So basically I recently got the game. And I have been searching for the most realistic mod possible. I installed a mod created by TheWho87 which is really detailed and all but for some reason whatever I do the RATINGS SUCK. Literally I put a match for the US Title between AJ Styles and Kevin Owens and it got 68... I mean okay even though they are my favorite I wasn't expecting 100 but 68 is pretty low IMO. So all I am asking is: Is Fleisch's mod more lenient regarding Ratings? I think it has less workers available (correct me if I am wrong) but is it worth trying it over TheWho87's? Coz I CBA with this rating bs. Also what other mods would you recommend? I am only looking for mods based on real rosters present or past. Please lemme know because I was keeping money for 2 months for this and I feel bumped that I might not be able to use it and actually enjoy it.

There are a LOT of factors in the outcome of a rating...

Match length, wether it's on television or PPV, wether the people in question have good / bad chemistry, wether or not it's a "cold" match (ie. not involved in a storyline), their popularity and so so on... I don't think the mod has anything to with it. The first matches you book will always score lower than expected, as you need to build their popularity and momentum. A cold match with no build up, will not rock the world.

I myself booked Undertaker and Mankind on RAW, both has 92+ in popularity. The match scored a 74. So yeah...

There are a LOT of factors in the outcome of a rating...

Match length, wether it's on television or PPV, wether the people in question have good / bad chemistry, wether or not it's a "cold" match (ie. not involved in a storyline), their popularity and so so on... I don't think the mod has anything to with it. The first matches you book will always score lower than expected, as you need to build their popularity and momentum. A cold match with no build up, will not rock the world.

I myself booked Undertaker and Mankind on RAW, both has 92+ in popularity. The match scored a 74. So yeah...

1) Thanks for writing

2) I understand that. And I have read reviews about this. But this happens for almost everything. Promos,matches,angles. Everyone just struggles to get to the 70s. And I thought that it was just the start. So I continued on but nothing changed...

Well... I'm playing the Art of War mod, starting in June 1998.

I'm getting more 100 rated segments than I've ever gotten, do to hot storylines and such. But a part of it might also be 'cause guys like Rock, Stone Cold and so forth has awesome mic skills and are insanely over at that point in time.

There are tons of mods, so don't get frustrated over your results from one.

First of all, there is a learning curve involved. The notes you use have an impact on the match grade. Depending on the features and options you have turned on, tons of things could impact that grade - momentum, gimmick, storyline heat, or even the other matches before it. Those are things that can give bonuses or penalties. Having the Dirt Sheet feature turned on can really help understand what is impacting the match. And a good rule of thumb is that if you don't know what a Road Agent Note does, don't use it until you have an idea. There is tons of in-game help but you can also ask if that isn't clear.

When it comes to a mod and what kind of grades you can realistically expect, there are very few where you can throw any two workers together and are likely to get an awesome grade. TEW isn't EWR. There are a lot more factors at play.

I nice way to test what kind of results you can expect from a given mod is to start up a save unemployed and run it for a couple of months. The AI will usually get grades in the area of what you can expect. Personally, I know that I can usually score grades 1 or 2 above the AI, but when you are learning to book in TEW, that might be a bit tougher and looking to approximate the AI might be a good goal.

And honestly, Styles and Owens getting a 68 isn't outrageous IMO. They are both good workers, but neither has outstanding popularity (which is very important in the WWE's product), and neither probably has great momentum. Both guys might push to Main Eventer but probably don't have the popularity levels you would really want in a National-level company for a headliner. The US title isn't adding anything to the match grade. Depending on exactly what their popularity and skill levels are, I would probably expect low to mid 70s, so that's not far off. Depending on what you have played before, that might seem low. But consider that a match in the 80s is a really strong main event level match and a match in the 90s is starting to be a match of the year contender.... so yeah, 80s and 90s shouldn't be super easy to score.

Edit - great advice, Gungner.

Archived