WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What exactly do you mean?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I meant like anyone who reminds you of him in the game. Maybe looks, ability, star power etc.</p>

Has anyone found a way to make the game more challenging for the AI companies?

I'm nine years in with the default data. Not one company has dropped in size, and they all have stacks of money. It makes the game world very static.

I have minor overall financial penalties and aggressive AI hiring turned on to try to make them lose a bit of money, but it's not having an impact.

I have minor overall financial penalties and aggressive AI hiring turned on to try to make them lose a bit of money, but it's not having an impact.

I'm sure you could've guessed this, but you might turn the overall penalties to large/big. :rolleyes: For Aggro hiring to have an effect you'd have to manually wage talent wars with them and lose all of them.

I've had several companies go bankrupt this way. Lots of them, actually. But honestly, if you want one of them to go, just put them 100 million in the red and they will fold a year after. This isn't TEW. If you want the game to be harder you gotta make some house rules you follow.

As for the C-verse McGregor: maybe Sukarno? But with looks and all? No.

New player quick question

So I picked this up to hold me over until TEW 2020 and have one quick probably stupid question. I created a new person in the database to use as my avatar but when I start game he is not listed under all. How do I make it so I can choose him?

So I picked this up to hold me over until TEW 2020 and have one quick probably stupid question. I created a new person in the database to use as my avatar but when I start game he is not listed under all. How do I make it so I can choose him?

If you didn't set them as an avatar then you'd need to change the view in the avatar selection screen to show all characters.

They wouldn't appear at all if they weren't yet active in the game world, which may be the case if you've given them a debut date that is too late.

Failing that, you may have added them to a different database to the one you're currently using, or, you may have failed to put yourself into admin mode correctly either when you were adding the character or now - you need to be in admin mode at all times or you will get database issues with items not being visible to you.

Thanks

If you didn't set them as an avatar then you'd need to change the view in the avatar selection screen to show all characters.

They wouldn't appear at all if they weren't yet active in the game world, which may be the case if you've given them a debut date that is too late.

Failing that, you may have added them to a different database to the one you're currently using, or, you may have failed to put yourself into admin mode correctly either when you were adding the character or now - you need to be in admin mode at all times or you will get database issues with items not being visible to you.

Thanks it was the date he entered game causing the problem, have a great one

Invalid Title

I keep getting an invalid title message "fightername couldn't possible make the maximum weight for a UFC Lightweight title fight"

The fighter has been set to the exact upper threshold for the the weight class but it still doesn't allow me to book the title match.

I keep getting an invalid title message "fightername couldn't possible make the maximum weight for a UFC Lightweight title fight"

The fighter has been set to the exact upper threshold for the the weight class but it still doesn't allow me to book the title match.

Are you sure you haven't customized the weights or something? For the record: the "minimum weight" is the one that counts. If the fighter's "weight cut" skill is too low, the editor gives you the warning already that they can't make said weight (a warning you can sometimes just ignore). But in-game it will allow the fight, so that can't be the problem.

I find it's best to just use the default weights as the game's ranking system is tailored towards those, and you'll get a big mess when you alter them.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thatpyrodude" data-cite="thatpyrodude" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Haven’t been on here in awehile, is WMMA5 still planning to be the last game in the series, or is there hope after TEW2020 is released?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nothing new to support a new release theory so far, but I sure hope it happens down the line. WMMA5 was the best game Adam ever did and if it is a good indicator of Adam's future projects evolving quality rate, TEW20 will soon grab that title.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels" data-cite="shawn michaels" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Nothing new to support a new release theory so far, but I sure hope it happens down the line. WMMA5 was the best game Adam ever did and if it is a good indicator of Adam's future projects evolving quality rate, TEW20 will soon grab that title.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yea I gotta say WMMA 5 is the best text sim I’ve ever played, hoping we get a sixth of Adam is ever up to it.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest T0morrow

A few questions...

It seems like the more I play the game, the more I realize I don't know.....

Regarding fighters, is it possible for a fighter to retire and then become an owner/CEO? I am thinking that it is not possible based on database examination, but I might be wrong.

Likewise, is it also possible for a company set to open randomly to open without an appropriate owner/founder/etc? I would also assume that this is negative (forgive me; I just wanted to make sure I had enough characters in a mod for the companies to open).

It seems like the more I play the game, the more I realize I don't know.....

Regarding fighters, is it possible for a fighter to retire and then become an owner/CEO? I am thinking that it is not possible based on database examination, but I might be wrong.

Likewise, is it also possible for a company set to open randomly to open without an appropriate owner/founder/etc? I would also assume that this is negative (forgive me; I just wanted to make sure I had enough characters in a mod for the companies to open).

You can leave it blank and set to preferred, then it’ll select an owner and CEO from active non-fighters

If you have a fighter on a standard contract, but he gets signed away on an exclusive contract, does he leave immediately or will he stay until he has fought the minimum number of fights or number of years in the standard contract?

I think he stays for a month or after his next fight.

Thanks man:)

Haven't played the game in a while, and just started a new save as my own promotion. Now GAMMA has signed my Heavyweight Champion.

Yeah I wouldn't recommend ever doing the 0-to-100-challenge like they do in TEW, where you start off as the lowest possible level and work your way up. You need to fill your time with can-fights and by the time the currect stars are retired you become relevant. If you're starting as mid-level-regional, you gotta make peace with the poaching. Nothing you can do, unless you grant yourself millions of $ to ridiculously overpay the worker in question. :p

Yeah I wouldn't recommend ever doing the 0-to-100-challenge like they do in TEW, where you start off as the lowest possible level and work your way up. You need to fill your time with can-fights and by the time the currect stars are retired you become relevant. If you're starting as mid-level-regional, you gotta make peace with the poaching. Nothing you can do, unless you grant yourself millions of $ to ridiculously overpay the worker in question. :p

Yeah. I did my own company save before, starting at low level regional. I had such a massive roster turnover until I could offer exclusive deals. But the funny thing is, I ended up re-signing tons of my original roster 'cause GAMMA and Alpha-1 cut them free after some time.

I ended up re-signing tons of my original roster 'cause GAMMA and Alpha-1 cut them free after some time.

That is pretty cool. I once had the intention of piloting an org that would use low level guys and then scout the discarded ALPHA-1/GAMMA workers, but I discarded the idea because what I mentioned earlier: you can't be the architect of the greatest matchups that way. :p There is however a different gameplay goal, as your target is to provide excitement to get that pop boost. It's not easy actually, whereas GAMMA gameplay is about rep. Excitement is just not a priority as you'll be at maximum pop in no time and as soon as you hit national there's no restrictions on finances.

Plus: often they just aren't worth it. Even if they were on main cards of top level orgs they still linger around mid-level-regional, which is less than what your up'n'comers have.

I would love to see WMMA6 - if it ever comes - to have more focus on the business/management aspect like TEW, but I doubt we'll see it, given the stagnant, starless state of MMA atm. :(

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Majster_93" data-cite="Majster_93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><a href="https://imgur.com/TKJesAl" rel="external nofollow">https://imgur.com/TKJesAl</a><p> </p><p> Why can't I do this fight? 1st and 2nd in the ranking and the fight is not possible ...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Because he doesn't want to fight him.</p>

• 2 weeks later...