J. Peppers - playing in different positions for Michigan

Well, as the title says..... one thing stuck out regularly on TV in the current NCAA Football 2016 season is the player playing for Michigan this season.. his name is J. Peppers..

I had seen him play in different positions of Defense, Offense and in Special Teams...

Now, can you replicate that in the Bowl Bound game ?

Obviously, you can via the Position Change but that is once for the season but you can't change his position so many times in a same season?

You see players in positions of DB or CB or TE or LB but not like this... DB & TE & WR & P ???

Can you make a player play in different positions more than once in the same season or next?

<p>Yes, just put the player in your depth chart where you would like them to play. How well they will do there depends on their adaptability rating (as well as how suited they actually are for the position; I wouldn't recommend putting an OT as a WR but I think the engine would let you do it). There are restrictions if the player is a starter; they can't be the starter in more than one primary position (which makes sense; a player can't be your starting RB and starting SE).</p><p> </p><p>

For instance, I will use a non-starting 3rd Down Back as my 4th or 5th receiver for quads and spread if my receiver depth isn't very good. You can even put them as WR3, and then in spread you have an actual running back running your end-arounds instead of your third best WR (although many times they aren't really fast enough for that).</p><p> </p><p>

This is one of the reasons that adaptability training isn't necessarily a waste for players that aren't changing positions and also why you don't have to necessarily change a players position (and possibly go overweight for the new position) even if you plan to play them there.</p><p> </p><p>

Hope this helps</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="woolymuffler" data-cite="woolymuffler" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42899" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes, just put the player in your depth chart where you would like them to play. How well they will do there depends on their adaptability rating (as well as how suited they actually are for the position; I wouldn't recommend putting an OT as a WR but I think the engine would let you do it). There are restrictions if the player is a starter; they can't be the starter in more than one primary position (which makes sense; a player can't be your starting RB and starting SE).<p> </p><p> For instance, I will use a non-starting 3rd Down Back as my 4th or 5th receiver for quads and spread if my receiver depth isn't very good. You can even put them as WR3, and then in spread you have an actual running back running your end-arounds instead of your third best WR (although many times they aren't really fast enough for that).</p><p> </p><p> This is one of the reasons that adaptability training isn't necessarily a waste for players that aren't changing positions and also why you don't have to necessarily change a players position (and possibly go overweight for the new position) even if you plan to play them there.</p><p> </p><p> Hope this helps</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the advice.</p><p> </p><p> But the problem is that whoever like you say about OT be a WR but I get a red circle with slash pop up as if it is not allowed, so I don't seem to be able to make an defense player play in offense nor vice versa (TE to DE) as whatever I do, I get the same red circle with slash popping up wherever.</p><p> </p><p> So I presume the game is hard coded not to make allowance......unless you use the player editor to get round that problem whenever I get injuries that sorts of depletes my team....which I risk injuring my players more when playing them half fit.</p>

<p>Huh, I hadn't ever tried anything too wild before so I guess the ability to move players around the the depth chart doesn't go as far as I thought. Sorry for not being accurate on that; I guess I didn't catch what you were actually asking (specifically using a player in wildly different positions on opposite sides of the ball).</p><p> </p><p>

I do know that at least similar positions (like TE in WR slot, HB in FB, CB in Safety, etc) works fine. I hadn't honestly ever tried a defense player on offense or vice-versa before; if I'd realized that was what you were asking about I wouldn't have sounded so certain about it since I was clearly mistaken.</p>

<p>Thanks,</p><p>

No worries there !!</p><p> </p><p>

That's why I asked earlier about Michigan's player of J. Peppers playing in different positions of Offense and Defense as well as playing in Special Teams so really can't replicate the J. Peppers mode into the game.</p>

• 4 weeks later...
You cannot replicate this to that extreme. You can play FB/RB and then WR/TE and ILB/OLB and CB/FS/SS and the linemen switch over but only offense to offense and defense to defense. You cannot play at multiple levels of the defense (say CB to LB) and certainly not from defense to offense.

Archived