National Wrestling Alliance: Sold (2017 and Beyond)

2016 was arguably the best in recent memory for Professional Wrestling. The continued growth of online and streaming technologies made more companies than ever able to broadcast their shows to fans across the globe. Most everyone in the business felt that 2016 was a boom year, that is except for one man.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/deathmatch/images/9/9a/Billy_Corgan.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140626204202

One man who felt shunned and rejected by the industry that he so desperately wanted to be accepted by. A man who thought he had a play that would put him in charge of America’s number two brand, Impact! Wrestling. Instead, Billy Corgan found himself staring at a $2.4 million dollar refund check. The check bought out his shares of Impact! Wrestling and a also paid back owed debts for financing many of the shows in 2016.

Now staring at this check Corgan knew he had to find another path in. He’d explored starting a company from scratch with no name recognition, no stars, just creative vision and a dream. He looked into joining the team at Ring Of Honor. He even reached out to Vince McMahon to see about joining the creative team. Ultimately, Billy Corgan reached out to Bruce Tharpe, a lawyer turned wrestling entrepreneur who snatched the name and rights to the National Wrestling Alliance out of thin air in the 2000’s and sporadically attempted to make the brand relevant again. Throughout the early part of 2017, Corgan and Tharpe had discussions about the brand, and in April of 2017 Billy Corgan was announced as the new President/CEO of the National Wrestling Alliance.

http://www.1wrestling.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/nwa.bmp

Though the announcement was made in late April, work had been going on in the background to help start this process. Within a week of the announcement Corgan announced the first show would come to you live from the Chicago Theatre in late May. He also announced that the National Wrestling Alliance was officially active again and while his NWA would be the “premier” brand, they would develop relationships all over the world, with the top independent brands, to create a strong alliance with strong champions who could carry the brand-name anywhere.

In announcing the deal Corgan also announced that the brand had formed partnerships in America representing the West Coast with Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, representing the South, Smoky Mountain Wrestling, and representing the Tri-State area, indy darling, Ring of Honor. In Canada Corgan announced that SMASH Wrestling was a partner. In Japan the new NWA had established a partnership with ZERO1. And in Britain, Corgan announced that the North would be represented by PROGRESS and the South would be represented by WCPW. All told the initial alliance represented eight strong brands. The National Wrestling Alliance brand meanwhile would represent a standalone company but also a partner. The alliance would have three shared titles, The NWA’s most famous title, The NWA World Heavyweight Title would officially be carried by the brand. Joining it would be the NWA British Commonwealth Title and the NWA World Tag Team titles. Beyond that the NWA would establish its own NWA North American Title to act as a non-alliance belt.

Billy Corgan also announced that the NWA would start as a hybrid company, it would air a weekly “TV” show through Hybrid Entertainment TV, this show would be taped live during events the NWA would host over the first few months of its existence. This would allow live audiences to see what happened live and allow fans to follow along with a weekly format. They would also have a “PPV” style show every 6-8 weeks that would wrap all the stories up and be available live.

OOC: Really like exploring different aspects of this game. Was having fun with my previous saves but found myself wanting a different challenge. The true story of Corgan purchasing the NWA is my inspiration. Beyond that, I wanted to make a format that was simple and easy to follow but openly not flashy. I’ve found myself drawn to various diaries over the last however many years I’ve been playing this game. One thing I’ve found recently is that I really enjoy the short recap style that leads into a larger more written out PPV. I will never be that guy who is writing in-depth match summaries but this is intended to be fun and a place for me to share my stories. I was partially inspired by the way Ring of Honor does things, you can watch the weekly show online or order the sporadic PPVs and I will be emulating that here. I haven’t quite worked out a schedule or frankly a plan and while I realize you can’t emulate this fully in TEW, I’ll give it a shot… afterall it is just a game. Enjoy!

I'll be posting the first series of shows, if anyone likes the style/hates the style, feel free to let me know.

<p>NWA TV Weeks 1 and 2 Recap</p><p> </p><p> The <strong>National Wrestling Alliance</strong> announces the <em><strong>REBIRTH</strong></em>, live May 15, 2017 from the Chicago Theater. To prepare the fans for the show, the NWA has released limited notes on the first ever, live event and subsequent TV taping that will take place during the event. The fans there live will be able to see it live, and fans internationally will be able to watch it during the premiere episode during the first week of June via Hybrid Entertainment TV. Subsequently there will be a new episode every week. <strong>Mauro Ranallo</strong> and <strong>Taz</strong> have signed on as the commentary crew. <strong>Billy Corgan</strong> has announced he’ll be on the first show but then take on a behind-the-scenes creative role beyond that and at the first show they’ll be introducing a Director of Authority to be the face of authority. We can also confirm that <strong>Jay Lethal</strong> and <strong>Shelton Benjamin</strong> will face each other in the Main Event. Beyond that Corgan will only confirm that there will be plenty of familiar faces, including former World Champions.</p><p> </p><p> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <strong>NWA Week 1 TV Recap (Aired, June Week 1, 2017, filmed May Week 2, 2017)</strong></p><p> <em>Taped at the Chicago Auditorium</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Taz</strong> welcomes us to the new National Wrestling Alliance, he calls out <strong>Billy Corgan</strong> who comes out to say this is about the fans, and this isn’t about him. He’ll have a behind the scenes role, but won’t be a prominent character here. He says that he is pleased to have Taz as the Colour Commentator and is honored to introduce <strong>Mauro Ranallo</strong> as the Play-by-Play guy. Mauro comes out to a great ovation. He thanks the crowd and he and Taz head to the booth, which is located to the left of the ring. </p><p> </p><p> Corgan now alone in the ring says he has one more surprise. He wanted the NWA to be represented by someone who was well-known to NWA fans of the past, the new DIRECTOR OF AUTHORITY, <strong>RICKY “The Dragon” STEAMBOAT</strong>. </p><p> </p><p> Steamboat comes down to a nice applause and thanks the fans. He says this about bringing the NWA back to prominence. He mentions the new alliance, the titles and the rest of what we to know before finishing with a simple statement that tonight the fans will see some phenomenal wrestling from the worlds best stars and the fans will know many if not most of them!</p><p> </p><p> Taz and Mauro do some announce work for the TV fans and mention that tonight’s episode will feature a 15-man battle royal and the Main Event between Jay Lethal and Shelton Benjamin. The battle royal will kick the show off.</p><p> </p><p> The battle royal introduced us to the first 15 men we’d see in the NWA. </p><p> In no order: <em>Amazing Red, Bobby Fish, Caprice Coleman, Jesse White, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenny King, Lio Rush, Marty Scurll, Matt Cross, Naomichi Marufuji, Paul London, Rob Terry, Ryan Nemeth, Shane Strickland, Shannon Moore</em>, </p><p> This was a surprisingly solid start to the brand. <strong>Marty Scurll</strong> won the match, last eliminating <strong>Bobby Fish. Paul London and Rob Terry</strong> represented the other finalists.</p><p> </p><p> A promo aired announcing <strong>Rene Dupree</strong> for next taping</p><p> </p><p> We get a backstage segment with Ricky Steamboat being interrupted by a familiar face. Taz interrupts Mauro exasperated statement saying, “You Don’t Know Jack” as the former <strong>Jack Swagger</strong> appears. Swagger mentions that he wants to be the new face of the NWA… Steamboat likes this idea and announces that Swagger will face the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, <strong>Tim Storm</strong>, as the main event of next weeks show.</p><p> </p><p> Mauro and Taz hype next weeks show saying that it has been confirmed <strong>“You Don’t Know Jack” Swagger</strong> will be in the main event. Also confirmed for that episode is <strong>Marty Scrull vs. Bobby Fish</strong>, Up next we will have tag action.</p><p> </p><p> In tag action The <strong>Motor City Machine Guns</strong>, Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin defeated <strong>Hart Foundation 2.0</strong>, Teddy Hart and Jack Evans in a high-flying and fun match-up. MCMG will face the Briscoe’s next. But first post-match a new team debuts as <strong>Keith Lee</strong> and <strong>Shane Taylor</strong>, two LARGE men, jump the MCMG in the ring. Mauro mentions these guys are known as the <strong>Pretty Boy Killers.</strong></p><p> </p><p> During break we see <strong>Frankie Kazarian</strong> announced for next week. Back from break, we are set for Episode 1’s Main Event, <strong>Jay Lethal vs. Shelton Benjamin</strong>. Finally healthy Shelton and Jay put on a great match with Shelton getting the win with the Paydirt and sending us off the air.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Quick Recap:</span></strong></p><p> </p><ul><li>Ricky Steamboat announced as Director of Authority<br /></li><li>“You Don’t Know Jack” Swagger announced for main event next week.<br /></li><li>Marty Scurll won a 15-man battle royal<br /></li><li>The Motor City Machine Guns defeated Hart Foundation 2.0 only to be jumped by the Pretty Boy Killers<br /></li><li>Shelton Benjamin hit Paydirt and took out Jay Lethal in the main event.<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p> <em><strong>What you didn’t see on TV but would have seen live!</strong></em></p><p> </p><ul><li>Melina Perez defeated Kellie Skater and Ray Lyn in a three-way women’s match-up.<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <strong>Episode 2 (Aired June Week 2, Filmed May 3 and June 1)</strong></p><p> </p><p> The second episode opened with Mauro and Taz giving us a run-down of the first episode and what we learned. We confirmed that inherited NWA World Champion <strong>Tim Storm</strong> would be facing <strong>“You Don’t Know Jack” Swagger</strong> in the Main Event. But our first contest saw <strong>Rene Dupree</strong> making his debut.</p><p> </p><p> After the break we saw <strong>Dupree</strong> debut in strong fashion defeating <strong>Rob Terry</strong> and locking him in a Camel Clutch that he refused to release. Post-match he claimed that he was back and better than ever and that anyone who got in his way would feel the pain.</p><p> </p><p> In a taped segment <strong>Ricky Steamboat and Rocky Romero</strong> had a conversation, Romero was announced for the next tapings!</p><p> </p><p> Back in the ring <strong>Marty Scrull</strong> took on <strong>Bobby Fish</strong>. This was a great match-up that saw both men hit numerous signature spots and keep the fans buzzing. </p><p> </p><p> We swung it to commercials… where we were treated to a video package of John Hennigan promising to bring his rivalry with Ricochet to the masses… </p><p> </p><p> Back to the match, Scurll ultimately caught Fish in the Chickenwing Crossface and forced him to tap. Mauro and Taz mention the NWA British Commonwealth Title is currently held by a Canadian by the name of <strong>Stew Korvus</strong> and that Marty Scurll has to be considered the #1 contender for that title.</p><p> </p><p> During the break we see <strong>Jay Lethal</strong> taunted by Shelton Benjamin, we see a brief replay of that match they had last week before cutting to Lethal in the ring ready to face a debuting <strong>Frankie Kazarian</strong>. Lethal and Kazarian have a solid bout that Lethal wins with the Lethal Injection. </p><p> </p><p> Prior to the main event we are shown some of the card for next week including <strong>Shelton Benjamin vs. Paul London</strong> and The NWA Title will be defended by the winner of the Main Event against SMASH Wrestling’s <strong>Tyson Dux</strong>.</p><p> </p><p> In the main event for the NWA World Heavyweight title <strong>“You Don’t Know Jack” Swagger</strong> easily handled <strong>Tim Storm</strong> and became the new generation champion. We left the air with Swagger promising Ricky Steamboat that he’d be a fighting champion to be proud of.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Quick Recap:</span></strong></p><p> </p><ul><li>Rene Dupree beat Rob Terry<br /></li><li>Marty Scurll defeated Bobby Fish in a great match<br /></li><li>John Hennigan, Ricochet and Rocky Romero were all hyped for future shows.<br /></li><li>Jay Lethal defeated Frankie Kazarian and hints of a feud with Shelton Benjamin were seen<br /></li><li>“You Don’t Know” Jack Swagger became the NWA World Heavyweight Champion.<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong><em>What You Missed If You Weren’t There</em></strong></p><p> </p><ul><li>Hart Foundation 2.0 defeated Lio Rush and Caprice Coleman<br /></li><li>The Rising Sun (Marufuji and Nakajima) defeated Jesse White and Dylan Bostic<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This will be the style of all weekly TV recaps. The larger PPV style show I may make more graphically appealing, but for now this is effective and I think tells the story well-enough to be interesting.</p>

<p>NWA TV Weeks 3 and 4 Recap (June 2017)</p><p> </p><p> Herrbear, great feedback, I've added the letter grade after each match. I've never actually used the number grade but I may turn that on and add it as I go. I didn't add it for the segments as I think they are more content rather than value... though I do think there is value. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <strong>Episode 3 (Aired June Week 3, Filmed Week 1 June)</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p> <em>Filmed at the Worcester Memorial Auditorium</em></p><p> </p><p> We open with <strong>Taz and Mauro</strong> who run us down with what has been going on in the NWA.</p><p> </p><p> We kick off with <strong>"You Don't Know Jack" Swagger</strong> discussing the NWA Title and what it means to him. He promises to be a fighting champion, for the people. And tonight he’ll wipe the ring clean with <strong>Tyson Dux</strong> of SMASH Wrestling.</p><p> </p><p> The <strong>Motor City Machine Guns</strong> were in action, taking on The <strong>Briscoe Brothers</strong> in an early NWA classic. Both teams were really impressive but the finish came when the <strong>Pretty Boy Killers</strong> got involved again. The Briscoes took advantage and won the match before leaving the Pretty Boy Killers to it. Taz and Mauro continued to hype these guys as agile beasts as they beat down Shelley and Sabin. (B)</p><p> </p><p> We get a backstage piece where <strong>Kenny King</strong> is calling himself the King Of EVERYTHING. <strong>Shane Strickland</strong> takes offense to this and gets in King’s face, backstage workers have to get in between them.</p><p> </p><p> In a stellar match-up <strong>Shelton Benjamin</strong> defeated <strong>Paul London</strong> via the Paydirt. Post-match he tells Lethal that he’s going to take him out again. (B-)</p><p> </p><p> We get a promo hyping Women’s Division action as <strong>Ray Lyn</strong> will take on <strong>Melina</strong> at the next tapings.</p><p> </p><p> In the main event we get a tale of two men with totally different backgrounds, <strong>Tyson Dux</strong>, representing SMASH Wrestling, a vet of 19 years who fought and clawed his way to a tryout with WWE only to fall short. He was also a participant in the Cruiserweight Classic last year. <strong>“You Don’t Know Jack” Swagger</strong> though, well…simply put, you know him. He was the WWE’s golden boy at one point, but a series of bad life decisions led him down the wrong path and derailed what was once a Main Event push. Now the face of the New NWA, Swagger looks to take out the vet Dux. While Dux was a valiant competitor, Swagger handled him relatively easy, locking in the Patriot Lock for the victory as the show went off the air for the week. (C+)</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Quick Recap:</span></strong></p><p> </p><ul><li>The Briscoe’s knocked off the Motor City Machine Guns after The Pretty Boy Killers got involved. Post-Match Taylor and Lee annihilated MCMG<br /></li><li>Shelton Benjamin cemented his early push with a win over Paul London.<br /></li><li>And in the main event, “You Don’t Know Jack” Swagger defeated SMASH Wrestling’s Tyson Dux.<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong><em>What you missed if you weren’t there:</em></strong></p><p> </p><ul><li>A great night of wrestling, episode three was completely compiled off parts of our second “TV Taping” event so there were no additional matches beyond what was mentioned in episode two.<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <strong>NWA TV Week 4 (Aired June Week 4, Filmed June Week 2)</strong></p><p> </p><p> Show opened with <strong>Jay and Mark Briscoe</strong> chatting with <strong>Ricky Steamboat</strong>, they mentioned that while working last week on the road Jay suffered a concussion and that he’s out for a bit. They suggested that the team they have the most respect for in the world, the <strong>Motor City Motor Guns</strong> take their place in the NWA Tag Title main event. Steamboat agrees.</p><p> </p><p> In the opening contest, <strong>Rocky Romero</strong> defeated <strong>Bobby Fish</strong>. There were hints on commentary that the NWA would love to bring in both men’s tag partners but currently they are both singles competitors here in the NWA. (C+)</p><p> </p><p> We get a promo from <strong>"You Don't Know Jack" Swagger</strong>. Swagger announces that in two weeks the NWA will be hosting the first true PPV, <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;"><span style="text-decoration:underline;">NWA Revolution</span></span></strong>. He tells <strong>Ricky Steamboat</strong> that for his title match he wants Steamboat to bring in one of the best <em>Pro Wrestling Guerrilla</em> has to offer…</p><p> </p><p> That spun us back out to the ring where <strong>Melina</strong> defeated <strong>Ray Lyn</strong>. Post-Match <strong>John Hennigan</strong> came down and reunited with Melina. He tells us that she’ll be by his side when he takes on <strong>Ricochet</strong> next week. (D-)</p><p> </p><p> We get a promo from <strong>Frankie Kazarian</strong> who announces that at Revolution, Frankie used to be known as the Future… well he wants to face the man people are now calling the Future, <strong>Lio Rush</strong>, and put him back in his place.</p><p> </p><p> Last week on NWA TV, <strong>Kenny King and Shane Strickland</strong> got into it backstage, tonight they went one on one. Both men got a chance to shine but ultimately <strong>Kenny King</strong> defeated <strong>Shane Strickland</strong> and taunted the whole locker room post-match. (D+).</p><p> </p><p> We went to commercials and as we returned the Ring Announcer was introducing the NWA Tag Champions the company had inherited, <strong>Rob Terry and Kazushi Miyamoto</strong>. The <strong>Motor City Machine Guns</strong> were next down and in the Main Event, Shelley and Sabin captured the NWA Tag Titles. As the show went off the air the MCMG taunted the <strong>Pretty Boy Killers</strong> who had watched the match from the stage. Taz and Mauro inform us that at Revolution the MCMG will make their first defense against the Pretty Boy Killers. (C+)</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Quick Recap:</span></strong></p><p> </p><ul><li>The Briscoes had to pull out of the Main Event due to a concussion Jay suffered, they suggested the Motor City Machine Guns be the team to replace them.<br /></li><li>Rocky Romero debuted and defeated Bobby Fish.<br /></li><li>Jack Swagger informed us that in two weeks the company will have their first PPV, NWA Revolution, and that he wants to face the best PWG has to offer.<br /></li><li>Melina defeated Ray Lyn, and was introduced as John Hennigan’s manager.<br /></li><li>Kenny King defeated Shane Strickland and got the fans riled up.<br /></li><li>In the main event The Motor City Machine Guns captured the NWA Tag Titles.<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong><em>What You Missed If You Weren’t There:</em></strong></p><p> </p><ul><li>Afa Anoa’I and Fallah Bahh had a tryout match against The Rising Sun.<br /></li><li>Paul London defeated John Skyler<br /></li><li>Sean Maluta had a tryout match against Lio Rush.<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">What’s Upcoming</span></strong></p><p> </p><ul><li>The Final TV Show before Revolution.<br /></li><li>Marty Scrull will challenge for the NWA British Commonwealth Title<br /></li><li>Jay Lethal will face Rene Dupree<br /></li><li>John Hennigan will face Ricochet<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p></div></blockquote>

<p>June 2017 National Wrestling Alliance Revolution Card and The Wrestling World</p><p> </p><p> <em><strong>Around the wrestling world</strong></em>:</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">NJPW</span></strong> held Best of the Super Juniors 2017. The competitors included <strong>Yujiro Takahashi, Jushin Thunder Liger, BUSHI, Will Ospreay, Tiger Mask W, Ryusuke Taguchi, Nick Jackson, and Jay Briscoe</strong>. While Jay wasn’t representing the NWA, he had an impressive showing, making the semi-finals before losing to Tiger Mask W. We did receive reports that he suffered a concussion and will miss our next few tapings as a result, this was highlighted in the week 4 episode. Tiger Mask W subsequently lost in the finals to <strong>BUSHI</strong> who became the BEST OF THE SUPER JUNIORS 2017.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#8B0000;">Ring of Honor</span></strong> held Best in the World and two performers that appear on NWA TV, <strong>Jay Lethal and Alex Shelley</strong>, both defended their respective titles (World and TV respectively). Lethal won the title vacated when <strong>Christopher Daniels</strong> ruptured his pectoral while wrestling <strong>Colt Cabana</strong> in May. Shelley captured the TV title from <strong>Marty Scurll</strong> in May as well. Ring of Honor is a great partner with us, but long term both companies acknowledge that we may go our separate ways. For now, we will keep growing together!</p><p> </p><p> Our friends in Japan, <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Zero1</span></strong> held a show titled Venegence of Pride. In the main event <strong>Kohei Sato</strong> defended his Zero1 World Heavyweight Title against <strong>James Raideen</strong>. The main event was overshadowed by the best match of the evening which belonged to <strong>Minoru Tanaka and Hayato Jr. Fujita</strong>. </p><p> </p><p> Lastly we’d be remiss to not mention,<span style="color:#FFFF00;"> NXT</span> held Takeover: The End. Takeover was main evented by <strong>Bobby Roode</strong> defending his title against <strong>Drew McIntyre</strong>. Before Drew opted to go to NXT, Billy had some preliminary conversations with him about being the face of the NWA.</p><p> </p><p> Throughout the year we will highlight the goings-on around the globe as they happen, especially as they apply to our Alliance and our workers!</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> The National Wrestling Alliance also formally announced the PPV Card for NWA Revolution. This card is undoubtedly strong, but they have announced that the next PPV will not come until the end of August, giving them eight TV shows to build to it rather than four.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>NWA Revolution Current Card</strong></p><p> </p><ul><li>NWA Title: Jack Swagger © vs. PWG Representative<br /></li><li>NWA North American Title: Jay Lethal © vs. Shelton Benjamin<br /></li><li>NWA British Commonwealth Title: Marty Scurll © vs. "London" Representative<br /></li><li>NWA Tag: Motor City Machine Guns © vs. Pretty Boy Killers<br /></li><li>The Future: Frankie Kazarian vs. Lio Rush<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p></div></blockquote>

<p>NWA Revolution Current Card</p><p> </p><p>

NWA Title: <strong>Jack Swagger ©</strong> vs. PWG Representative</p><p>

NWA North American Title: <strong>Jay Lethal ©</strong> vs. Shelton Benjamin</p><p>

NWA British Commonwealth Title: <strong>Marty Scurll ©</strong> vs. "London" Representative</p><p>

NWA Tag: Motor City Machine Guns © vs. <strong>Pretty Boy Killers</strong></p><p>

The Future: <strong>Frankie Kazarian</strong> vs. Lio Rush</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">I like the idea of covering the whole world as well in short form.</span></p>

<p>NWA Title: <strong>Jack Swagger</strong> © vs. PWG Representative</p><p>

NWA North American Title: <strong>Jay Lethal</strong> © vs. Shelton Benjamin</p><p>

NWA British Commonwealth Title: <strong>Marty Scurll</strong> © vs. "London" Representative</p><p>

NWA Tag: <strong>Motor City Machine Guns</strong> © vs. Pretty Boy Killers</p><p>

The Future: Frankie Kazarian vs. <strong>Lio Rush</strong></p>

<p>NWA Revolution</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-size:24px;"><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">NWA Revolution (PPV June Week 4)</span></strong></span></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> As the fans filed into the Avron B. Fogelman Arena they were treated to two pre-show matches: Matt Cross and Shane Strickland defeated Afa and Fallah (D), and the Hart Foundation 2.0 (Evans and Hart) defeated Rising Sun (C-).</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p> The show opens with a highlight package. The narrator is Billy Corgan. He goes over the history of the NWA, starting in 1948 with Orville Brown and Lou Thesz. He says the name once was revered around the world. Terry Funk, Jack Brisco, Harley Race. Legends like Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat. Stars before they were "STARS" like Sting. Japanese legends like Masahiro Chono and The Great Muta......the video slowly starts to fade as Corgan narrates the dark 1990's with the death of the original NWA... The video picks back up with AJ Styles, Jeff Jarrett and Raven all holding the title proudly. The narration begins to wrap up... </p><p> </p><p> <strong>THE GHOSTS OF WRESTLING PAST ARE NEVER FORGOTTEN. WE MUST HONOR THE LEGACY OF THE NWA. WE MUST HONOR THE MEN WHO HELD THIS BELT PROUDLY. WHO PROUDLY STOOD FOR THIS COMPANY. THIS IS A WORLDWIDE REVOLUTION. THIS IS THE NATIONAL...WRESTLING...ALLIANCE. AND WE ARE ALIVE.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em> </em></p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/8-r-V0uK4u0?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="The Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet with Butterfly Wings (Official Music Video)"></iframe></div></div> begins to play as the official theme.<p> </p><p> Our first Pay-Per-View, NWA Revolution officially is underway as <strong>Taz</strong> and <strong>Mauro Ranallo</strong> begin by running down the card for tonight. As they began to announce the Main Event they were interrupted by <strong>“You Don’t Know Jack” Swagger</strong>, the NWA World Heavyweight champion wants to know who <strong>Ricky Steamboat</strong> has hand-picked from PWG. Steamboat comes down and tells Swagger that the man he selected is the son of a former NWA Champion… <strong>CODY</strong>. The fans pop as Cody and Swagger, former WWE stars, stare each-other down. The Main Event is officially set</p><p> </p><p> Our opening contest sees <strong>Lio Rush</strong> take on <strong>Frankie Kazarian</strong>.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Lio Rush vs. Frankie Kazarian</strong></p><p> Summary: Frankie Kazarian, though now a veteran, was once known as The Future, Lio Rush has been tabbed by many as “The Future” this match-up showcased both men’s best attributes and skills. Lio was able to out-pace Frankie through the early parts of the match-up but his lack of experience caught up with him as he went rope to rope and Frankie managed to kick his legs out from underhim, sending him flying. This turning point led to Frankie hitting the “Wave of the Future” and picking up the win.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Winner: Frankie Kazarian</span></strong></p><p> (C-)</p><p> </p><p> Backstage we see the <em>Pretty Boy Killers</em>, <strong>Shane Taylor and Keith Lee</strong>, sitting in the locker room. In walks a woman in a tight dress… <strong>Shaul Guerrero</strong> introduces herself to the camera and tells the camera that she is here to ensure the Pretty Boy Killers stay focused on the… PRIZE. They head to the ring together.</p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FFFF00;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">NWA World Tag Team Titles</span></strong></span></p><p> <strong>Motor City Machine Guns (Champs) vs. Pretty Boy Killers (W/ Shaul Guerrero)</strong></p><p> Summary: The PBK have been a thorn in the side of Sabin and Shelley since the relaunch of the brand. The two behemoths are exactly the kind of guys who can ground the Machine Guns but ultimately in this match-up experience reigns supreme, Sabin and Shelley manage to ground the PBK and the finish sees Alex Shelley take out Shane Taylor and get the win for his team.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Winners and STILL: The Motor City Machine Guns</span></strong></p><p> (C+)</p><p> </p><p> Post-Match: <strong>Jay and Mark Briscoe</strong> are seen on the screen, they let the Guns know that Jay is close to being cleared from his concussion and as soon as he is they expect a title-shot.</p><p> </p><p> <iframe width="280" height="158" src="<a href="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QEb9XwV-ruw?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0" rel="external nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/embed/QEb9XwV-ruw?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0"</a> frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></p><p> </p><p> After a brief segment at the announce table, <strong>“The Villain” Marty Scurll</strong>, our NWA British Commonwealth Champion heads to the ring. He has a microphone and cuts a promo claiming to be the best wrestler to come out of England in recent memory… The fans are expecting someone from WCPW or PROGRESS, both affiliate members of the NWA but instead <strong>Paul London</strong> comes out.</p><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">NWA British Comm</span></strong></span><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">onwealth Title</span></strong></span></p><p> <strong>Marty Scurll (Champion) vs. Paul London</strong></p><p> Summary: We were actually expecting to have another rival of Scurll’s but alas he couldn’t make it in time so we panicked and picked Paul London. Anytime something like this happens you know the result, Scurll wins with the Chickenwing Crossface.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Winner and STILL: Marty Scurll</span></strong></p><p> (C+)</p><p> </p><p> Post-Match: The Villain grabs a mic and tells Ricky Steamboat and company that he was expecting someone actually from London, not Paul London. That gets a good laugh out of the crowd… A pre-recorded video plays on the screen showing a gas mask sitting on the ground with the words “Havoc is COMING” the fans who recognize it as Jimmy Havoc, pop. The announcers confirm that <strong>Jimmy Havoc</strong> and <strong>Marty Scurll</strong> will continue their battle here in the NWA.</p><p> </p><p> Backstage: <strong>Kenny King</strong> is prancing around and acting arrogantly. He bumps into <strong>Bobby Fish</strong> who stares him down and tells him that he’ll wipe that smile right off his face. The announcers confirm they’ll face each other at the next taping.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#0000FF;">NWA North Ame</span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">rican Title</span></span></strong></p><p> <strong>Jay Lethal vs. Shelton Benjamin</strong></p><p> Summary: These two men have met before during the start of the NWA. This time they are doing battle over the right to be the first NWA North American champion. Both Benjamin and Lethal have phenomenal personalities and the fans really get behind both men. They are treated to the best match in early history of the NWA. Shelton Benjamin won the first battle, but Lethal has clearly scouted him out better in this battle. The finish saw Lethal hit Benjamin with the Lethal Combination for the victory and the right to be the first NWA North American Champion.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Winner and Inaugural NWA North American Champion: Jay Lethal</span></strong></p><p> (B)</p><p> </p><p> We see highlgihts from NWA TV’s Hennigan vs. Ricochet battle. There are many hints that this battle is only beginning. We take it away to the ring announcer for our MAIN EVENT!</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FFFF00;">NWA World Heavyweight Championship</span></span></strong></p><p> <strong>“You Don’t Know Jack” Swagger (Champion) vs. Cody </strong></p><p> Summary: In our main event Swagger and Cody set out to put on a show, but frankly disappointed in comparison to the Lethal/Benjamin match-up. It was still a solid match-up and both men hit all their signature spots. Cody went for the Beautiful Disaster but Swagger countered out of it and hit a big suplex. He locked in the Patriot Lock but Cody reached the ropes for a ropebreak. Back to the action both men regrouped and the match got going again. In this sequence Cody managed to take advantage and hit the Beautiful Disaster… Let’s go to Mauro and Taz for the final minute of the match-up.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Mauro</strong>: He hits it, he hits, Cody hits The Beautiful Disaster and is crawling over to cover the champ…</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Taz</strong>: “You Don’t Know” Mauro, Swagger is a vet and look how close to the ropes he is...</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Mauro</strong>: Cover, 1…2…3!!!!! We have a new champion…wait… wait… no. The referee has waved off the 3 count, he saw Swagger’s ankle was beneath the bottom rope.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Taz</strong>: Cody is livid. He is in Referee Jimmy Korderas' face but look-out for Swagger who has slowly regained his footing…</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Mauro</strong>: Chop block, from behind, Swagger takes out Cody’s knee… He locks the Patriot Lock in, middle of the ring…</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Taz</strong>: Cody needs to summon the willpower to inch his way… OHHHHHH</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Mauro</strong>: Jack just placed all the pressure on the chopped knee while torqueing the ankle in the opposite direction. Cody is tapping… He had no choice.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Winner and STILL: “YOU DON’T KNOW JACK” Swagger</span></strong>(C+)</p><p> </p><p> We go off the air with a replay of the controversial ending.</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Woah: Thanks for the predictions! Glad you are reading, and that the simplistic style has gone over alright! 4/5 for both of you. If the predictions on the PPV shows continue I'll certainly come up with a prize.</p>

<p>NWA TV July Week 1 and 2 Recap (Taped July Week 1)</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">NWA TV Tapings July Friday Week 1 (Airing Sunday, July Weeks 1-2) </span></strong></span></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> Taped live from the Balch Fieldhouse in Colorado</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> July 2017 Week 1</p><p> </p><p> Show opens with <strong>Taz and Mauro Ranallo</strong> running down the NWA Revolution PPV. Images from that show are shown and the controversial finish is shown. Before they can discuss it they are interrupted.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">“YOU DON’T KNOW JACK, AND THAT’S A FACT”</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Swagger</strong> comes down to the ring with his title proudly around his waist. He says what happened at Revolution was because he is phenomenally skilled. Fans chant for <strong>Cody</strong> but <strong>Swagger</strong> reminds them that was a one-off deal. <strong>Ricky Steamboat</strong> comes out and announces that there will be a new #1 Contender for Swagger… and it will be determined… in two weeks! </p><p> </p><p> The first match of the night saw <strong>Bobby Fish</strong> defeat <strong>Kenny King</strong> in a match that was set-up at <em>Revolution</em>. Fish promised to smack the smirk off King’s face, and he did just that. (D+)</p><p> </p><p> During the break we see an ad play that says “<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><em>Havoc Has Arrived</em></span>” back from break the announcers confirm that the Main Event tonight will <strong>Marty Scurll</strong> defend his NWA British Commonwealth Title against <strong>Jimmy “F’n” Havoc</strong></p><p> </p><p> We get an angle backstage with <strong>Mark Briscoe</strong> chasing the <strong>Pretty Boy Killers</strong> off with a chair after they had cornered the tag team champs, the <strong>Motor City Machine Guns</strong>. Briscoe informs the MCMG that Jay is still a month away from returning to action but that he’d like to face one of the Guns to stay fresh. The Guns agree and announced for the next tapings is Mark Briscoe taking on Chris Sabin.</p><p> </p><p> Back to the ring we see a quick match between <strong>Rene Dupree</strong> and <strong>Caprice Coleman</strong>, Dupree defeats Coleman with the Camel Clutch and once again makes it known he will be a force. (C-).</p><p> </p><p> Backstage <strong>Ricochet</strong> issues a challenge to <strong>Shelton Benjamin</strong>, saying that he wants to establish himself as a contender. Before he can finish <strong>John Hennigan and Melina</strong> show up. Together they laugh at his confidence. <strong>Ricochet</strong> reminds them both he defeated <strong>Hennigan</strong> last week.</p><p> </p><p> In our TV Main Event: <strong>Marty Scurll</strong> put his NWA British Commonwealth Title up against PROGRESS’ <strong>Jimmy Havoc</strong>. These two have a long history and it showed in the ring chemistry, ultimately though it appeared that both men were struggling through some jetlag and the match fell disappointingly flat. Scurll retained the title with the Crossface Chicken Wing. (C-).</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Quick Recap:</span></strong></p><p> </p><ul><li>“You Don’t Know Jack” was informed that next week there will be a #1 Contenders Match<br /></li><li>Bobby Fish defeated Kenny King<br /></li><li>Rene Dupree forced Caprice Coleman to tap out<br /></li><li>Ricochet issued a challenge to Shelton Benjamin for next week<br /></li><li>In the main event: Marty Scurll defended his title defeating Jimmy Havoc of PROGRESS.<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong><em>What You Missed If You Weren’t There</em></strong></p><p> </p><ul><li>The Samoan Nightmare defeated The Von Erichs<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">NWA TV July Week 2 (Filmed July Week 1)</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> The show opens with <strong>Taz and Mauro</strong> running down last weeks show and hyping the main event tonight which will feature two of the competitors in the Triple Threat #1 Contendership Match which was formally announced this week on nwa.com for the next tapings. It’ll be <strong>Ricochet vs. John Hennigan vs. Shelton Benjamin</strong> next but first this week, Ricochet and Shelton Benjamin will go one on one.</p><p> </p><p> We open with a slugfest between <strong>Rocky Romero</strong> and <strong>Amazing Red</strong>. Romero wins it with the Foreign Devil and continues to cement his place in the NWA. (C+).</p><p> </p><p> We get a video hyping the impending debut of “<strong><em>Professional Wrestling’s Prodigal Son</em></strong>” No names or images are seen and Taz and Mauro are left wondering who it could be.</p><p> </p><p> In tag action <strong>Jack Evans and Teddy Hart</strong> known collectively as The Hart Foundation 2.0 defeated <strong>The Rising Sun</strong> in a decent match-up. Neither team has established themselves here in the NWA. But Evans and Hart post-match are announced to be heading to NJPW as representatives of the NWA. They'll still compete on NWA TV but will be active in Japan as well. (C-)</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Frankie Kazarian</strong> is backstage, coming off his win over <strong>Lio Rush</strong>, Frankie feels that he has earned a NWA North American Title shot, he tells <strong>Jay Lethal</strong> that he is coming for him.</p><p> </p><p> In the main event we get <strong>Ricochet</strong> and <strong>Shelton Benjamin</strong> in an absolutely phenomenal match. The first half of the match is dominated by a back and forth pace that really showcased both men. The announcers hype how Shelton looks like he is back to 100% following years of injuries. Ricochet meanwhile shows why he is a rising star. We head to commercials.</p><p> </p><p> During the break, we see a graphic hyping <strong>Chris Sabin vs. Mark Briscoe</strong> for next week as well as the Triple Threat #1 Contendership match-up.</p><p> </p><p> Back from break we see that <strong>Melina and John Hennigan</strong> have headed to ringside, surely to get involved. Hennigan joins the announcers while Melina seductively dances on the apron. <strong>Ricochet</strong> plays possum and acts distracted, turning his back on <strong>Benjamin</strong> who comes charging, Ricochet moves at the last second and Benjamin crushes Melina. This prompts the ref to check on her… Ricochet hits a huge Pele Kick on Benjamin but Hennigan has jumped into the ring and takes out Ricochet. Benjamin recovers and crawls over Ricochet for the cover and the win while Hennigan checks on Melina. Post-Match: Hennigan and Benjamin begin to yell at each other for whatever reason...and then Ricochet leap frogs Benjamin leaving the ring and landing on Hennigan as the show goes off the air with the announcers hyping next weeks show and main event between these three. (B)</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Quick Recap:</span></strong></p><p> </p><ul><li>Rocky Romero defeated Amazing Red<br /></li><li>The Hart Foundation 2.0 defeated The Rising Sun, and are announced for an upcoming NJPW Tour<br /></li><li>Kazarian challenged Lethal for the North American Title <br /></li><li>Shelton Benjamin defeated Ricochet with some help from John Hennigan<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Glad people are enjoying this! It is fun to book and tell to story.</p>

<p>NWA TV July 3 and 4 (Taped July Week 3)</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-size:14px;">NWA TV (Aired July Week 3, Filmed July Week 3)</span></span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> We come to you from the Landmark Theater in Richmond, Virginia. A former NWA hotbed with some rabid wrestling fans for the next two tapings. This show kicks off with the <strong>“Professional Wrestling’s Prodigal Son”</strong> promo from last week. This time the promo ends with <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mike Bennett</span></strong> showing up on the screen. The words Next Week end the promo.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Mark Briscoe</strong> makes his entrance, before the Motor City Machine Guns can enter we see <strong>Alex Shelley</strong> knocked out backstage, certainly the dirty work of the <strong>Pretty Boy Killers</strong>. <strong>Chris Sabin</strong> looks concerned for his partner as we go to break.</p><p> </p><p> Back from break, Sabin has made his entrance and never appears focus as <strong>Mark Briscoe</strong> wins the match-up between one half of the champs and one half of the #1 contenders, as a clearly distracted Sabin never really built solid momentum in this one. (C+)</p><p> </p><p> <strong>“You Don’t Know Jack” Swagger</strong> heads out to the ring. He berates the city of Richmond. Claiming he knows best and will be the Fighting Champion he promises, but that he won’t defend the title in this city. Prompting big boos. He does say that he’ll be watching the #1 Contendership match-up closely, but will be doing it from his hotel… with that, Swagger leaves.</p><p> </p><p> Only two matches on the show tonight as the Main Event Triple Threat is scheduled to take up the second half of the show. <strong>Ricochet, Shelton Benjamin and John Hennigan</strong> all make their entrances and we get formal ring introductions before we take “a final break”.</p><p> </p><p> The #1 Contendership Triple Threat for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship match lived up to the standards the NWA fans have begun to expect. All three men went all out and gave their all. There were numerous near falls and <strong>Ricky Steamboat</strong> came down to ringside to ensure <strong>Melina</strong> didn’t get involved. The finishing spot saw <strong>Shelton Benjamin</strong> hit Paydirt on <strong>Hennigan</strong> only for<strong> Ricochet</strong> to hit a top-rope missle dropkick on <strong>Benjamin</strong>, sending him flying out of the ring. This led to <strong>Ricochet</strong> bouncing up to the other turnbuckle and nailing a 450 splash on <strong>Hennigan</strong> to become the #1 Contender. As the show went off the air it appeared <strong>Benjamin</strong> was legitimately yelling at <strong>Steamboat/Ricochet</strong>. More on that to come. (B)</p><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Quick Recap</strong></span>:</p><p> </p><ul><li>“Professional Wrestling’s Prodigal Son” was revealed to be Mike Bennett<br /></li><li>Mark Briscoe defeated Chris Sabin<br /></li><li>Ricochet became the #1 Contender for the NWA World Heavyweight Title, defeating Shelton Benjamin and John Hennigan in a triple threat.<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong><em>What You Missed:</em></strong></p><p> </p><ul><li>Simon Grimm (the former Simon Gotch) had a tryout match against Desean Pratt (the former Amasis) (D+)<br /></li><li>Kenny King and Rene Dupree teamed to defeat Lio Rush and Shane Strickland (C-)<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-size:14px;">NWA TV (July week 4, Taped week 3)</span></span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> Back with the second half of the tapings from Richmond. </p><p> </p><p> The show opens with a recap of the Triple Threat. It is interrupted by the debuting <strong>“Prodigal Son of Professional Wrestling” Mike Bennett</strong>. Bennett cuts a promo lambasting the state of wrestling and mentions that he is here to save us. He calls out anyone in the back and <strong>Matt Cross</strong> answers the challenge.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Mike Bennett</strong> defeated <strong>Matt Cross</strong> with the former Box Office Smash that the announcers referred to as “<em>The Fix</em>” with Mauro saying “The Fix Is In” for the finish. ©.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Bobby Fish</strong> cuts a promo on <strong>Marty Scurll</strong> challenging him to a fight for the British Commonwealth Title. Fish highlights the fights these men have had in the past and promises to up his game to the next level.</p><p> </p><p> In a repeat bout from two weeks ago <strong>The Hart Foundation 2.0</strong> defeated <strong>The Rising Sun</strong>. Mauro and Taz again highlight the fact that Jack Evans and Teddy Hart are heading over to Japan this week for a tour with NJPW. ©.</p><p> </p><p> As <strong>Nakajima and Marufuji</strong> went to leave the ring <strong>Prince Nana</strong> appeared on the stage and told them to stay there. He wanted to introduce them to their <strong>Samoan Nightmare</strong>… two men jumped the barrier and laid waste to the Rising Sun as Nana barked instructions. The announcers worked together to identify the men as <strong>Afa and Fallah</strong> (The former Afa Anao’I Jr and Fallah Bahh).</p><p> </p><p> We take you back to two weeks ago for our rewind when <strong>Frankie Kazarian</strong> challenged <strong>Jay Lethal</strong> to defend the North American title. That match-up is next and is our Television Main Event.</p><p> </p><p> In another great match-up <strong>Jay Lethal</strong> defended his North American title against <strong>Frankie Kazarian</strong>. Both men showed great in this match-up and the fans were rowdy throughout. Lethal won with the Lethal Combination (B).</p><p> </p><p> Quick Recap:</p><p> </p><ul><li>Mike Bennett debuted as “The Prodigal Son of Professional Wrestling” and defeated Matt Cross.<br /></li><li>The Hart Foundation 2.0 defeated The Rising Sun again, but the bigger story was the debut of Fallah and Afa, Prince Nana’s Samoan Nightmare.<br /></li><li>In the main event, Jay Lethal defended his North American title against Frankie Kazarian.<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p></div></blockquote>

<p>World of Wrestling July 2017 Update</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;"><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>July 2017 Around the wrestling world!</strong></span></span></p></div><p></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><ul><li>Our friends at <span style="color:#FF8C00;"><strong>Smoky Mountain Wrestling</strong></span> held their best show to date, it saw all of their titles defended. They’ve got a couple guys who older WWE fans would remember, including <strong>Rob Conway</strong>, who is currently the Tag Team Champion with <strong>Matt Riveria</strong>. Their biggest local star is the current champ <strong>Nick Hammonds</strong>. While these guys aren’t necessarily well known, they put on a good show and we encourage you to watch them.<br /></li><li><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Ring of Honor</span></strong> held <em>Death Before Dishonor</em>. <strong>Jay Lethal</strong> and <strong>Marty Scurll</strong> teamed up to defeat the <strong>Motor City Machine Guns</strong> in a solid main event. <br /></li><li><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Zero1</span></strong> held their <em>Tenka-Ichi Junior Tournament</em>. <strong>Minoru Tanaka</strong> defeated <strong>“brother” YASSHI</strong> to win the tournament. Prior to that he knocked off,<strong> Shinjiro Otani and Jason Lee</strong>. The star of the show though was <strong>Hayato Jr. Fujita</strong> who defeated <strong>Buffa</strong> in the main event to defend his ZERO1 United National Heavyweight Title.<br /></li><li><strong><span style="color:#2E8B57;">PWG</span></strong> held <em>Threemendous IV</em> at Reseda. The match of the night saw <strong>Ryback and Ricochet</strong> team up to defeat <strong>Sami Callihan and Cody</strong>. Heading into BOLA these guys all have to be favorites to win.<br /></li><li><strong>Cibernetico</strong>, the Mexican star, was arrested for possession of hard drugs.<br /></li></ul><p></p></div></blockquote>

<p>NWA TV August Week 1 and 2 Tapings</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">NWA TV (Aired August Week 1, Taped August Week 1)</span></strong></span></p></div><p></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> This weeks set of tapings comes to you from the <em>John E. Carlson Coliseum in North Dakota</em>. <strong>Taz and Mauro</strong> as per usual are your announcers and they hype tonight’s card, which will see only two match-ups but it features an explosive tag team main event.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Ricky Steamboat</strong> makes his way out and announces the main event for tonight, <strong>Ricochet</strong> and <em>NWA North American champion</em> <strong>Jay Lethal</strong> will team to take on <em>NWA World champion</em> <strong>“You Don’t Know” Jack Swagger and Shelton Benjamin</strong>. He also mentions that <strong>Prince Nana</strong> made an impact last week, and this week his <strong>Samoan Nightmares</strong> will debut…</p><p> </p><p> Sure enough our opening bout was the <strong>Samoan Nightmare</strong> taking on <strong>The Rising Sun</strong>. This bout was meant to highlight the mean streak of the Nightmares as <strong>Afa and Fallah</strong> were DQ’d for failing to adhere to the referees repeated warnings to stop closed fist punches. In fact neither man stopped with Afa hitting a huge Samoan Drop and Fallah crushing his man with a Samoan Stomp from the top rope. Prince Nana stepped in to stop them and promised that This Samoan Nightmare was far from over. (C-)</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Marty Scurll</strong> formally accepted <strong>Bobby Fish’</strong>s challenge and said that next week they’ll do battle for his title… and he expects their to be joyous pain.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>John Hennigan</strong> cuts a promo on <strong>Ricochet</strong> saying that Ricochet may have the upper-hand for now but the Worldwide Superstar will have the last laugh. </p><p> </p><p> In the main event <strong>Jay Lethal and Ricochet</strong> teamed up to defeat <strong>“You Don’t Know Jack” Swagger and Shelton Benjamin</strong>. Another great main event from the NWA. Swagger and Benjamin never quite gelled and Swagger spent most of the time resting as Benjamin did the dirty work. Lethal hit Benjamin with the Lethal Combination to get his team the win and Swagger opted not to break up the pin. (B)</p><p> </p><p> With Swagger, saving his energy for another time. As we go off the air the announcers formally announce that there will be another Pay-Per-View event at the end of August <strong>NWA Survival of the Fittest</strong> and the main event will be the <strong><em>NWA World Heavyweight Title</em></strong> match. They also formally announced that Jay Briscoe will return to action at the PPV and the Briscoe’s will get their tag title shot.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Quick Recap:</span></strong></p><p> </p><ul><li>The Samoan Nightmare technically lost, but they annihilated The Rising Sun and sent a warning to the NWA.<br /></li><li>In the main event Jay Lethal and Ricochet defeated John Hennigan and Swagger<br /></li><li>The NWA formally announced the next PPV would end the month of August (3 shows away).<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong><em>What You Missed</em></strong>:</p><p> Rocky Romero defeated Shane Strickland (C+)</p><p> Mike Bennett defeated Mark Briscoe ©</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">NWA TV (August Week 2, Taped August Week 1)</span></strong></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> The show opened with a new pairing at the table, <strong>Mauro Ranallo</strong> was joined by <strong>Taz</strong>, but <strong>Taz</strong> opened the show by announcing he has officially agreed to return to the WWE Announce Table effective at the upcoming WWE Pay-Per-View. After a brief conversation and well-wishes Ranallo and Taz began their final broadcast together and kicked it off with some hype for <strong>NWA Survival of the Fittest</strong>, they announced the first two match-ups. <strong>The Briscoes</strong> facing the <strong>Motor City Machine Guns</strong> for the Tag Titles and <strong>“You Don’t Know Jack” Swagger</strong> doing battle with <strong>Ricochet</strong> for the NWA World Heavyweight Title.</p><p> </p><p> In a pre-recorded statement, <strong>Ricky Steamboat</strong> announces that <strong>Shelton Benjamin</strong> has decided to formally retire from pro wrestling, as he has accepted an offer to join the WWE as a manager for <em>American Alpha</em>. We at the NWA are thrilled for Shelton and are glad he was with us for as long as he was! With that, <strong>Ricky Steamboat</strong> announces that our partner <span style="color:#00FF00;"><strong>Pro Wrestling Guerrilla</strong></span> is hosting the <span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Battle Of Los Angeles</strong></span> next weekend and that the winner will get a <strong><em>NWA North American Title</em></strong> shot against <strong>Jay Lethal</strong> at Survival of the Fittest.</p><p> </p><p> With all the news to kick off the show, the matches finally got underway with <strong>Chris Sabin</strong> of the champion Motor City Machine Guns taking on <strong>Keith Lee</strong> of the pain in the ass Pretty Boy Killers. Chris Sabin got the better of the goliath Keith Lee and won the match-up but that didn’t prevent Lee and Shane Taylor from brawling with Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin, as the brawl was on going <strong>Jay Briscoe</strong> made his return as he and his brother cleared house with two chairs, saving the <strong>Motor City Machine Guns</strong>. Mauro announced that next week the <strong>Briscoes</strong> will take on the <strong>Pretty Boy Killers</strong>. (C-)</p><p> </p><p> Backstage we see <strong>Bobby Fish</strong> getting taped up for tonight’s main event.</p><p> </p><p> In a quick women’s match-up, <strong>Kellie Skater</strong> defeated John Hennigan’s lovely manager <strong>Melina Perez</strong>. We struggle to come up with great storylines for the women’s division and the fans really don’t react to them… oh well. It fills time. (D)</p><p> </p><p> We saw the Friday Night Flashback which recapped last week’s Main Event where Jay Lethal and Ricochet defeated Hennigan and Benjamin. Back at the announce table Mauro discussed the upcoming Survival of the Fittest, only two weeks away!</p><p> </p><p> In the Main Event, <strong>“The Villain” Marty Scurll</strong> defended his NWA British Commonwealth championship against <strong>Bobby Fish</strong> in a technical brawl that got the fans going and kept them engaged throughout. Both Scurll and Fish showed they are top guys in the NWA and the fans went home happy. (B-)</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Quick Recap:</span></strong></p><p> </p><ul><li>The NWA formally announced the departures of Shelton Benjamin and Taz<br /></li><li>Chris Sabin defeated Keith Lee, and the MCMG were saved by a returning Jay Briscoe<br /></li><li>Kellie Skater defeated Melina Perez<br /></li><li>In the main event, The Villain defended his NWA British Commonwealth Title defeating Bobby Fish<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p></div></blockquote>

<p>NWA August Week 3 and 4 Tapings, Lead-Up To PPV</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><strong>NWA TV (August Week 3, Taped August Week 3)</strong></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> The show opens with <strong>Prince Nana</strong> and <strong>Mauro Ranallo</strong> at the announce table. Mauro thanks Nana for filling in for the departed Taz and then we go over the card for tonight. While that is happening the cameras pan to the back where <strong>Ricky Steamboat</strong> is breaking up a conflict between <strong>Frankie Kazarian and Bobby Fish</strong>. He tells them both they’ll face each other next week and sends both men on their separate ways.</p><p> </p><p> The show opens with <strong>Amazing Red</strong> and <strong>Shannon Moore</strong> getting aerial. Neither man is loved in the NWA and the fans seem thrilled when Moore, Mooregasm’s for the victory… (D) </p><p> </p><p> Moore’s celebration is very short lived as <strong>Mike Bennett</strong>, The Prodigal Son of Professional Wrestling clears the ring of both men and then runs down the crowd. He says fans don’t pay to see flips and stuff, they pay to see the <em><span style="text-decoration:underline;">PRODIGAL SON</span></em> and next week they’ll see him live.</p><p> </p><p> Backstage we see Cocky <strong>Kenny King</strong> wandering around, he finds <strong>Jesse White</strong> and they appear to hit it off. Within a few seconds the two cocky superstars decide they want to tag right now and head to the ring.</p><p> </p><p> The thrown together tag team of <strong>Kenny King and Jesse White</strong> defeated the <strong>Rising Sun</strong> in a solid but not spectacular tag match. Time will tell if King and White continue to tag. ©.</p><p> </p><p> Backstage we see the <em>Friday Flashback</em> to last week when the <strong>Briscoes </strong>returned as a team and saved the <strong>MCMG</strong> from the <strong>Pretty Boy Killers</strong>.</p><p> </p><p> In the main event, <strong>Jay and Mark Briscoe</strong> easily outclassed Keith Lee and Shane Taylor, <strong>The Pretty Boy Killers</strong>. As the show was going off the air <strong>Ricky Steamboat</strong> announced <strong>The Briscoes</strong> would get their title shot against the <strong>Motor City Machine Guns</strong> at Survival of the Fittest. (C+)</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Quick Recap:</span></strong></p><p> </p><ul><li>Shannon Moore knocked out Amazing Red<br /></li><li>Kenny King and Jesse White teamed to defeat the Rising Sun<br /></li><li>The Briscoes defeated the Pretty Boy Killers and were announced to be getting their title shot.<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong><em>What You Missed If You Weren’t There:</em></strong></p><p> Nothing!</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">NWA TV (August Week 4, taped August Week 3)</span></strong></span></p></div><p></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> The final TV episode before The Survival of the Fittest kicked off with <strong>Rocky Romero</strong> heading to the ring and demanding anyone come to the ring and get their ass kicked. <strong>Shane Strickland</strong> obliged and he and Romero sneakily put on one of the best matches the NWA has had to date, Romero did get the win but Strickland showed that he's a potential star in the making. (B).</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Raven</strong> makes his surprise debut. He addresses the NWA faithful as his followers and tells them that they should be expecting the <span style="color:#800080;">MADNESS</span>…. But fear not, because Raven is <span style="color:#800080;">THE CURE…</span> Quoth The Raven, Nevermore.</p><p> </p><p> As promised last week, <strong>The Prodigal Son of Professional Wrestling, Mike Bennett</strong>, was in action taking on <strong>“Flippy Guy” Lio Rush</strong>. Bennett wanted nothing to do with the aerial act of Lio Rush and wore him down with his power before hitting him with The Fix for the victory. (C-)</p><p> </p><p> Backstage, we see <strong>Ricochet</strong> talking to the caterer about his excitement for his shot at the NWA Title and how much it means to him, just then <strong>“You Don’t Know Jack” Swagger and John Hennigan</strong> jump Ricochet. They beat up him and finish him off with a huge suplex through the catering table. Mauro wonders aloud if Ricochet will be able to compete at Survival of the Fittest.</p><p> </p><p> The camera transitioned to a video from Reseda where <strong><span style="color:#00FF00;">Pro Wrestling Guerrilla</span></strong> held the Battle For Los Angeles! In this years edition the winner gets a shot at the NWA North American Title at NWA Survival of the Fittest. The highlights of the championship between <strong>Adam Cole</strong> and <strong>Ryback</strong> are shown. The winner, and the man facing <strong>Jay Lethal</strong> will be....... <strong>Ryback</strong>!</p><p> </p><p> In the TV Main Event: <strong>Frankie Kazarian</strong> handed <strong>Bobby Fish</strong> another tough luck loss. The match-up was a good, but not spectacular match that saw both men hit most of the signature moves before Kazarian managed to get the advantage and hit Fish with the Wave of the Future (B-).</p><p> </p><p> Nana and Ranallo send us off the air with a promo for NWA Survival of the Fittest hyping the card.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Quick Recap:</span></strong></p><p> </p><ul><li>Rocky Romero defeated Shane Strickland in a show-stealing match<br /></li><li>“The Prodigal Son” Mike Bennett defeated Lio Rush<br /></li><li>Frankie Kazarian took down Bobby Fish<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">NWA Survival of the Fittest Card:</span></strong></p><p> </p><ul><li>For the NWA World Heavyweight Title: “You Don’t Know Jack” Swagger defends vs. Ricochet<br /></li><li>For the NWA World Tag Team Titles: The Motor City Machine Guns defend vs. The Briscoe Brothers<br /></li><li>For the NWA North American Title: Jay Lethal defends against PWG’s BOLA 2017 Winner: RYBACK!<br /></li><li>For the NWA British Commonwealth Title: Marty Scurll defends against SMASH Wrestling Superstar “M-Dogg 20” Matt Cross.<br /></li><li>Plus, Bobby Fish looks to get back on track as he challenges the “Prodigal Son” Mike Bennett. <br /> [*}And Paul London and Frankie Kazarian go one on one.<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> NWA Survival of the Fittest</p><p> NWA World: "You Don't Know Jack" Swagger © vs. Ricochet</p><p> NWA North American: Jay Lethal © vs. Ryback</p><p> NWA Tag: The Motor City Machine Guns © vs. The Briscoe Brothers</p><p> NWA British Commonwealth: Marty Scurll © vs. "M-Dogg 20" Matt Cross</p><p> Bobby Fish vs. Mike Bennett</p><p> Frankie Kazarian vs. Paul London</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Up next is the Survival of the Fittest, one of the things I've enjoyed about this story is that I've been able to incorporate the AIs decision making and logic into the story, hence Ryback. Ideally I want our partnerships to be organic and as long as the AI is booking that keeps things fresh. Taz and Shelton Benjamin departing are only the beginning... and that's what makes this fun! Thanks for following along thus far.</p>

NWA World: "You Don't Know Jack" Swagger © vs. Ricochet

NWA North American: Jay Lethal © vs. Ryback

NWA Tag: The Motor City Machine Guns © vs. The Briscoe Brothers

NWA British Commonwealth: Marty Scurll © vs. "M-Dogg 20" Matt Cross

Bobby Fish vs. Mike Bennett

Frankie Kazarian vs. Paul London

• 2 weeks later...
<p>NWA: Survival</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-size:18px;">NWA Survival (Saturday August Week 4, Live on PPV)</span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><ul><li>Prior to the show those arriving early caught a glimpse of <strong>Raven</strong> in the ring as he and <strong>Punisher Martinez</strong> tagged to defeat the <strong>Rising Son</strong>.<br /></li><li>Also pre-show and available exclusively on NWA.TV: <strong>Dezmond Xavier and Lio Rush</strong> “defeated” the <strong>Samoan Nightmare</strong> (Afa and Fallah) after Fallah and Afa refused to follow the referees orders.<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">Live from Les Murakami Stadium, this is the NATIONAL WRESTLING ALLIANCE, THIS IS THE SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST, THIS IS </span></span><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">NWA: SURVIVAL.</span></strong></span></span></p><p> </p><p> <iframe width="260" height="158" src="<a href="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ro8shNTlzTY?rel=0" rel="external nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ro8shNTlzTY?rel=0"</a> frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></p><p> </p><p> The PPV opens with a basic pyrotechnic show, <strong>Mauro Ranallo</strong> is in the ring with <strong>Ricky Steamboat</strong>. They say that tonight, the second PPV in this companies new history will have a new flavor. Steamboat says that for the last month finding a full-time replacement for <strong>Taz</strong> has been a challenge, he thanked <strong>Prince Nana</strong> for pitching-in as the company looked for the proper voice to work with Mauro. But that he was proud to announce that the man has been found. <strong>“The Legend” MIKE TENAY</strong>! Mike Tenay comes out to a nice pop and joins Mauro as they head to the announce table. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Steamboat</strong> then follows up by calling out the winner of <span style="color:#00FF00;">Pro Wrestling Guerrilla</span>’s <em>Battle of Los Angeles</em>, and tonight’s challenger for the NWA North American Title, <strong>RYBACK</strong>. Ryback comes out to a good pop but immediately begins to deride these small “Indy” superstars. He says he won BOLA because he is a beast and wanted to prove that he would dominate the independent scene because he is THE MAIN EVENT, THE MAN AMONG BOYS. He says that tonight he’ll establish himself as the top Independent Superstar in Pro Wrestling…</p><p> </p><p> As Ryback heads to the back, <strong>Mike Tenay and Mauro Ranallo</strong> welcome us to the Survival of the Fittest, NWA Survival, they inform us the show is opening with <strong>Marty Scurll</strong> defending his NWA British Commonwealth Title against <span style="color:#4169E1;">SMASH Wrestling</span>’s <strong>Matt Cross</strong>. Both men mentioned Cross’s background and did point out that he should be familiar to NWA fans as he had a match against Mike Bennett back when Bennett debuted and participated in the inaugural Battle Royal. With that said, they both point out that he earned this opportunity and title shot through our partnership with SMASH Wrestling.</p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FFFF00;"><strong><em>NWA British Commonwealth Title</em></strong></span></p><p> <strong>Marty Scurll © vs. Matt Cross</strong></p><p> <iframe width="280" height="158" src="<a href="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QEb9XwV-ruw?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0" rel="external nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/embed/QEb9XwV-ruw?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0"</a> frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></p><p> Recap: Without saying too much, Marty Scurll showed why he is the reigning champ as he dismantled Matt Cross without much of a fight. Cross got a couple big moves in but ultimately stood no chance against the champ.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Winner and STILL: "The Villain" Marty Scurll</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> Backstage we see <strong>"The Prodigal Son Of Professional Wrestling" Mike Bennett</strong> walking. He runs into <strong>Bobby Fish</strong> and calls him a loser. Tells Fish that he needs to find his guiding light and that, that could be him… Mike Bennett, the Prodigal Son of Professional Wrestling. Fish immediately rejects that notion. And tells Bennett he needs no help, just needs a fight, so tonight they should fight. Bennett smirks as he walks off... the camera pans up to the lights.</p><p> </p><p> Back in the ring we are getting ready for the NWA Tag Title Match, we see a quick video recapping the Tag Division as a whole and the concussion suffered by Jay Briscoe that prevented the Briscoe’s from challenging for the titles until now.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><em><span style="color:#FFFF00;">NWA World Tag Team Championship</span></em></strong></p><p> <strong>The Motor City Machine Guns © vs. The Briscoe Brothers</strong></p><p> Recap: The long awaited title match finally took place. Both teams showcased why they are the stars of the NWA Tag Division. Jay Briscoe showed no lingering issues from his concussion and hit some of the signature Briscoe moves that have made them a staple over the last 10 years or so. The ending of this match saw Shelley and Sabin take advantage of a miscue by Jay Briscoe and hit their tag finisher for the victory.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Winners and STILL: The Motor City Machine Guns…(B)</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> Victory was short lived as the <strong>Pretty Boy Killers</strong> and their manager <strong>Shaul Guerrero</strong> hit the ring and absolutely destroyed all four men in the ring. They stood tall as we went backstage.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Frankie Kazarian</strong> was standing by with the backstage interviewer. He said he’d take it from here. He went on a long diatribe about how he was always the “<em>Future</em>” but was never the present. He was never given the chances his peers were. He mentioned how he trained <em>Samoa Joe</em>, trained <em>John Cena</em>, finally coming to mention coming up with <strong>Paul London</strong> in California and how they were neck in neck but ultimately London made it to the big stage… Kazarian said he’s been all over the world but he’s still not there… he tells London that he wants to see him in the ring in the next 2-3 minutes to prove why he is the future… The camera cut to the locker room where Paul London was watching the show on a couch, conveniently in ring gear. The cameraman asked London if he’d accept, and London said "Hell Yeah Bro".</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Frankie Kazarian vs. Paul London</strong></p><p> Recap: Two long-time peers and rivals Frankie Kazarian and Paul London took each other on in an impromptu match-up. Kazarian has been building some solid momentum here in the NWA with wins over the likes of Bobby Fish and Lio Rush in the last few weeks. Paul London meanwhile, has been around… but hasn’t built much momentum with the NWA. In this match Kazarian took advantage and hit the Wave of the Future, yelling “I am still THE FUTURE” (C+)</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Winner: Frankie Kazarian</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> Backstage we see <strong>Kenny King</strong> sitting on a casting couch of sorts. He gives an unfiltered interview about how he is the real deal. King is a guy who we are looking for things to do and this was a chance for him to just spew his thoughts… most of which were about how great he is.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>“The Prodigal Son Of Professional Wrestling” Mike Bennett vs. Bobby Fish</strong></p><p> Recap: Backstage earlier tonight Mike Bennett offered his assistance to the struggling for a win Bobby Fish, instead of assistance he got a fight. Fish battered Bennett for much of the first half of the match. But ultimately Bennett found his second gear and managed to hit The Fix on Bobby Fish. He grabbed a microphone and told Fish, he could have helped him… instead he just "Fixed" the problem. He laughed as he walked off and Fish pounded the mat in frustration.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Winner: Mike Bennett ©</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> Backstage: <strong>Jay Lethal</strong> talks about his challenge tonight and how defeating <strong>Ryback</strong> will remind fans why the NWA is home to the greatest wrestlers in the world.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><em><span style="color:#FFFF00;">NWA North American Title</span></em></strong></p><p> <strong>Jay Lethal © vs. Ryback (PWG’s Battle of Los Angeles 2017 Winner)</strong></p><p> Recap: Ryback clearly has the strength advantage here and for the first part of the match this was evident, but Jay Lethal has beaten big men before and used that experience to keep him in this match-up. He ultimately managed to fell the beast with a high flying elbow drop and retain his title.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Winner and STILL: Jay Lethal (B)</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> As <strong>Lethal</strong> was celebrating on the ramp, <strong>Rocky Romero</strong> jumped him from behind and planted him on the ramp with a huge DDT. Leaving Lethal bloodied and needing assistance to leave. Romero told the crowd and everyone watching that 2017 would continue to be the year of Romero.</p><p> </p><p> We got a video package highlighting <strong>Ricochet and “You Don’t Know Jack” Swagger</strong>. This video was narrated by <strong>Billy Corgan</strong> and highlighted Swagger’s collegiate wrestling background, his reaching the pinnacle of the sport as a World Heavyweight Champion and now being the reborn NWA World Heavyweight Champion. It highlighted <strong>Ricochet</strong> as a fierce competitor with the heart of a lion. Willing to take on all comers and take out the those who stood in his way… This will be a war.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><em><span style="color:#FFFF00;">NWA World Heavyweight Title</span></em></strong></p><p> <strong>“You Don’t Know Jack” Swagger © vs. Ricochet</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://www.auplod.com/u/udalpo98d20.png</span></p><p> “YOU DON’T KNOW JACK AND THAT’S A FACT” <strong>Swagger</strong> came out to his annoyingly catchy rock theme. The fans showered him in boos but he didn’t seem to care. He shined the title up and handed it off as <strong>Ricochet</strong> entered the squared circle. The bout itself was one of the best we’ve seen yet with both men battling it out for close to twenty minutes without a winner being decided. Let’s send it to Mauro Ranallo and Mike Tenay for the final minute.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Mauro</strong>: Keep in mind Mike, Ricochet was assaulted earlier this week by John Hennigan and the champ, they took a lot of cheapshots on him and as this match continues do you think his stamina will be able to hold?</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Mike</strong>: One thing that Ricochet has normally is his speed, and in this match-up he’s been moving slower than normal, that’s allowed Swagger to keep him grounded. Over the years I’ve watched Swagger from afar but tonight, up close and personal I see why he is a multi-time heavyweight champ in multiple brands.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Mauro</strong>: Swagger with a huge Olympic Takedown, Ricochet is writhing in pain on the mat as Swagger stalks…He goes to pick him up but Ricochet counters and rolls him up… 1-2-…. KICKOUT</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Mike</strong>: Wow, that was close, we almost had a new champ as both men retreat to their corners…</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Mauro</strong>: Here the come charging like bulls…</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Mike</strong>: OHHHH lookout, as they neared collision Ricochet leapt into the air but Swagger caught him and planted him right in the middle of the mat with a devastating spinebuster.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Mauro</strong>: He just didn’t appear to have all his jumping ability…as Swagger locks on the Patriot Lock and Ricochet will have no choice but to tap.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Mike</strong>: Swagger defends…</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WINNER and STILL: “You Don’t Know Jack” Swagger (B)</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> The show goes off the air with Mike Tenay and Mauro Ranallo lamenting the heinous assault by Hennigan and Swagger that left Ricochet weaker than he needed to be to win this match-up.</p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Quick Recap:</span></strong></p><p> </p><ul><li>Marty Scurll defeated Matt Cross to defend his NWA British Commonwealth Title<br /></li><li>The Motor City Machine Guns defeated The Briscoes to defend the NWA Tag Titles<br /></li><li>Frankie Kazarian defeated Paul London<br /></li><li>Mike Bennett took down Bobby Fish<br /></li><li>Jay Lethal defeated Ryback to continue his reign as NWA North American Champ<br /></li><li>“You Don’t Know Jack” Swagger forced Ricochet to tap out and defended his NWA World Heavyweight Title<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ratedcc: Thank you again for the predictions, 5/6 this time bringing your total to 9 out 11. Still working out a concept for a prize, but you are currently in the lead of the small pack.</p><p> </p><p> Standings:</p><p> </p><ol style="list-style-type:decimal;"><li>Ratedcc (9/11)<br /></li><li>Herrbear (4/5)<br /></li></ol><p></p>

• 4 weeks later...

Brief update:

Been on the road for much of the last month... Which normally would mean time to update this...... But on day 3 of the trip, computers logic board decided to give out.

Have a new computer awaiting my return, but still have 10+ days on the road.

Not sure if I'll be able to salvage the diary long-term but I'm going to give it a shot... Worst case scenario I have the word document with news/notes through April 2018 that I'll post as a wrap up... Best case scenario.... I'll keep going. But it'll be at least two weeks before then.

Archived