I have version 1.47

I am playing a real world 1985 mod

Almost every company has a tv or event deals. They all have tv shows in the database but after almost two years of game play none of them have any active tv shows running.

Is there a "setting" that I am missing? What would cause this? They all have events but no tv shows.

Is there anything that I can do to make them start running shows?

Whether they have TV shows in the database has no bearing at all on their likelihood of getting a TV show.

The most likely reason is the most obvious one, that the companies simply aren't big enough to start looking for TV. If you're playing in 1985, the vast majority of promotions would likely fall into that category, assuming the database is set to reflect reality.

The other major reason would be that there aren't any TV stations that they are able to fill the requirements for and therefore are incapable of getting deals even if they wanted them.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Derek B" data-cite="Derek B" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43747" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It depends on the mod. You can set broadcasters to accept negotiations with companies of any size, so it's entirely down to the mod in question.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> And with no mods?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43747" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Whether they have TV shows in the database has no bearing at all on their likelihood of getting a TV show.<p> </p><p> The most likely reason is the most obvious one, that the companies simply aren't big enough to start looking for TV. If you're playing in 1985, the vast majority of promotions would likely fall into that category, assuming the database is set to reflect reality.</p><p> </p><p> The other major reason would be that there aren't any TV stations that they are able to fill the requirements for and therefore are incapable of getting deals even if they wanted them.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you for the info.</p>

<p>Tangentially related but...</p><p> </p><p>

An AI US-based company in my game is at Cult and was able to get a TV deal on a 3 region broadcaster. However, as soon as they did, they started holding their TV show all over the country, including in areas where they (and their workers) have basically 0 popularity. It's hurting them financially and threatening to get their show knocked off the air for not meeting the broadcaster's quality.</p><p> </p><p>

Can anything be done to fix this situation?</p>

Archived