NYCW: A New Identity

April 2016

Bruce The Giant returns from retirement and purchases NYCW from Larry Vessey. NYCW has put on some decent shows so far this year, but apparently they weren't as profitable as some would think. NYCW was the one promotion where nostalgia reigned supreme, but what lies ahead for the small promotion now with Bruce leading the charge?

NYCW's Previous Event Grades & Attendance

January, NYCW Rush Hour[42]

Sold Out 1000

Tennessee William d. Devastating Don by DQ: 34

Dean Waldorf d. Geoff Borne: 46

Masked Mauler d. Crockett Tubbs for the NYCW Tri State Championship: 47

Honest Frank d. Bulldozer Brandon Smith: 48

Man Mountain Cahill d. Roger Cage for the NYCW Empire Championship: 60

February, NYCW Wasteland[39]

Sold Out 1000

Andrew Harper d. Freedom Eagle: 34

Masked Mauler d. Geoff Borne to retain the NYCW Tri State Championship: 42

ANGLE: Segment Cheerleader Nikki d. Steve Flash: 57

Southern Stars d. Yukon Boys to retain NYCW Tag Championships: 45

Honest Frank d. Dean Waldorf: 45

Man Mountain Cahill d Bulldozer Brandon Smith to retain NYCW Empire: 53

March, NYCW Wrathchild[36]

Sold Out 1000

Crockett Tubbs d. Devastating Don by DQ: 36

Geoff Borne d. Brutus Milano: 35

Southern Stars d. OSP to retain the NYCW Tag Championships: 44

Yukon Boys d. Brooklyns Finest: 35

Man Mountain Cahill d. Dean Waldorf to retain NYCW Empire: 49

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">NYCW Press Conference for NYCW Shining Glory Event</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Reporter: Bruce, this is the first even held under you leadership. What can we expect from this event?</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Bruce: Well I feel we have a pretty decent card if I do say so myself. Ya see, NYCW was built on the backs of veterans whether they be washed up or on their last run. It has been a staple in the Tri-State area for decades with a proven formula. I don't plan to deviate to far from that formula, but I will say this...we are going to change our entire identity from NYCW because our goal is to be a national powerhouse. To get back to the event if you'd look at the wall behind me you can see what we have in store for you all.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44352" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">NYCW Shining Glory</span></strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong> </strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong> NYCW Tag Team Championship</strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong> The Ring Generals vs Southern Stars</strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong> </strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong> Rick Sanders vs Randall Hopkirk</strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong> </strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong> Steve vs Brutus Milano</strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong> </strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong> NYCW Empire State Champions</strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong> Man Mountain Cahill Open Challenge</strong></strong></p></div><p></p></div></blockquote><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Reporter: Many would say looking at that card that it's lacking as far as star power. Your response?</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Bruce: Well people can say what they like, but if they're not paying these guys salary then they have very little room to speak. I said earlier that we are going to gain a new identity and I meant I. How about we talk about the fact that Brutus Milano is going to be in a match with one of the most underrated wrestlers in the world. Even at 49 he's still among the best. How about the opening match of the night? Those two teams could easily go on last and tear the house down. Now while people may say no star power they can't deny that this is still a pretty good card.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Reporter: Final question. Do you think that this event will perform better than the last two the company held?</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Bruce: I believe it will but I don't know how the fans will react to anything. The only way to go is up and I plan on getting NYCW to a point to where we can compete with the big guys and rechristen this company with a name that'd fit that moment. Until then, thank you and goodbye.</strong></p>

Archived