It means that both providers are supplying service to the same area. For example, PPV Broadcaster 1 provides service to Great Lakes, South East, Mid Atlantic, & Tri State... you have an agreement with them... but you try to sign PPV Broadcaster 2 which has coverage in the Mid West, North West, and Great Lakes.... the Great Lakes is the Clashing Coverage. When you try to show a ppv with both of these companies it will show the clashing coverage.

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HoganKnowsLeast" data-cite="HoganKnowsLeast" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43835" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>But what's the point? It doesn't seem realistic to me. Don't real life promotions show PPVs on multiple platforms in multiple regions at once?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In the game it wouldn't make sense. For example if you had DishNetwork and Time Warner for ppv, showing the same event on both will serve no purpose. You wouldn't receive more buys because they cover the same area.</p>

<p>It isn't realistic. In the real world, you have people who only have one of DirecTV, Dish, and cable, so being on all three ensures your bigger buyrate. You would end up with upset fans if you weren't able to provide your content to all potential options, and it would hit your buyrate hard to drop any one of them. </p><p>

Fun fact: when the WWE Network came about and so they dropped most of their actual pay-per-view coverage from companies like Dish and DirecTV, as much as the WWE advertised that their "Network Special Events" were only watchable on the WWE Network, my wife who works for a customer service for DirecTV still had a plethora of calls every PPV Sunday from people wondering where and how to order the pay-per-view. It was so bad that the company had to prepare a statement about it for every employee to read off to people, but as of some time ago they reinstated their regular coverages and it isn't much of an issue anymore.</p><p> </p><p>

However, the game looks at it as though everyone in the country has all possible providers. I guess it's a better way? I've seen it said that it's more streamlined so that the player can just nab one sized provider for the whole country and go with it. TV shows are the same, as the Universal HD channel replays Raw and SD every week but it would be silly to set something like that up in TEW, and the game would block you from doing it anyways. It's just the way it's been for over a decade in EWR/TEW, so most of us long time players have just accepted it as the way the game works.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43835" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> You wouldn't receive more buys because they cover the same area.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This I didn't know. I was mostly upset because it's not letting me renew my PPV deal because of clashing coverage even though the original deal was already in place when I started the game.</p>

Archived