WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

If I set new companies to "disabled" for a period, and then later to "enabled", will the be able to open after that?

Yes.

So about 8 years into my game , I’m getting a run time error : record not found and the game crashes. I tried to do the restor save to get a backup, but the same thing happens there too

Any solutions ?

You'd need to post in the Technical Support forum, making sure to read the pinned threads at the top.

How come UFC are never holding Fight Night or UFC on Fox in my save? Both are set as TV-shows, and has a broadcaster attached to them.

Yes, they are set as event-driven, but shouldn't they hold a TV-show every now and then? Shouldn't there be a middle-ground between Event and TV-Driven?

How come UFC are never holding Fight Night or UFC on Fox in my save? Both are set as TV-shows, and has a broadcaster attached to them.

Yes, they are set as event-driven, but shouldn't they hold a TV-show every now and then? Shouldn't there be a middle-ground between Event and TV-Driven?

GAMMA is obviously modeled towards UFC, with perhaps a slight emphasis on PPV. Just copy their company settings to the mod you use.

The only difference is that UFC is set to Saturation under event settings, while GAMMA is set to Normal.

Oh, that's strange. In my games UFC has a decent amount of TV shows, but indeed not as intense as in reality (well... pre-virus :p).

You should probably change it to TV-based in order to reflect reality. They will still do events.

Oh, that's strange. In my games UFC has a decent amount of TV shows, but indeed not as intense as in reality (well... pre-virus :p).

You should probably change it to TV-based in order to reflect reality. They will still do events.

Yeah, I'll probably change it... They'll have like two or three PPV's a month, which is kinda much. And no TV-shows in between.

So I did change them to TV-Based, but that just made them put the UFC-events on TV, instead of PPV. They still don't announce shows like UFC Fight Night or UFC on Fox.

Atm. in my save, they have UFC 225, 226 and 227 on week 4 June, Week 1 July and Week 2 July respectively. Which I guess isn't un-normal, but at least two of them should be Fight Night...

Two weeks later, yet another two shows has been announced. They have a UFC-PPV event once a week, but no TV-shows.

Same, in my experience. Never needed to change them to tv driven, or change them in any ways. They usually do a decent amount of tv shows.

I just finished the first show with my new company and all of the losing fighters were automatically released. I didn't want this to happen. Is there some setting that automates this? Thanks

A stupid question:

Did you only give them one fight in the contract?

A stupid question:

Did you only give them one fight in the contract?

I don't think so and it doesn't say their contract expired, it specifically says they were cut. "Cody McKenzie has been cut from the Golden Boy roster". Also, it only cut the losers and all of the losers none of the winners.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels" data-cite="shawn michaels" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Same, in my experience. Never needed to change them to tv driven, or change them in any ways. They usually do a decent amount of tv shows.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They still won't do TV-shows in my save... It's kinda weird. They're holding PPV's once a week, sometimes only every two weeks.</p>

They still won't do TV-shows in my save... It's kinda weird. They're holding PPV's once a week, sometimes only every two weeks.

I checked my most recent save to see how the trend continues. They put 2 or 3 ppvs a month and occasionally follow that with a few tv shows. Obviously they are ppv driven, so that still makes more sense than what you have experienced. So the fact they are not doing any at all in your save might be their settings not being right.

I checked my most recent save to see how the trend continues. They put 2 or 3 ppvs a month and occasionally follow that with a few tv shows. Obviously they are ppv driven, so that still makes more sense than what you have experienced. So the fact they are not doing any at all in your save might be their settings not being right.

Perphaps... I switched to another mod, where UFC has announced two TV-shows in two weeks (only four weeks into the save). No events yet. In that mod, they are set to TV-driven.

I'm just wondering if I edit someone from the game whilst in game via the settings menu, will this cause me to crash? I have duplicates of fighters but I'm 2 years in

If you mean "edit from" as in "remove them from the game", you can't, the editor doesn't offer you that option in a live game.

If you mean just edit them as in give them a new name, then yes, you can do that.

The editor wouldn't cause a crash regardless; it'd be a bit silly to include it in the game if it caused crashes when you used it.

Perphaps... I switched to another mod, where UFC has announced two TV-shows in two weeks (only four weeks into the save). No events yet. In that mod, they are set to TV-driven.

My bad, just reviewed the situation to be sure. They are set as TV Driven in the mod I am playing. Upon a closer look I noticed they do like 5 ppvs followed by 5 tv shows average. Not exactly a true to life setup, but still they do make TV and PPV, so it will be a matter of finding the right settings. Here is their current settings in the save in question:

1478ac61bd2a9293724d5b157b6c44a5.png

If you mean "edit from" as in "remove them from the game", you can't, the editor doesn't offer you that option in a live game.

If you mean just edit them as in give them a new name, then yes, you can do that.

The editor wouldn't cause a crash regardless; it'd be a bit silly to include it in the game if it caused crashes when you used it.

Thank you Adam. Just trying to cover all bases before anything happens to my save :) i will just rename those who are active and leave those who are retired. appreciate the reply.

I don't know if this would be possible with a patch, but it sure would help a lot if we could edit ongoing saves, as it would facilitate the removal of duplicates from some dbs.

My bad, just reviewed the situation to be sure. They are set as TV Driven in the mod I am playing. Upon a closer look I noticed they do like 5 ppvs followed by 5 tv shows average. Not exactly a true to life setup, but still they do make TV and PPV, so it will be a matter of finding the right settings. Here is their current settings in the save in question:

1478ac61bd2a9293724d5b157b6c44a5.png

Yeah, that's the settings in my save. I'm in week 4 of February, and so far they've announced five TV-shows, one in week 3 and week 4 of February , and one in week 1 and week 3 of March and finally one in week 1 of April.

No PPV's so far. If they don't, I'll switch to event-based, so they'll announce an event, then switch it back to TV-based for a while and so back and forth.

I would love for there to be, in the editor, a TV-show to Events ratio that the AI would work under.

Is there any way to turn down UFC's aggressive cutting? I'm seeing guys like aldo cut on 1 loss in 3. Justin Willis who was undefeated I believe. These were early in the game for me and I'm approaching year 3 now. Adesanya/dos anjos etc. I know thats not down to the game as I'm using a data base, but is there anyway to prevent it happening so much?

Is there some way to alter the fight engine so that grapplers don't just stand there with their thumbs up their rear every single time they face a talented striker? It's ridiculous that talented wrestlers are losing fights because the game won't let them do any actual grappling because throwing punches somehow creates an anti takedown force field in this game.

Is there some way to alter the fight engine so that grapplers don't just stand there with their thumbs up their rear every single time they face a talented striker? It's ridiculous that talented wrestlers are losing fights because the game won't let them do any actual grappling because throwing punches somehow creates an anti takedown force field in this game.

You could give them the "constant takedowns" perk but that one is OP as hell. Even an average wrestler can use it to dominate an elite striker (even with great tkd defense).

Or it you want a general change just increase takedown effectiveness/frequency by 25% or something.