Setting up a child company

Not sure if this has been answered before - it's likely.

I know how to set up a child company (owner, booker, etc). But what I'm not sure about is this:

Can you have a "start date" for the company? What I mean is, I'm hiring a lot of guys and sending them down for development, and playing as USPW I will have them show the events on Reverie. But is there a way for their first show to be the event I am setting up for them at the end of the month? Or will they start running events as soon as they have enough workers?

You are opening the company to run events. They will run events as soon as they can. You can set the events so you can have them do the monthly event on a certain day by creating. But you can't really prevent them, unless you set them as a Developmental Territory and don't assign them the talent they need to actually run a show.

That's a good point, arwink. You might be able to "game" the company. If you set up an event for the end of the month, then the day before they run that event, you move it to earlier in the month (which is already past), the AI shouldn't create an event that month to compensate.

What I am trying to avoid - merely for cosmetic purposes - is for the first big event I schedule for them (end of month) on Reverie to be the first show they run. If it doesn't work out it's no big deal.

Set an event for the last day of the month, then on the last day, reschedule it for earlier in the month. That should keep your child promotion event free.

Or, if the main concern is that its not first, give the child company a short weekly show in the lead uo.

Archived