Modern Warrior : Cedric Dumas Story

Hello everyone ! I finally decided to make the jump and start my diary career on the forums! In this story, I will use the most recent Modern Warrior for WMMA5, in which I created a character. I have chosen an avatar that starts without a job, and I will follow the world as it go along. I will choose a style similar to Dublin Sky in his Arthur Lockhart story : I will make updates every month with the various cards that have occurred in major promotions around the globe, in addition to following the adventures of my character.

Biography :

Cédric Dumas was a well respected amateur boxer in his native Canada. However, he had repeatedly voiced his admiration for mixed martial arts practitioners. In a surprising career change for some, the Montreal Middleweight decided to reorient his career in MMA. The young fighter will try to make his mark in the various organizations of Canada hoping to make his way to the major leagues of the combat sport. His strengths are obviously his standing game, considering his boxing background. He has an excellent jaw, but his skills on the ground are usually very limited, and a fighter with a good game plan will take advantage of it. From his 5.11 feet tall, Cédric "Stand Still" Dumas will try to mark the Quebec MMA history, as GSP, Patrick Coté, Aubin-Mercier Olivier, Steve Bossé and Jonathan Meunier did before him.

<p><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>February 2018</strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

I managed to find two contracts to fight professionally in MMA! The first to contact me were the people of Hard Knocks Fighting Championship, based in Alberta. They offered me a standard contract of three fights, giving me $ 1,000 to show and $ 2,000 to win, with a scale of performance at 2.5%. In the same week, the company Titan FC, from Florida, also offered me a contract after I spoke with the officials of the company. I will have the same contract as with HKFC. These two contracts will allow me to fight both in Canada and in the United States, and who knows, maybe I can find a contract with a bigger company!</p><p> </p><p>

Bellator held their first gala of the year, and my fellow countryman Rory MacDonald lost his title in the hands of former champion Douglas Lima. "The Red King" is caught by a nasty guillotine in the first round. In the co-main event, Frank Mir made his comeback at Bellator with a victory over Quinton Rampage Jackson via TKO.</p><p>

The UFC has not held events this month.</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">March 2018</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

HKFC and Titan FC both scheduled their first fight card of the year. Unfortunately, I am not on any of them. My professional debut will have to wait ... Meanwhile, while I was at my gym in downtown Montreal, I met two people who have the same goal as me: become mixed martial arts fighters. First, "Magic" Dominic Mosley, with whom I did some training series. While talking, I learned that he was a Canadian KickBoxing champion last year, and that he decided to make the jump into mixed martial arts. At 6'3 '', he will fight in the heavyweight division. He also told me that he was training in a small MMA gym down the street, and that he was gaining some skills in other areas of the sport. This is where he met his girlfriend, who also plans to fight in MMA. The opposite of his boyfriend, Victorine Duvernay, who's also from Montreal, is only 5'0 feet tall, and fight in the strawweight division. She is currently training in Jiu Jitsu, and have as idol Valerie Letourneau, the only Quebecer to have made the jump to the UFC so far and now fighting in Bellator. I will follow my two new friends in their adventures and who knows, maybe we will meet at the top!</p><p> </p><p>

Both Mosley and Duvernay went from words to action, while Dominic signed with LFA Nebraska in the US, as well as in the same organization as me, HKFC. His girlfriend Victorine has put his name at the bottom of contracts with LFA, HKFC and with Invicta, so, my two friends will fight professionally very quickly!</p><p>

</p><p><em><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

*3 weeks later*</span></em></p><p>

Dominic and Victorine inked their first pro fight ! Dominic will fight (0-0) Claude Hartel at LFA 37 in May. He already faced him in amateur kickboxing, where he won the bout via knockout. Victorine will also fight on this card, making his pro debut against (4-1) Lindsay Garbatt.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Around the MMA World</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Fellow Quebecer and idol Steve "The Boss" Bossé made his One FC debut in violent fashion, as he won his fight on the prelims of the gala via first round TKO against Ron Stallings. Wish him the best in Asia !</p><p> </p><p>

At Bellator 195, Pitbull Freire retained his title via a spectacular Peruvian Necktie submission over Pat Curran. In the co-main event, Phil Davis grinded an unanimous decision over Chael Sonnen.</p><p> </p><p>

At UFC221, Conor McGregor came out of his hiatus to take on Tony Ferguson. Conor did what he do best, and knocked out Tony in round 4. In the co-main, Robbie Lawler pulled the upset, and beat Georges St-Pierre via round 2 TKO. Gilbert Melendez beat Eddie Alvarez via TKO and Mark Hunt knocked out Andrei Arlovski</p>

<p><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>April 2018</strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

Not much happened this month for me. Victorine and Dominic have not been very talkative lately, as they focus on their approaching fights. For my part, I have not heard yet about a possible fight. I just train and be in good shape in case a call arrives.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Around the MMA world</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

The two major organizations held two cards each during the month of April. At Bellator 196, Michael Chandler defeated Ryan Couture by unanimous decision, while Tyrell Fortune defeated Philip de Fries by decision as well, to remain undefeated. At Bellator 197, Michael Timex MacDonald won the Bantamweight strap by tapping Darion Caldwell in the second round. Benson Henderson defeated Josh Thompson, Steven Siler defeated promising Aaron Pico and fellow Canadian Valerie Letourneau dominated Anastasia Yankova for a unanimous decision.</p><p> </p><p>

At UFC 222, Alexander Gustafsson managed to dislodge DC Daniel Cormier by knocking him out in the second round. Further down on the card, Frankie Edgar koed Ricardo Lamas, Rafael dos Anjos knocked out Demian Maia, Jimi Manuwa koed Glover Teixeira and kickboxing stud Gohkan Saki won his bout against OSP, Ovince St-Preux via TKO.</p><p> </p><p>

A week later, at UFC 223, another champion fell from his throne, when Brazilian Fabricio Werdum submitted Stipe Miocic. Jose Aldo found the way to victory with a TKO on Cub Swanson, Carlos Condit won his fight against Matt Brown by TKO, Jacare Souza submitted Luke Rockhold, and the Korean Zombie beat Jeremy Stephens by TKO. On the preliminary card, fellow Quebecer Jo Meunier won an unanimous decision against Shinsho Anzai.</p><p> </p><p>

Next month will be an important one for my two friends, as they'll make their pro debut !</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">May 2018</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Saturday May 6th</em></p><p><em>

Las Vegas Nevada</em></p><p>

</p><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

Prelims </span></p><p> </p><p>

"Lethal" Lindsay Garbatt (4-1) vs Victorine Duvernay (0-0)</p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><p><em>

TALES OF THE TAPE</em></p><p><em>

Garbatt-Duvernay</em></p><p><em>

5'3'' - 5'0''</em></p><p><em>

35 years old - 22 years old</em></p><p><em>

Kick Boxing - Jiu Jitsu</em></p><p><em>

Gibson MMA - No Team</em></p><p><em>

-360 - +280</em></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

<strong>Result</strong> : Lindsay Garbatt wins via Knockout (Kick) at 1:19 of the 1st round.</p><p>

Lindsay got caught early by a head kick that knocks her out. She was an underdog as Garbatt was the 1st ranked strawweight at LFA. She'll be out at least 5 months to recover.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Co-main Event</span></p><p>

"The Rampage" Claude Hartel (0-0) vs "Magic" Dominic Mosley (0-0)</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>TALES OF THE TAPE</em></p><p><em>

Hartel-Mosley</em></p><p><em>

6'4'' - 6'3''</em></p><p><em>

265 lbs - 251 lbs</em></p><p><em>

20 years old - 24 years old</em></p><p><em>

Kick Boxing - Kick Boxing</em></p><p><em>

No team - No team</em></p><p><em>

+600 - -760</em></p></div><p></p><p>

<strong>Result</strong> : Dominic Mosley wins via Unanimous Decision</p><p>

Mosley fought his fight, and despite not getting a finish, he still begins his career with a W. He'll be out about a month and a half.</p><p> </p><p>

For my part, the phone was silent again this month. I start to doubt if I will fight one day!</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Around the MMA World</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

The UFC had a busy month with four events. At UFC 224, Cris Cyborg retained by knocking out with a knee Germaine de Randamie. Jim Miller koed Evan Dunham, Khabib Nurmagomedov tapped Dustin Poirier, Clay Guida won a split decision over Charles Oliveira, Joe Soto submitted Frankie Saenz and on the prelims, John Lineker lost to Eddie Wineland. A week later, at UFC 225, the trilogy between Tyron Woodley and Stephen Thompson finished as T-Wood kept his belt with an unanimous decision. Nate Diaz made his comeback, beating BJ Penn via split decision. Neil Magny put out Jake Ellenberger, Tim Boestch tapped Yoel Romero, and Kelvin Gastelum won an unanimous decision versus David Branch. At UFC 226, Mighty Mouse cemented himself as one of the goat, defeating Joseph Benavidez via UD. Chris Weidman subbed Michael Bisping, Uriah Hall won by TKO over Johnny Hendricks, Rustam Khabilov edged Joe Lauzon via UD and Marcelo Golm won an unanimous decision of Dmitry Poberezktets. Finally, at UFC 227, Vitor Belfort knocked out cold Rashad Sugar Evans. Al Aquinta won a majority decision over Mike Chiese, former champ Carla Esparza beat Jessica Andrade by UD, Todd Duffee koed Yaozong Hu, and Molinda Fabian tkoed Jodie Esquibel. In the prelims, Quebecer Aiemann Zahabi won his fight against Albert Morales via TKO.</p><p>

At Bellator 198, Ryan Bader defended his Light-Heavyweight strap against King Mo Lawal via submission. In the co-main event, Josh Koscheck got a submission win against Paul Daley.</p>

June 2018

Not much happened this month again. I'm still training hard waiting for the call of one of the companies I'm employed. Speaking of training, Dominick found a new place to train, as he was able to find a place at Gibson MMA. His last win gave him enough money to find a real MMA gym to train. Fellow Montrealer Steve Bosse won yet another fight with One FC by submission, this time on the main card !

Around the MMA world

Bellator held two cards :

Bellator 199

Frank Mir submits Matt Mitrione for the HW belt

Francis Carmont knocks out Wanderlei Silva

Bellator 200

Julia Budd beat Gabrielle Holloway by Unanimous Decision for the Women's Featherweight Belt

UFC held three events :

UFC228

TJ Dillashaw beat Raphael Assuncao via UD to retain the BW Belt

Alistair Overeem beat Derrick Lewis via TKO

Jussier da Silva beat Henry Cejudo via TKO

Wilson Reis beat Sergio Pettis via Sub

Darren Elkins beat Yair Rodriguez via Technical Sub

UFC229

Max Holloway beat Brian Ortega via TKO to retain the FW Belt

Joanna Jedrzejczyk beat Tecia Torres via KO

Beneil Dariush beat Gray Maynard via TKO

Cody Garbrandt beat Brian Caraway via UD

Nik Lentz beat Michael Johnson via UD

UFC on FOX Borella vs Montano

Mora Borella beat Nicco Montano via SD to win the Women's Flyweight Belt

Robbie Lawler beat Thiago Alves via TKO

Dominik Cruz beat Iuri Alcantara via UD

Holly Holm beat Liz Carmouche via TKO

Jorge Masvidal beat Santiago Ponzinibbio via Sub

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">July 2018</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

It's been a quiet month for me again... Begining to get used to it ! Both HKFC and Titan FC scheduled cards for August, but i'm not on either one. I'm starting to think I didn't made the right choice moving to MMA...</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Around the MMA world</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Bellator 201</span></p><p>

Valerie Letourneau beat Ilima-Lei Macfarlane© via TKO to win the WFlyW Belt</p><p>

Ralek Gracie beat Phil Davis via Sub </p><p>

<em>*Really happy for Val Letourneau, as she becomes champion in Bellator ! It's a big day for women's MMA in Canada !*</em></p><p>

</p><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

Bellator 202</span></p><p>

Pitbull Freire© beat Daniel Straus via Sub to retain the Featherweight Belt</p><p>

Cheick Kongo beat Sergei Kharitonov via KO</p><p>

Lorenz Larkin beat Michael Venom Page via TKO</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">UFC230</span></p><p>

Conor McGregor © beat Gilbert Melendez via TKO to retain the LW belt</p><p>

Yoshiniro Akiyama beat CM Punk via Sub</p><p>

Cowboy Cerrone beat Tarec Saffiedine via TKO</p><p>

Patrick Cummins beat Corey Anderson via Split Decision</p><p>

Lyoto Machida beat Cezar Ferreira via KO</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">UFC231</span></p><p>

Fabricio Werdum © beat Mark Hunt via Sub to retain the HW belt</p><p>

Mauricio Shogun Rua beat Jimi Manuwa via KO</p><p>

Eryk Anders beat Gohkan Saki via Sub</p><p>

Derek Brunson beat Tim Boestch via TKO</p><p>

Hector Lombard beat Thiago Santos via TKO</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">UFC232</span></p><p>

Amanda Nunes © beat Julianna Pena via TKO to retain the WBW belt</p><p>

Cain Velasquez beat Francis Ngannou via Unanimous Decision</p><p>

Neil Magny beat Erick Silva via Unanimous Decision</p><p>

Thomas Almeida beat John Dodson via KO</p><p>

Jacare Souza beat Brad Tavares via Sub</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">August 2018</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

I've finally found myself a bit of action in August ! I've joined Zugec Ultimate Martial Arts ! ZUMA is based in British Columbia, about seven hours of plane ! But I think it's a good thing for my career ! Long-term members include UFC fighters Jonathan Meunier and Jason Saggo, as well as fighters Octavio Repogle (Regen, ROC), Royce Lecompte (Regen, KOTC), Severo Breau (Regen, ROC) and Sherbatov Yoni (Titan FC, form TUF cast).</p><p>

On the side of my friends from Montreal, Victorine was cut by LFA, after his severe defeat against Lindsay Garbatt at LFA 37. His boyfriend Dominick Mosley as he is seen to offer a fight for LFA 46. He will face Cesarino Massena (0-1), which has a background of Freestyle Wrestler. My new training partner Yoni Sherbatov as long as he lost his last fight to Titan FC 50 by submission, against Darren Uyenoyama.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Around the MMA world </span></strong></p><p>

Bellator MMA 203</p><p>

Michael MacDonald© beat Joe Warren via Split Decision to retain the Bantamweight Strap</p><p>

Chael Sonnen beat Liam McGreary via KO</p><p> </p><p>

UFC233</p><p>

Rose Namajunas© beat Karolina Kowalkiewicz via TKO to retain the Strawweight belt</p><p>

Edson Barboza beat Justin Gaethje via Unanimous Decision</p><p>

Luke Rockhold beat Kelvin Gastelum via Unanimous Decision</p><p>

Rani Yahya beat Jimmy Rivera via Unanimous Decision</p><p>

Tim Elliot beat Justin Scoggins via Submission</p><p> </p><p>

UFC234</p><p>

Georges St-Pierre beat Rafael Dos Anjos via Unanimous Decision</p><p>

Frankie Edgar beat Renan Barao via Unanimous Decision</p><p>

Jim Miller beat Ross Pearson via Split Decision</p><p>

Alex Caceres beat Clay Guida via TKO</p><p>

Marlon Moraes beat Cody Garbrandt via TKO</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">September 2018</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

My training partner Jonathan Meunier has been called by the UFC as a short notice replacement to fight Nathan Coy. Finally, Jo won his fight by unanimous decision. On the other hand, my good friend Dominick Mosley defeated Cessarino Massella with a violent first-round TKO. He then resigned with LFA. For my part, I continue to train hoping to make a fight soon!</p><p>

</p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

Around the MMA World</span></strong></p><p>

Bellator 204</p><p>

Rafael Carvalho© beat Brennan Ward via KO to retain the Middleweight belt</p><p>

Gegard Mousasi beat Alessio Sakara via TKO</p><p> </p><p>

Bellator 205</p><p>

Douglas Lima © beat Andrey Koreshkov via Submission to retain the Welterweight Belt</p><p>

Rampage Jackson beat Matt Mitrione via Unanimous Decision</p><p> </p><p>

UFC235</p><p>

Max Holloway© beat Jose Aldo via TKO to retain the Featerweight belt</p><p>

Anthony Pettis beat Nate Diaz via Unanimous Decision</p><p>

Colby Covington beat Carlos Condit via Unanimous Decision</p><p>

Chad Mendes beat Korean Zombie via KO</p><p>

Eddie Alvarez beat Beneil Dariush via TKO</p><p> </p><p>

UFC236</p><p>

Demetrious Johnson© beat Jussier da Silva via TKO to retain the Flyweight Belt</p><p>

Khabib Nurmagodev beat Rustam Khabilov via Unanimous Decision</p><p>

Valentina Shevchenko beat Raquel Pennington via KO</p><p>

Joe Duffy beat Diego Sanchez via KO</p><p>

Joe Soto beat Franciso Rivera via TKO</p><p> </p><p>

UFC237</p><p>

Livia Renato Souza beat Joanna Jedrzejczyk via Submission</p><p>

Stipe Miocic beat Todd Duffee via KO</p><p>

Eddie Wineland beat Pedro Munhoz via Unanimous Decision</p><p>

Matheus Nicolau beat Wilson Reis via Split Decision</p><p>

Elias Theodorou beat Yoel Romero via TKO</p><p> </p><p>

UFC238</p><p>

Robert Whittaker© beat Chris Weidman via TKO to remain the MW Belt</p><p>