Sale vs Steam dilemma

I've got a problem that I think more people on these forums say. I really want TEW 2016, but the standard price is a bit too much. Now with the Black Friday sale it's a bit more affordable. But before this sale I planned to wait for the Steam release, because fighting with a security system is one of my least favourite things and I'd really prefer to not have to dabble in E-license. Mr. Ryland posted about a month ago about the new TEW coming out on Steam near the end of the year, so now I am torn - do I buy now, or wait for Steam release?

One particular deal breaker for me would be information on whether there are plans to allow migration from E-license to Steam once the games come out on the second platform. If so, I wouldn't have to hesitate. Is there a piece of info about that I have missed? Or would anybody from GDS be so kind as to comment?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42951" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think you've misread something; it is TEW2013 that is scheduled to be on Steam next, not TEW2016.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh, I must have misread indeed. Thank you for that correction.</p><p> </p><p> Nevertheless, may I ask you whether you are planning to enable transferring games one owns on E-license to Steam?</p>

As far as I know, GDS will try to continue the current system whereby there will be keys available to elicense users for a limited time after the Steam launch. We can't make any guarantees or comment further as it would be up to the Steam publisher, not us, and obviously any keys they do make available are a kindness on their part given that they have no connection to Elicense and so are actively losing potential income every time they give an elicense user a free key.

Archived