South American Character Names

Brazilian and South American names have absolutely nothing alike due to the countries speaking totally diferent languages. It is impossible to see someone named Joao, Brazil's most common male name, in Argentina for example and it is incredibly rare to see someone named Cristobal, one of South America's most common names, in Brazil.

It's the only thing in WMMA that always throws me a little off and it is really hard to fix due to the names being merged together. It would make more sense to merge Brazil and Portugal, however it would be best if Brazil could be separated entirely since having so many immigrants from a lot of countries (specially Italy and Japan), it is really common to see someone with slightly different names (like Lyoto Machida) in Brazil and not in Portugal.

Don't know if it is a possibility to change for future patches, but I am more than welcome in helping to divide the names already in database and expanding it with a large collection of both South American and Brazilian names to make the game way more real and immersive to their large collection of South American and Brazilian fans. I have a group of over 10 friends who play WMMA almost religiously and it really would make wonders for our experience with the game.

Archived