Do you think it would be possible for Mr. Ryland to patch in an ageing cheat?

For those of us who play with mods, particularly modern day Real World ones, it'd be a godsend to not have to worry about ageing and general physical wear and tear.

Personally, I don't like the idea of signing fake workers in to a company filled with real ones, it messes with my immersion. So I figure the easiest workaround would to patch in a cheat that would allow us to stop everybody in the save to stop ageing and reduce/end physical wear.

For those of us who play with mods, particularly modern day Real World ones, it'd be a godsend to not have to worry about ageing and general physical wear and tear.

Personally, I don't like the idea of signing fake workers in to a company filled with real ones, it messes with my immersion. So I figure the easiest workaround would to patch in a cheat that would allow us to stop everybody in the save to stop ageing and reduce/end physical wear.

Just let us edit the decline age in-game.

Set that to 55. Problem solved.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MHero" data-cite="MHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44235" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>But the point of TEW is to adapt to change. If you take away worker aging, you're not really facing any challenges at all as you can keep booking the same guys year in, year out.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah I agree with this.</p><p> </p><p> I understand you want a "cheat" but I actually REALLY enjoy seeing my main eventers age and step down. It's great. Angles are easy and fun to write as well.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Peria" data-cite="Peria" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44235" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah I agree with this.<p> </p><p> I understand you want a "cheat" but I actually REALLY enjoy seeing my main eventers age and step down. It's great. Angles are easy and fun to write as well.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I understand this, completely. But when you're booking in the real world with a 2017 mod, and you go quite a few years, eventually there'd be nobody left. That's where the cheat would come in handy.</p>

<p>To be fair there's no 'right' way to play TEW.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm not sure if this is something that could be implemented because I have zero idea how the associated code works—I have a feeling it would probably involved rejiggering decline/maturity entirely which might be a bit much, but Thuganomics is just looking for an enjoyment feature is all.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BasicThuganomics" data-cite="BasicThuganomics" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44235" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I understand this, completely. But when you're booking in the real world with a 2017 mod, and you go quite a few years, eventually there'd be nobody left. That's where the cheat would come in handy.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's why you should turn on worker generation and regeneration. Then you will have an endless supply of new workers forever more.</p><p> </p><p> As for removing ageing, I don't think that's possible. Age is literally worked out in-game by a combination of their birth date and the game date. So unless Adam adds a new variable for a fixed age (which would require a new field, therefor changing the game structure and rendering old saves unplayable) it seems impossible. It would also destroy any sense of game balance as you'd have to take into account things like stat progression.... can't just have everyone getting better forever, and with thing like maturity age effecting how quickly people can gain stats and the physical wear and tear workers take from working matches (leading to injury based retirements) and you're just looking at a giant clusterfudge of a gamebreaking cheat code that would require a lot of core mechanics to be turned off.</p><p> </p><p> If you really want people to stay around forever you can use the editor to change their birth date. Just keep making them young every now and again for anyone you want to keep around forever... obviously that would be silly amounts of work if you want to do that for everyone, but for select peope you don't want to see on Time Decline it can do the job.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Derek B" data-cite="Derek B" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44235" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's why you should turn on worker generation and regeneration. Then you will have an endless supply of new workers forever more.<p> </p><p> As for removing ageing, I don't think that's possible. Age is literally worked out in-game by a combination of their birth date and the game date. So unless Adam adds a new variable for a fixed age (which would require a new field, therefor changing the game structure and rendering old saves unplayable) it seems impossible. It would also destroy any sense of game balance as you'd have to take into account things like stat progression.... can't just have everyone getting better forever, and with thing like maturity age effecting how quickly people can gain stats and the physical wear and tear workers take from working matches (leading to injury based retirements) and you're just looking at a giant clusterfudge of a gamebreaking cheat code that would require a lot of core mechanics to be turned off.</p><p> </p><p> If you really want people to stay around forever you can use the editor to change their birth date. Just keep making them young every now and again for anyone you want to keep around forever... obviously that would be silly amounts of work if you want to do that for everyone, but for select peope you don't want to see on Time Decline it can do the job.</p></div></blockquote><p> Mm but in a real world mod I don't want a random made up guy coming in and facing real world workers. It ruins immersion. </p><p> </p><p> You make a good point on how the game is structured, though. What I'd like preferably is that everything but time freezes. So nobody gets better, nobody gets worse. I can edit the stats myself if I think X is better at mat wrestling than the database has him set to be.</p>

<p>While only Adam can say for sure, it at least seems unlikely that this will be added to an existing game, given the fundamental changes to the game that Derek suggests would be required.</p><p> </p><p>

Worker generation is a slow thing, though; Unless you're pushing your best workers beyond their useful lifespan, you shouldn't be at a point where mass replacement of workers is occurring. Having the odd random regen appear in your fed can be as simple as them being your fed's latest dojo/developmental graduate, or the latest hire from the indies. Drip feeding them into your roster in ones and twos allows you time to edit their bios as well - give them a more 'real' flavour if that would make them feel more like they belong in your game.</p>

Mm but in a real world mod I don't want a random made up guy coming in and facing real world workers. It ruins immersion.

You make a good point on how the game is structured, though. What I'd like preferably is that everything but time freezes. So nobody gets better, nobody gets worse. I can edit the stats myself if I think X is better at mat wrestling than the database has him set to be.

So having a fake wrestler ruins immersion, but using a John Cena who is still 40 years old in 2027 doesn't? Interesting.

Real world mods are all subjective. But the overall balance matters more than anything else. Nothing wrong with tweaking you feel something is off, but the more you tweak, the more you can throw off the balance.

Derek's suggestion is your best bet. If you don't want to mess around with skills, then just edit the birth year and maybe the physical condition. Do it once a year so no one gets older. The WWE Universe remains forever the same.

Archived