Run-Time 457

I bought the game last week on Steam while it was 50% off - probably badly over-paid!

- I have constant game crashes or freezes about once an hour requiring a complete PC reboot in order to restart the game.

- Within a year of game play, the save file will become corrupted and I'll have to copy the contents of the backup folder into save.

- Within another year of game play, the backup file will become corrupted too - and no matter what I do I get Run-time 457.

so... I delete out the saved games - restart a new league all over again...

Repeat all of the above! I've never yet been able to get past year three!

Strongly wanting to contact Steam for a complete refund for this POS.

I've tried all of the suggested fixes previously posted ... completely out of ideas on how to make this game stable enough to actually play

OK, this could be a couple things. My best guess is the game wasn't run in administrator mode and you couldn't properly write to the database. So, make sure you have local admin rights on your user and if you use a shortcut, make sure the "run as administrator" option is checked under properties.

Second, you could be running a bad mod. Do you get this error when running a save created by the game (without downloading a mod)?

OK, a runtime error 91 normally means not everything got installed properly. I would uninstall the game within Steam and then try to reinstall it. Sometimes controls don't properly register (esp ones that impact database access) and that causes this error. If that doesn't work, let me know and we can try a registry check. But normally you don't need to do that.

Archived