Who Should win my X Division MITB type match?

<p>I'm currently playing as the head Booker for TNA in 2006. </p><p> </p><p>

So Destination X is coming up so I decided to do something X Division Themed, so I decided on a six man ultimate X match for a Briefcase for a shot at the X Division title, anytime, anywhere. This is the final time i'm doing the whole, X division title cash in for a world title thing, as I want the X Division to feel like a bigger deal. I have face X Division Champ Aries facing Heel world champ Christian Cage, or just Cage. I am going to give Cage the win (He just won the belt.) and Ill have a 1v1 the next Impact to crown a new champ. So basically I shoved all the big stars of the X Division into this 6 man match, and I plan for a cash in to happen maybe around Turning Point (Which is in December). I'm a bit stumped on who to give the win to so i'm asking you all. </p><p> </p><p>

Here is a breakdown of each Competitor</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Amazing Red (Face)-</strong> The newest member to the X Division, Red is the worst when it comes to In ring performance, doing an average of a C+ compared to everyone else who range from B- to A. He is pretty popular and is not really horrible, but he is probably my bottom pick to win this thing</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Alex Shelly(Heel)-</strong> I have faith in Shelly in the long run, and although I love the Machine Guns, i'm going to try to push Shelly as the next top heel in the X Division. Shelly's in ring performances have been unreal, and he has had amazing matches lately with guys like Roddy Strong and Sabin(Who he beat to qualify for this match btw),and his performances have rivaled those of AJ and Joe's. That being said, he is not really the most over yet, and he is still a work in progress. I don't really know if in a year game time ill be ready to give Shelly the belt. I am not really comfortable giving Shelly the win, but I am not totally against it.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Eric Young (Heel)-</strong> Eric is an odd story. He was supposed to be a top heel team with Bobby Roode as team Canada, but Bobby tore his ACL and I contemplated dropping him to avoid over filling the roster. In the end I decided to extend his deal for 9 mouths and place him in the X Division and see how things played out. And it has gone pretty well, he just had a great feud with AJ and is coming into this match pretty hot. However, I honestly think that at this point Eric could be a Main Event player, I see him being a big member in the growing Planet Jarrett Stable along with the Test and Morgan, adding some character to the stable. Overall I think Young has the potential to reach new heights, and this briefcase might be a chain stopping him.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Samoa Joe (Heel)-</strong> The former X Division champ Samoa Joe is easily the Number one heel in the X Division at the moment, and can easily have great matches with almost all of the division. He has the skill and Pop to be a main event guy, but his presence in the division legitimizes it, and while guys like Sabin Strong and Shelly develop into bigger stars, his presence in the Division in necessary. He would be a good fit for the case, as he is a heel and again, everything Joe touches elevates at this point, so it would be a nice way to make the briefcase seem bigger. BUT, I do need someone to win the belt when Aries loses it at Destination X, and I feel like giving the belt back to Aries is a waste of time, so Joe would be best fit as champ and then continuing his feud with Aries. So Joe might be better with the belt then chasing it</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>A.J Styles (Face)-</strong> The best performer when it comes to In ring skill in this match is A.J Styles. A.J needs no intro, and he is just getting better and better and he is already great! He is the top face in the division and a true superstar. But here is the problem. He is a total Baby face, and I feel that A.J is the perfect opponent to anyone on the heel side, and if he switched, then the Heel face Ratio would be lop sided talent wise. Having a face with something with the MITB gimmick attached to it is never really the best move unless you are going to turn them or have them challenge in advance (which is a dumb idea IMO). </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Fallen Angel/ Christopher Daniels (Face set to turn)</strong> Maybe the dude who can match AJ when it comes to in ring skill is Fallen Angel. He can put on great matches, cut pretty good promos, and can play a Face or Heel very well. He is definitely a dude that could be a champion in the future, and I have high hopes for him. I have him turning soon as he has feuded with most of the Heels in the division. I am going to have a huge build up to a turn at Slamiversary. He recently got hurt, but he was able to recover quickly . He has been hurt twice, both in his shoulder, which raises the question. Is He injury prone? If he is, can I really trust him with the Case. It is a big dilemma but overall I am optimistic.</p>

<p>I say Angel</p><p> </p><p>

He seems like the perfect choice. a great In ring performer, over I presume since you did not mention him having any popularity Problems, he is turning so he can be a heel with the case, and its a good way to replace Joe as the top heel and advance him to the world title picture.</p>

<p>First of all, the matchup is crazy since Amazing Red, Alex Shelley, Eric Young are some of my all time favorites.</p><p> </p><p>

I think Shelley doesn't need the briefcase yet.. and it's too predictable to have him win this thing. Amazing Red is not ready yet but I think you could build him up in a feud with who ever win the briefcase to help him a bit.</p><p> </p><p>

Finally, EY or Daniels seem to be the best options right now. For the later, teasing a heel turn when it doesn't happen until he cashes the briefcase could be really cool, so I'd say Fallen Angel as well.</p>

Archived