Still Having PBP issues

Minnesota ball, Q2, 1-10-MINN30 (01:25) 10-7 Offense: Medium Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-SE-slants Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-pass-DZ QB Tony Newman releases the pass on a crossing route. Oh!...someone blew an assignment in the secondary. WR Micheal Wesley has the ball, and he's awfully lonely out there. Will he score? No, DT George Washington runs him down and punches the ball free - fumble! It's recovered by Matthew Bledsoe of Colorado. He returns it 0 yards. Minnesota ball, Q3, 1-10-MINN47 (13:14) 10-7 Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Strong, Play: ST-SE-corner-FL-out Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-pass-Man-B8 QB Tony Newman assesses his options. He sees that TE William Martin has beat his man and lofts a pass out to him. The ball is perfectly placed, and the TE makes the catch. It's a sprint to the endzone and ILB Matthew Bledsoe catches up and punches the ball out - fumble! It's recovered by George Washington of Colorado. He returns it 0 yards. This guy must be the best DT in the history of college football !!! I also am having blitzing CB's making the play on a completed pass to the other side. GRRRRRRR

Another great play by the Ironman Minnesota ball, Q4, 1-8-COL8 (12:15) 10-7 Offense: Short Pass, Set: I Form, Play: I-SE-curls Defense: Normal, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-norm-MZ QB Tony Newmanis looking for an open receiver and finds WR Micheal Wesley running a hook. The throw is a bit high but the SE comes down with it. DT George Washington brings him down on the spot.MINN: Gain of 4 on the play.

I can see that happening on the 4 yard play. But I've seen the deep pass involve a DT on the play myself. Just curious is this a superman you made with the player editor or just a normal DT with normal speed. (My guy was maxed out 99 on everything, because I could; that's why I ask)

No this was just a normal CPU created player. I highly doubt a DT would EVER make a play on a 4 yard hook either. It wasnt the TE or even the flanker who might be closer to the center. It was the SE who is furthest from the ball. Unless the guy made the CB miss the OLB miss and they were zone blitzing. Ok that might be the only way this works. I like to play the plays in my head as the PBP shows up on the screen. Crap like this just makes it all seem a little off kilter.

Archived