SoCal on the Rocks - 2017 Draft Diary

In 2017 a new idea emerged. A regulated pro-wrestling injury. When seven new federations sprung into existence overnight, all promising insurance and real benefits to wrestlers. For most of them, it was a no brainer, and the existing feds rapidly found their rosters collapsing. Even long time insiders like Shane and Stephanie McMahon jumped ship once it was clear which way the wind was blowing. By the end, the old guard vanished. Japan and Mexico could not afford to compete and were left without home based companies. Only five American and two UK feds remained. This, is the story of one of them.

(it's been a while, I thought I'd try another diary)

DRAFT RESULTS

<p>T-minus 28 days</p><p> </p><p>

socalwrestling.com</p><p> </p><p>

Hi everyone, I'm Michael Cole. And from this day forward, I'm going to be the voice of SoCal Wrestling. Not only that, but I have the pleasure of reuniting with my old pal Taz to call all the action.</p><p> </p><p>

And believe me, there will be action. SoCal doesn't insult your intelligence by labeling people as "babyfaces" and "heels." Everyone on this roster had better be prepared to fight any other member of the roster. And women are no exception. If women want to be called wrestlers, and treated as wrestlers, then wrestlers they will be.</p><p> </p><p>

You're going to see some of your favorites in SoCal. You're also going to see some amazing wrestlers from other parts of the world. But most of all, you are going to see fights. </p><p> </p><p>

This is not a comedy show. You will not see wrestling garbage men or baby on a pole matches. </p><p> </p><p>

In just four weeks, catch the new wave in wrestling.</p>

T-minus 14 Days

socalwrestling.com

<Spanish with subtitles>

If you don't know me, I'm Konnan. And if you don't know me, you will.

I own SoCal Wrestling. It's not SCW. It will never be SCW. Just call us SoCal.

I drafted the best stars in the business and I'm going to let them fight. The cream is going to rise to the top and the bovine excrement won't last.

You just might see The Undertaker fight Ronda Rousey. You just might see Beer Money versus LAX. And you just might see CM Punk take on Robert Roode. You never know.

So contact your local cable provider and find out how to order our programs on InDemand. In Mexico, we're on Canal 5.

Join us by the beach, and catch the new wave.

<p>SoCal Best Coast, March 2017, Week 1</p><p> </p><p>

Dick Dayle’s Misirilou opens the show. </p><p> </p><p>

COLE: We are live from Horton Fieldhouse. I’m Michael Cole, with me is Taz.</p><p> </p><p>

TAZ: Great to see you, brother.</p><p> </p><p>

COLE: This is SoCal Wrestling and you’re going to see big stars, big action and big drama!</p><p> </p><p>

A burst of fire explodes from around the entrance stage and the massive CalTron screen. The ring announcer introduces…</p><p> </p><p>

Glen Jacobs! He strides to the ring, but before he can speak new music hits and he is interrupted by Konnan, Hernandez and Homicide, LAX.</p><p> </p><p>

KONAN: Jacobs, you think you’re bad enough to just walk out and open MY show! I’m the owner! I’m the booker! You come out when I tell you. And if you don’t, you answer to the baddest guys in the barrio, LAX!</p><p> </p><p>

The lights go out.</p><p> </p><p>

A gong peals.</p><p> </p><p>

The lights come back and The Undertaker stands beside his brother in the ring. Konan waves his arm at both of them and signals his minions to depart.</p><p> </p><p>

COMMERICAL</p><p> </p><p>

The next match is revealed to be for the SoCal Fortunate One title. It’s a five-way match between Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, Heath Miller, Rhino and Ricky Banderas.</p><p> </p><p>

COLE: An interesting mix of competitors. Two tag teams, The Addiction as well as Miller and Rhino. Ricky Banderas is the odd man out.</p><p> </p><p>

TAZ: There’s only going to be one winner. In the end, it’s every man for himself.</p><p> </p><p>

It’s a fast paced match with all the workers looking to steal the show with the first SoCal match ever. The tag teams do work together. At the end, Kazarian accidentally hits Daniels with a crossbody off the top rope that was meant for Rhino. Rhino takes Kazarian down with a Gore, then Banderas with another one. But before Rhino can take advantage, Miller pins Kazarian to steal the win and the title!</p><p> </p><p>

TAZ: I can't believe it. Heath Miller just won a title.</p><p> </p><p>

COLE: The first champion in SoCal history! No one will ever be able to take it away from him.</p><p> </p><p>

COMMERCIAL</p><p> </p><p>

CM Punk is on the stage with his wife AJ Lee.</p><p> </p><p>

PUNK: People talk about “it couples” in this industry. Some of them are pretty sad examples. Well we’re here to tell you we are the real it couple in professional wrestling.</p><p> </p><p>

AJ is about to speak, when Bobby Lashley interrupts.</p><p> </p><p>

LASHLEY: Punk, you may think you can walk in here and be a star again. But I am a master of MMA and you lasted what? A minute? I’m making it my business to take you down.</p><p> </p><p>

LEE: How dare you interrupt us? And how dare you step up to both of us, alone.</p><p> </p><p>

“Time to Rock ‘n Roll” plays as Trish Stratus joins the party.</p><p> </p><p>

STRATUS: He’s not alone. And I have something to tell the world. I am back. And I’m not a diva, I’m wrestler!</p><p> </p><p>

Punk and AJ do not look happy.</p><p> </p><p>

LASHLEY: So Punk, if that is your real name, what say you and I make history, as the first main event in SoCal Wrestling?</p><p> </p><p>

AJ tries to convince Punk to decline.</p><p> </p><p>

PUNK: If it will shut you up, sure!</p><p> </p><p>

Up next, two brand new tag teams face off. One, Dustin Rhodes and ‘Johnny The Bull’ Stamboli have teamed in the past. The other team is two Japanese stars, united for the first time. Hiroshi Tanahashi and Naomichi Marufuji promise to be a formidable team. It’s a back and forth match. In the end Tanahashi pulls out a win over The Bull and the pair are off to a good start.</p><p> </p><p>

COMMERICAL</p><p> </p><p>

Another match is next, as Jay Lethal takes on PJ Black. It’s a decent match; Lethal proves the better man.</p><p> </p><p>

Rey Mysterio appears on the CalTron. </p><p> </p><p>

MYSTERIO: Congrats, Jay. But something about you bugs me. You say you are the greatest first generation wrestler of all time. Well, that puts you ahead of a lot of guys. That puts you ahead of Ric Flair.</p><p> </p><p>

The crowd launches into “woo”s.</p><p> </p><p>

MYSTERIO: That puts you ahead of Hulk Hogan. That puts you ahead of Andre the Giant. Sorry, I don’t agree. So I figure this second generation wrestler, had better teach a first generation wrestler a little respect.</p><p> </p><p>

Aaron Stevens is in the ring.</p><p> </p><p>

STEVENS: Today I am swearing a vow. I vow not to be overlooked, mishandled, poorly packaged, or made a joke of. Give me three months, and I will be running this place.</p><p> </p><p>

Music: Weellllllllllllllllllll, well it’s the Big Show.</p><p> </p><p>

Show comes out to the entrance ramp and the two stare each other down, neither flinching. It’s not until Konnan comes on the Tron and asks them politely to let him move on with the show that they leave, in opposite directions.</p><p> </p><p>

Next, Dos Caras Jr. takes on Cheerleader Melissa. Caras gets the win and Melissa has a tantrum after the match.</p><p> </p><p>

James Storm takes on Doug Williams. It’s a competive match, but when Storm hits the Superkick and looks to win, Nick Aldis runs in and attacks him, giving him a DQ win. Williams and Aldis beat Storm down until Bobby Roode runs out with a steel chair and runs the pair off!</p><p> </p><p>

COLE: It’s Beer Money! They’ve reunited.</p><p> </p><p>

TAZ: Don’t forget, Aldis and Williams have teamed before too, as The British Invasion.</p><p> </p><p>

COLE: Just how deep will our tag team division be?</p><p> </p><p>

TAZ: A lot deeper when you don’t do something stupid like have two brands.</p><p> </p><p>

Silas young comes to the stage.</p><p> </p><p>

YOUNG: For years I’ve been looking for a real man to form a tag team with. Now that I’m here in Socal, I realize what I really needed, was a real woman. </p><p> </p><p>

Out comes Ronda Rousey!</p><p> </p><p>

Before she can speak, Gail Kim interrupts. Rousey doesn’t let her talk.</p><p> </p><p>

ROUSEY: Oh great. Some washed up former star who thinks she’s still relevant. Go away before I beat you down.</p><p> </p><p>

KIM: Oh I’m not going away, not until I introduce you to my new tag team partner.</p><p> </p><p>

Out comes Awesome Kong!</p><p> </p><p>

KIM: The team of Kim Kong is here and we’re just waiting for Konnan to declare the first tag championship match. Because we want to be in it.</p><p> </p><p>

SILAS: You think either of you can beat Ronda Rousey.</p><p> </p><p>

KIM: I bet Kong here you beat you.</p><p> </p><p>

YOUNG: You’re on.</p><p> </p><p>

The match begins. Young toys with Kong, showing major disrespect. When she’s finally had enough she hits him with a Sit-Out Powerbomb for the win.</p><p> </p><p>

COLE: It’s time for our main event.</p><p> </p><p>

CM Punk and Lashley have a 19-minute match that more than satisfies the crowd. It’s back and forth all night with both men working towards submission victory. In the end, Punk manages to distract the ref while AJ Lee clocks Lashley with the ring bell. Punk locks on an Anaconda Vice and, although Lashley refuses to tap, he eventually passes out and Punk is declared the winner.</p>

<p>COLE: Good evening wrestling fans, we welcome you to SoCal Wrestling. We have a huge main event tonight as CM Punk takes on Rey Mysterio.</p><p> </p><p>

TAZ: Oh man, is that going to be a fight.</p><p> </p><p>

COLE: Let’s get to the action. Last week Heath Miller came out on top of a five-way match to win the SoCal Fortunate Son Championship. Tonight, he teams with Rhino to take on The Addiction.</p><p> </p><p>

TAZ: As we head into March of Time at the end of the month, every win could position you to challenge for titles or main event the card for a big money payout.</p><p> </p><p>

The teams go all out to open the show strong. Rhino wrestles the early part of the match, looking strong. In the end though, Slater ends up taking the fall to Christopher Daniels.</p><p> </p><p>

COLE: Daniels just pinned the Fortunate Son champion. You have to think that puts him in title contention.</p><p> </p><p>

As Rhino and Heath console each other, Ricky Banderas appears on the entrance ramp, staring at the champion.</p><p> </p><p>

Paul Wight and PJ Black have a match. Black tries valiantly, but the giant proves too much for him and a Chokeslam ends it. </p><p> </p><p>

Glenn Jacobs and The Undertaker are backstage.</p><p> </p><p>

UNDERTAKER: Konnan, you may own this federation. But it’s still my yard. Glen and I may not really be brothers, but we’re one of the baddest tag teams of all time. You think your little soldiers can take us down?</p><p> </p><p>

JACOBS: You’re dead wrong.</p><p> </p><p>

Back in the ring, Aaron Stevens takes on the debuting Ryan Drago.</p><p> </p><p>

TAZ: That guy doesn’t have to pretend to be a time traveler anymore, why does he still have that stupid mustache? </p><p> </p><p>

The match is fairly short and Stevens picks up the win after a rollup with a handful of tights. Stevens looks smug as he takes a microphone.</p><p> </p><p>

STEVENS: Hey Paul Blight. Why don’t you retire and stop embarrassing yourself. Guys like me are the future, not broken down shells like you. Retire. Or I’ll retire you.</p><p> </p><p>

An eight-man tag follows. False Idols and Beer Money join forces against the international squad of The British Invasion and Rising Suns. It’s a highly competitive match with a lot of exciting action, Roode gets the win over Tanahashi.</p><p> </p><p>

COLE: You have to assume there are going to be tag belts in this federation, and it looks like there are going to be a lot of teams vying for them.</p><p> </p><p>

Backstage, Jay Lethal and Rey Mysterio brawl. Security have to pull them apart.</p><p> </p><p>

Up next, Ronda Rousey and Gail Kim square off. It’s an open match, and only the interference of Silas Young gives Rousey the win.</p><p> </p><p>

The Perfect Couple (AJ Lee and CM Punk) are in the ring.</p><p> </p><p>

PUNK: Tonight, in the main event, I beat Rey Mysterio. And I take one more step to proving I am the man to beat in this company. With my wife and tag team partner at my side-</p><p> </p><p>

Lashley and Trish Stratus interrupt.</p><p> </p><p>

LASHLEY: You think you’re the man to beat around here? Ok, I’ll beat you. She’ll beat you. Michael Cole will beat you.</p><p> </p><p>

COLE: Hey! I have a good in-ring record.</p><p> </p><p>

LASHLEY: The hot dog guy will beat you. Whoever needs to beat you to make you shut up will beat you. </p><p> </p><p>

PUNK: I’m going to be champion.</p><p> </p><p>

LEE: Or I am.</p><p> </p><p>

Punk looks at her surprised, then quickly looks back before she notices.</p><p> </p><p>

PUNK: Right.</p><p> </p><p>

LASHLEY: Over my dead body.</p><p> </p><p>

PUNK: Suit yourself.</p><p> </p><p>

Backstage, Gail Kim puts two cardboard cut-outs of Ronda Rousey and Silas Young next to Awesome Kong. </p><p> </p><p>

KIM: They’re mocking you Kong. They think you’re washed up. What are you going to do about it.</p><p> </p><p>

Kong grabs the cut-outs and rips them to shreds.</p><p> </p><p>

KIM: Right, next time it’ll be the “real” thing.</p><p> </p><p>

In the boss’s office, Konnan addresses LAX.</p><p> </p><p>

KONNAN: We need to take control around here. Hernandez, I want you to go out there and kick Dos Caras Jr.’s ass. Then we can think about tag team action.</p><p> </p><p>

Hernandez and Homicide nod.</p><p> </p><p>

Hernandez does face off against Dos Caras Jr. But he ends up on the losing end of the fight after he’s distracted by the observing Cheerleader Melissa.</p><p> </p><p>

In the main event, CM Punk tangles with Rey Mysterio. Lashley observes at ringside. It’s an epic match, possibly the best of the company’s short history. After dozens of near finishes, Punk hits a third Go To Sleep to take the win. Lashley gives a sarcastic clap, then walks away.</p>

SoCal Best Coast

Week 3, March

The show opens with Konnan and LAX in the ring.

KONNAN: Tonight SoCal starts a tournament to determine the first ever SoCal Beach Buddies champions. Eight teams compete in four matches tonight. And he winners will go on to TCW March of Time in a four-way match to become the first ever champions. Those teams are, my boys, LAX, Kim Kong, The British Invasion, Slater and Rhino, False Idols, The Addiction, Beer Money and one surprise team I’ll announce later tonight. I’d wish you all good luck, but I only want good luck for my team.

The lights go out and there is the peal of a gong, followed by flames bursting from the sides of the stage. When the lights come back up, The Brothers of Destruction stand on the ramp.

UNDERTAKER: Leaving us out of this tournament, will have grave consequences.

The lights go out and they vanish again.

LAX and Kim Kong open the tournament.

Backstage, the tag Team known as Real, Silas Young and Ronda Rousey address a camera.

ROUSEY: You know Gail, you and your trained monkey should never have stepped up to us. I am the most dangerous unarmed woman in the world and with a real man at my side-

YOUNG: You heard her!

ROUSEY: We can take you two down easily. And we will, then we’re going on to win those tag titles from whoever wins this stupid tournament.

YOUNG: A tournament we should have been in.

ROUSEY: But what’s most important is that you didn’t win them, losers.

COLE: Folks, Ryan Drago has challenged Aaron Stevens to a rematch.

TAZ: I think that’s a mistake. When a guy has your number you need to do some research on him if you hope to beat him. And a week just isn’t enough time for that.

Stevens toys with Drago at first, trying to humiliate him before he beats him. But when Drago traps him in a Single-Leg Boston Crab, and Stevens barely makes the ropes, he turns serious. A Springboard Dropkick gives Stevens an opening for a Flying Elbow and he just pulls out a 1, 2, 3.

As Drago makes his way back up the ramp, Big Show’s music hits and the giant comes out. Staring a hole in Stevens, Show punches out Drago on the ramp. He glares back at Stevens and the microphones pick him up.

BIG SHOW: I’m better than you.

AJ Lee faces Trish Stratus.

TAZ: This is a dream match you can only see in SoCal Wrestling.

Trish shows no signs of ever losing a step as she and AJ go to war. Trish is able to escape the Black Widow by reaching the ropes. At last, Trish catches AJ with a Chick Kick. Before she can pin AJ, the CalTron comes to life. On it, CM Punk is backstage destroying Lashley with a steel chair. The distraction gives AJ time to recover and roll Trish up from behind. AJ immediately bails from the ring as Punk walks away from the barely moving Lashley.

COLE: Up next, another tag team tournament match.

It’s Rhino and Heath Miller against The British Invasion. Aldis and Williams isolate Miller and use submission move after punishing submission move to try to force a tap out. Miller manages to escape move after move and finally makes the hot tag to Rhino. Rhino gores both his opponents and pins Aldis to advance.

A non-tournament tag match follows immediately as False Idols (Dustin Rhodes and Johnny the Bull) face The Addiction.

COLE: We’ve got some real veterans in the ring here.

TAZ: These guys are crafty. Sometimes you don’t have to outwrestle your opponent; you just have to outthink them.

The Addiction start out in control, their chemistry and experience edge keeps them ahead. It’s not until Ricky Banderas interferes while the ref is distracted, takes out Kazarian then flees, that Rhodes is able to pin Daniels after a Bionic Elbow, a tribute to his late father.

Dos Caras Jr is backstage.

CARAS: I do not dislike women in wrestling. I do not dislike women challenging men. Cheerleader Melissa, I dislike you. Because you, are not a wrestler. You proudly proclaim you are a Cheerleader. That’s just one step up from a mark. Why don’t you get your manager’s license, find a meal ticket, and spare yourself the many humiliating defeats you have to come?

Ricky Banderas takes on PJ Black. Black brings all his high risk aerial moves but, when Banderas catches him off a Crossbody attempt and Powerslams him. The crowd chants for another and Banderas obliges. They keep chanting and Banderas hits a third before the referee calls the match and orders Banderas to release the limp Black.

Rey Mysterio and Jay Lethal are in Konnan’s office.

LETHAL: Why did you call us here? We can’t stand each other.

MYSTERIO: That’s something we can agree on.

KONNAN: That’s too bad. Because I promised the fans a brand new tag team would compete in the main event tonight, and you two are it.

LETHAL: What?

MYSTERIO: No way.

KONNAN: You do, or you spend the next month off the air doing road promos.

Lethal storms out.

MYSTERIO: When, not if, this goes south, I’m holding you responsible.

COLE: Folks the third of four matches in tonight’s tag team tournament is up next. It’s Real versus Rising Suns.

TAZ: So that leaves Beer Money versus two guys who hate each other. Let me tell you something, I’ve won tag belts with guys I’ve hated. Do not count these two out.

Silas Young and Ronda Rousey seem like they are trying to impress each other. They tag frequently. They go for big moves, but Ronda has a better success rate. Rising Suns put up a fight, but Rousey catches Naomichi Marufuji in an armbar and forces a tap out.

TAZ: That’s our third team; who will be the fourth?

Cheerleader Melissa has a microphone backstage.

MELISSA: I’m not a wrestler? I’m not a wrestler? I’m not a wrestler?! I’M NOT A WRESTLER?!!!

She spits on the ground.

MELISSA: Dos Caras, if I’m not a wrestler, you’ll have no problem facing me at March of Time. It will be an easy winner’s purse. You think. You hope. You’re wrong.

COLE: What a main event we have, Beer Money versus Jay Lethal and Rey Mysterio.

TAZ: Lethal and Mysterio have to focus. They have to try to win this match and settle their differences before they challenge for the title at March of Time.

Lethal and Storm start and Lethal dominates the early match. Rey keeps calling for a tag but Lethal ignores him. Beer Money make a comeback and Lethal tags out after five straight minutes in the ring. Rey comes in fresh and hits a string of big, flashy moves. Unfortunately, he misses one and Beer Money take over. They cut off the ring and beat on Rey for almost ten minutes. Rey finally manages a big Enziguiri that gives him an opening. He dives for the tag – and Lethal drops off the apron, waves goodbye and walks away.

COLE: So much for them working together.

Rey doesn’t give up. He fights on valiantly for minute after minute and even manages a double 619 on both his foes. Eventually, the numbers game and repeated double-team moves catch up to Rey and a James Storm Superkick sets Mysterio up for Roodes to hit a T-Bone Suplex for the win.

COLE: There you have it folks, the field is set for the four-team match at March of Time.

TAZ: Now we just need a singles title.

COLE: Good night all.

• 4 weeks later...

(Sorry for the long delay, life stuff, please enjoy the 4th episode, the go home show before March of Time)

Week 4, March 2017

COLE: Welcome to SoCal Wrestling where we welcome, Lord Steven Regal to the announce desk.

REGAL: Great to be here, Michael.

TAZ: You can help me class up this joint.

COLE: Tonight, four members of the tag teams that will compete for the titles at March of Time face off in singles action.

TAZ: And that action starts now!

Homicide, Rhino, Robert Roode and Silas Young represent their teams in a fatal fourway match. Roode puts on a great performance, but after a Glorious DDT on Homicide, Rhino blind tags in and steals the pin.

REGAL: Some days you don’t have to be the best, just the cleverest.

Dos Caras Jr is backstage.

CARAS: Melissa, Melissa, Melissa… when will you learn? When will you accept that you are simply not in my league? I suppose if you will not learn, you must be taught. So if you want to challenge me, I will take you to school. At March of Time, make sure your health insurance hasn’t been cancelled.

The ring is set up for a talk show. Your host? Aaron Stevens.

STEVENS: Hello and welcome to “Even Stevens” the only fair and balanced talk show in all of wrestling today. My guest tonight is a member of the defunct WWE Hall of Fame and, until recently, was blissfully enjoying retirement. I’m sure we all want to know why. Please welcome, Trish Stratus.

Trish comes to the ring.

STEVENS: So Trish, the big question on everyone’s mind is, why did you come back?

Before she can speak AJ Lee’s music hits. Both AJ and CM Punk come out.

AJ LEE: She came back to lose to me. To be humiliated by me. To pass the torch to me. To-

STRATUS: Shut your mouth. You talk and talk and talk and talk. Meanwhile, Lashley and I actually worry about ourselves and our success.

STEVENS: Funny you should mention. I was going to drop some big news, a scoop if you will, on the crowd tonight. You see I’ve learned that, at March of Time, we will crown the Big Kahuna around here. And I also know the match to determine that champion, will be between CM Punk, and Lashley!

Back from break, King Kong takes on the Rising Suns. The Japanese stars put on an incredible display of skill, but Kong simply traps Marufuji in a Bear Hug and squeezes the life out of him until he passes out.

As they celebrate, Real (Silas Young and Ronda Rousey) appear on the CalTron.

YOUNG: Well lookie here, the blind squirrel found a nut.

ROUSEY: Yeah, they beat somebody. Not sure exactly who it was, but they beat someone.

YOUNG: Well don’t expect a winning streak. Because at March of Time it turns out we’ll be facing each other. So be ready to be back among the ranks of the losers again.

The Addiction are in the ring.

KAZARIAN: We want to know one thing. Why weren’t we in the tag team tournament?

Konnan appears on the CalTron.

KONNAN: Look homes, you are both great wrestlers. So if you want some action you get it, right now, against each other!

The match begins and it’s as even as you can get. Both men know each other so well they counter counters to each other’s counters. Finally, Kazarian manages a big DDT. Before he can cover, Ricky Banderas’s music hits and he appears on the ramp. The distraction allows Daniels to hit a Dropkick to set up the Best Moonsault Ever for the 1-2-3.

Aaron Stevens is backstage with an interviewer.

STEVENS: I understand The Big Show is holding an open challenge tonight, no doubt trying to goad me into fighting him. It won’t work, old man. I’ll fight you when I say and when I’m paid. Maybe it will be at March of Time. You’ll just have to show up and see.

In the ring, Paul Wight awaits a challenger. It is answered by free agent wrestler BJ Whitmer. Whitmer proves little challenge to The Big Show. He’s tossed around, beaten on and knocked out around the five minute mark.

Cheerleader Melissa is backstage, she calls Dos Caras Jr. better looking with his mask on. She tells him if he’s so tough he won’t mind if their match at March of Time will be no disqualification.

The next match is AJ Lee versus Ryan Drago. Though AJ is not used to fighting men she is able to hold her own quite well. In the end though, she uses a can of hairspray to blind Drago while the ref is down, then kicks him in the balls and revives the ref to count the three.

The British Invasion (Doug Williams and Nick Aldis) tell Beer Money they are going to need a lot of beer when they lose the titles and all the money that goes with it.

They proceed to face False Idols (Dustin Rhodes and Johnny the Bull) in a tag match. Both teams show experience even after not working together much in the recent years. Rhodes ends up isolated for much of the match. The Bull gets the hot tag and cleans house for a couple of minutes before he gets caught by a double team move and ends up getting pinned.

Konnan is in the ring. He tells The Brothers of Destruction (Undertaker and Kane) he’s had it with their disrespect. The lights go out for half a minute and, when they come back on, The Brothers are in the ring. Homicide and Hernandez immediately move to protect el jefe. A Mexican standoff results. Konnan calls LAX off and the trio leave the arena. Kane’s pyro goes off in the ring and the two pose for the crowd.

Meanwhile, backstage Lashley is having a coffee when he hears a woman crying for help. He runs off to check what’s going on, only to walk into an ambush. CM Punk attacks him with a chair, taking him down. Then he and AJ stomp on him until Punk drives the butt of the chair into the small of Lashley’s back. The two walk off laughing.

The main event is Jay Lethal vs. James Storm. It’s an open, back and forth, affair. Lethal tries to turn the match into a standing brawl, but Lethal uses his speed to stick and move and hit some flashy moves. When he catches Storm with a Lethal Injection it looks like it’s going to be over. But pyro goes off and Rey Mysterio comes to the ring. It’s a classic distraction move and Storm takes full advantage to land a superkick and take Lethal down.

Archived