Hype rework

The way hype works seems almost identical to WMMA3's "betting game" where you would get extra pop if you bet correctly. That's perfectly fine and I'm happy it's back and it's optional.

What I believe would be a better system is that you'd have slots based on your company size - for instance: GAMMA at HLN could have 2 HIGH slots, 3 MEDIUM and 5 LOW slots - and the fighters picked could randomly gain small amounts of pop as time passes by based on their marketability. I think this could simulate the way they are being promoted on the internet, just like UFC has their cover stories on their website, retweets certain fighters and just puts the spotlight on them so they can gain new fans.

The way it works now is that the video packages shown before UFC PPV's actually result in negative pop for the fighter involved if they lose and don't result in extra sales as the pop gain (if they win) takes place after the event. I find it hard to believe that those videos, where fighters actually are supposed to gain fans, would lose these fans instantly and lose their existing fans on top of it. It makes sense from a gameplay perspective but is not realistic imo. The exception to this is debuting fighters, where the initial perception depends a lot on the first fight, so in those cases the feature currently works well.

I was sad to read that another WMMA would be unlikely and I hope this could still end up making it into the game (despite it being an overhaul which is not always a good idea). I wonder how other players thing about this? Maybe I perceived it wrong. :p Anyhow it should be a realistic revamp as it doesn't need new graphics (you should just limit the amounts) and should be relatively simple to program compared to the general high complexity of the game. I would also opt for temporal locks on the slots so players can't just assign fighters at will to distribute the pop gain (but that will probably require a new graphic or might be harder to program).

Archived