Game crashes, requires PC restart

AMD FX-9370

16 GB RAM

Windows 10 Pro

Steam version

I get about 2-3 hours of play time before the game becomes unresponsive. Unresponsive as in get up, grab some coffee, visit the bathroom, grab a bite to eat, watch a show on Netflix, and things are still stuck where they were.

Only way to kill it is via Task Manager, and even then it sometimes acts like it doesn't want to go peacefully. After killing it, I can't restart the game at all, and my system in general begins to act crazy, which after a while even results in explorer (the system, not the browser) crashing and restarting.

Restarting the computer was the only way to get the game and work. After a few days of this (I enjoy the game a lot logging almost 40 hours in the week), it reached the point where even after a restart, my system was still having issues with crashes - outside of and without even starting the game.

Uninstalling the game fixed everything that was going wrong. My system now works fine again.

I'm posting this here because Arlie mentioned it could be fixed, and I'd be down with that as I like the game. But I won't endanger my system overall, so it'll have to be a true fix that eliminates the crashing of the game, and doesn't introduce oddities into my system.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Arlie Rahn" data-cite="Arlie Rahn" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42985" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What error do you get when it crashes? (ie, runtime error 91)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There is no error.</p><p> </p><p> It simply locks up like I mentioned. I've walked away and given it up to 45 minutes before and it was still motionless. There was no visible error, to be seen anywhere. Alt-tabbing through screens doesn't show an error message box, it just locks up. When I kill the task, it just dies, no message.</p><p> </p><p> Then the oddities begin like I mentioned in the opening post. It's like the issue mentioned in <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533315." rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533315.</a> Specifically the part near the bottom that is posted by JoshMon1 where there is no mention of an actual error message.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Unless there is a specific location to find a dump file, I didn't see one inside the game directory anywhere.</p>

Archived