Does Anyone like my Idea?

So from the last few weeks I've been dabbling around with concept of a mod based around Shakespearean times with the concept of Shakespeare inventing Pro Wrestling, I have been writing backstory and planning what type of promotions and how Pro Wrestling in this save could have a major impact on world history and would create a fun and cool mod for TEW, for example the slave trade would impact wrestling and wrestling will impact it such as Black Workers starting to appear round the time of 1630 11 years after the start of slavery being used as a way of betting and eventually gaining a few stars and leading to a much earlier abolition of slavery with help of popular black babyfaces. Of course their would be backlash for this as their was in real life and as the founding of the KKK Wrestling 5 or so years after the abolition of slavery. I have many ideas for this save such as Broadcasters being Newspapers. As I said in this mod Shakespeare created Pro Wrestling which opens the idea of The Globe Theatre seen as Madison Square Garden of the time.

Note: TEW Does not allow any start dates be made before 1900 so I most likely will just put the dates as 2000's instead of 1000's.

I hope to hear what people think of my concept.

Edit: In case someone is reading this now, I'd like to apologise for not really grasping what my then 15 year old self was saying. I understand the problem now and am quite embarrassed tbh, about the y'know "racial" stuff. I actually made another post similar to this actually announcing the mod a few months later (http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539685), in the case of questioning I'll say this, I have no intention of continuing the mod. The mod was almost done but the laptop I was using at the time was terrible and I proceeded to flood it with viruses making it worse. I know it's weird explaining a near now 4 year old post, that didn't even get too much attention to begin with, but I recently went through the breaking of another computer and this popped into my mind and it really made me "cringe" for a lack of a better word. So yeah sorry

Guest skinsfan55
That sounds really interesting. There could be stage fights with or without weapons and their championship could be a sack of grain or something.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="skinsfan55" data-cite="skinsfan55" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43396" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That sounds really interesting. There could be stage fights with or without weapons and their championship could be a sack of grain or something.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I was thinking championships as Trophies and Plaques or just an actual belt</p>

I would never play it just to be honest. I hate racism with a passion. I honestly think it should be for history purposes only. Any form of racism in any other content should be against the law. It serves no purpose but to produce hate among people. I love how government always worrying about alcohol and violence influence on kids. What do you think is happening when those 5 year old innocent kids are watching racism on tv.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="drcat123" data-cite="drcat123" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43396" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I would never play it just to be honest. I hate racism with a passion. I honestly think it should be for history purposes only. Any form of racism in any other content should be against the law. It serves no purpose but to produce hate among people. I love how government always worrying about alcohol and violence influence on kids. What do you think is happening when those 5 year old innocent kids are watching racism on tv.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The mod does not promote racism it aims to create a fun mod with an alternate history to the world, at many points racism will be included in the mod as its a vital part of world history, you can't just clean wipe it out of existence. I aim for my mod to be fun and realistic it of course its going to be controversial with the flat out idea of KKK Wrestling and if a world like my mod's existed, it would most likely happen, for years in wrestling up to the 60's black wrestlers were not allowed to wrestle white wrestlers and when they were finally allowed to wrestle other races they were in almost every case a heel, it was so bad to the point where just like buses then, black people were not allowed to sit near or in better places than white people, an example of fighting against this this is Sputnick Monroe's story. Sputnick Monroe recognized whites sat in floor seats while blacks were required to sit in the balcony area, in a counter to this, Monroe began dressing up in a purple gown and carrying a diamond tipped cane and drinking in traditionally black bars in the black area of Memphis as a result of this he was frequently arrested by police on a variety of charges, such as mopery. He would then hire a black attorney and appear in court then pay his fines, and resume fraternizing with black citizens and drinking in their bars. Due to this, and in spite of the fact that he was a heel at the time, his popularity soared among the black community. At his shows, although floor seats in arenas would be half empty with white patrons, the balcony would be packed to capacity with black fans with many others unable to enter due to the balcony selling out. Sputnik Monroe having become the biggest wrestling draw at the time soon refused to perform unless black fans were allowed to sit in any seat at the Auditorium. As a result his wrestling shows were intergrated and the shows then sold out with Monroe's many black fans filling the auditorium. Soon other southern sporting events, recognizing the financial benefits began to as well. Many other stories such as Bobo Brazil's can be taken as an example as well, im not going to type it out for you, you can check it yourself. At the end of the day there will always be racists in the world and they may never go away so I simply won't change my mod because of this I hope you understand my point and if I do finish my mod (with the amount of work I have) I hope you give it a chance and enjoy it and if not, its your opinion and you're choice so entitled not wanting to play the mod.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="someguy82" data-cite="someguy82" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43396" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So from the last few weeks I've been dabbling around with concept of a mod based around Shakespearean times with the concept of Shakespeare inventing Pro Wrestling, I have been writing backstory and planning what type of promotions and how Pro Wrestling in this save could have a major impact on world history and would create a fun and cool mod for TEW, for example the slave trade would impact wrestling and wrestling will impact it such as Black Workers starting to appear round the time of 1630 11 years after the start of slavery being used as a way of betting and eventually gaining a few stars and leading to a much earlier abolition of slavery with help of popular black babyfaces. Of course their would be backlash for this as their was in real life and as the founding of the KKK Wrestling 5 or so years after the abolition of slavery. I have many ideas for this save such as Broadcasters being Newspapers. As I said in this mod Shakespeare created Pro Wrestling which opens the idea of The Globe Theatre seen as Madison Square Garden of the time.<p> </p><p> Note: TEW Does not allow any start dates be made before 1900 so I most likely will just put the dates as 2000's instead of 1000's.</p><p> </p><p> I hope to hear what people think of my concept.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Any relation to legendary guy on the internet, someguy827? He's one of my favorites. </p><p> </p><p> From a conceptual standpoint, I'm on board with Shakespeare inventing wrestling, and think a Stuart/Georgian England mod would gain converts quickly. You'd probably A) want to limit this <em>at least</em> to the 17th and 18th centuries and B) want to just cover Europe and the U.K. in this period. </p><p> </p><p> America is very much considered a backwater until at the earliest 1812. </p><p> Japan has no/limited contact with Europe outside of a few areas [Yokohama?]. Canada is a sparsely populated French province. You could have limited shows in Mexico, but its both sparsely populated and under Spanish control at this time. While these may be interesting in an expansion, there is no need to have these areas in the core mod. </p><p> </p><p> I'd focus on Western Europe, Southern England, Central England and The Mediterranian, with some importance saved for Eastern Europe, Central Europe, and Northern England. Foreign workers here would be rare. </p><p> </p><p> It's far too ambitious to plan 200 years+ of events, and even without the obvious issues that including a racist company causes, the game will struggle to support the features you want, and very few people will play a century+ of TEW. </p><p> </p><p> Hope I helped here. If I have some time in the Fall, I can help your project along a bit moroe.</p>

Guest skinsfan55
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="drcat123" data-cite="drcat123" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43396" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I would never play it just to be honest. I hate racism with a passion. I honestly think it should be for history purposes only. Any form of racism in any other content should be against the law. It serves no purpose but to produce hate among people. I love how government always worrying about alcohol and violence influence on kids. What do you think is happening when those 5 year old innocent kids are watching racism on tv.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you were trying to explain to someon what virtue signaling was, this post would sum it up. What does this have to do with racism? You literally just took any excuse to be like "hey guys, racism is bad and I don't like it." Of course racism is bad. What even is this?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="skinsfan55" data-cite="skinsfan55" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43396" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you were trying to explain to someon what virtue signaling was, this post would sum it up. What does this have to do with racism? You literally just took any excuse to be like "hey guys, racism is bad and I don't like it." Of course racism is bad. What even is this?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Personally, I think including a KKK-run promotion even in a historical mod is a step over the line. I'm neither here or there on this discussion. </p><p> </p><p> While I understand your point of view, this isn't the place for political discussion. <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13" rel="external nofollow">The argument really belongs in the off-topic board</a> -- I do think it is a discussion worth having. </p><p> </p><p> Adam does want to create a family-friendly environment here. While sometimes I think these policies can go overboard, there are other places to discuss it -- <a href="http://wrestlingnexus.com/forum/" rel="external nofollow">wrestlingnexus</a> is a lot more lenient, and is my preferred place to post -- sadly, it didn't catch on after it formed, but I think you'd be less likely to encounter censorship there. </p><p> </p><p> -KYE</p>

Guest skinsfan55

<p>Want to know the bad part? I only read half the original post before commenting.</p><p> </p><p>

:-\</p><p> </p><p>

The Shakespeare stuff seems interesting but the rest seems a bit over the line...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="skinsfan55" data-cite="skinsfan55" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43396" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Want to know the bad part? I only read half the original post before commenting.<p> </p><p> :-\</p><p> </p><p> The Shakespeare stuff seems interesting but the rest seems a bit over the line...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Don't worry about it-- stuff happens. </p><p> </p><p> To me, it's pretty clear what he was going for -- I think he wanted to simulate the struggles African-American baseball players faced in the 20th Century with professional wrestlers. It's a neat idea within itself. </p><p> </p><p> I don't think the game mechanics will support enough detail to simulate the civil rights movement in this way. With the "scandal" feature you do have an easier way to simulate public opinion of an individual or company.</p>

Don't worry about it-- stuff happens.

To me, it's pretty clear what he was going for -- I think he wanted to simulate the struggles African-American baseball players faced in the 20th Century with professional wrestlers. It's a neat idea within itself.

I don't think the game mechanics will support enough detail to simulate the civil rights movement in this way. With the "scandal" feature you do have an easier way to simulate public opinion of an individual or company.

okay so no KKK Wrestling I thought that was quite a good idea if I do finish it I'll edit it out

Any relation to legendary guy on the internet, someguy827? He's one of my favorites.

From a conceptual standpoint, I'm on board with Shakespeare inventing wrestling, and think a Stuart/Georgian England mod would gain converts quickly. You'd probably A) want to limit this at least to the 17th and 18th centuries and B) want to just cover Europe and the U.K. in this period.

America is very much considered a backwater until at the earliest 1812.

Japan has no/limited contact with Europe outside of a few areas [Yokohama?]. Canada is a sparsely populated French province. You could have limited shows in Mexico, but its both sparsely populated and under Spanish control at this time. While these may be interesting in an expansion, there is no need to have these areas in the core mod.

I'd focus on Western Europe, Southern England, Central England and The Mediterranian, with some importance saved for Eastern Europe, Central Europe, and Northern England. Foreign workers here would be rare.

It's far too ambitious to plan 200 years+ of events, and even without the obvious issues that including a racist company causes, the game will struggle to support the features you want, and very few people will play a century+ of TEW.

Hope I helped here. If I have some time in the Fall, I can help your project along a bit moroe.

thanks man for the advice just to say no relation to someguy287 I always liked the idea of expanding to America many oppurtunities, Aswell as the problem of a 200+ year 1. usually saves get corrupted by then 2. it will take too long, longest save ive ever had on a TEW game was 24 years thanks for the advice and if you want take on the project of all means as I'm pretty sure I won't finish it if you do just credit me for the idea thats all I ask

Yes you can bring your mod over to Nexus. We no problem hosting it. Yes I like your idea, what I suggest you do if you want to try an tackle the whole 400 years of history is make a series of it. So this one gets you base database to start with and as you go on you can add or subtract as the series goes on.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="alvarasus" data-cite="alvarasus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43396" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes you can bring your mod over to Nexus. We no problem hosting it. Yes I like your idea, what I suggest you do if you want to try an tackle the whole 400 years of history is make a series of it. So this one gets you base database to start with and as you go on you can add or subtract as the series goes on.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> All right then sounds cool</p>

Archived