Unable to move up from Local - what am I doing wrong?

<p>I bought TEW2013 in the Steam summer sale, and I wanted to try a Local Fed.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm running the 1991 Rising Storm mod, based out of the Great Lakes region in the US.</p><p> </p><p>

Turned a profit in each of my first 9 months, running in the same 300-seat venue. First five shows were all in the 35-39 show rating, then got a bit more aggressive, with ratings of 48, 49, 52 and 45.</p><p> </p><p>

But I can't get any traction or growth. My Prestige is 2, my Momentum is 0. My Great Lakes Popularity keeps bouncing between 10-11. And what's worse, my Importance is 8 (it never goes above 11).</p><p> </p><p>

I'm using a roster with solid workers (Steve Austin, Booker T, Rob Van Dam, Jerry Lynn), sprinkled with some decent but locally-popular guys (Wayne Bloom, Mark Antony). I have a half-dozen workers in 35-45 Over range for Great Lakes.</p><p> </p><p>

Is there something I'm missing? I keep finishing last or second-last in regional rankings each month... but I can't even get 11 Importance to become Small, which would allow me to run two shows a month and start hiring better workers. Any help would be appreciated!</p>

<p>Growing takes a long time unless you know how to work the system, you're not doing anything wrong per say, you're popularity goes up by decimals, so if you gain it may be a .1, doing so with only one show a month would take a very very long time.</p><p> </p><p>

you can go in to the editor to see how much you go up by after every show, keep in mind how well wrestling is doing in your areas affects it to. if its unpopular you wont gain pop fast.</p>

If you're finishing last \ second-to-last in the regional battle each month you're getting hammered with penalties, hence why you're making no progress.

To be honest, it sounds like you've just picked a poor place to start, as if you're a rookie to the game then going up against a lot of other promotions in regional battles can be brutal.

You would either need to raise your show ratings enough to start winning the regional battles, or, give yourself a better chance to learn the game by starting out with a larger promotion or one that isn't going to get sucked into regional battles early on.

Archived