Suggestions on Popularity for the NWA as an individual company in 2005?

Having been a lurker and reader of this site for a long time now i know there are a lot of helpful and knowledgeable people here so i have a question and i am open to all suggestions.... What would the NWA have popularity wise if it was a standalone company in 2005? One of the areas i dont know too much about was the NWA's black period after ECW and before TNA gave it a platform in 2002.

I want to run the NWA like a U.S version of NJPW (but with a little more western storylines) and try to bring it back to being a viable entity in the wrestling world.

Any and all reply's will be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

<p>it would depend on the story you're creating. Who is "buying" the NWA? When ever I do a save like that, I go with Mark Cuban utilize his TV connections and also give a boost in the midsouth. </p><p> </p><p>

If I did something like that, I'd put them at a strong regional level, but give a TV deal with HDNet.</p>

That is a good question. I mean TNA did provide them with a national platform again but I guess one could argue that it did not really help the NWA brand out all that much. Personally I would rank them either high small or low regional.

Cheers for the response, Regional seems like the go, maybe slightly higher in Mid South and Mid Atlantic over the other regions.

it would depend on the story you're creating. Who is "buying" the NWA? When ever I do a save like that, I go with Mark Cuban utilize his TV connections and also give a boost in the midsouth.

If I did something like that, I'd put them at a strong regional level, but give a TV deal with HDNet.

Thanks for the input. That Mark Cuban scenario sounds pretty interesting, especially now given that he has or at least has shown interest in investing in NJPW and i want to try and run the NWA like a slightly westernised NJPW. My usual 'Go TO' UC is Shane McMahon but i was throwing around ideas in my head like Dusty (minus the Dusty Finishes), Dana White, Freddie Prinze Jr, Paul Heyman and Jerry Jarrett.

No higher than mid-Regional, but with some popularity in every region in the States, at least.

Thanks alot for the feedback, really appreciated. Regional seems like the starting point for it. Mid South and Mid Atlantic being the higher regions and the rest around 10-15.

I am still open to any and all other suggestions, a good discussion about a shared interest never hurt anyone :)

<p>I think that you should go with 5% for everywhere outside of the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, which should have 15%. This might sound harsh but the NWA basically lost most of it's cachet when WCW became the "southern brand", and WCW was the only place still repping it by 1993. Pacific Northwest hadn't been running for at least a year, California was a dead NWA circuit since the 1980s, same with Hawaii, Mid-South was independent for years and Texas was a mess when it came recognizing governing bodies. AWA and the WWF carved out their own territories and ECW did the same. </p><p> </p><p>

So if you do all that and take the popularity percentage in-game as it being the maximum possible wrestling fanbase (which makes more sense than an overall population), then you'd have a lot of casual fans from the Attitude Era who barely noticed the NWA angle and then TNA fans who might be smart but also probably don't care about those three letters.</p>

Archived