p><p> </p><p> The screen fades to black as Wade and Snow yell at each other to pump themselves up.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 66</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #6:</strong> Harry Allen vs. Bryan Holmes</p><p> </p><p> The semi-main event featured two veterans. Fortunately for Allen, the match was free from interference from the Jameson/Youngman/Gauge faction, but unfortunately for the beloved cowboy, Holmes scored the pin at 12:11 following a Final Impact.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNER:</strong> Bryan Holmes, pinfall</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 60</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Bryan Holmes</strong>’s hand gets raised, and his music plays, but it gets cut off by the hard rock music of <strong>Frankie Perez</strong>, which gets the crowd to its feet.<p> </p><p> PM: “We saw Holmes and Perez exchange some harsh words last week! Holmes just defeated Harry Allen, but it doesn’t look like he’s in much of a mood to celebrate.”</p><p> </p><p> Perez pulls a microphone from his street clothes and begins talking as he approaches the ring.</p><p> </p><p> FP: “You think you’re supposed to be God’s gift to technical wrestling, Holmes? I don’t know who that was supposed to impress, but it didn’t impress me.”</p><p> </p><p> Perez vaults up the ringside steps and gets right in Holmes’s face.</p><p> </p><p> FP: “You want to see something? You want to see the way a wizard competes? I’m not just going to be back in action next week. No. I’m going after whoever wins tonight’s SFW World title match. And if you want a front row seat, here’s a ticket.”</p><p> </p><p> Perez yanks a piece of paper out from his pants pocket.</p><p> </p><p> FP: “After all, that’s the only way you’ve got any right to be within shouting distance of a title match.”</p><p> </p><p> Holmes takes a swing following the insult, but Perez jumps backward and down to the floor, landing on his feet. The two continue yelling at each other as Perez goes back up the ramp.</p><p> </p><p> PM: “All the more reason to tune in next week! Frankie Perez, who’s been absolutely on fire since debuting here in SFW, will get a shot at the premier title in our business!”</p><p> </p><p> MF: “We don’t know who that champion will be, but that main event he mentioned is coming up next!”</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 62</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #7 (SFW World Championship)</strong>: Buddy Garner © vs. Art Reed</p><p> </p><p> These two veterans got plenty of time to work a memorable match, and that’s exactly what they did. With the title in the balance, momentum swung back and forth, with Garner attempting to work Reed’s legs and the challenger doing everything possible to slip away. Ultimately, though, Garner countered a bodyslam into a Garner Tendon Hold in the middle of the ring, and Reed was left with no choice but to tap out. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNER:</strong> Buddy Garner, submission</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 77</p><p> </p><p> <strong>SHOW RATING:</strong> 75</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> Prediction Standings (hopefully this grows by the next show!)</p><p> </p><p> 1) BigJay2003: 9/11</p>

INTERLUDE: SFW Offices

Buddy Garner sits in the main office of Smark Friendly Wrestling. In a stark contrast from the wrestling trunks he wore Monday night, he’s clad in a suit and tie for a Tuesday afternoon meeting. A middle-aged woman walks in, peeking her head into the office.

BG: “Is he here?”

Woman: “Yes, sir. Should I send him in?”

BG: “Please do.”

The receptionist walks away. Garner takes a deep breath, and a few seconds later, a heavy set of footsteps is heard walking down the hallway. The camera pivots, and we see the figure of North of the Border Pro Wrestling head Jeremy Stone in the doorway.

BG: “Jeremy! It’s great to see you.”

Garner stands up, shaking Stone’s hand as the visitor sits down.

JS: “Thanks for accommodating me. I know you’ve got a lot going on, but this was the only time I could fly in.”

BG: “No problem. I’ll cut to the chase since I know you don’t have much time. I think our companies line up pretty well in terms of mission and our styles. You’ve got distribution in Canada. We’ve got it in the U.S. There’s no reason we should compete with one another in any way. We should work together and share talent.”

JS: “I sort of figured you were going to say that. Have you approached anyone else?”

BG: “Yes. I approached South of the Border Pro Wrestling, but they didn’t want to talk. My guess is Snap Dragon coming in didn’t sit too well with them.”

JS: “Understood.”

A pause.

JS: “I agree that this makes sense. Do you have any ideas for how we can make this work?”

Suddenly, Garner’s phone rings, and he heaves a deep sigh, annoyed at the interruption.

BG: “Yes?”

Receptionist (voice): “Sir, there’s an urgent email for you. I’ll send the attachment to your printer.”

Garner hangs up. The document comes over, and Garner sees what’s there. All we see is a signature on a piece of paper with a Smark Friendly Wrestling letterhead, and Buddy Garner smiles widely.

JS: “If I may ask, what’s that?”

BG: “Let’s just say, you agreeing to work with us just got a LOT smarter.”

Garner motions to Stone, who looks over Buddy’s shoulder. Jeremy’s eyebrows shoot up his forehead.

JS: “When?”

BG: “A few weeks. He has to finish up his dates.”

Garner puts the papers in his desk, pulling out a checkbook.

BG: “Now…let’s talk about business between US.”

What document did Garner and Stone see? What business did they discuss that involved Garner pulling out his checkbook? And how will this new working agreement impact wrestling in North America? Stay tuned!

INTERLUDE: USPW Scandal

More here: http://imgur.com/a/f8ws2

It's unknown what ramifications this will have in the long-term. The loss of sponsor money means USPW may have to cut costs elsewhere in order to remain profitable, which could put both SWF and SFW in position to gain large shares of the wrestling audience.

Meanwhile, USPW joins TCW as promotions facing setbacks. TCW is currently faced with the daunting prospect of top talent bolting due to financial difficulties within the company. It lost Eddie Peak to SFW earlier this year, and several other contracts are coming up for expiration in the coming weeks.

<p>Latest card below! Make your predictions, and I'll post the results this weekend.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">SFW Mayhem!: April 2016, Week #2</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

PRE-SHOW #1: Acid II vs. Mimic</p><p>

PRE-SHOW #2: Suzanne Brazzle, Aguila Azul Celeste, and Fuyuko Higa vs. Demelza Wade, Nadia Snow, and Lauren Easter</p><p> </p><p>

Harry Allen and Clark Alexander vs. Storm Spillane and Merle O'Curle (w/Haley Buck)</p><p> </p><p>

El Mitico, Jr., and Mr. Lucha III vs. Kirk Jameson and Ernest Youngman</p><p> </p><p>

Gino Montero, Luis Montero, Jr., and Snap Dragon vs. Super Ninja, Silver Tiger, and Tigre Salvaje, Jr.</p><p> </p><p>

Sara Marie York vs. Shiori Jippensha (NON-TITLE)</p><p> </p><p>

Greg Gauge vs. ???</p><p>

BONUS POINT: Who is the mystery opponent?</p><p> </p><p>

Art Reed and Greg Black vs. Bryan Holmes and Bulldozer Brandon Smith</p><p> </p><p>

Buddy Garner © vs. Frankie Perez</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>SFW Mayhem!:</strong></span><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> April 2016, Week #2</span></p><p> Location: Huntsville Fairgrounds</p><p> Attendance: 5,000 (SELL OUT)</p><p> TV Rating: 2.62</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> PRE-SHOW #1: Acid II vs. Mimic</p><p> </p><p> In customary SFW fashion, two cruiserweights went out to set the tone for the rest of the evening. After a short, action-packed match, Acid II prevailed at 8:07 with an Acid Rain Bomb. MATCH RATING: 59</p><p> </p><p> PRE-SHOW #2: Suzanne Brazzle, Aguila Azul Celeste, and Fuyuko Higa vs. Demelza Wade, Nadia Snow, and Lauren Easter</p><p> </p><p> This six-woman tag match also featured tons of action, as well as a moment that created plenty of controversy. Nadia Snow pinned Fuyuko Higa at 9:38, but the bigger story was Huga suffering a broken tail bone at the hands of Demelza Wade earlier in the match. MATCH RATING: 65</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The broadcast starts in the parking lot, where we see <strong>Eddie Peak</strong> exit his car. The crowd inside the arena cheers as Peak slams his door shut and walks inside…but a figure comes up from behind and whacks him with a championship belt!<p> </p><p> <em>PM: “That’s </em><em><strong>Buddy Garner</strong></em><em>! Buddy Garner has attacked Eddie Peak in the parking lot! Somebody stop this!”</em></p><p> </p><p> Garner continues to lay into Peak with kicks, and he stomps repeatedly on his target’s injured wrist for good measure.</p><p> </p><p> BG: “You think you’re good enough to take my title?! You’re going to be just another victim.”</p><p> </p><p> Peak gets to all fours, but is felled immediately by a kick to his head. The capacity crowd unloads with boos and catcalls as Garner walks away, draping the title belt over his shoulder and wearing a sick smile on his face.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 81</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #1:</strong> Harry Allen and Clark Alexander vs. Storm Spillane and Merle O'Curle (w/Haley Buck)</p><p> </p><p> The two veterans had never teamed together before, and that inexperience was evident in this match. Still, though, Allen and Alexander had enough in reserve to earn a victory in 8:28, when Alexander pinned O’Curle.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNERS:</strong> Harry Allen and Clark Alexander</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 50</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #2:</strong> El Mitico, Jr., and Mr. Lucha III vs. Kirk Jameson and Ernest Youngman</p><p> </p><p> This match didn’t get a ton of time, but what it DID get was non-stop energy from start to finish. The quartet thrilled the crowd in what time they were given, but to the dismay of the fans, the heels emerged victorious at 8:04 when Jameson pinned Mr. Lucha III after a Bullseye.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNERS:</strong> Kirk Jameson and Ernest Youngman</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 71</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>We go backstage, where <strong>Greg Black</strong> is standing by in the locker room.<p> </p><p> GB: “<strong>Bulldozer Brandon Smith</strong>, I’ve had about enough of you. You think, because you’re so big and so bad, you have the right to do whatever you want. I don’t know what’s going on between your ears, because that’s NOT the way things work around here.</p><p> </p><p> “I’m not going to tolerate anyone picking on people smaller than they are. I’m no giant, and I came to SFW because I wanted to go somewhere where the things that CAN’T be measured in size matter the most. I’ve got the heart, I’ve got the determination, and I’ve shown that by being a former SFW World Champion.</p><p> </p><p> “Smith, tonight we’ll meet in a tag team match. You get <strong>Bryan Holmes</strong>. I get my main man, <strong>Art Reed</strong>. Tonight, you’ll see that you’ve bitten off WAY more than you can chew. I’m not the biggest dog in the fight, but this dog has more fight than you could EVER have.”</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 70</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #3:</strong> Gino Montero, Luis Montero, Jr., and Snap Dragon vs. Super Ninja, Silver Tiger, and Tigre Salvaje, Jr.</p><p> </p><p> We were treated to a lucha-style trios match between some of the highest-flying members of the SFW roster. However, with the bad blood involved in this match, it wasn’t a surprise when things got ugly at 9:45. Ninja got away with an egregious low-blow on Luis behind the official’s back, and the Ninja Strike resulted in a pinfall (and plenty of jeers from the crowd).</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNERS:</strong> Super Ninja, Silver Tiger, and Tigre Salvaje, Jr.</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 60</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #4:</strong> Sara Marie York vs. Shiori Jippensha (NON-TITLE)</p><p> </p><p> Both of these women are known for stealing the show, and they made every effort to do that here. The SFW Women’s Champion had Jippensha on the ropes, when, in the middle of the match…</p><p> </p><p> <em>PM: “Ouch! Jippensha just collided with the referee, and Francis Long is out cold!”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> MF: “This match just took a very chaotic turn…and now, we’ve got company!”</em></p><p> </p><p> The crowd booed as <strong>Nadia Snow</strong> jogged down to the ring with a smile on her face and a steel chair in her hand. York turned around, but got floored by Jippensha as Nadia prepared to swing the chair. Jippensha set up an Irish whip, but at the last second, York reversed it!</p><p> </p><p> <em>WHACK!!!</em></p><p> </p><p> A stunned Snow pulled the chair back and ran up the ramp as Long began to stir. York then sprinted at Jippensha and connected with an Energy Burst!</p><p> </p><p> <em>1</em></p><p><em> …</em></p><p><em> …</em></p><p><em> 2</em></p><p><em> …</em></p><p><em> …</em></p><p><em> 3!</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> PM: “Despite Nadia Snow’s best efforts, Sara Marie York emerges victorious tonight!”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> MF: “These two still have two months to go until Snow gets her shot at the SFW Women’s Championship! Can these two make it there in one piece?!”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNER:</strong> Sara Marie York</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 71</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The ring is cleared, and <strong>Greg Gauge</strong> walks down to the ring with a microphone in hand.<p> </p><p> GG: “OK, folks. You’re in for a REAL treat. You see, I’m going to follow in the footsteps of my buddies, <strong>Kirk Jameson</strong> and <strong>Ernest Youngman</strong>. They took care of business earlier tonight, and now, I’m going to do the same thing.”</p><p> </p><p> Gauge gets to the ring, climbing through the ropes.</p><p> </p><p> GG: “Last week, I issued an open challenge to anyone on the SFW roster. I don’t know who’s coming out, and to be honest, I don’t care. All I know is, I was told SOMEBODY answered it. To me, all I care about is showing all of you doubters out there that I’m the future of this business.</p><p> </p><p> “So whoever it was that was stupid enough to answer my challenge, get down here so I can show you the mistake you made.”</p><p> </p><p> There’s a pause in the arena…and all of a sudden, the lights go out.</p><p> </p><p> <em>PM: “What the…folks, it seems like the power’s gone out.”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> MF: “No, it hasn’t! Look at the spotlights!”</em></p><p> </p><p> Indeed, spotlights go around the arena as hard rock music plays over the speakers. After 10-15 seconds, a shadowy figure emerges on the stage, and the spotlights go towards the big screen, where one word is shown for all to see.</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:36px;">MCFLY</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <em>PM: “IS THAT…OH, MY GOD, IT IS!!!”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> MF: “</em><em><strong>Sean McFly</strong></em><em> is here! We knew SFW and North of the Border Pro Wrestling had reached an agreement. We knew a deal was made. We did NOT know it involved one of the most popular men in our business coming to the U.S., and neither did Greg Gauge!”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> PM: “Greg Gauge was really confident when he issued that open challenge, but you have to think he’s doubting himself now. Sean McFly has answered it, and this match is NEXT!”</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 66</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #5:</strong> Greg Gauge vs. Sean McFly</p><p> </p><p> McFly took full advantage of his SFW debut and worked one of the strongest matches in the federation’s young history. Gauge showed plenty of potential, but it was McFly who got the duke in 17:51 following a Delorean Driver.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNER:</strong> Sean McFly</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 79</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Sean McFly</strong>’s hand is raised, but he doesn’t have long to celebrate. <strong>Kirk Jameson</strong> and <strong>Ernest Youngman</strong> dash out, and with <strong>Greg Gauge</strong>, they launch a 3-on-1 attack. McFly gets several punches in, but the young guns get the upper hand in short order, until…<p> </p><p> <em>PM: “Here comes the cavalry! </em><em><strong>Harry Allen</strong></em><em> and </em><em><strong>Clark Alexander</strong></em><em> are on the scene, and they’re ready to fight!”</em></p><p> </p><p> Allen and Alexander flail away once they hit the ring, evening up the numbers and forcing the heels to regroup as they walk up the ramp. Allen and Alexander raise McFly’s hands as his music plays once again.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 68</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #6:</strong> Art Reed and Greg Black vs. Bryan Holmes and Bulldozer Brandon Smith</p><p> </p><p> Reed and Black (close friends outside the ring) teamed up to take on a skilled technician and a man Black called a bully. Holmes and Smith isolated Reed for most of the match. However, when Black was tagged in, the tide turned, and after Reed and Smith brawled to the floor, Black nailed Holmes with a Fade to Black for the victory at 12:08.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNERS:</strong> Art Reed and Greg Black</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 65</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #7 (SFW World Championship)</strong>: Buddy Garner © vs. Frankie Perez</p><p> </p><p> Despite Garner and Perez lacking a certain chemistry together, this match still served as a very good main event. They went back and forth for 20 minutes, and with the title in the balance, Perez took to the top turnbuckle. However…</p><p> </p><p> <em>PM: “Oh, come on! </em><em><strong>Bryan Holmes</strong></em><em> is out here!”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> MF: “He’s stopping at the top of the ramp! I don’t know if he’s scouting, or messing with Perez, or what, but Frankie’s come off the top rope and is yelling at him from the apron.”</em></p><p> </p><p> The shouting match continues as Garner recovers in the ring. The champion hits a German suplex to move Perez to the center of the ring, and he transitions from that move into a Garner Tendon Hold! Left with no choice, Perez taps out at 20:24.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNER:</strong> Buddy Garner</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 72</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Buddy Garner</strong>’s hand is raised, and <strong>Bryan Holmes</strong> walks to the ring as <strong>Frankie Perez</strong> writhes around in pain. Holmes stomps away, and Garner joins in for good measure.<p> </p><p> <em>PM: “Buddy Garner has already won the match, but he and Bryan Holmes are now adding insult to injury!”</em></p><p> </p><p> Suddenly, the crowd rises to its feet as <strong>Eddie Peak</strong> rushes into the ring! Holmes is able to get out, but Garner is not, and Peak is able to throw several forearms before clutching his still-healing wrist. Garner takes that moment, grabs his title, and rolls out of the ring to the boos of the crowd.</p><p> </p><p> Peak motions for a microphone, and one is tossed into the ring.</p><p> </p><p> EP: “Garner. You have no idea how good it feels to say these words. Next week…I’m medically cleared.”</p><p> </p><p> The crowd cheers.</p><p> </p><p> EP: “In fact, you and Holmes seem quite chummy. I don’t know Frankie too well, but he seems like a decent guy. How about this? You two remove the yellow streaks on your backs, you come down here next week, and me and Perez will be waiting for you.”</p><p> </p><p> The crowd cheers once again. Garner and Holmes nod, and they head back up the ramp, with Garner raising his title belt high above his head.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 80</p><p> </p><p> <strong>SHOW RATING:</strong> 74</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">INTERLUDE: The Dirt Sheet</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Details on Sean McFly</strong></p><p> </p><p>

We've learned that the talent trade involving Sean McFly working for SFW involves McFly working six shows in the U.S., and it's believed the last show of this deal will be the SFW Summer Festival. North of the Border Pro Wrestling confirmed that a talent swap had taken place, and that it involved several SFW wrestlers and an undisclosed amount of cash.</p><p> </p><p>

With regard to McFly's opponent at the Summer Festival, sources say the office is undecided between one of three new acquisitions that will debut in the coming weeks. It's believed that at least one of those acquisitions came by way of a raid of TCW, which is now only offering its wrestlers pay-per-appearance contracts due to its financial situation.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SFW Strengthens Developmental Territory</strong></p><p> </p><p>

We've also learned that SFW has agreed to terms with Intrepid Ian Identity on a developmental deal. He's been sent to the company's child promotion, Proving Grounds Wrestling, where the company believes he will turn into a more well-rounded worker. Several within the developmental territory believe the first round of call-ups could happen before the Summer Festival in mid-June.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Update on Injuries in the SFW Women's Division</strong></p><p> </p><p>

There's drama in the SFW women's locker room, as two injuries have many female competitors angry with one another. Joanne Rodriguez allegedly blames Nadia Snow for her concussion, while Demelza Wade has heat backstage for her role in Fuyuko Higa's injury last week. Rodriguez and Higa will both return to action in several weeks, according to our source.</p>

<p>Here's the latest SFW Mayhem! card. The results will be posted on either Monday night or Tuesday morning, so as to give people time to get predictions in.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><em>SFW Mayhem!</em></span><span style="text-decoration:underline;">: April 2016, Week #3</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

PRE-SHOW #1: Boo Smithson vs. Tigre Salvaje, Jr.</p><p>

PRE-SHOW #2: Acid II and Snap Dragon vs. Storm Spillane and Merle O'Curle (w/Haley Buck)</p><p> </p><p>

Suzanne Brazzle vs. Nadia Snow</p><p> </p><p>

Luis Montero, Jr. vs. Super Ninja</p><p> </p><p>

SFW Cruiserweight Title</p><p>

Gino Montero © vs. Silver Tiger</p><p> </p><p>

SFW Women's Title</p><p>

Sara Marie York © vs. Lauren Easter</p><p> </p><p>

El Mitico, Jr. vs. Bulldozer Brandon Smith</p><p> </p><p>

Art Reed, Clark Alexander, and Harry Allen vs. Kirk Jameson, Ernest Youngman, and Greg Gauge</p><p> </p><p>

Eddie Peak and Frankie Perez vs. Buddy Garner and Bryan Holmes</p>

<p>PRE-SHOW #1: Boo Smithson vs. <strong>Tigre Salvaje, Jr.</strong></p><p>

PRE-SHOW #2: <strong>Acid II and Snap Dragon</strong> vs. Storm Spillane and Merle O'Curle (w/Haley Buck)</p><p> </p><p>

Suzanne Brazzle vs. <strong>Nadia Snow</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Luis Montero, Jr. vs. <strong>Super Ninja</strong></p><p> </p><p>

SFW Cruiserweight Title</p><p>

<strong>Gino Montero ©</strong> vs. Silver Tiger</p><p> </p><p>

SFW Women's Title</p><p>

<strong>Sara Marie York ©</strong> vs. Lauren Easter</p><p> </p><p>

El Mitico, Jr. vs. <strong>Bulldozer Brandon Smith</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Art Reed, Clark Alexander, and Harry Allen vs. <strong>Kirk Jameson, Ernest Youngman, and Greg Gauge</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Eddie Peak and Frankie Perez</strong> vs. Buddy Garner and Bryan Holmes</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Sorry I missed the last show, but I am following along!</em></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><em>SFW Mayhem!</em></span><span style="text-decoration:underline;">: April 2016, Week #3</span></p><p> <strong>Location:</strong> Irvine Hall</p><p> <strong>Attendance:</strong> 5,000 (SELL OUT)</p><p> <strong>TV Rating:</strong> 2.67</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>PRE-SHOW #1</strong>: Boo Smithson vs. Tigre Salvaje, Jr.</p><p> </p><p> Two of SFW’s top technical wrestlers opened things up for the crowd, which saw a fast-paced, back-and-forth match. Ultimately, Salvaje scored the pinfall at 8:28 following a Salvaje Suplex. MATCH RATING: 66</p><p> </p><p> <strong>PRE-SHOW #2</strong>: Acid II and Snap Dragon vs. Storm Spillane and Merle O'Curle (w/Haley Buck)</p><p> </p><p> The two luchadors had the crowd firmly behind them in a matchup against Haley Buck’s boys. Ultimately, they took advantage of that momentum, with Dragon pinning O’Curle at 8:13 following a Dragon’s Breath. MATCH RATING: 63</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #1</strong>: Suzanne Brazzle vs. Nadia Snow</p><p> </p><p> We wasted no time on this edition of Mayhem!, as #1 contender Nadia Snow took on Suzanne Brazzle, a close friend of SFW Women’s Champion Sara Marie York. Perhaps knowing the champ was watching intently, Snow deliberately cheated on numerous occasions during the match, including grabbing a handful of tights for the pinfall at 9:48.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNER:</strong> Nadia Snow, pinfall</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 58</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>We go to the outside of the arena, where Eddie Peak and Frankie Perez are shown getting out of their car in the parking lot.<p> </p><p> <em>PM: “There they are! </em><em><strong>Eddie Peak</strong></em><em> and </em><em><strong>Frankie Perez</strong></em><em> have arrived, and they’ll be in action in tonight’s main event!”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> MF: “Peak seems to have learned from last week! He has Perez as backup tonight coming into the building, and it’ll be great to see him back after being out of the ring due to his wrist injury.”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> PM: “That’ll be coming up later this evening. Right now, though, we’ve got top-notch cruiserweight action on tap in the next two matches! Let’s get back to the ring.”</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 67</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #2:</strong> Luis Montero, Jr. vs. Super Ninja</p><p> </p><p> Luis Montero has been overshadowed most of his life by either his father or brother, but he’s a very capable performer on his own. That was on display here against Super Ninja, where the two worked a fast-paced match designed to light up the crowd. Ultimately, though, Ninja prevailed at 10:19 following a Ninja Strike.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNER:</strong> Super Ninja, pinfall</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 68</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>We cut backstage, where the cameras show <strong>Nadia Snow</strong> and <strong>Demelza Wade</strong> beating down <strong>Sara Marie York</strong>. The duo lays into the champion with stomps and kicks as she writhes on the ground in obvious pain.<p> </p><p> NS: “You’re MINE, Sara! I don’t even care about the title anymore. You think you’re so much BETTER than everyone else because of your goody-goody attitude. Look where it’s gotten you now!”</p><p> </p><p> More kicks come as security finally rushes to the scene, separating the duo from their target as medics arrive on the scene to tend to the fallen champion.</p><p> </p><p> NS: “Good luck tonight! You’ll need it.”</p><p> </p><p> <em>PM: “What a sick, sinister beatdown by Nadia and Demelza. Sara has a title match tonight against </em><em><strong>Lauren Easter</strong></em><em>, and it looks like she’ll be wrestling hurt tonight, if she can even get to the ring at all!”</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 66</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #3 (SFW Cruiserweight Title)</strong>: Gino Montero © vs. Silver Tiger</p><p> </p><p> This match got plenty of time, and while the crowd wasn’t really into it at first, these two did win most of them over. It wasn’t the standard high-flying cruiserweight match, but a scientific, mat-based affair that ended at 17:19 when Gino hit a Montero Press to retain the title.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNER:</strong> Gino Montero, pinfall</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 62</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>We cut backstage, where <strong>Greg Black</strong> is seen walking with a purpose. He walks up to a door labeled “<strong>BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH</strong>,” and he pounds on it repeatedly.<p> </p><p> GB: “Come out here and face me like a man, Brandon!”</p><p> </p><p> Suddenly, a big figure rushes up from behind and clubs Black down. The camera reveals Smith standing over him, with a sick smile on his face as he stomps away at his fallen foe.</p><p> </p><p> BBS: “Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.”</p><p> </p><p> Smith picks Black up, grabs him by the back of the head, and throws him through the door, leaving him sprawled-out on the ground.</p><p> </p><p> BBS: “See what standing up for yourself did? Because of that, <strong>El Mitico, Jr.</strong>, gets it GOOD tonight.”</p><p> </p><p> Smith chuckles a bit as he walks away, leaving Black to come to his senses amidst the carnage in the backstage area.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 71</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #4 (SFW Women's Title)</strong>: Sara Marie York © vs. Lauren Easter</p><p> </p><p> York staggered down the aisle and did NOT seem at her best following the assault earlier this evening. Easter pounced on the situation, eager to pull off a major upset. At times, the fate of the championship was uncertain, but somehow, York mustered all her energy for one Energy Burst, and her prone body fell on top of Easter’s for the pin at 10:17.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNER:</strong> Sara Marie York, pinfall</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 75</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #5:</strong> El Mitico, Jr. vs. Bulldozer Brandon Smith</p><p> </p><p> Smith came out poised to lay a beatdown on Mitico, but the young luchador did a stellar job of fighting from underneath in a surprisingly-competitive matchup. However, when attempting to complete a moonsault, Smith caught him in a Tombstone Piledriver, and that was enough for the pin at 9:52.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNER:</strong> Bulldozer Brandon Smith, pinfall</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 72</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The bell rings, but <strong>Bulldozer Brandon Smith</strong> isn’t satisfied. He picks <strong>El Mitico, Jr.</strong>, up again, and prepares for a second Tombstone Piledriver!<p> </p><p> <em>PM: “Oh, enough! Who is Smith trying to impress?!”</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> MF: “I don’t know, but he’s got an audience! Look up the ramp!”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Greg Black</strong> comes running out from the backstage area, and the distraction allows Mitico time to escape. An enraged Smith looks at Black, but Black motions to the back, and out come <strong>Snap Dragon</strong> and <strong>Mr. Lucha III</strong>!</p><p> </p><p> <em>PM: “That’s one way to stop a bully! Greg Black has countered Brandon Smith with numbers, as it’s now four against one!”</em></p><p> </p><p> Smith cracks a slight smile at Black, and instead calmly retreats to the back as the crowd boos and catcalls him.</p><p> </p><p> <em>MF: “Greg Black seems to have enlisted a force of wrestlers to protect one another from Bulldozer Brandon Smith, but you HAVE to think Smith is going to have his chance at each of them, and a motivated Smith is a DANGEROUS Smith.”</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 66</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Backstage, we see <strong>Greg Gauge</strong> walking through the catacombs of the building. He stops suddenly and rolls his eyes, and the camera pans right to show <strong>Art Reed</strong> standing in his way!<p> </p><p> AR: “So Gauge. That open challenge thing sort of blew up in your face last week, didn’t it?”</p><p> </p><p> The crowd cheers as Gauge heaves a deep sigh.</p><p> </p><p> GG: “Do you REALLY want to compare my failures to yours? Here. I’ll start. You’ve been in the business for two decades and accomplished NOTHING OF SUBSTANCE. Yet here you are, taking someone’s spot and cashing paychecks that should be meant for younger guys who give a damn.”</p><p> </p><p> The crowd oohs and ahs at Gauge’s comments.</p><p> </p><p> GG: “THAT’S why I’m with <strong>Kirk Jameson</strong> and <strong>Ernest Youngman</strong>. You can call us <strong>The Uprising</strong>, because we’re mad about the things happening around us. We’re the future of this business, Reed. You’re the past.”</p><p> </p><p> AR: “You think you scare me, Gauge? You’re as dumb as you were last week when <strong>Sean McFly</strong> came to shut you up. Tonight, we’re going to do the exact same thing.”</p><p> </p><p> Reed walks off, leaving a seething Gauge in his wake as we cut to commercial.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>SEGMENT RATING:</strong> 59</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #6:</strong> Art Reed, Clark Alexander, and Harry Allen vs. The Uprising (Kirk Jameson, Ernest Youngman, and Greg Gauge)</p><p> </p><p> The veterans took it to the stable of younger wrestlers for most of the match, using their experience and guile to counter their opponents’ energy. Harry Allen was in full control of the match at 11:38, but Jameson maneuvered his body in midair, pulled out brass knuckles from his trunks, hit a loaded punch to Allen’s head, and covered for the pinfall as the crowd booed heartily.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNERS:</strong> The Uprising, pinfall</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 61</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> <strong>MATCH #7:</strong> Eddie Peak and Frankie Perez vs. Buddy Garner and Bryan Holmes</p><p> </p><p> Eddie Peak’s long-awaited return to the ring lived up to the hype. He and Perez made for an energetic tag team, one that had Garner and Holmes on the run for pretty much the entire match. Peak showed off his considerable ability at many points, and he scored a pin of Holmes at 11:32 following a Peak of Perfection before celebrating in the ring to close the show.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WINNERS:</strong> Eddie Peak and Frankie Perez</p><p> <strong>MATCH RATING:</strong> 72</p><p> </p><p> <strong>SHOW RATING:</strong> 71</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> Prediction Standings</p><p> </p><p> 1) BigJay2003: 9/9 (nice going!)</p>

<p>Here's the latest <em>Mayhem!</em> card. I'm hoping to post the writeup on Wednesday. Post predictions between now and then!</p><p> </p><p>

PRE-SHOW #1: Los Monteros (Gino and Luis, Jr.) vs. Mimic and Totoya Munakata</p><p>

PRE-SHOW #2: Snap Dragon vs. Silver Tiger</p><p> </p><p>

Mr. Lucha III vs. Greg Gauge</p><p> </p><p>

Art Reed, Clark Alexander, and Harry Allen vs. Merle O'Curle, Storm Spillane, and Tigre Salvaje, Jr.</p><p> </p><p>

Greg Black vs. Ernest Youngman</p><p> </p><p>

Frankie Perez vs. Super Ninja</p><p> </p><p>

Buddy Garner © vs. Sean McFly</p><p> </p><p>

PLUS: Appearances by Eddie Peak and Sara Marie York!</p><p> </p><p>

AND: One special bonus match!</p>

<p>PRE-SHOW #1:<strong> Los Monteros (Gino and Luis, Jr.)</strong> vs. Mimic and Totoya Munakata</p><p>

<em>Even on pre-show, not sure the champ should be on the losing end.</em></p><p>

PRE-SHOW #2: <strong>Snap Dragon</strong> vs. Silver Tiger</p><p>

<em>A bit of a toss up here, but I am going with Dragon building momentum.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Mr. Lucha III vs. <strong>Greg Gauge</strong></p><p>

<em>Uprising keeps racking up wins.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Art Reed, Clark Alexander, and Harry Allen</strong> vs. Merle O'Curle, Storm Spillane, and Tigre Salvaje, Jr.</p><p>

<em>The "Old Guard" needs to get a win to get back on track and keep the feud burning.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Greg Black vs. <strong>Ernest Youngman</strong></p><p>

<em>I think Black gets interrupted by Smith to give Youngman the win.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Frankie Perez</strong> vs. Super Ninja</p><p>

<em>Perez is the more popular worker (I think) and might be better in the ring.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Buddy Garner ©</strong> vs. Sean McFly</p><p>

<em>I could see McFly taking it for a tour until summer, but I don't think you hotshot the title to him over Peak.</em></p>

SFW Mayhem!: April 2016, Week #4

Attendance: 5,000 (SELL OUT)

TV Rating: 2.66

PRE-SHOW #1: Los Monteros (Gino and Luis, Jr.) vs. Mimic and Totoya Munakata

Gino and Luis’s job was to fire up the crowd right away, and they did that with plenty of assistance from their opponents. They worked a fast-paced tag match, and Luis notched the first win of his SFW career at 7:47, making Munakata tap out. MATCH RATING: 69

PRE-SHOW #2: Snap Dragon vs. Silver Tiger

These two, unfortunately, didn’t really click. Snap Dragon was a bit off his game, and the crowd may have been a hair burnt out by the first match of the evening. Ultimately, Silver Tiger caught Dragon in a surprise small package for the pin at 8:17. MATCH RATING: 56

---

Fireworks go off to signify the start of SFW Mayhem!, and those give way to the music of Sean McFly, who walks out to the ring to the cheers of the capacity crowd.

PM: “Sean McFly will take on SFW World Champion Buddy Garner later tonight! He’s only wrestled one match here in the States, but he could very well leave this arena with the top prize in our sport!”

MF: “He seems to be walking a bit gingerly, though. Hopefully, he addresses it; he’s got a microphone in his hand!”

SM: “Thanks, everybody! It’s an honor to be here tonight. Later on, I’ll fight Buddy Garner for the SFW World Championship. I respect the hell out of him as a competitor, but to see the way he’s defended his title…well, it’s disgusted me, and hopefully, I’ll be able to give you all a champion you can be proud of!”

At that moment, Garner’s music plays, and the champion walks out from behind the curtain with the belt slung over his shoulder.

BG: “McFly, you mean a lot to this business. You’re universally renowned as one of the good guys, a wrestler’s wrestler, someone who does things the right way. That’s part of why it’s going to be so much fun tearing you apart tonight.”

Boos fly from every part of the arena as McFly rolls his eyes.

BG: “Don’t think I don’t know about your ribs. You’re wearing a chest protector now to recover from an injury you came down with in NOTBPW, but you won’t have that tonight. You’re a marked man, McFly. And if you don’t believe me…maybe you’ll believe my insurance policy. You may meet him later tonight.”

Garner smirks, walking off without further elaboration.

PM: “Insurance policy? What the hell does he mean by that?!”

MF: “Buddy Garner’s already a dangerous man, and now he’s got backup? Sean McFly seems just as confused as we are, and he’s the one who has to get in the ring with Garner later tonight!”

SEGMENT RATING: 82

---

MATCH #1: Mr. Lucha III vs. Greg Gauge

Many hate Greg Gauge for his behavior, but few have ever knocked his technical prowess. He put that on display here, as he and Mr. Lucha III wrestled an intense opening match. Gauge eventually prevailed at 10:25, forcing Lucha to tap out via the Proton Lock.

WINNER: Greg Gauge, submission

MATCH RATING: 72

---

We cut backstage, where we see Sara Marie York walking with a purpose. She stops suddenly and heaves a deep sigh before we see Nadia Snow and Demelza Wade standing in her path.

SMY: “I’m going to make this really short and really sweet. Get out of my way.”

DW: “Why? Seeing you angry is fun!”

York goes right up to Wade, going nose-to-nose with her old adversary.

SMY: “I’ve had enough of you showing up and helping your friend Nadia. Here’s what’s going to happen. If you want a piece of me so badly, you can have a bite next week. And I’ll even make things interesting. If you win, you two get a handicap match with me at Summer Festival, with my belt on the line. But if I win, Demelza…you’re not just banned from ringside. You’re banned from the ARENA. It’ll be me and Nadia seeing who’s best, the way wrestling was intended.”

DW: “That’s funny. It’s also entirely fictional. Because after I BEAT you next week, that title is as good as ours.

“You’re on.”

Demelza and Nadia cackle as they blow by Wade, who snarls at them as they march off-screen.

SEGMENT RATING: 72

---

MATCH #2: Art Reed, Clark Alexander, and Harry Allen vs. Merle O'Curle, Storm Spillane, and Tigre Salvaje, Jr.

The veterans teamed up once again here, and the results were much more favorable. Reed, Alexander, and Allen worked together to great effect here, and Reed pinned Spillane at 9:33.

WINNERS: Art Reed, Clark Alexander, and Harry Allen

MATCH RATING: 69

---

MATCH #3: Greg Black vs. Ernest Youngman

This match got plenty of time, and both young competitors got plenty of time to shine. The duo went back and forth for most of this 18-minute affair, thrilling the crowd while letting the match build. Unfortunately, someone had other ideas when Black went to the top rope.

PM: “HEY! What’s Bulldozer Brandon Smith doing out here?!”

Smith snuck up from behind while Youngman grabbed the official, and Black got crotched on the top turnbuckle before falling to the mat. Youngman waited for Black to rise to his feet, delivered The Hit, and scored the pin to the disdain of the crowd.

WINNER: Ernest Youngman, pinfall

MATCH RATING: 74

---

Ernest Youngman splits after getting his hand raised, but Bulldozer Brandon Smith sticks around, laying in a few more stiff shots to Greg Black’s fallen body. Suddenly, out runs a very familiar face.

PM: “That’s Eddie Peak! He and Black are good friends, and it can’t be fun for Peak to see this happen!”

Eddie slides into the ring, going chest-to-chest with Smith as Black rolls to the floor. We hear Peak yell without a microphone.

EP: “You want a fight? I’m here! The ref’s here! You chicken, Brandon?”

Smith pauses, considering the challenge. Finally, he turns to the official and nods.

MF: “We’ve got a battle of the titans coming up next! Eddie Peak and Bulldozer Brandon Smith will go at it after this short break!”

---

MATCH #4 (unannounced): Eddie Peak vs. Bulldozer Brandon Smith

Nobody expected this match, but once Peak ran out, those in attendance knew what they were getting. Peak and Smith, two of the best “big-man workers” around, worked a stiff, hard-hitting match, with Peak prevailing at 11:44 following a Peak of Perfection.

WINNER: Eddie Peak, pinfall

MATCH RATING: 75

---

Meanwhile, in the backstage area, we see Ernest Youngman gathering his things to leave. He exits his locker room, but is suddenly surrounded by Harry Allen and Clark Alexander!

HA: “Goin’ somewhere, Ernie?”

EY: “Far, far away from you old geezers. Excuse me.”

Youngman tries to shove Harry and Clark out of the way, but they fight back, throwing hands and knocking Youngman to the ground as the crowd inside the arena cheers! Harry and Clark continue pounding away until we hear a fourth set of footsteps come closer, at which time the two veterans dash away.

The camera pans right to reveal a late-arriving Kirk Jameson, whose car is parked just outside the nearby door.

KJ: “Son of a…”

Jameson tends to Youngman, who begins to stir after getting beaten up in the ambush.

SEGMENT RATING: 69

---

MATCH #5: Frankie Perez vs. Super Ninja

This match was awaited by many for its potential as a classic. It didn’t quite live up to that billing, and word was SFW management wasn’t happy with it. It was still a decent encounter, though, with Super Ninja prevailing with a surprise rollup at 12:14.

WINNER: Super Ninja, pinfall

MATCH RATING: 66

---

After we come back from a commercial break, Frankie Perez walks backstage, only to be met by a slow-clapping Bryan Holmes.

BH: “Boy, you really screwed things up there, didn’t you? Frankie Perez, the technical savant of SFW…loses to Super Ninja clean as a sheet. Way to go.”

FP: “What, you saying you’d do better? You don’t even have a match tonight!”

A pause, as Perez shakes his head.

FP: “Speaking of a match, I think it’s only fair we settle this like men. You think you’re better than me. I think I’m better than you. So let’s make this interesting. At Summer Festival, it’ll be Frankie Perez versus Bryan Holmes…in a two-out-of-three falls match.”

Holmes ponders for a moment before nodding.

BH: “I can’t wait to pin you twice.”

FP: “And I can’t wait to see you try.”

Perez cackles a bit, having found his mojo, and he walks away as Holmes cracks his knuckles.

SEGMENT RATING: 62

---

MATCH #6 (SFW World Championship): Buddy Garner © vs. Sean McFly

McFly was indeed working hurt, but these two still found a way to carve out a thrilling main event. It built for more than 24 minutes, with neither man giving an inch. However, at that point, the lights in the arena went out.

PM: “Oh, dear. This can’t be good.”

For McFly, when the lights came back on, it wasn’t. The referee was down in the ring, and McFly was suddenly standing between Buddy Garner and his previously-mentioned insurance policy.

MF: “That…that’s Guide! Guide is here! And he’s eying Sean McFly!”

McFly attempts to throw a punch, but Guide sidesteps him, throwing a series of swift kicks to his injured ribs. The referee begins to stir, Garner locks in the Garner Tendon Hold, and McFly has no choice but to tap out.

WINNER: Buddy Garner, submission

MATCH RATING: 77

---

The bell rings, but Guide wants more of Sean McFly, hammering away after Buddy Garner’s hand is raised in victory.

PM: “Guide is doing everything possible to make a statement in his SFW debut! He just robbed Sean McFly of a chance at the SFW World Championship, and I don’t think he’s done yet!”

Suddenly, a voice comes over the speakers in the arena.

“ENOUGH!!!”

Eddie Peak appears on the big screen, appalled by the antics in the ring.

EP: “First things first. Hi, Guide! It’s me, Eddie. Eddie Peak. You know, the guy you could never beat in TCW.”

The crowd oohs and ahs as medics arrive to take a look at McFly.

EP: “Buddy Garner, I hope you’re proud of yourself. It took two men to defeat Sean McFly tonight, and that was WITH him having broken ribs. At the Summer Festival, all you’ll have to help you are your bare hands.

“You see, Buddy…you aren’t the only one who’s taken out an insurance policy. I called an old friend, I transferred him over to the SFW offices, and they made a deal. What say we rendezvous next week in a tag match? You bring your camouflaged friend along, I’ll bring my guy, and we’ll compare policies. Just saying, I think mine’s better.

“Be ready, Garner. And Guide…nothing’s changed, buddy.”

Peak’s video cuts out, and our scene fades to black on Garner and Guide conversing in the ring.

SHOW RATING: 77

---

Prediction Standings

1) BigJay2003: 5/7

<p>Here's the latest Mayhem! card. You know the drill; post predictions, and I'll post the writeup in short order (possibly Friday night, although it could be as late as Saturday).</p><p> </p><p>

PRE-SHOW #1: Mr. Lucha III, El Mitico Jr., and Snap Dragon vs. Tigre Salvaje Jr., Mimic, and Totoya Munakata</p><p>

PRE-SHOW #2: Frankie Perez vs. Merle O'Curle</p><p> </p><p>

Open Challenge</p><p>

Storm Spillane (w/Haley Buck) vs. ???</p><p>

BONUS POINT: Who is the mystery opponent?</p><p> </p><p>

Luis Montero, Jr. vs. Greg Gauge</p><p> </p><p>

Greg Black vs. Silver Tiger</p><p> </p><p>

Art Reed and Harry Allen vs. Kirk Jameson and Ernest Youngman</p><p> </p><p>

Clark Alexander vs. Bryan Holmes</p><p> </p><p>

Sara Marie York vs. Demelza Wade (NOTE: If York wins, Wade is banned from the arena at SFW Summer Festival; if Wade wins, York's title match against Nadia Snow becomes a handicap match)</p><p> </p><p>

Eddie Peak and ??? vs. Buddy Garner and Guide</p><p>

BONUS POINT: Who is the mystery partner?</p>

PRE-SHOW #1: Mr. Lucha III, El Mitico Jr., and Snap Dragon vs. Tigre Salvaje Jr., Mimic, and Totoya Munakata

PRE-SHOW #2: Frankie Perez vs. Merle O'Curle

Open Challenge

Storm Spillane (w/Haley Buck) vs. ???

BONUS POINT: Who is the mystery opponent? Bulldozer Brandon Smith

Luis Montero, Jr. vs. Greg Gauge

Greg Black vs. Silver Tiger

Art Reed and Harry Allen vs. Kirk Jameson and Ernest Youngman

Clark Alexander vs. Bryan Holmes

Sara Marie York vs. Demelza Wade (NOTE: If York wins, Wade is banned from the arena at SFW Summer Festival; if Wade wins, York's title match against Nadia Snow becomes a handicap match)

Eddie Peak and ??? vs. Buddy Garner and Guide

BONUS POINT: Who is the mystery partner? I don't know the 2016 C-Verse well enough to even make an educated guess...

Archived