Rookie Error- From Regional to Cult and losing money left, right and centre!

Oh dear...

I got way too excited whilst playing my 1983 mod as South Eastern Championship Wrestling and couldn't wait to go to 'cult' when finally given the option some 18 months into the game.

Little did I know tat after building up a steady profit from day 1, I would see all my money dwindle away within a matter of a few months.

I've tried everything, from hiring enough talent to written deals to run house shows (all low card guys) to only running in my home territory. I've thought about cutting back on production costs as well.

I seem to be doing ok with my tv ratings and tv deals, but I'm going to go bust real soon.

The only reason I went to cult was so I could sign my top guys (Barry Windham & Terry Funk) to written deals as everyone else on my roster was being picked off by Mid Atlantic and WWF.

Any advice for a newbie? I can see Ron Fuller's South Eastern sinking quicker than The Shockmaster's push!

<p>In your situation your saving grace is getting a PPV deal and fast, but I think an '83 mod wouldn't have PPV available until a few years in.</p><p> </p><p>

The other things you can try is to stay away from written contracts, don't up your production costs, hurry up and build cult level pop in other regions if they are low.</p><p> </p><p>

The hot but painstaking fix is running more shows on a commercial network. You can't realistically survive low cult running less than 5 shows a month.</p>

Archived