These standing stoppages are absolutely ridiculous

If someone gets wobbled against the fence they better hope they get knocked down, the referees stop the fight if they take two (I've even seen one) hard strikes. It's unrealistic and unsatisfying.

Some of the best MMA fights of all time have involved wobbly fighters getting their ass beat around the cage for almost a whole round (Lesnar vs Carwin comes to mind), and not only that but standing stoppages are really quite relatively rare in MMA, and generally take a bit of punishment before refs call them. Joanna Jędrzejczyk vs Jessica Penne, and TJ Dillashaw vs Renan Barao 2 are some notable examples of this.

Anybody else have thoughts on this?

I love the addition of standing stoppages, I just think they're way too omnipresent.

i disagree with you.... but you have given good examples, maybe you can fix in it in the engine? or edit the refs. im not against standing stoppages cause ive been use to seeing them growing up watching boxing and then mma, i think it is the refs responsibility to stop the fight , especially if the person is taking a pounding , they dont throw the "towel in" as much in mma , as they do in other combat sports to .... i can only think of 2 fights ive seen the towel thrown in on in mma and its not even like ufc or bellator

If someone gets wobbled against the fence they better hope they get knocked down, the referees stop the fight if they take two (I've even seen one) hard strikes. It's unrealistic and unsatisfying.

Some of the best MMA fights of all time have involved wobbly fighters getting their ass beat around the cage for almost a whole round (Lesnar vs Carwin comes to mind), and not only that but standing stoppages are really quite relatively rare in MMA, and generally take a bit of punishment before refs call them. Joanna Jędrzejczyk vs Jessica Penne, and TJ Dillashaw vs Renan Barao 2 are some notable examples of this.

Anybody else have thoughts on this?

I love the addition of standing stoppages, I just think they're way too omnipresent.

I don't have a problem with them. The fights you mentioned are exceptions, not the norm (and wasn't the majority of the Carwin/Lesnar beatdown on the ground? I honestly don't remember).

They're not an automatic finish from what I've seen. Tons of guys recover in the game and don't get knocked out when they are put in the position.

I've also seen fighters take a few shots in WMMA5 and then slip or block the next one then get knocked back against the fence again which I guess would kind of fit the scenarios you have mentioned.

<p>Here you go : </p><p> </p><p>

(Rd 1 - 05:00) There's the opening bell!</p><p>

(Rd 1 - 04:47) Dawes looked like he was going to step in and grapple, but Babish simply took the initiative first.</p><p>

(Rd 1 - 04:47) Babish fails to find a home for his jab, but then lands a big right hand.</p><p>

(Rd 1 - 04:43) Dawes covers up...wait, I think he is on rubbery legs! He is hurt!</p><p>

(Rd 1 - 04:43) Babish punishes Dawes with a straight right!</p><p>

(Rd 1 - 04:37) A right cross thumps into Dawes!</p><p>

(Rd 1 - 04:37) Back-pedalling further, Dawes ends up backed up against the ropes.</p><p>

(Rd 1 - 04:29) A right cross thumps into Dawes!</p><p>

(Rd 1 - 04:24) Babish lands a right uppercut but did not get all of it, Dawes partially blocked it!</p><p>

(Rd 1 - 04:19) Babish hits a straight right hand! Dazed, Dawes continues to cover up.</p><p>

(Rd 1 - 04:19) Dawes retreats further and ends up trapped against the ropes.</p><p>

(Rd 1 - 04:11) Babish lands a right uppercut but did not get all of it, Dawes partially blocked it!</p><p>

(Rd 1 - 04:11) Dawes retreats further and ends up trapped against the ropes.</p><p>

(Rd 1 - 04:05) Babish hits a straight right hand! Dazed, Dawes continues to cover up.</p><p>

(Rd 1 - 04:05) Dawes backs off further, ending up trapped against the ropes.</p><p>

(Rd 1 - 04:00) A right cross thumps into Dawes!</p><p>

(Rd 1 - 03:51) Dawes takes a right hand!</p><p>

(Rd 1 - 03:45) Babish hits a straight right hand! Dazed, Dawes continues to cover up.</p><p>

(Rd 1 - 03:38) Babish punishes Dawes with a straight right!</p><p>

(Rd 1 - 03:33) Babish tries to finish him off with a huge right hook, but Dawes avoids it.</p><p>

(Rd 1 - 03:27) Circling back to the center, Dawes looks like he has regained his composure.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Dawes won the fight 29-28.</p>

Archived