WCW 2001 : A Touch Of Flair

Index :

2001 :

1. Introduction

April

2. Preparing For The New Era

3. WCW Thursday Night Nitro #1 (4/27/01)

May

4. WCW Thursday Night Nitro #2 (5/3/01)

5. WCW Presents : The Big Bang 2001 (5/6/01)

6. Post-PPV News & Notes

7. WCW Thursday Night Nitro #3 (5/10/01)

8. WCW Thursday Night Nitro #4 (5/17/01)

[/Quote]

I want to give major credit to TFC for inspiring me to do this with his very own diary. I look to go in a whole other direction and add that "What If" factor into this diary. I have a long term plan going forward with this as I was also inspired by a TEW 2005 mod titled "What IF...Flair bought WCW." Which is why I choose to be "The Nature Flair". I want to sort create the scenario that The Destroyer made up but also go about it in my own way. I hope you guys will enjoy this as much as I enjoy writing this. Any comments would greatly be appreciated! Thanks again to anyone who takes the time to read this and joins me on this journey to become the #1 promotion in the world.

<p>Introduction</p><p> </p><p> <em>I sat at my desk looking at the recently signed contract and still could not believe this was happening. I was officially the new owner of World Championship Wrestling. Many will probably think I went over my head with this purchase, and If I wasn't the one who bought it, I would probably think the same. For one, we had no TV deal in place, without a TV deal, we would get no exposure. For two, WCW's reputation was so tarnished the past couple of years with guys like Vince Russo, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff and many others. Last but not least, WCW had lost most of it's fans due to the mess. I had hope though, because I feel I have exactly what it takes to turn WCW around. Vince McMahon must be laughing right now, speaking of which.....</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> My phone begins to ring, I take look at the caller ID and a smirk came upon my face when I had seen who it was.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44146" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>"Hey Vince, how are you today?" I said, knowing he knew about my purchase.<p> </p><p> "So It's true? You bought WCW?" He said getting straight to the point.</p><p> </p><p> "Haha yes I did Vince, WCW is now officially mine." I said without holding back the excitement.</p><p> </p><p> "Is the contract finalized and signed?" He asked sounding a little worried.</p><p> </p><p> "Of course, as a matter of fact, I have it right here in front of me." I said knowing that he wanted the company to himself.</p><p> </p><p> "Did you think twice before making that purchase? I mean, what can you honestly do to turn that sinking ship around? He asked but than continued "You were only a wrestler for that company and once for mine. You have no business experience to run your own company, what really makes you think you can run an already dead company?"</p><p> </p><p> "Your right, I may not have the business mindset to run my own successful company, Vince." I admitted "but this company and I have been through a lot. This company is what I consider my home and the last thing I would want to see is my home being sold to YOU!" </p><p> </p><p> "I admire your loyalty to the company, but you and I both know your better than this. Eventually, you'll go bankrupt and than you won't have that company or your money. Are you really wanting to put yoursel through that? He asked making it out to be like he was concerned.</p><p> </p><p> "Sometimes in life, you have to take a risk. You out of all people should know that Vince. Just like your little gamble in football. Exactly how is that turning out for you Vince?" I said, knowing it would only drive the anger out of Vince more.</p><p> </p><p> "Haha you always were the one with jokes, but what I'm telling you through this conversation right now isn't a joke. I'm serious, you'll lose everything you have with a gamble like this. Unlike me, if the XFL doesn't work out, at least I'm still rich. If WCW doesn't work out for you, than your reputation is tarnished and you lose all of what you put into that company." He said</p><p> </p><p> "I'll take my chances." I said, as I was ready to get some rest.</p><p> </p><p> "Look, I care for your future, so I'll make you an offer. Sell me WCW and I'll give you a nice profit on top of what you paid for it."</p><p> </p><p> "How generous but the answer is a no and it's not going to change." I said "You may have been able to pull off that move against many others in the past but you won't be chasing me off. I'm here to fight for this company, whether that means I go bankrupt or not!" </p><p> </p><p> "How unfortunate, than I guess I will have no other choice but to run you out with strength and power. Remember that I crushed Ted Turner and he had all the money at his disposal to get rid of me. You, your no where on that level. I'll squash you like a bug if we go head to head. So this is your final chance to reach an agreement with me. Take it or leave it." He said sounding confident that I would give in.</p><p> </p><p> "Like I said the first time, my answer is a no and it will not change." I said standing my ground.</p><p> </p><p> "Well than I'm sorry for what...."</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <em>I hung up before he could get another word out. I didn't need Vince threatening me. He may think I'm not the best option to run this company and that's his opinion. Most of my fans know that I won't go out without a fight, because in order to be the man, you got to beat the man and that's exactly what I'm going to do to Vince McMahon.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i.imgur.com/3ov06Drl.jpg</span><p> </p><p> <strong>No longer will WCW be operated by the mismanagement of Eric Bischoff.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> No longer will WCW be booked by the brainless idiot of Vince Russo.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> No longer will WCW be about selfishness and greed with guys like Hogan, Nash and Hall.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> This is MY WCW and all this company needs is a.....</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="color:#FFFF00;">Touch of Flair</span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p>2. Preparing For The New Era</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Many would wonder exactly how I was able to purchase the company from AOL and it was quite simple. I had talks with both the National Wrestling Alliance and Ted Turner, himself. The NWA agreed to give me financial backing, as long as I returned the favor by being apart of the alliance. I saw this as a great opportunity for both WCW and NWA to get exposure, plus the NWA is what originally created "The Nature Boy" so I thought I'd give back. My talks with Ted Turner before the sale also went really great. I talked to Turner about how I was interested in buying the company at the last minute. Turner informed me about AOL closing in on a deal with Vince McMahon but gave me his word that he'll pitch the idea of me buying the company. Both Turner and I agreed that the last place we wanted WCW to be was in the hands of Vince McMahon. I heard back the next day that AOL would sell to me and than the rest was history.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Nitro was held on March 26th, as was planned. WCW United States Champion, Booker T defeated WCW World Champion, Scott Steiner, to become the new world champion. I faced off against Sting in a losing effort. Both matches went down really well according to the fans. I like to think in my head that that was my final match but the fans don't know that yet. One thing I decided to do after the show had settled was retire the WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Championships. Our tag team division is weak as it is and the last thing we need is another one with a weight restrictions included. I hope to someday bring that back, as I find the cruiserweights to be quite entertaining and so do the fans. </em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Considering this to now be a new era here in WCW, I wanted to change the way we presented our product to the fans. For years now, WCW has been more about popularity than in pure skills and I think it's time for a change. I want WCW to be about action, holds, grapples, and high flying action. Sort of things that I could only dream about doing back in my day. I called up my team of road agents and we discussed the new formula. I informed them that our product would be much more different than WWE's and that we'll be presenting a more realistic, pure type of wrestling. This will be great news to our good in ring performers but guys who make it with they're popularity and charisma are bound to suffer by the changes. This new WCW will be more about how talented you are inside that ring than you are popular. </em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

After our episode of the Ted Turner Era was over on March 26th, I set a goal to get back on television as soon as possible. The day after my phone call with Vince, I began negotiations with several broadcasters. Negotiations went on for about a week or two but I was satisfied after it was all said and done. I was able to get several PPV deals signed that would give us coverage in both the US and Mexico. As for our show Nitro, I was able to expand it outside the US and actually got deals that would allow Nitro to get better exposure than our home country. The only disadvantage was that broadcasters would only agree to the terms if I agreed on a early / late evening slot. Considering we need as much eyes on our product as we can get, I agreed. While I did get a deal signed in every country outside the US, I couldn't find a provider for Canada. That was quite disappointing as many great wrestlers have came from there and they deserve to see our new style. I will be trying hard in the coming months to get a deal out there, as for now, I'm satisfied with what we got.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

I became even more satisfied when I realized some of the workers who were really dragging WCW down were not actually under WCW contracts, but instead, were under Turner contracts. I was pleased to know that I was not under any obligations to keep anyone I didn't want. Which meant, goodbye to Nash and Sid. Boy, that felt too good to do, actually, that felt too sweet! Haha</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Now that we are apart of the National Wrestling Alliance, I plan to bring in some promising rookies and stars to our programming. Perhaps, I may even bring someone in on our debut show. However, since I spent most of my time getting TV deals in place, nobody will be signed and ready to go once Nitro premieres on FX and various international stations. So lets run down how our roster looks going into our grand relaunch.</em></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WCW World Heavyweight Champion</span></strong></p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/lfrfUuh.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>Booker T (4th Reign)</strong></p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/ikFteFm.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>Won :</strong>March 26th, 2001 from Scott Steiner at WCW Monday Night Nitro</p><p>

<em>Previous champions (Since March 2001)</em></p><p>

None</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WCW United States Champion</span></strong></p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/g7nU8C0.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>Booker T</strong></p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/ikFteFm.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>Won :</strong>March 18th, 2001 from Rick Steiner at WCW Greed</p><p>

None</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WCW Cruiserweight Champion</span></strong></p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/NnYkvx4.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>Shane Helms</strong></p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/0cZ5ggO.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>Won :</strong>March 18th, 2001 from Chavo Guerrero Jr. At WCW Greed</p><p>

None</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WCW World Tag Team Champions</span></strong></p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/9IvYG11.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>The Natural Born Thrillers (1st Reign, Palumbo's 4th Reign, O'Haire's 2nd Reign</strong></p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/wmCPTZi.jpg</span><span>http://i.imgur.com/a6wpHjT.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>Won :</strong>January 14th from Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page at WCW Sin</p><p>

None</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:18px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Roster Breakdown</span></strong></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Main Event</span></strong></span></p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Booker T (World Heavyweight Champion and United States Heavyweight Champion)</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Diamond Dallas Page</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Dustin Rhodes</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Sting</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">Buff Bagwell</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Jeff Jarrett</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Kanyon</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Lex Luger</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Rick Steiner</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Scott Steiner</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Upper Midcard :</span></strong></span></p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Alex Wright</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Bam Bam Bigelow</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Chuck Palumbo (World Tag Team Champion)</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Hugh Morrus</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Sean O' Haire (World Tag Team Champion)</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">Lance Storm</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Mike Awesome</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Road Warrior Animal</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Shane Douglas</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Midcard</span></strong></span></p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Big Vito</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Billy Kidman</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Ernest Miller</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Johnny the Bull</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Kaz Hayashi</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Norman Smiley</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Rey Misterio Jr.</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Shane Helms (Cruiserweight Champion)</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Yang</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">Chavo Guerrero Jr.</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Disco Inferno</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Fit Finlay</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Mark Jindrak</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Mike Sanders</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Shawn Stasiak</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Lower Midcard :</span></strong></span></p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Jamie Noble</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Jason Jett</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

MII Smooth</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">Alan Funk</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Elix Skipper</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Evan Karagias</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Kid Romeo</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Shannon Moore</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Opener :</span></strong></span></p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Air Paris</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

AJ Styles</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Lash Leroux</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">Cash</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Reno</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Enhancement Talent :</span></strong></span></p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">Chris Harris</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

James Storm</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Johnny Swinger</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Occasional Wrestler :</span></strong></span></p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Jim Duggan</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Managers :</span></strong></span></p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Miss Jones</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Torrie Wilson</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">Midajah</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Stacy Keibler</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Announcers :</span></strong></span></p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Mike Tenay</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Color Commentators :</span></strong></span></p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Tony Schiavone</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Stevie Ray</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">Bobby Heenan</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Road Agents :</span></strong></span></p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Arn Anderson</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Dusty Rhodes</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Injured :</span></strong></span></p><p>

<span style="color:#000000;">Booker T</span></p><p><span style="color:#000000;">

Brian Adams</span></p><p><span style="color:#000000;">

Bryan Clark</span></p><p><span style="color:#000000;">

Vampiro</span></p><p><span style="color:#000000;">

Hell Raiser (Rehab)</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">In Developmental :</span></strong></span></p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">David Flair</span></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>Creative Team</strong></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Franchise Players :</span></strong></span></p><p>

1. Sting</p><p>

2. Booker T</p><p>

3. Diamond Dallas Page</p><p>

4. Scott Steiner</p><p>

5. Kanyon</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Next Big Thing :</span></strong></span></p><p>

1. Billy Kidman</p><p>

2. Shane Helms</p><p>

3. AJ Styles</p><p>

4. Jamie Noble</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Hot Prospects :</span></strong></span></p><p>

1. Billy Kidman</p><p>

2. AJ Styles</p><p>

3. Shane Helms</p><p>

4. Jamie Noble</p><p>

5. Lash Lerolux</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Talk The Talk :</span></strong></span></p><p>

1. Ric Flair</p><p>

2. Dusty Rhodes</p><p>

3. Diamond Dallas Page</p><p>

4. Sting</p><p>

5. Booker T</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Show Stoppers :</span></strong></span></p><p>

1. Rey Misterio Jr.</p><p>

2. Ric Flair</p><p>

3. Sting</p><p>

4. Scott Steiner</p><p>

5. Diamond Dallas Page</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Ring Generals :</span></strong></span></p><p>

1. Ric Flair</p><p>

2. Rey Misterio Jr.</p><p>

3. Lance Storm</p><p>

4. Fit Finlay</p><p>

5. Sting</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Who's Hot :</span></strong></span></p><p>

1. Sean O'Haire</p><p>

2. Scott Steiner</p><p>

3. Chuck Palumbo</p><p>

4. Shane Helms</p><p>

5. Diamond Dallas Page</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Who's Not :</span></strong></span></p><p>

1. Alex Wright</p><p>

2. Road Warrior Animal</p><p>

3. Jim Duggan</p><p>

4. Norman Smiley</p><p>

5. Johnny the Bull</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Time Decline :</span></strong></span></p><p>

1. Ric Flair</p><p>

2. Diamond Dallas Page</p><p>

3. Jim Duggan</p><p>

4. Fit Finlay</p><p>

5. Sting</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Hidden Gems :</span></strong></span></p><p>

1. CM Punk</p><p>

2. John Cena</p><p>

3. Bryan Danielson</p><p>

4. Nova</p><p>

5. Bobby Roode</p>

3. WCW Thursday Night Nitro #1 (4/26/01)

http://i.imgur.com/1CEXVuJ.jpg

WCW Thursday Night Nitro #1

Date : April 26th, 2001

From Lakeview Arena in Marquette, Michigan

Attendance : 3,031

Announce Team : Tony Schiavone and Mike Tenay

TV Rating : 2.45

Promo : The show opens up with the new owner of WCW, "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair. Flair thanks the fans for always sticking by WCW and promises an even better product than ever before. (B-)

Promo : After thanking the fans, Flair than announces that Booker T would have to vacate the WCW United States Heavyweight Championship due to being the world champion. Flair would than announce a 12 man tournament to crown a new champion, in which the finale will be a triple threat match at The Big Bang. He left the fans excited by announcing that the first round matches will take place tonight! (B+)

US Title Tournament, 1st Round : The show kicked off with it's first match involving Kaz Hayashi and Lance Storm. Storm had a better performance than Hayashi but he really carried him throughout the match. Both men took advantage of the new product and delivered some amazing in ring skills for display as well. Storm would end up earning the pin after 8 minutes. (B-)

Promo : We're treated to a pre-taped video in which Konnan & Hugh Morrus talk about how they're the locker room leaders and they're going to take over the tag division. ©

Promo : Former WCW World Champion, Scott Steiner makes his way to the ring and demands a rematch against Booker T. "I want back my world championship! I don't care if Booker T is injured or not, because once I get my hands on him again, he's not going to comeback!" (B-)

Promo : WCW Owner, Ric Flair comes out and tells Steiner that he needs to earn it and he can do so tonight, against Sting! "You want a championship match Scott? Alright than, prove to me you deserve one by facing....Sting in a #1 contenders match TONIGHT!" (A)

US Title Tournament, Round 1 : In what was a decent match, Alex Wright pulled away with the win when he applied the STF on Fit Finlay. ©

Promo : Bobby Heenan is backstage when he interviews Diamond Dallas Page. Page claims he's excited for the new era of WCW and cannot wait to see where it goes from here. (B-)

US Title Tournament, 1st Round : DDP and Shane Douglas clashed here in this one, with both men having something to prove. The match was very back and forth, with neither man getting advantage. DDP came out on top in a surprising way when he hooked a quick cradle to get the 1...2...3. (C+)

Promo : A video is played hyping up the upcoming WCW World Tag Team Championship match between Stasiak & Jindrak vs. The champions, The Natural Born Thrillers. ©

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match : Both Stasiak & Jindrak gave it all they had to leave on the 1st episode of the new era as champions but they're all enough. The Thrillers found a way to comeback late in the match and retain the championships. ©

Promo : The champions celebrated they're successful defence but the celebration did not last long. Totally Buffed attacked The Natural Born Thrillers from behind and posed with the championships. (C+)

US Title Tournament, 1st Round : Jeff Jarrett easily got the win over Jim Duggan, as the 47 year old just couldn't keep up with Jarrett's arsenal. (C+)

Promo : We're shown inside Ric Flair's office, in which Sting is there thanking Flair for the opportunity. Flair claims that Sting deserves it after one hell of a fight he gave him on the final episode of Nitro in the Ted Turner Era. (B-)

Promo : Dustin Rhodes cuts a promo about how this is a moment to redeem himself and become a great champion like his father. (B-)

US Title Tournament, 1st Round : Mike Awesome brought the fight to Dustin Rhodes, but Rhodes found a way to rebound with the flying lariat to get the win. (C+)

Promo : Jeff Jarrett is backstage shortly after his match and begins to tell fans why he'll be the next WCW US Heavyweight Champion. "I'm the best that WCW has to offer, I'm better than anyone in this locker room. I shouldn't even be in this US tournament, I should be chasing the world championship. After I win this tournament though, Flair oughta rethink about placing me in the world title picture." (B-)

US Title Tournament, 1st Round : The final match of the 1st round featured Rey Misterio Jr facing off against Rick Steiner. Misterio had a size disadvantage going into this match, but he found a way to win after executing the springboard hurracanrana. (B-)

Promo : A video is displayed hyping the #1 contenders match for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship between Scott Steiner and Sting. (B-)

#1 Contenders Match For WCW World Championship : Both men came into this match with one goal in mind, to face Booker T for the company's most prestigious prize at The Big Bang. Steiner had the upper hand at first with his massive strength but Sting eventually overcame Steiner's strength. Sting begin the offense until Steiner executed a huge German suplex on Sting. It looked as though Sting was hurt but he continued to fight strong. Sting would eventually rebound after several power moves by Steiner. Sting had Stiener in position for the Stinger Splash but Steiner moved out of the way in time. Steiner than tossed Sting into the referee knocking hard into the referee. Suddenly, Kanyon is seen jumping over the guard rail and entering the ring. He has in his hand a lead pipe in which he begins to attack Sting with, after noticing the referee getting up he quickly leaves the ring. Steiner executes a Frankensteiner to seal the deal and becomes the new #1 contender for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. (B-)

Promo : Scott Steiner leaves the arena after earning the win without inflicting more pain on Sting. Kanyon is looking down at the ring from the ramp, while Sting slowly gets up looking straight at Kanyon. The show than ends with the commentary team still trying to figure out what just happened. (B-)

Show Rating : B

This show increased our popularity in 31 regions.

Our grand relaunch was absoutely great! I couldn't have been more proud for all the guys who went out there and did they're best tonight for our debut. I was also very happy to see how our backstage went down and it was great tonight as well. Stacy Keibler brought drinks for everyone, which really seemed to please a lot of the guys. Lex Luger invented some game and it was a hit backstage. Plus, Sting told me he was going to start looking out for Johnny Swinger. Sting told me he has high hopes for the kid and I'll take his word for it.

As the backstage was a success the first night out, so was our product in the ring. I was really impressed with Lance Storm and Kaz Hayashi. The two started our show off in the right direction and Hayashi really showed me he was improving both in performance and technical skills. Even though Hayashi looked off in his performance, Storm did a great job carrying him through. Storm made a good impression on me tonight and I look forward to seeing how he'll do next week.

Alex Wright and Fit Finlay had a decent match but I had thought it could have turned out better. Maybe they just needed more time. During the match, I could really see that Wright was improving in his performance. Wright is still very young, If he can continue to improve, he'll have a very bright future here in WCW.

DDP wasn't really suited for his gimmick and it affected his performance. I went on ahead and assigned him a new gimmick where he'll be an inspirational leader. He'll be out to overcome overwelming odds to defeat evil. I think the gimmick will be a success, but we'll have to wait until next week.

Another man who wasn't suited for his gimmick was Shawn Stasiak. He came to me after the show, saying he thinks he would be better at being a bully. I went ahead and told him to show me what he gots next week with the gimmick.

Aside from workers who feel they need a new gimmick, Mike Awesome showed me tonight that he was getting better at his gimmick of being a man on a mission. He's also shown me that he's been improving in performance and technical skills. I'm starting to think this new product of ours is helping a lot of our talent improve after just this one show.

The cruiserweights were not so pleased that I had left them off of the debut show. That was not at all intentional, I assured them. I told them all after the show that they'll get a good amount of air time next week.

Every thing went all good and smooth, I was just about to leave the arena until I got a phone call from my medical staff... The doctor that called me informed me that Booker T's injury is going to need more time to heal up in rehab. He claimed Booker shouldn't be booked at our upcoming PPV next week, if we don't want to risk further damage. This left me in a tough situation, do I vacate the title and crown Scott Steiner as the new world champion? Or do I book an alternative plan? The news wasn't the news I had hoped to received after a successful debut show. I'll have to think this decision over in the upcoming days.

<p>4. WCW Thursday Night Nitro #2 (5/3/01)</p><p> </p><p> <em>Hours before the show, the decision about the WCW World Heavyweight Championship still lingered in my head. While I was thinking of what to do, I received a call from the champion, himself. He informed me that he wouldn't be able to compete at The Big Bang, but promised a return by the next PPV. The way he was telling me that, made me think that he really didn't want to lose this championship now. I asked him if he was sure about that, as keeping him champion and than Booker not being able to compete next month would be bad on us. He assured me he'll be 100% by next month, I took his word for it and decided to keep the championship on him. I just needed to figure out what I was going to do with Scott Steiner during the meantime.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> I seen an article this past week on Vince McMahon admitting defeat on his experimental football league, XFL. I would be lying if I said I didn't get a laugh out of that. It wasn't too long ago when Vince called me and claimed I would fail, now I'm seeing an article with his name and the word "defeat" in the same headline. Haha.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> Former WCW worker, Meng just got divorced this past week. What a shame.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> On Wednesday, this past week, I signed two workers to developmental contracts. Bryan Danielson was trained by Shawn Michaels and he shows he has all the signs to be a great addition to our new product. Bobby Roode is another guy I signed to Wildside, the kid has potential all over him and hopefully someday he can be our world champion. I also signed a worker to a written deal but I'm not going to be giving his name away. Lets just say, I see the kid doing great things for this promotion.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> On Friday, I sent both Chris Harris and James Storm to Wildside, so that they can perform on they're performance and entertainment skills. I see them being impact players for our future, especially as a tag team. So I went ahead and told the head booker down in Wildside to book them as America's Most Wanted, so that they can gain experience together as a team.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> I contacted Tito Santana about possibly coming to WCW to finish his career, since he'll be retiring in 3 months. No word yet has been received. Though, I'm confident he'll accept my offer.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> Chuck Palumbo revealed in a interview Saturday, that he'll be changing his style from regular wrestler to brawler. He also increased his size and now is a ripped heavyweight. I seen him backstage earlier before the show and he looks in great shape.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44146" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i.imgur.com/1CEXVuJ.jpg</span><p> <strong>WCW Thursday Night Nitro #2</strong></p><p><strong> Date : May 3rd, 2001</strong></p><p><strong> From Knott Arena in Emmitsburg, Maryland</strong></p><p><strong> Attendance : 3,001</strong></p><p><strong> Announce Team : Tony Schiavone and Mike Tenay</strong></p><p><strong> TV Rating : 2.42 (2.45 last week) </strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Booker T comes out and announces to the fans that he'll be unable to compete at this Sunday's PPV, The Big Bang. He than claims that he'll be 100% ready to defend the championship at The Great American Bash.<strong>(A)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Suddenly, the #1 contender, Scott Steiner heads to the ring looking pissed off about Booker's recent announcement. "Look here Booker T, Imma give you TWO options, the first option is you can hand me MY championship and I'll let you walk out of this ring without any pain. Option two, I'll beat your ass and than take MY championship. Now tell me what it's going to be, SUCKA?!"</p><p> Booker T looks at Scott Steiner without any intimidation and than speaks "well than I guess your going to just have to take the championship from me, because I ain't giving it up, SUCKA!" <strong>B+</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> The Locker Room Leaders begin to rush down the ramp and come to the aid of Booker T. Scott looks like he's about to fight them, but leaves with a smirk on his face. "You can fake your injury all you want Booker T but you can't run from me, even with your little friends watching your damn back." <strong>B-</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match 1 :</strong> The show begins with Kaz Hayashi and Disco Inferno, which started off the show strong after a good opening promo. Hayashi and Inferno showed some great chemistry in this match and executed nicely throughout the match. Hayashi would prevail however, after performing a Senton Back Splash to seal the deal. It should also be noted that Yang wasn't by Hayashi's side again this week and many are believing that Hayashi is now a singles competitor. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> A video is played recapping Kanyon's attack on Sting during last week's main event. <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match 2 :</strong> The cruiserweights were able to get plenty of time to show off they're arsenal in this tag team match. Air Raid went up against the team of Elix Skipper and Kid Romeo, in what was a pretty decent match. There were a lot of nice hot spots in this match, including some nice dives from both Air Paris and AJ Styles. Styles stood out as the best in this match and really carried this tag team bout. Styles would go on and get the win for the team after he performed a Styles Clash Skipper. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Before headed to commercial, a hype video is played to show that next, the 2nd round match of the US title tournament begins with Lance Storm taking on Alex Wright. <strong>(D)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>US Title Tournament, Round 2 :</strong> Last week matches of the tournament did not disappoint and that momentum continued again with Lance Storm and Alex Wright putting on a good match. The competitors have really been making it clear in they're performance how important this championship is to them Wright had a good start going into this match, but Storm capitalized late in the match after a mistake on Wright's part. Wright never seemed to gain back the momentum afterwards and Storm finished him off with submission signature, The Canadian Maple Leaf. Storm would than be announced as the first competitor to advance in the triple threat match this Sunday for the US title. <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Ric Flair is seen in his office talking to somebody on the phone regarding the situation with Scott Steiner and Booker T. Chavo Guerrero Jr than enters the Flair's office, to which makes Flair get off the phone. Chavo says he feels he's owed a rematch for the Cruiserweight championship. Flair tells Chavo he has a match against Billy Kidman next and whoever wins that match, will face Helms at The Big Bang. Chavo leaves with satisfaction on his face. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>#1 Contender's Cruiserweight Championship Match :</strong> This was decent but far from what both Chavo Guerrero Jr and Billy Kidman can actually do. The goal of this match was to simply calm the crowd down, while giving them a match to look forward to at The Big Bang. Guerrero would finish the match with a pin after performing the Frog Splash on Kidman. <strong>©</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> The Natural Born Thrillers cut a backstage promo claiming that they'll be watching Totally Buffed in action tonight. They go on and say that if they're looking for a fight, than they'll get one come Sunday. <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match 5 :</strong> This match was very one sided with both Lex Luger and Buff Bagwell dominating 3 Count (Evan Karagias and Shannon Moore) Bagwell would earn the pin over Moore after performing the double underhook DDT. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Gene Okerlund had the interviewing job tonight, as Bobby Heenan got the night off. His guest was Diamond Dallas Page. Okerlund asks Page how he is feeling going into the 2nd round match against Jeff Jarrett, which Page responds. "I feel great man, this new era really feels great. Tonight, all I got left to do is shut up that loudmouth of Jeff Jarrett's than im in the United States championship match. So, yeah things are looking great!" <strong>©</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>US Title Tournament, 2nd Round :</strong> Diamond Dallas Page and Jeff Jarrett both came into this one looking very confident in they're chances. Page took the momentum on head strong by delivering a lot of strikes and kicks. Jarrett seemed off his game at first, but quickly picked it back up midway throughout the match. Page was seconds away from performing the Diamond Cutter, until Shane Douglas caught his attention. Douglas began taunting Page, which gave Jarrett the opportunity to deliver a low blow to Page. He than taunted Ric Flair as he executed the figure four on Page. Page was in the middle of the ring and tried hard to fight back but eventually, he tapped out. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Shane Douglas quickly got into the ring and began to beat down on Page, calling his win from last week a "fluke". Douglas than executed the Franchiser. While Page was laid out, Douglas yelled out "Now if you really want to beat me, I'll be at this Sunday's PPV!" <strong>(B)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Scott Steiner storms into Ric Flair's office and asks what is he going to do about his championship match now. Flair assures him that as soon as Booker T is 100%, he'll get his championship match. Flair than tells Scott that during the meantime, him and his brother, Rick will face The Locker Room Leaders this Sunday. Before leaving, Scott tells Ric that he better keep his word or he'll regret it. <strong>(B)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Before the last match of the 2nd round, Rey Misterio Jr and Dustin Rhodes shake hands and wish each other luck in they're upcoming match. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Main Event :</strong> This match looked as though it would turn out a lot better on paper, but the action didn't execute as well as it looked. Misterio and Rhodes went all out to close the final match, but Misterio was the better man after performing a springboard hurracanrana to advance to the finals. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Sting comes out to the ring to address the attack on him from last week by Kanyon. "I don't know what your problem with me is Kanyon, but you cost me a chance to earn back the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Now, you and I have problems. Come out here and face me like a man, instead of hide behind guard rails" <strong>(B)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Kanyon's music hits as he begins to make his way down the ramp and into the ring. He stares down Sting with no regret of his actions last week. "You want me to face you like a man, well here I am. You want to know why I attacked you huh? Because this is a new era here in WCW, and yet all I see is a "has been" getting a #1 contenders match. Your career is nothing anymore, as you continue holding out hope for another run as world champion. You belong to the past, so take your ass back to where you belong!" Sting looks on at Kanyon as a slight smirk begins to show on his face. "Has been huh? I'll show you EXACTLY what I still got left in the tank." Sting begins to dish out punches to Kanyon's face, eventually knocking him down. Kanyon quickly gets up, only to be hit again by Sting's punches. Kanyon avoids a right hand punch, than hits Sting hard with a kick to the gut. He than knocks Sting down with a elbow to the head. Sting eventually leans up on the ropes, to which Kanyon clotheslines him over the ropes and outside the ring. The two begin to brawl outside, with Kanyon throwing Sting into the steel steps. Sting begins to show signs of pain but continues to fight back. He ends up throwing Kanyon into the guard rail after a few successful punches. Sting than picks Kanyon up but before he can execute an attack, Kanyon throws Sting into the guard rail even harder. Afterwards, Kanyon pulls out a chair from under the ring and begins striking Sting with it. He begins to taunt the fans and Sting that he's the "Icon" now.<strong>(B)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Ric Flair voice can be heard telling Kanyon to stop the assault, as the camera is still focusing in on Kanyon's attack. Kanyon stops and looks at Flair. "This has gone on long enough, you want a match against Sting this Sunday? Well, you got it Kanyon. Now get the hell out of here!" Sting begins to slowly get up from the ringside floor as Kanyon heads out of the arena. Flair doesn't bother to check on Sting or even send medics to attend Sting. The show ends with Flair leaving the arena and Sting standing but clearly looking hurt. Schiavone and Tenay quickly hype the match before the show finally comes to a close.<strong>(B+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Show Rating : B</strong></p><p> <em>This show increased our popularity in 31 regions</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <em>Another successful week under my leadership now and I must say, I'm really impressed with the talent that we have assembled. This Sunday we'll be hosting our first PPV of the new era and I couldn't be more excited. Before I run down the PPV's match card, lets talk about the newsworthy stuff from this episode of Nitro.</em></p><p> </p><p> <em>Lance Storm kept the locker room happy and relaxed with some of his on the road stories, which is great news for our locker room.</em></p><p> </p><p> <em>Shane Helms organized a video game tournament before Nitro aired live and it really made the workers feel more relaxed. I remember back in the 90's and actually just recently, when the locker room politics were just so bad. This new era of ours has really benefited our backstage locker room.</em> </p><p> </p><p> <em>Lex Luger showed he was improving in performance skills in his match tonight. I don't know how much more the man can improve due to his age but I'll take it.</em></p><p> </p><p> <em>Evan Karagias has a full career ahead of him and in his loss to Totally Buffed he showed that he as well was improving in both flying and performance skills.</em></p><p> </p><p> <em>Gene Okerlund performed badly in his interview with DDP, I'll have to find an alternative. For the meantime, we'll really need to rely on Bobby Heenan for our interviews.</em></p><p> </p><p> <em>DDP showcased his inspirational leader gimmick on this episode and the reception he got from fans were great. </em></p><p> </p><p> <em>Now lets have a rundown of The Big Bang's matchcard for this Sunday.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Sting Vs Kanyon</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>This feud was originally suppose to be the shotgun feud to the driver seat feud between Booker T and Scott Steiner but after hearing Booker would be unable to compete, this feud needed to be the focal point. In my opinion, we established this feud up pretty well in just two weeks. Kanyon's reason for attacking Sting on the debut "new era" show of Nitro was because he strongly feels Sting is a wrestler past his prime and that the new era isn't meant for guys like him. The two had a big clash this week, going at it after Sting threw the first punch but with Kanyon getting the victory in the brawl after some vicious attacks and devastating chair shots. This led me having to intervene and stop Kanyon before he seriously did hurt Sting.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WCW United States Heavyweight Championship</span></strong></p><p> <strong>Lance Storm Vs Jeff Jarrett Vs Rey Misterio Jr.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>This US tournament produced some good matches within these 2 episodes of Nitro and I'm looking forward to what this triple threat match will bring to close it out. Anyone of these three men deserve to hold the gold but there can only be one. Will it be the technical master, Lance Storm? The cocky loudmouth, Jeff Jarrett? Or the high flying Rey Misterio Jr? </em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>The Locker Room Leaders Vs The Steiner Brothers</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>It's a shame that we had to have Scott Steiner take a backseat and be placed in a tag team match when he was scheduled to face Booker T. The Locker Room Leaders got involved with The Steiner Brothers after coming to the aid of Booker T. After Nitro went off the air, we had an article posted on how The Locker Room Leaders wanted this match against The Steiner Brothers, so that they can prove how serious they are in the tag division. A win over the former tag team champions, perhaps on of the best in the industry, can go a long way for your resume.</em> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Diamond Dallas Page Vs Shane Douglas</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Things got really heated earlier in the night between DDP and Douglas, after Douglas distracted DDP to help give the win to Jeff Jarrett. Knowing Shane, he wasn't going to let a loss like last week just be forgotten like it wasn't nothing. Douglas knew how to avenge his loss and that was to simply cost DDP his match and than attack him afterwards. After the attack, Douglas challenged DDP to show up at The Big Bang and see if he can pull of a second victory. Knowing DDP, he'll be there.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WCW World Tag Team Championship</span></strong></p><p> <strong>Totally Buffed Vs The Natural Born Thrillers ©</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>On the debut show of the new era, Totally Buffed wanted redemption after being defeated by the tag champs in under 2 minutes in the Turner Era. They're best moment to strike? Was when the defending champions were celebrating a successful title defense. They're message of attack was strong as they posed with the tag team championships. This week, The Natural Born Thrillers were more than willing to give Totally Buffed another match at this Sunday's PPV. Claiming, "If it's a fight they want, than a fight they'll get." Fans are hoping this match isn't as short as they're last encounter but we'll have to wait and see.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WCW Cruiserweight Championship</span></strong></p><p> <strong>Chavo Guerrero Jr. Vs. "Sugar" Shane Helms ©</strong></p><p> </p><p> Chavo Guerrero feels as though he can beat Shane Helms if given the rematch and he earned it this week when he defeated Billy Kidman. We haven't seen or heard from Shane Helms himself these past 2 episodes of Nitro but I'm sure fans can expect him to have some words to say about his challenger at The Big Bang, this Sunday. I'm expecting a great match out of these 2 as they know how to put on a good match. Though, we only had this week to build this match up, the in ring quality should make up some ground. Next month, we'll be set to have fully built up storylines to work with, including the cruiserweights.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Air Raid & Alex Wright Vs 3 Count & Fit Finlay</strong></p><p> </p><p> This match wasn't built up at all but I decided to add it to the card to give fans a look at our talent. This match will give these performers some air time to develop they're skills and exposure. It should be a nice opening match to the event.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44146" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Predictions</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/09V5aon.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> Air Raid & Alex Wright Vs 3 Count & Fit Finlay</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WCW Cruiserweight Championship</strong></p><p> Chavo Guerrero Jr. Vs "Sugar" Shane Helms ©</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WCW World Tag Team Championships</strong></p><p> Totally Buffed Vs The Natural Born Thrillers ©</p><p> </p><p> Diamond Dallas Page Vs Shane Douglas</p><p> </p><p> The Locker Room Leaders Vs The Steiner Brothers</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WCW United States Championship</strong></p><p> Lance Storm Vs Jeff Jarrett Vs Rey Misterio Jr.</p><p> </p><p> Sting Vs Kanyon</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match of the Night :</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote>

<p>Air Raid & Alex Wright Vs <strong>3 Count & Fit Finlay</strong></p><p> </p><p>

WCW Cruiserweight Championship</p><p>

Chavo Guerrero Jr. Vs <strong>"Sugar" Shane Helms ©</strong></p><p> </p><p>

WCW World Tag Team Championships</p><p>

Totally Buffed Vs <strong>The Natural Born Thrillers ©</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Diamond Dallas Page</strong> Vs Shane Douglas</p><p> </p><p>

The Locker Room Leaders Vs <strong>The Steiner Brothers</strong></p><p> </p><p>

WCW United States Championship</p><p>

Lance Storm Vs <strong>Jeff Jarrett</strong> Vs Rey Misterio Jr.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Sting</strong> Vs Kanyon</p><p> </p><p>

Match of the Night : Sting vs Kanyon</p>

<p><strong>Air Raid & Alex Wright</strong> Vs 3 Count & Fit Finlay</p><p> </p><p>

WCW Cruiserweight Championship</p><p>

<strong>Chavo Guerrero Jr.</strong> Vs "Sugar" Shane Helms ©</p><p> </p><p>

Lance Storm Vs Jeff Jarrett Vs <strong>Rey Misterio Jr.</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Match of the Night : <strong>WCW United States Championship</strong></p><p><strong>

Lance Storm Vs Jeff Jarrett Vs Rey Misterio Jr.</strong></p>

<p>WCW Cruiserweight Championship</p><p>

Chavo Guerrero Jr. Vs <strong>"Sugar" Shane Helms ©</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Lance Storm</strong> Vs Jeff Jarrett Vs Rey Misterio Jr.</p><p> </p><p>

Match of the Night : <strong>Sting/Kanyon</strong></p>

<p>Thanks for the predictions everybody! The Big Bang PPV will be posted within 8 hours. So if you haven't predicted, there is still time for you to get in on them.</p><p> </p><p>

I decided the prizes and how I'll contribute them. At the end of every two months (In game) the highest player will get to decide the challenger for any championship (excluding) the World Championship. The world title is excluded because I have long term plans decided on that. Now there will be special PPVs as well where the highest players can get more prizes such as War Games, assembling a team and a name. There will be more on that as the events come near.</p><p> </p><p>

The second highest player will get to decide who gets a push on the main roster.</p><p> </p><p>

The third highest player will get to decide on a free agent that I should sign and if they should be face or heel.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm hoping these prizes are good for now, as I think of even better ones down the line. Perhaps even a Hall of Fame prize?</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks again everybody!</p>

5. WCW Presents : The Big Bang 2001

http://i.imgur.com/WQOMlFt.jpg

WCW Presents : The Big Bang 2001

Date : May 6th, 2001

From Santa Barbara Events Center in Santa Barbara, California

Attendance : 4,922

PPV Buyrate : 0.23

http://i.imgur.com/E3hE0un.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/8FyT049.jpg

Announce Team : Tony Schiavone & Mike Tenay

The show begins with an introduction video hyping tonight's event. It than displays the competitors who are all scheduled to compete tonight with the narrator stating "Tonight, these men will look to write they're on history, the stage is set to be an historic night in WCW history."

http://i.imgur.com/9KvAr1X.jpg

16x world champion and current owner WCW, "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair begins to walk down the ramp and to the ring.

Ric Flair : WELCOME ladies and gentleman to The Big Bang! WOOOOOO! Tonight is the night where WCW takes one more step into reclaiming the glory it once had. Tonight, the WCW superstars will look to give you moments you'll remember FOREVER. History will be made TONIGHT, as we embark on the 1st PPV of the new era. We'll continue to accomplish more and more together, just like we've did throughout my illustrious career. Tonight, will be a night you will never forget! Enjoy!

The crowd begins to cheer loudly, as we head over to the announce team of Schiavone and Tenay who hype up the upcoming 6 man tag team match.

Rating : A

Alex Wright & Air Raid Vs Fit Finlay & 3 Count

http://i.imgur.com/M5H94ks.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/2hNnZsV.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/Z5V07HR.jpgVS.http://i.imgur.com/svRRl17.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/LkVwnXE.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/AjwnaGu.jpg

This wasn't a good start to the show but also wasn't a bad start. The match had decent wrestling but no heat whatsoever since it was just placed on the card. The team of Air Raid did impressive in this match and could be on the verge of title contention after an impressive showing. Wright and Finlay looked good competing against each other as well. Frequent tags were made to give everyone time to showcase they're talent. Shannon Moore looked more like a chump than a future champ. Evan Karagias was off his game tonight which hurt the final grade. Styles was impressive and has a bright future here in WCW. Air Paris didn't do all too bad but his future is still undetermined. Alex Wright showed a lot of potential to be a top star as well and his age benefits that too. Fit Finlay did really well carrying everyone in this match, which I expected from such a great veteran of the game. The finish went down smoothly with Wright applying the STF on Finlay to secure the win for his team. The bad news of this match was that Finlay took a big bump which looked as though he got injured. When the match was over, the medical team checked on him and it seems to be legit. I won't have full details until hopefully after the show.

Rating : C

http://i.imgur.com/ilFRonM.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/KyP6RDW.jpg

The cameras than go backstage to where Bobby Heenan is shown interviewing WCW Cruiserweight Champion, "Sugar" Shane Helms before his match against Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Bobby Heenan : We haven't heard from you champ since the new era took off, what are your thoughts about Chavo Guerrero tonight?

Shane Helms : My thoughts? My thoughts are that Chavo Guerrero should have learned his lesson the last time. Because tonight, I'm going to be walking out of here as STILL the top cruiserweight in WCW.

http://i.imgur.com/4LesX4B.jpg

WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Chavo Guerrero Jr. Vs. "Sugar" Shane Helms ©

http://i.imgur.com/ERopKzO.jpgVS.http://i.imgur.com/KyP6RDW.jpg

This was a decent match, but I really thought these two would bring an even better approach to the big stage. Guerrero performed well and It kinda has me wishing I had put the title on him tonight. Shane Helm's performance was weak at best, but Guerrero really carried this match to help it from being a disaster. They had quite a bit of high spots in this match, which fans can expect on a regular from our cruiserweights. Guerrero adopted the Three Amigos from his uncle, Eddie Guerrero. The move set up Guerrero for the Frog Splash but Helms quickly moved out of the way and used the ropes to his advantage for leverage to earn the pin. The win signified a heel turn down the road for Helms as he hinted it in his interview as well. Helms also showed an improvement in flying skills, which I hope improves his performance soon. Chavo, proved he will be a great center piece for our cruiserweight divison. Only time will tell where we go with this fued.

Rating : C+

http://i.imgur.com/6KNOhXe.jpg

Backstage, DDP is shown staring at the camera in which he cuts a promo about his opponent, Shane Douglas.

Diamond Dallas Page : Douglas, you may have thought you got the best of me on Thursday but you just ignited a fire under me. You just gave me even more reason to beat your ass tonight inside that ring in front of all these people. You're going to regret costing me an opportunity at that United States Championship. You think I felt pain by your attack? You got another thing coming, after I execute the Diamond Cutter on YOU, you're going to feel the BANG!

Rating : B

Shane Douglas Vs. Diamond Dallas Page

http://i.imgur.com/N7IyCoF.jpgVS.http://i.imgur.com/6KNOhXe.jpg

This match had some great heat going in and that was expected. The wrestling was decent, to describe it best. We had this match be more about storytelling than it be being just a regular wrestling match. The two executed well and probably could have done better if the crowd was built up better. Douglas came at DDP with all his strength executing various powerslams and strong strikes at DDP. It had looked very one sided at first until the fans began chanting DDP, which brought DDP back into the fold. He was executing strikes and was furious as ever. He performed a nice dropkick that sent Douglas over the top ropes but DDP wasn't done, he went out to the ring and continued the assault on Douglas. Douglas than rebounded and executed a nasty looking powerbomb on DDP. Douglas got back into the ring at 5, while DDP was layed out. DDP finally found the will to get back inside the ring when the ref was at a count of 8. The two began trading strikes, until DDP was back down. Douglas was looking to prepare for The Franchiser, until DDP made a counter strike and than executed the Diamond Cutter. 1....2.....3....Diamond Dallas Page wins the match! DDP didn't take the time to celebrate, as he quickly left the ring and raised his hand high while walking up the ramp.

http://i.imgur.com/N7IyCoF.jpg

Shane Douglas was out cold for a minute until finally getting up. After realizing he suffered defeat, he was outraged. He left the ring and began throwing some of the camera crewmen. Afterwards, he threw down two cameras and began cussing. He wasn't happy with the loss and before leaving the ring, he stared into the camera and demanded I give him a rematch on Nitro. We'll see where that goes on Thursday.

http://i.imgur.com/8d5wcxS.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/yBTDBdX.jpg

The WCW World Tag Team Champion, Chuck Palumbo and Sean O'Haire cut another promo on Totally Buffed before they're match.

Chuck Palumbo : You guys can think of yourselves as buff as you want, but in the end of the day that will all you'll be. You won't be tag team champions like Sean and me. You guys will be known as the ones who lost in under 2 minutes by The Natural Born Thrillers.

Sean O'Haire : Lex Luger, you used to be great man. What happened? Now it seems you just take a backseat to all your opponents. You used to be a world champion, now you just play second fiddle to this kid named Buff Bagwell. If you really think you got a chance at defeating us tonight, you must have just really lost your mind. Buff Bagwell, come on kid, just give it up. You ain't ever going to be great in this promotion and you ain't ever going to beat us.

These guys did a great job on the mics and after this performance, we may need to turn them into heels. I think they're characters will dramatically improve. They did a great job here and I was impress.

Rating : B-

http://i.imgur.com/0H8nXRS.jpg

WCW World Tag Team Championships

Totally Buffed Vs. The Natural Born Thrillers ©

http://i.imgur.com/0aTvu13.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/y7B7mwS.jpgVS.http://i.imgur.com/8d5wcxS.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/yBTDBdX.jpg

This match featured good heat and decent wrestling. The match won't go down as a classic at all but it was pretty good. Buff Bagwell and Sean O'Haire started off the match with O'Haire getting the offense early on. Bagwell executed some okay strikes but they didn't look real enough and that sort of hurt the match. Although, he did perform a nice suplex on O'Haire. After coming on the losing end, Bagwell tagged in Luger, who was full of energy. He was clearly not happy about the comments both O'Haire and Palumbo said about him as he ran through them with offense. His momentum was great but was short lived once The Natural Born Thrillers began making frequent tags to slow Luger down. Bagwell tried to intervene but he was met with a superkick by O'Haire. Palumbo executed a huge running powerslam on Luger and went for the pin but it was a 2 count. Palumbo than executed a torture rack onto Luger, which eventually made Luger tap out. The reason why I went with this decision was to make it legitimate due to Luger having real life back problems and having Palumbo steal a play out of Luger's playbook. It benefited well and now The Natural Born Thrillers will be walking into Thursday Nitro as the reigning tag team champions.

http://i.imgur.com/QONpYjk.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/XtJxvtZ.jpg

The Steiner Brothers are backstage in which Scott Steiner talks about they're upcoming opponents, Konnan & Hugh Morrus.

Scott Steiner : Tonight was suppose to be the night that I reclaimed MY WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Instead, i'm stuck in this tag team match with my brother against a team whose trying to make a name for themselves. These so called "Locker Room Leaders" are going to feel my rage tonight inside that ring. The ONLY reason I'm allowing this match is because If I don't get to beat Booker T's ass tonight, than I can kick somebody else's! I'm going to tear both Konnan and Hugh Morrus to shreds, they just don't even know what kind of mistake they made stepping up to me and my brother!

Rating : B+

The Locker Room Leaders Vs. The Steiner Brothers

http://i.imgur.com/yq34oO7.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/CHAgWV9.jpgVS.http://i.imgur.com/QONpYjk.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/XtJxvtZ.jpg

This match had great wrestling and good heat, which I was hoping would be. The Steiner Brothers did a great job with they're experience and really lifted the match with they're chemistry. The Locker Room stood they're ground as they were able to get a few offensive moves in, but Scott Steiner really would dominate this match. He executed suplexes really well here and his moves executed great looking impact. Hugh Morrus also sold his belly to belly suplex really well. Scott had the best performance out of all the competitors and really showed why we made a good choice as having him our #1 contender. Scott Steiner would pick up the win in 11 minutes after executing a Steinerizer. This loss for The Locker Room Leaders won't hurt them all too much, as The Steiner Brothers are no longer in the tag team division. Now that this match is out of the way, we can begin to really build for the clash between WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Booker T and Scott Steiner.

After securing the win, Scott Steiner gets himself a microphone. He tells the fans in attendance and watching from home, that he'll now go and earn back his championship. He claims that Booker T cannot hide much longer before Big Poppa Pump gets him!

Scott Steiner : I hope you were watching that Booker, because once I get my hands on you, I'm going to make it the most devastating pain you ever felt, with MY BARE HANDS!

Steiner can really capture an audience but sometimes you really got to watch what he says, as he can surely go overboard.

Rating : A

http://i.imgur.com/McFsJKu.jpg

We play a pre-taped promo from yesterday by Kanyon.

Kanyon : Everybody has been talking about this new era here in WCW as of late but when will people realize that we have "former superstars" still here? If this was truly the new era, these so called relics of the past, would have stayed where they belong. Yet, we still see "The Icon" get title opportunities while a new era guy like me, doesn't even get booked. Not happening anymore, because tonight I end "The Icon" and show the world that I am the new "Icon"!

Kanyon's message came off strong here and I'm hoping he'll make me proud with his match against Sting, comimg up.

http://i.imgur.com/ZP0cphA.jpg

We than play another pre-taped video but this time with Sting

Sting : Kanyon, you may have got the best of me on Thursday Nitro, but that will not be happening again. Tonight, I let everyone here know that I'm the Icon for a reason and I'm not going to let you steal the name that I've accomplished here in WCW. Instead of just pinning you, I'm going to make sure that once your in that Scorpion Deathlock, your stuck to the point where you tap out. If you are truly the new generation, you'll show me what you got tonight.

Sting did a pretty decent promo but I still feel as though Kanyon came off sounding stronger. The match is next and I'm excited for what we're about to get.

Kanyon Vs. Sting

http://i.imgur.com/McFsJKu.jpgVS.http://i.imgur.com/ZP0cphA.jpg

From the moment the bell rang, Sting went at Kanyon with retribution. Sting was ambitious to get revenge and climb back to the world title picture and all he had to do was get Kanyon out of his way. Sting had a lot of momentum go his way for the first half of the match. Kanyon struggled to get anything going at first but quickly came back after tossing Sting's shoulder into the ring post. That gave Kanyon the perfect opportunity to strike, to which he did. He executed a nice spinebuster, which followed up by a strong big boot. Kanyon was using tons of moves to keep Sting down, but no matter what, Sting kept coming back. Sting made a strong comeback late by catching Kanyon into a DDT, after Kanyon was back up, Sting delivered some hard hitting chops to Kanyon's chest. The shoulder of Sting's became a vocal point for Kanyon to work on, as Sting continued to show pain. Kanyon hit Sting hard with an elbow to the back, and he followed it up by delivering a powerslam into the turnbuckle, further damaging Sting's shoulder. Sting wouldn't back down, and in the end began to earn a lot of momentum. Afterwards, Sting sinks in the cheers from the fans as he prepares The Stinger Splash, but Kanyon quickly dodges the attack and slides out of the ring. Kanyon than pulls out a chair and gets inside the ring, with the referee telling him he'll get DQ. Kanyon doesn't care as he takes a swing of the chair on Sting's shoulder. The referee quickly calls the match off and gives Sting the victory. Kanyon continues his attack until Sting is no longer to move. He than picks Sting up and executes a Flatliner (reverse STO.) Kanyon than poses above Sting and claims himself "The Icon"

This was a strong showing for Kanyon and a great fued so far. After seeing them two compete, they have great chemistry. I'm excited to see where we head with this one next.

A video is played hyping up the main event WCW United States Championship match between Lance Storm, Jeff Jarrett and Rey Misterio Jr.

http://i.imgur.com/ZV5gAwF.jpg

WCW United States Heavyweight Championship

Lance Storm Vs. Jeff Jarrett Vs Rey Misterio Jr.

http://i.imgur.com/2SGcGYW.jpgVS.http://i.imgur.com/uvYdlT1.jpgVS.http://i.imgur.com/P6CHCuD.jpg

Now it was finally time for our main event, which the crowd was really interested in. It started off slow with Storm and Misterio going at it while Jarrett waited for the right moments to strike. Eventually, Misterio and Storm caught on and teamed together to take down Jarrett. Storm quickly turned his back on Misterio with a nicely well done dropkick. He than tried a few submission holds but Misterio was able to get out of them easily. Misterio hit a nice bulldog on Storm, than followed it up with a beautiful springboard moonsault. Jarrett than quickly grabbed Misterio and performed a scooped powerslam. Afterwards, he quickly covered Storm who broke out at 2. Storm than took the momentum and hit Jarrett with a uppercut, which followed with a snapmare. Storm was fired up after he executed a back german suplex on Misterio. He covered Rey but Rey broke out at 2. Jarrett was back on his feet and hit Storm with a swinging neckbreaker. Jarrett than tried executing a figure four leglock on Storm, but Storm being a submission specialist as he is, got out with ease. Misterio took the advantage and hit Jarrett with a springboard hurricanrana and would of had the win if Storm didn't break the count. Storm than executed a vertical suplex on Misterio and than tried covering Jarrett but he broke out at 2. We ended up at the 20 minute mark here with all three men trying desperately to win. Misterio would be able to pull of a Frankensteiner on Storm, which led the moment for Jarrett to hit Rey with a jumping DDT. He went for the pin.

REY BROKE OUT!

Jeff Jarrett was in disbelief while both Storm and Misterio laid there. Jarrett than decided to execute the figure four on Misterio, but Storm stopped Jarrett in his tracks and attempted a jawbreaker but Jarrett quickly reversed it and gave Storm a jumping dropkick. Jarrett turned around and Rey had Jarrett in position for the springboard hurricanrana but Jarrett quickly got out of the way before being hit. Which led to Misterio hitting a springboard diving splash on Storm. Misterio covered Storm but Jarrett quickly pulled him off and executed a DDT. He than applied the Figure Four which Misterio tried so hard to get out of but in the end he ultimately tapped out.

AND HERE IS YOUR WINNER..........

YOUR NEW WCW UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION.....

JEFF JARRETT!

Rating : B

http://i.imgur.com/hi1LCh0.jpg

Former WCW US Champion, Booker T comes out and presents Jeff Jarrett with the championship. Only for Jeff Jarrett to have something to say...

Jeff Jarrett : Thank you Booker, you know I see this happening once again....I see this happening again but only with that WCW World Heavyweight Championship of yours. That's if, Scott Steiner doesn't beat the hell out of you for it first.

Booker T : Ain't NOBODY taking my championship! Nor will I ever be handing you this championship!

Suddenly, The Steiner Brothers begin to charge down the ramp and attack the injured WCW World Champion. Jeff Jarrett than joins in on the attack. Misterio and Storm try to fight them off but get beat down as well.

http://i.imgur.com/9KvAr1X.jpg

Ric Flair than comes out and orders the attack to stop, or Scott Steiner will be stripped of his match and Jeff Jarrett will be stripped of his championship. They leave him alone, with Scott Steiner showing a smirk on his face for the damage he has done. They leave the arena, while Flair goes to check on his world champion. The show ends with one last shot at Flair's look of concern while Booker T lays in a lot of pain.

Show Rating : B

This show increased our popularity in 11 regions

<p>6. Post-PPV News & Notes</p><p> </p><p> <em>This was a special night for us, as we celebrated our first successful PPV of the new era.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> I couldn’t celebrate right away though, as I needed to know how Fit Finlay was after a nasty bump he took on the opening match of the show. I found out that he suffered a quizzical neck strain. He assured me that he’ll be able to work through it but I decided to let him have a week off of work. The doctor told me he’ll be 100% after 6 days, so that’s nice to know.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> Before I could fully celebrate this night, I needed to make sure our WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Booker T was alright after the segment he took participated in. He let me know that Scott Steiner did good work and didn’t aggravate the injury, which was a relief.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> I made some speeches after the show, I complimented Sting on a good performance and he seemed pleased. I praised Booker T on a good performance too, because he really elevated on them promos, helping both our WCW United States Heavyweight Champion, Jeff Jarrett and #1 Contender, Scott Steiner look strong. Than I told Jeff Jarrett that he could do better, he didn’t have a comment about that but I hope he’ll be more motivated now that he’s our WCW United States Heavyweight Champion.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> I was satisfied with most of the results for this PPV, however, I had a last minute change to the Guerrero Jr. Vs Helms match, as I felt Helms can have a good run with the championship. Though, plans may change considering Chavo outperformed Shane by a large margin.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> I got a call after the show, from a recent talent that I signed this past week and he assured me he’ll be able to work this upcoming Thursday on Nitro. I’m looking forward to watching this kid perform on our show, I think he’s going to really impress a lot of people.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> I was also really impressed with Kanyon Vs. Sting, and I strongly believe we’re going to have a special rivalry on our hands. </em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> I got on The Observing website after having some champagne, to get a sense of what the fans thought of the PPV. The feedback has been excellent, with many saying we’ve struck gold with the show. I was very impressed, we drew an attendance of 4,922 people and had 95,875 buys for the show. I was really happy when I received word of that. We’re headed on a great path to success and I’m excited for what the future holds.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44146" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Prediction Scoreboard (Out Of a Possible 8)<p> DGenerationMC - 7</p><p> Warhawk8492 - 7</p><p> Beejus - 6</p><p> 2Sweet - 5</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks to everyone who participated in this show's prediction contest! The MOTN was worth 2pts, I forgot to add that originally. Prizes will be given out after 3 months (in game) so that way, if somebody else participates, they'll have a legitimate chance of catching up.</p>

<p>7. WCW Thursday Night Nitro #3 (5/10/01)</p><p> </p><p> <em>After celebrating such a successful PPV, it was time to plan ahead for The Great American Bash. I had looked over the plans and I'm confident that these plans will live up to expectations. I went ahead and gave my good ol' friend, Arn Anderson a call and informed him of the plans. He seemed pleased and agreed that what we have in place will produce another great PPV. We'll be looking forward to getting our younger talents the exposure they need to someday elevate them into main event status. They'll be making they're debuts tonight on this edition of Nitro, which im very pleased to say.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> Curt Hennig officially signed with WWF on Wednesday, I offered him a role here in WCW but he told me what both WWF and AJPW were offering were far out of my reach. Negotiations fell through, which was a real shame as he would of fitted great in our US championship picture. I don't know Vince's plans for Curt but If I know one thing, It's not going to be a huge push. May not even be an mid-card push.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> I noticed Jerry Lawler will be retiring pretty soon, so I figured that I would sign him to a color commentator role. His asking price was quite a lot for us but I feel he’ll make a great addition to our commentary team of Schiavone and Tenay. Although, I may be replacing Schiavone, as I feel a 3 man team is just too much. I was quite surprised when Lawler informed me that Vince hasn't even offered a contract to him or even get ahold of him. Vince may see no use for him, but I see Lawler elevating us to another level.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44146" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i.imgur.com/1CEXVuJ.jpg</span><p> <strong>Date : May 10th, 2001</strong></p><p><strong> From Mercer University Center in Macon, Georgia</strong></p><p><strong> Attendance : 3,100</strong></p><p><strong> Announce Team : Tony Schiavone and Mike Tenay</strong></p><p><strong> TV Rating : 2.43 (2.42 last week)</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Photos are shown of Scott Steiner’s attack on the injured WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Booker T at The Big Bang. <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match 1 :</strong> Mark Jindrak & Shawn Stasiak easily defeat former 2x WCW World Tag champions, The Mamalukes (Big Vito & Johnny the Bull) <strong>(D)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Jindrak & Stasiak claim they’ll get they’re rematch against The Natural Born Thrillers, soon enough. <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Lance Storm cuts a backstage promo on how it was Rey Misterio’s fault for why he ain’t WCW United States champion. “If Rey had not tapped out, I would have been walking out of The Big Bang, as the NEW champion.” He than challenges Misterio, who shows up shortly after to accept the match for tonight. <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match 2 :</strong> Yang puts up a big fight, but it wasn’t good enough to keep Chavo Guerrero Jr. down. Guerrero executed the Frog Splash to earn the win. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Chavo than gets on the microphone and claims he was cheated and deserves another rematch. Demands WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Shane Helms to face him face to face. Instead, WCW owner, Ric Flair comes out. “You want a rematch Chavo? Well than, you can earn it next week in a non-title match against Shane Helms! Prove to me that that win was not cheap and you got yourself a match at The Great American Bash! <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> The new WCW United States Heavyweight Champion, Jeff Jarrett comes out to the ring to celebrate his 4th reign as champion. “You know what? It feels pretty damn good to be YOUR new champion. While you all had bets against me and thought either Storm or Misterio were going to win, I seized the main event spot and PROVED why I am the choosen one! Now I get to rub it in all of your faces, each and every week.” <strong>(B+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> The celebration gets cut early, as Diamond Dallas Page interupts. “You know, I had your number last week on Nitro and I think these fans know that if it wasn’t for Douglas, you wouldn’t even have that championship. Since I was so close to beating you, I think I deserve the first shot at that championship.” Jeff Jarrett laughs “It was me who made you tap out! So head to the back of the line pal, cause you ain’t getting that opportunity!” DDP shows a slight smirk than mentions “We’ll see about that, as I’m scheduled to face you one on one next week in a non-title match. After I beat you, your going to have to worry even more when we face off at The Great American Bash. <strong>(A)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match 3 :</strong> Kanyon carried on the momentum of his by easily dominating Jason Jett <strong>©</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Kanyon begins to address Sting’s current health. “I destroyed YOUR Icon, so don’t expect him to make any kind of heroic comeback. His career is now officially over. You all can now praise and thank me, as I am your new icon of the new era!” <strong>(B)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Bobby Heenan cuts a backstage interview with WCW’s new signing, CM Punk. Heenan asks Punk what he brings to the table here in WCW, that others don’t. “What I bring to WCW is STRAIGHT EDGE. What exactly is straight edge? It’s that I’m better than YOU!” <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match 4 :</strong> WCW Cruiserweight champion, Shane Helms has his first match on Nitro of the new era. Wright gives him quite the fight but Helms overcomes with dirty tatics to earn the win. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Ric Flair cuts a promo from inside his office and gives the fans an update on Booker T’s health. “Booker T is in stable condition but as for his future return, it is still up in the air.” <strong>(B+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> The commentary team of Tony Schiavone and Mike Tenay begin to talk about Booker T Vs. Scott Steiner but are then interupted by another world champion…. NWA World Champion, Steve Corino. “You guys keep talking about Booker T, Scott Steiner and this WCW World Championship but you need to be talking about ME! I’m the true world champion, even ask Ric Flair himself! <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match 5 :</strong> NWA World Champion, Steve Corino puts his skills to the test on his first WCW Nitro match by making great work of talented cruiserweight, Kaz Hayashi. <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Steve Corino claims he’s the world champion and that he is better than “The Nature Boy” <strong>(D)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> The Natural Born Thrillers claim they’ll defend they’re championship belts against any challengers. <strong>(B+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match 6 :</strong> Totally Buffed looks to redeem themselves after Sunday’s loss but once again come up short after Lex Luger is pinned by Hugh Morrus. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Buff Bagwell is furious over another loss and attacks Lex Luger. “Your the reason we keep losing. Your not helping my career, your only hurting it.” <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Scott Steiner begins to make a joke out of Booker T’s injury. “Booker T keeps on faking his injury so that he doesn’t have to face me. I’m sure he learned his lesson on Sunday, now that wasn’t even all the punishment I’m capable of dishing out. If Booker T was smart, he would ship this title to me than coming to me face to face HAHA!” <strong>(B+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Main Event :</strong> This match had great wrestling and it really shown between both competitors. Lance Storm looked to prove his point that it was Rey’s fault, while Rey looked to prove he was the better men. Storm was strong throughout, but Misterio would fire back and win with the Springboard Hurrcanrana. <strong>(B)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Afterwards, Mike Awesome, who is Lance Storm’s tag partner, attacked Misterio and executed the Awesome Bomb! <strong>©</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Show Rating : B+</strong></p><p> <em>This show increased our popularity in 31 regions</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <em>We’ve been on quite a successful run as of late and been making quite a good profit, as well. The more shows we get done, the more I laugh at my previous conversation with “the mastermind” himself. Now that we’re set on the road to The Great American Bash, I think we’re in for an even bigger event.</em></p><p> </p><p> <em>Shawn Stasiak pulled off the “bully” gimmick successfully on this episode. He received a great reaction from the fans and I think It’s going to only improve down the line.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <em>Alex Wright performed well tonight and I could tell he was improving even more in performance skills. This kid has a lot going for him, Its only a matter of time before we do something big with his talents.</em></p><p> </p><p> <em>Totally Buffed is officially coming to they’re end. I strongly believe Buff Bagwell can be more successful without Lex Luger, who I believe is slowing him down. Although, the duo is improving well together as they shown an improvement in technical skills. After Bagwell’s attack, we made it clear to the fans that Luger was now a face. They reacted pretty good, maybe cause they’re happy the duo is finally done.</em></p>

<p>8. WCW Thursday Night Nitro #4 (5/17/01)</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Pre-Show Notes</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <em>I've received word earlier in the week, that Jerry "The King" Lawler has signed the written contract that I have offered him. I was ecstatic to have him on board and quickly gave him a call to express my gratitude. He was pleased to know how glad I was to have him on board. I quickly made sure to let him know that he'll be treated much better than his time in WWF and he let me know that he's happy to start a new chapter here with us. Now that Lawler was aboard, I informed Tony Schiavone and Mike Tenay about the news and they seemed very pleased with his addition. Although, Tenay would inform me that he wasn't so keen on Jerry's views on woman, which I assured him won't be taking place here in WCW.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> WWF held Judgement Day this past Sunday, and I must say, they did a great job. The main event stole the show in which Steve Austin retained the WWF World Heavyweight championship against Chris Jericho. The semi-main event was also on par with that match, where The Brothers of Destruction defeated Kurt Angle and The Big Show. No title changes took place and they're tag team titles still weren't defended. I had thought Triple H and Steve Austin were in a feud with The Brothers of Destruction. Taker and Kane would be perfect opponents to take the titles off the Intercontinental champion, Triple H and world champion, Steve Austin. I guess Vince McMahon has other plans.... Speaking of Vince McMahon....</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44146" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My phone began to go off, I took a look to see who it was and it just so happened to be the man himself, Vince McMahon. I answered the call and thought to myself, this should be good.<p> </p><p> "Hey there Vince, how you holding up?" I asked.</p><p> </p><p> "I'm doing just great actually, we just had a tremendous PPV, which is getting great reviews. More importantly, how are you pal? I've seen you been on quite a run as of late." He said.</p><p> </p><p> "So you've been paying attention I see? Well, we must be doing pretty great to have you be worried about us." I said, trying to hold back a little bit of laughter.</p><p> </p><p> "Worried? HA! After the quality of great shows we've been putting on as of late, I have nothing to be worried about. I admire you effort in trying to reclaim the #1 spot for WCW but that won't be happening." He said with a straight forward response.</p><p> </p><p> "Well than Vince, what brings you to call me? I'm sure your aware I have a show to run tonight." I said sounding quite annoyed already.</p><p> </p><p> "I'm calling because I want you to take my recent PPV, Judgement Day, as an example that you cannot win this war against me." He said.</p><p> </p><p> "Win a war? Vince, I'm not trying to go to war with you. Yeah, It would be nice to beat you and take my company to the top of the mountain. Though, I have no plans of that right now. Right now, I'm more focused on giving these fans options on what wrestling they would prefer to see. Not everybody is going to want to watch that soap oprea stuff you call "Sports Entertainment". I said, letting Vince know that it's more about the fans than war.</p><p> </p><p> "Well, you're not going to go very far Ric. Your company may be on a great start now but how much longer do you really think your company will last once injuries begin to set in? How about once you and your creative team begin to run out of fresh ideas for storylines and feuds? What will you do once you see your fans slowly decrease and than switch over to my shows? Do you really want to set yourself up for that kind of failure, Ric?" He said, sounding confident in every word.</p><p> </p><p> "Vince, your words don't bother me. You won't talk me out of my game, I'll do whatever It takes to keep these fans tuning in each and every week. Now if you ain't got anything important to say, I believe this conversation is over." I said, as I knew I had to be at Nitro shortly.</p><p> </p><p> "Your setting yourself up for defeat Ric, enjoy your success while you can." He said before hanging up the phone.</p><p> </p><p> "Setting myself up for defeat" I thought about that for a minute than mumbled under my breath, "we'll see about that Vince."</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44146" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i.imgur.com/1CEXVuJ.jpg</span><p> <strong>Date : May 17th, 2001</strong></p><p><strong> From Meehan Auditorium in Providence, New Hampshire</strong></p><p><strong> Attendance : 3,049</strong></p><p><strong> Announce Team : Tony Schiavone, Jerry Lawler and Mike Tenay</strong></p><p><strong> TV Rating : 2.40 (2.43 last week)</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Ric Flair welcomes the newest member of the announce team, Jerry "The King" Lawler. The fans cheer loudly to see Lawler back at the commentary table. <strong>(B+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match 1 :</strong> Jamie Noble looked to impress "The Nature Boy" tonight by facing off against Fit Finlay, who is returning from injury. Noble had a good start with his technical work but Finlay would make a comeback to seal the deal. <strong>©</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Scott Steiner storms into Ric Flair's office and demands an answer on Booker T's health. "I want to know whether Booker T is going to fight me or hand me my championship." Flair responds "Booker T will be on a live telecast tonight to announce that." Steiner than responds by saying he better or else the situation will get worse. <strong>(A)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> The Locker Room Leaders claim that they're a legitimate team to face The Natural Born Thrillers for the tag team championships. Claim that they'll let they're actions speak louder than they're words. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match 2 :</strong> Elix Skipper and Kid Romeo looked to make a statement tonight on The Locker Room Leaders. They had the advantage over Konnan & Hugh Morrus at the start of the match, but Morrus used his strength to rebound. Once the momentum was back on they're side, it was smooth sailing. Morrus finished off Romeo to earn the win. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> The Locker Room Leaders would celebrate they're win until it was cut short by Mark Jindrak and Shawn Stasiak. They beatdown on both Morrus and Konnan, than claimed that they're the #1 contenders for the WCW World Tag Team Championships. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> The NWA World Champion, Steve Corino makes another appearence on Nitro and claims he should be higher up on the card. "I'm better than anyone on this roster. I should be the main eventer! In fact, to prove I'm the best, I'm issuing an open challenge to anyone backstage to come out and face me." AJ Styles takes the challenge up and claims tonight he proves why he's WCW's rising star.<strong>(C-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match 3 :</strong> This match went down really well considering both Corino and Styles have some great wrestling skills. Although there was no heat, these two really created a good match and could someday be a main event level match. Styles gave it all he had but Corino would earn the win when he executed the Old School Expulsion. <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Rey Misterio Jr cuts a backstage promo on last week's attack by Mike Awesome, "I've been knocked down plenty of times before and every time, I've always came back. Mike, you better believe that I'm going to get my revenge." <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match 4 :</strong> Chavo Guerrero Jr got his rematch against Shane Helms tonight in a non-title match. Guerrero felt as though his loss was a fluke at The Big Bang and tonight he had the chance to prove that to Ric Flair. Helms went at Guerrero with everything he had but Guerrero was red hot tonight to prove he deserved one more match. Helms almost had the win too with the Vertebreaker but Guerrero came upon a quick reversal and executed the Three Amigos. Afterwards, Guerrero executed the Frog Splash and earned the win. The commentary team would hype up the fact that we'll be seeing Guerrero versus Helms once more at The Great American Bash. Guerrero than celebrated the win, while Helms looked on in disbelief. <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> WCW's new signee, CM Punk goes on another rant but this time by himself and tells the audience and viewers what it means to be straight edge. "Straight Edge is something none of you have. While you all waste your pathetic lives stuffing your faces with junk food, smoking them deadly cigarettes, drinking alcohol and getting in trouble with the law. I'm much better than YOU ALL because I'm 100% drug free and 100% all skills. I can perform both promos and matches to a whole other level. In other words, my definition of perfection is STRAIGHT EDGE!" <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Diamond Dallas Page cuts a backstage promo on Jeff Jarrett. "Tonight, I'll show once again why I should be the #1 contender for the U.S championship." <strong>(B)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match 5 :</strong> Rey Misterio's good friend, Billy Kidman looked to get retribution for Misterio tonight by defeating Mike Awesome but he came up short. Awesome executed very strong grapples and strikes, which led to him finishing Kidman off with the Awesome Bomb. <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Mike Awesome begins attacking Kidman but Misterio comes for the save. Awesome is caught off guard and Misterio takes full force on the offense. Lance Storm begins to rush to the ring and beatsdown on Misterio with Awesome. The teamwork helps them prevail over Misterio and Kidman, as they're sent over the ropes. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match 6 :</strong> DDP and Road Warrior Animal fought against each other as if a title was on the line tonight. They made up a good match which was very evenly open. DDP prevailed in the end with a Diamond Cutter to gain the pin. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Jeff Jarrett shows up out of no where and hits DDP with one of his guitars. Jarrett than stands over DDP with the US championship. "You want a match against me?! You got it, but I won't be sorry once I kick your ass and send you to the back of the line!" <strong>(A)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Buff Bagwell gets interviewed by Bobby Heenan on why he turned on Lex Luger last week. "I did what needed to done. I have a whole career ahead of me and I want nothing more but success. Luger is passed his prime and he can't keep up anymore like he used too when he "was" a world champion." <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Lex Luger than confronts Buff Bagwell and challenges him to a match at The Great American Bash. "If that is how you really feel than prove yourself against me at The Great American Bash in 2 weeks." Bagwell accepts the challenge. <strong>(B)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Match 7 :</strong> The so called new "Icon" faced off against Dustin Rhodes in tonight's match and unlike his opponent from last week, Rhodes actually gave Kanyon a fight. Rhodes looked to make a point against Kanyon but Kanyon used a cheap kick to the gut on Rhodes while the referee didn't see. From that moment on, Kanyon had the momentum and ran with it all the way until he earned the pin after executing the Flatliner. <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> Kanyon begins to brag about how he has ended Sting's career and defeated the son of legendary, Dusty Rhodes. "I'm better than all of these so called legends and better than they're kids. I am the very definition of the new era, I am the icon of this generation and you all will respect me!" </p><p> </p><p> Suddenly, Sting comes from the rafters and begins striking Kanyon with his black baseball bat. The crowd loves every bit of it as they cheer loudly for Sting getting revenge. After several swings to Kanyon, he drops the bat and begins swinging with his fists. The two begin to brawl outside the ring, with Kanyon looking groggy after the vicious attacks from the bat. The two make it all the way up to the entrance, which than leads to Sting executing a Scorpion Deathdrop. Sting looks down at Kanyon and claims that this is far from over. He then raises his arm high as he gets the upper hand over Kanyon tonight. <strong>(A)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Main Event :</strong> Scott Steiner was more than pumped tonight as The Great American Bash approaches. Steiner went up against Bam Bam Bigelow and made easy work of the big guy tonight. It didn't take long for Steiner to execute the Frankensteiner and earn the win. <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Promo :</strong> A video pops up on the screen with Booker T holding the WCW World Heavyweight championship in his home in Houston, Texas. Booker T than gives Scott Steiner an update on his health, which doesn't please Scott Steiner. "Scott, you want this championship? Well your going to have to defeat me at The Great American Bash in 2 weeks, because I ain't giving it up without a fight. I'm all cleared and as a matter of fact, I'm going to be there next week to confront you face to face. So be ready sucka!" The video than discloses and Scott Steiner begins to yell as he clearly looks pissed off about not getting his title back tonight. The show ends with Scott Steiner yelling in the camera "He's going to get his freakin shoulder broken completely before he can even make it to The Great American Bash!" <strong>(B+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Show Rating : B+</strong></p><p> <em>This show increased our populations in 31 regions</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <em>We finally went ahead with the heel turn for Shane Helms, as we made him clearly look like a heel in the match against Chavo Guerrero. We'll be addressing this more so next week in case some fans didn't catch on to the dirty tactics use by Helms himself.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> The card for The Great American Bash is looking good and we got 2 weeks to still build up the rivalries and possibly add several matches into the show. It's going to be a big event and I'm looking forward to it. </em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> I like Steve Corino's in ring performance and he has impressed me a lot these past matches he had with Kaz Hayashi and AJ Styles. Next week, we'll look to get him involved in a storyline to which I hope we can build up nicely for the PPV.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> CM Punk has a lot of potential on the microphone skills but we'll see how he does with his in ring skills next week when we schedule him to face Fit Finlay.</em></p>

Sorry for the lack of updates for anyone who has followed this diary. My job has gotten very busy as of late, due to the amount of shipments we must make. This diary is very much alive but as of right now, It is on hold. I cannot give an exact update just yet on when the next show will be up. I'm scheduled to work the rest of this week, so hopefully sometime next week. While on my breaks and hours after work, I have had great ideas on a long term project in the makings. This diary will probably be a side project once this new project is released. I've took better steps to prepare making this next diary a several years long project by making spreadsheets, notes, and my own worker pics. I'm looking forward to getting it out soon but I want to have AT LEAST 2-3 months of shows & PPVs written up before I release it. The only reason why I'm planning a new project and making this a side one is because I want to do something "new" in my perspective. I'll have new updates on this once I come closer to releasing this new diary. Again, this diary is not dead. From time to time, I will comeback to this and write a show whenever I'm looking for something new! Definitely will be back soon!

Archived