All Star Wrestling - 1985 Onwards

Week 1 October 1985

{The show begins, as it will most weeks, with Vince Miller and Max Beesley Snr at the announce area.}

Vince: "Well, here we are Max...English wrestling on Screensport and coming from Hanley."

Max: "No better place Vince, we've got this great set and the fans are ready for what's coming up."

Vince: "Fans at home will, of course, be eagerly awaiting that action and seeing just who is involved tonight."

Max: "We've got a..."

{A voice is heard from the side.}

Voice: "It doesn't matter."

{Vince picks up as Mark Rocco walks in to shot.}

Vince: "Well, Max, looks like we've found out one of the..."

Mark: "Found out...FOUND OUT? What do you mean found out, it's bloody obvious I'd be on. Who else would be on ahead of me?"

Max: "Well, errrr, well...Vince?"

Vince: "Oh, give me the tough job on the first..."

Mark: "SHUT UP! Tough job...what's so damned tough about saying nobody? Is that it, that over there...that cup. Is THAT IT for tonight?"

Max: "Now, Mark, come on. Let's look ahead to tonight shall we. You're here, you've got the microphone and there's the camera."

Mark: "I know what a camera is, I know what a...right, okay, look ahead. You know, the fans out there are in for a real treat tonight. Not because I'm facing The Amazing Kung Fu in the semi final and not because Cullen is taking on Barnes."

Vince: "Oh, three more names there folks!"

Mark: "Do not interrupt me again! Right, a real treat! Which, if you two will let me finish, I'm just about to tell everyone about. You're all going to see the REAL Mark Rocco, the maniac! I'm going full guns blazing from now on. No, you've been a silly boy Mark and no, we'll need to take you off TV for a few weeks. Oh and CERTAINLY NO, the big man doesn't like being outdone. Satellite Wrestling, Screensport...don't change the channel, because the maniac is..."

{The camera pans back slightly and The Amazing Kung Fu has walked in to the announce area.}

Kung Fu: "The maniac..."

{Rocco slaps the taste out of Kung Fu and walks off to the side.}

Max: "Okay, well, we'd better get to the ring with the exciting debut match for Satellite Wrestling." (D+)

Match #1

Robbie Brookside defeats John Kenny

[A young Brookside was too much for the more experienced Liverpool based Kenny, as he used his pace to take Kenny by surprise on more than one occasion.] (D)

{We go back to the announce area, with Vince Miller and he's flanked by Johnny Saint.}

Vince: "It would appear I've been left to it by Max, which is fair enough. I'm lucky enough to be joined by the World Lightweight Champion. Johnny, it's nice to have you here."

Johnny Saint: "It's good to be here Vince. I heard a few weeks ago that I'd be on tonight and I've been working that little harder since then."

Vince: "Strangely enough you're facing another Johnny and...well, here he is."

{Johnny English appears, he says nothing and just poses for the cameras and walks off again.}

Vince: "Not sure what we were to make of that!"

Johnny Saint: "He'll see later here tonight that this isn't a bodybuilding contest." (D+)

Match #2

Mal Sanders and Mike Jordan defeated Pat Barrett and Steve Prince

[Prince doesn't appear to have progressed much since his match against Dave Finlay. Barrett on the other hand did give the experienced opponents something to think about...just not enough.] (D)

Match #3 - KO Tournament

Chic Cullen defeats Bobby Barnes

[it was straight in to in this match as Chic Cullen showed why he is the British Heavy Middleweight Champion. Barnes may not be a Hells Angel any more, but he still has enough to cause trouble for any opponent. The crowd saw a fine back and forth encounter, some of them getting a bit too close at times, and the finish was a popular one with Cullen hiting a fine piledriver.] (D+)

{Back at the announce area...}

Vince: "What a fine start to tonights KO Tournament. Indeed, it's been a fine night overall."

Max: "It certainly has been and I believe we can go backstage to follow the...oh, wait..."

{We switch backstage, evidently expecting Rocco or Kung Fu and only find Steve Prince standing in a hallway in the arena. Prince sees the camera and turns away...we cut back to Vince and Max."}

Max: "Well, first week glitches folks. I suppose it all adds to the excitement in a way."

Vince: "Haha, certainly does Max. Well, it would appear both men are now in the ring ahead of our next match." (D)

Match #4 - KO Tournament

Mark Rocco defeats The Amazing Kung Fu

[unlike the last match, fans were clearing a path as the action in this one went right through the Hall. Both men gave their all and both men left a little bit out there. But, it was Mark Rocco who took the victory after a dropkick to the back of Kung Fu's head.] (C-)

{Post-match, we see The Amazing Kung Fu being led to the back with an ice pack on his neck. Rocco is sarcastically applauding him as he is led off. Rocco gives the crowd a few words of, let's say encouragement, and turns to see Johnny Saint. Johnny points to the back of his head and shakes it, we just hear "not on Mark, not on" as Johnny walks past and Mark pulls a face before walking to the back.} (C-)

World Lightweight Championship - contested over 5 four minute rounds, one fall the winner.

Johnny Saint defeats Johnny English

[English managed to get through three rounds relatively unscathed, with Saint getting more and more frustrated. Indeed, it was the constant posing from English that was to be his downfall as Saint locked in a full nelson then managed to roll through and get a pinfall victory by releasing the arms and locking the legs of English.] (C-)

{We go backstage to Jim Breaks.}

Jim: "You know, I've had a long career and a successful career here in the UK and in Europe. I've held numerous belts, you'll all have seen me on World of Sport and booed me in Halls across the land. So, I fear nothing and take things as they come. Tonight, I've been informed that I have a match for the vacant European Heavyweight Championship. I'm not worried, my opponent had better be worried and...what's more...he'd better be ready. Paris, Rome, Berlin, or wherever you are watching this footage...get ready!" (D)

European Heavyweight Championship

Jim Breaks defeats Steve Regal

[The young Regal and the hardened Breaks combined to give the fans in attendance some fine entertainment. A technical encounter, with Regal showing he was no slouch, ended when Breaks combined a lying single hammerlock with a knee pressed in to an already damaged shoulder for the submission victory.] (D-)

Match #7 - KO Final

Mark Rocco defeats Chic Cullen

[Neither competitor gave the other much here, with the action spilling on to the stage on numerous occasions. Rocco would live up to his promise when he threw Cullen in to the TV set. Cullen waved away any assistance, but the injury to his knee would eventually lead to a boston crab victory for Rocco.] (C-)

Overall: C-

TV Rating: 0.04

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">Week 2 October 1985</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="font-size:14px;">Satellite Wrestling</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/TsuMirren/media/ASWSatellite_zps2p7rn4cz.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u530/TsuMirren/ASWSatellite_zps2p7rn4cz.jpg</span></a></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>{The show begins, as it will most weeks, with Vince Miller and Max Beesley Snr at the announce area.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Max: "We're here in Carlisle for tonight's edition of Satellite Wrestling. A lot of action last week, we'll be hoping for more tonight."</p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Well, we could keep it in the ring a bit more I'd hope. I believe we'll be seeing Brian Maxine tonight."</p><p> </p><p> Max: "British Middleweight Champion of course, once wrestled a Tyrannosaurus live in front of 20,000. No, no, he of course didn't...he has though held that title for a very long time."</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{A familiar voice can be heard from off camera.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Voice: "Typical..."</p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Ah, Mark Rocco again everyone."</p><p> </p><p> Max: "What's typical Mark?"</p><p> </p><p> Mark: "Your lack of respect, that's what. You want to stand there and mock Brian Maxine, a fine Champion and someone who..."</p><p> </p><p> Max: "Mark, I'm just trying to lighten things up a little bit."</p><p> </p><p> Mark: "Light, LIGHT...listen, don't interrupt me again. You want light Max, do you? You want light, like a pantomime...oh, oh, he's behind you! Yeah, that'll fix it won't it. Light, don't make me laugh. British wrestling has gotten too light, the product that is. You know what, even in that light you still get respect."</p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Okay Mark, can we ask you why you're out here then?"</p><p> </p><p> Mark: "Well, you see, I know that the fans at ringside and at home are all expecting to see Mark Rocco in action. But sadly, that won't be happening tonight and I can only apologise. But, don't worry as I'll be perfectly fit for next week and..."</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Another voice is heard from off camera.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Voice: "Awwwwww, what's wrong Mark?"</p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Kung Fu...not sure I feel safe now."</p><p> </p><p> Mark: "It's fine Vince, I'm recovering from a serious injury here so everyone is safe enough. You hear that Kung Fu? I'm injured, you don't want to do anything silly. Think of the fans, the TV people and all the sponsors. You'll be back in Rhyl pal...hahaha...dreaming of somewhere as nice as Carlisle!"</p><p> </p><p> Kung Fu: "I'll take you on anywhere Mark, don't worry about that. I really can't believe you are injured though, the great Rollerball injured."</p><p> </p><p> Mark: "The only way to prove you wrong is to wrestle, but as I say I'm injured so you'll just need to wait to get your arse kicked again by me."</p><p> </p><p> Kung Fu: "Fine, we can wait until next week then."</p><p> </p><p> Mark: "Great, it's not for my world title though as you've not earned that...not by a long shot!"</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Mark and Kung Fu actually shake hands and Mark pats him on the chest.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Mark: "See, respect...I'll be ready next week, don't you worry!"</p><p> </p><p> Kung Fu: "Great."</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Kung Fu turns to leave and is attacked by Mark Rocco.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Mark: "You won't be though..."</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Rocco throws Kung Fu in to the set.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Mark:" ...you certainly won't be. Light, ha!"</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Mark walks off as Max helps Kung Fu.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Time for us to get to the ring then...he's mad, mad...are you okay?" <strong>(D)</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45128" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Match #1</strong></p><p> Sandy Scott defeats John Jenkins</p><p> [A fairly poor match in all honesty as the Scotsman defeats the Welshman.] <strong>(D-)</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>{We return to the announcers area, where Vince Miller has Wayne Bridges with him.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Now, some of our viewers may not be familiar with you Wayne. So, let's take a look at this quick video package."</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Footage is shown of Bridges in action against various competitors.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Vince: "So, first of all...you're the World Heavyweight Champion."</p><p> </p><p> Wayne: "That's right, I regained the title this year and will put it up at the end of this month."</p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Do you know your opponent?"</p><p> </p><p> Wayne: "Not just now, but I train the same way no matter whom it may be that I'll face."</p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Well, Wayne, good luck and hopefully we'll see you in action on Screensport in the future. Back to the ring now, with some gripping tag team action." <strong>(D)</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45128" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Match #2</strong></p><p> Count Bartelli & Len Ironside defeated Rocky Moran & Dave Taylor</p><p> [bartelli's experience definitely told here, with Ironside really only getting a few reactions from the Scottish fans in the venue as he made occasional quick tags in. Moran and Taylor did though do enough to show that they could be a formidable team in the future.] <strong>(C-)</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>{We go backstage to Brian Maxine, he has the British Middleweight Title belt sat on a table in front of him.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Brian: "1971 I won this, just think of all the things that have happened since then. War, natural disasters, technological advances and still I am the British Middleweight Champion. I've face just about everyone in my career, name after name..."</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Brian holds a stack of pictures to the camera and lets them drop one by one to show some of the biggest names of UK wrestling.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Brian: "...and they've all failed. I've been informed that i'll be facing a young lad tonight, from just over the border in Scotland. I hope you all enjoy the match, I'll certainly enjoy destroying the lad. Ha!" <strong>©</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45128" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>British Middleweight Championship</strong></p><p> Brian Maxine defeats Andy Blair</p><p> [Andy managed to get a bit of offence in and had an element of the crowd singing Flower of Scotland. Maxine took control of the match then, with Blair down, would pretend to play the bagpipes before stamping on the imaginary instrument. It wasn't quite destruction, but Maxine certainly gave Blair a bit of a lesson.] <strong>(D+)</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>{We return to Max and Vince, who this time are sat at their desk.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Max: "Now, if you watched last week you may recall that we saw Pat Barrett tag with Steve Prince and lose."</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{A few minutes are shown of last weeks match.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Vince: "We also saw a brief bit of footage where Steve Prince wasn't looking happy. It doesn't end there though, because we've been back through the footage and we missed this."</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Footage is shown of Pat Barrett looking less than pleased with Prince as he looks back at him whilst leaving the Hall.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Max: "It doesn't even end there, because the match makers for Satellite Wrestling tell us that Barrett indeed attacked Prince later on in the evening."</p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Which...finally, I hear you all say...brings us to this evenings main event. But, ha, first of all we need to get back to the ring for this evening's penultimate match." <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45128" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Match #4</strong></p><p> Jackie Robinson defeats Bobby Barnes 2 - 1, final fall by DQ.</p><p> [A fairly even contest had seen Jackie take the lead with a forward press pinfall then Barnes tie things up with a submission. Barnes slowly got frustrated as he looked for the winner, with a thumb to the eye of Robinson being enough to make the Referee call for the bell.] <strong>(C+)</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>{Mal Sanders is backstage with Pat Barrett.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Mal: "Foes one week, friends the next...who'd have thought it. I'm sure you're all watching, judging and no doubt shouting at the screen. But, what would you do if someone made you look stupid? What do you think you'd all do?"</p><p> </p><p> Pat: "I'll tell you what you'd all do, you'd get revenge."</p><p> </p><p> Mal: "Exactly, you'd all look for revenge. Well, luckily Pat here didn't need to wait long for that opportunity. Steve, you've not had much luck on television and tonight will be no different." <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>{We switch to Vince Miller, who is now at the set along with Johnny Saint and Steve Prince. Prince is looking a little bit sheepish.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Vince: "It's main event time and what a main event it is. We've just heard from Mal Sanders and Pat Barrett, time for these two here to have their say."</p><p> </p><p> Johnny: "Thank you Vince. I've got my World title here and it means a lot to me. But, another thing that means a lot to me is the future of our industry. Steve Prince might just be part of that future and we should all nurture that. Pat decided to just lash out. What's wrong with sitting down with someone, with discussing things?"</p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Now Steve, do you have anything to say?"</p><p> </p><p> Steve: "I, no, I...I'm just happy to be tagging with someone like Johnny Saint."</p><p> </p><p> Johnny Saint: "Only too happy Steve, now let's get down to the ring." <strong>(D)</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45128" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Match #5</strong></p><p> Johnny Saint & Steve Prince defeated Mal Sanders & Pat Barrett by count out</p><p> [This match started even before the bell rang as all four men tangled on the outside. Once inside and settled, it didn't take long for things to break down again and almost become a tornado tag match. Sanders & Barrett took full advantage, eventually leaving Prince worse for wear then walking off.] <strong>(D+)</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>{Post-match, Mal Sanders stops at the set.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Mal, you've..."</p><p> </p><p> Mal: "What? What...I've what? This isn't tiddlywinks Vince, you don't get revenge by putting someone off. Prince is laid out, JOB DONE!"</p><p> </p><p> Johnny Saint: "Hey, hey...Mal! Job done? You really think that's job done?"</p><p> </p><p> Mal: "Tell you what, you like sitting down and discussing things! How about you go sit down with the board and discuss facing me for your title."</p><p> </p><p> Johnny Saint: "Not needed, I'll discuss it now with you. Not a chance!"</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Johnny walks away from the set, Mal looks furious and follows him as Vince brings in Max.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Vince: "So, Max, what an evening of action."</p><p> </p><p> Max: "Is it safe to be here? I don't know how you do it! But yes, another great night of Satellite Wr...oooh..."</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Klondyke Kate makes an appearance.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Kate: "WOW, huh! A female british wrestler on television."</p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Well, Satellite Wrestling is all about..."</p><p> </p><p> Kate: "SHUT UP! Mitzi, we've got a match at the end of the month. How about a warm up, right here next week?"</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Kate growls to camera as the show ends.} (D)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Overall:</strong> D+</p><p> <strong>TV Rating:</strong> 0.04</p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">Week 3 October 1985</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">Satellite Wrestling</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/TsuMirren/media/ASWSatellite_zps2p7rn4cz.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u530/TsuMirren/ASWSatellite_zps2p7rn4cz.jpg</span></a></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>{The show begins and we have Mark Rocco standing by himself at the Satellite Wrestling set.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Mark: "You may all be wondering why it's me standing here and not Max or Vince. Well, as one of the three World champions around here I thought it was time for someone to stand up. Johnny and Wayne might not appreciate this, or even agree, but it's time that people started EARNING things around here. I've held this title for most of this decade, I brought it with me when I left that other place and to me that means I should have some control over who will face me for it. Know what, let's show some footage...play some footage!!!</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Footage is shown of Rocco taking on the likes of Mal Sanders, Brian Maxine and Johnny Saint.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Mark: "There, quality wrestling from a quality wrestler! There's no denying it and there's no denying that I...what do you want?"</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Vince Miller comes in to the picture.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Vince: "I want to run the show Mark, Satellite Wrestling. The show the fans have all tuned in to watch."</p><p> </p><p> Mark: "I know why they've tuned in Vince, I'm fully aware of that! Didn't you see my trying to make the show better?"</p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Do you not think that maybe you could maybe do your talking in the ring."</p><p> </p><p> Mark: "What's wrong Vince, jealous I can do your job better than anyone else?"</p><p> </p><p> Vince: "No, no, I...are you looking forward to watching tonight's battle royal?"</p><p> </p><p> Mark: "Shut up...give me that sheet! Aherm...next up folks, John Wilkie takes on Len Ironside."</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Mark throws the piece of paper away and gives an unhappy look to camera.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Mark: "I give up..." <strong>(D)</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45128" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Match #1</strong></p><p> Len Ironside defeats John Wilkie by DQ</p><p> [Wildman Wilkie was living up to his name and had the Scotsman Ironside reeling. Indeed, Ironside had slid to the outside only for Pat Barrett to appear and attack him to bring about the DQ.]<strong> (D+)</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>{Post-match, Barrett would continue the assault on Ironside with Wilkie joining in. Count Bartelli would appear to make the save and warn Wilkie and Barrett off. Barrett though would make his way to the Satellite Wrestling set.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Barrett: "Don't say a word, not a word! You know, I've wrestled at Madison Square Garden. Do you really feel I need help Steve Prince or even worry about what anyone thinks about what I did to him? Bartelli, I'll crush your neck!" <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45128" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Match #2</strong></p><p> Lee Bronson defeated Rocky Moran</p><p> [bronson and Moran served up a fine display of old school British wrestling. Satellite Wrestling seems to have kicked a few in to gear and Bronson certainly appears to have a bit of purpose behind him again.] <strong>(C-)</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>{Footage of Jim Breaks defeating Steve Regal is shown. We then go backstage to Jim Breaks.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Jim: "You all saw me defeat young Steve Regal for this European Heavyweight Championship. Well, I feel that it's only right that I defend this title belt in Europe and I can tell you that is exactly what will be happening."</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{We switch back to a shocked looking Vince Miller.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Wow! Well, that is huge news everyone. I, err, Max do we know if that's actually happening? Just waiting folks for a...what...it is? Well, it looks like our fans in Europe will be getting to experience some Satellite Wrestling action. Of course, it may not be on...are we showing it? We don't know! Well, hopefully we'll have the answer to that over the next week or two. Indeed, ha, it'll be nice to know where the match will take place. Okay, back to the action and we actually have the European Lightweight Champion up next in a non-title two out of three falls style match." <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45128" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Match #3</strong></p><p> Jon Cortez defeats Bobby Barnes 2 falls to 1, 2nd fall was by DQ</p><p> [European Lightweight Champion Cortez was making his first appearance on Satellite Wresling and had indeed faced Barnes in a no contest finish during the week. It was therefore no surprise to see that bad blood spill over in this televised bout.] <strong>(C-)</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>{Post-match, Vince Miller would call Jon Cortez across.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Jon, it's good to see...now Bobby, just you get through the back and don't mind what's going on here. You've done enough damage as it is."</p><p> </p><p> Bobby: "I'll do some damage to you with that microphone if..."</p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Bobby Barnes being led away there folks...sorry about that Jon."</p><p> </p><p> Jon: "It's okay Vince. It's good to meet you, I think this is the first time we've met."</p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Thank you Jon. Now, you're the European Lightweight Champion."</p><p> </p><p> Jon: "I am, I actually won the title from Jim Breaks."</p><p> </p><p> Vince: "You'll have heard Jim's interview earlier, he's looking to defend his title in Europe."</p><p> </p><p> Jon: "I was actually preparing for my match, so I missed that. But, it's interesting and I would be happy to do the same." <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Mark Rocco and Klondyke Kate walk out to the set.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Mark, I'm..."</p><p> </p><p> Mark: "Calm down Vince, actually away and sit with Max as we've got this. Sit there for the rest of the show! Right, this woman to my right came out here and made a challenge last week. That challenge hasn't been answered and it's not good enough. Someone is being protected here and...don't make wind it up gestures at me!"</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{The camera follows Mark as he grabs a member of the production staff and whispers in his ear.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Mark: "That's okay though...she'll get her chance and I'll be right there to support her."</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Mark shakes Kate's hand and she growls at the camera before leaving.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Mark: "So, on to tonight. I've found myself a partner, so if anyone wants to prove themselves they can come down to the ring right now!" <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45128" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Match #4</strong></p><p> Mark Rocco & Anaconda defeated Robbie Brookside & Steve Prince</p><p> [A very one sided match with the large Anaconda dominating proceedings for most of the match. Brookside would get in some offence, but it wouldn't last long and Rocco would tag in briefly to inflict even more pain upon the two rookies.] <strong>(C-)</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45128" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Match #5</strong></p><p> 10 man battle royal</p><p> [The battle royal was won by Johnny Saint. Noteable eliminations included Johnny England being eliminated whilst posing and Mike Jordan tipping Jackie Robinson over and out. Kung Fu and Chic Cullen would eliminate themselves to come over to the set...] <strong>©</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>Overall:</strong> C-</p><p> <strong>TV Rating:</strong> 0.05</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/TsuMirren/media/ASW_zps5pxhv3bo.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u530/TsuMirren/ASW_zps5pxhv3bo.jpg</span></a><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>Week 4 October 1985</strong></span></p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/TsuMirren/media/BTW_zps63cvycqh.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u530/TsuMirren/BTW_zps63cvycqh.jpg</span></a></p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>October 1985</strong></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>{This non-televised Friday night show began with Vince Miller addressing the audience.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Good evening everyone, I'm just here to present the upcoming action to you and then I'll leave the talented workers you're about to see to entertain you. But first, let us not forget that this is a very special evening indeed. For, it is the dawning or new era here at the Royal Albert Hall that will see All Star Wrestling take over the contract for the venue and present monthly wrestling. </p><p> </p><p> Tonight, you will see some fantastic bouts in this ring. Brian Maxine will defend his British Middleweight Championship versus a surprise opponent...I've been told it's someone you'll all recognise. The ban is still in place on women's wrestling in London, so unfortunately we won't be seeing Klondyke Kate versus Mitzi Mueller this evening. We will, though, see Wayne Bridges, Johnny Saint and Mark Rocco defend their titles. We'll also see our two European Champions involved in tag team action. Now, unfortunately, we won't see Tony St. Clair in ac...oh no..."</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Fans at ringside could see something, or someone catch the corner of Vince's eye. Mark Rocco would soon make an appearance in the ring.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Mark: "Why wo...HOLD UP THE MIC! Why won't we be seeing Tony St. Clair? No need to answer, we all know why...he's too important for us isn't he."</p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Mark, come on, you've had hectic schedules in the past."</p><p> </p><p> Mark: "Yes I have, in the States or in Japan. I've toured the world Vince, but these people have always seen the best Mark Rocco and I've always made sure I was here. Tony's wrestling in a tent somewhere. You know what, I believe we're going over to Europe soon so maybe I'll see him there!"</p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Okay, well we've got you here now Mark. So, what's in store for everyone tonight."</p><p> </p><p> Mark: "A cage match, blood, guts...no, no I'm joking! I'm going to tag with Mal Sanders versus Chic Cullen and The Amazing...is he?...Kung Fu! I'll see you later Vince, you're doing a fine job!" <strong>(D)</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45128" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Match #1</strong></p><p> Chris Bowles defeats Gary Young by two falls to one, the second fall being by DQ</p><p> [bowles is a very accomplished Judo based worker, one of the better ones on the UK scene, and made his All Start debut here against Gary Young is just off the back of a spell in Texas and looking to make his name across the pond. He has the look, but in this instance he's well short of knowing the rules in the UK.] <strong>(D-)</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45128" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Match #2</strong></p><p> Jim Breaks & Bobby Barnes defeated Jon Cortez and Count Bartelli</p><p> [both European title holders set about looking to impress each other during this bout. Bartelli and Barnes were almost a side show, only getting tagged in briefly here and there. That changed towards the end though, with Breaks taking out the knee of Cortez and stepping up to Bartelli in the corner. Bartelli would come in to the ring, Breaks backing off and tagging in Barnes. Having ordered Bartelli out, the Referee would turn and see Barnes with Cortez in a boston crab. Cortez tapped as Breaks attacked Bartelli.] <strong>(C-)</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>{Post-match, Breaks slid back in to the ring and stood over Cortez. Barnes went to stomp Cortez, but Breaks stopped him and assured him everything was okay. Cortez would get to his feet, Breaks would shake his hand and then whip him chest first in to the corner before leaving with Barnes.} (C-)</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Brian Maxine makes his way past the leaving Barnes & Breaks, then gets in the ring.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Brian: "Stop your crying Cortez and get out the ring, show me some respect. Oh, boo me all you like...you've all got my albums, you know nothing bothers me tonight! Though, that's not exactly true tonight. Who is this secret opponent and why does Vince Miller get little hints on who it is?"</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Keith Haward makes his way down to the ring as the crowd erupt and Maxine backs off, Haward walking him to the corner.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Brian: "Non-Title...this is non-title!"</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Roger Brown, Referee for the bout, has made his way down by now and checks with Haward. Haward nods and walks backwards to his corner.} ©</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45128" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Match #3</strong></p><p> Keith Haward defeats Brian Maxine by count out</p><p> [With the match having been made non-title, Haward went straight after Maxine and gave him nothing early on. A piece of blatant cheating saw Maxine warned, which was followed by constant foul play and the bout never really got going again. Brown would give Maxine a real tongue lashing at one point, leading to Maxine just leaving the ring and walking straight to the back.] <strong>(D+)</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45128" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>World Lightweight Championship</strong></p><p> Johnny Saint defeats Mike Jordan</p><p> [A re-match of their April title bout, Jordan again showing some fine wrestling skills though not enough to take the title away from Saint. Jordan will be hoping for another shot at the belt, though knowing the depth of talent also vying for top spot.] <strong>©</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>{Saint and Jordan were about to shake hands when they noticed the audience turning to look to the far left. Noticing the action going on, they both just nodded at each other and left the ring. Meanwhile, to the far side, a brawl had broken out between Rocco/Sanders and Cullen/Kung Fu! That brawl would eventually come to ringside, with Sanders taking a handbag to the side of the head. Rocco noticed this and made for the ring, backing off and backing off until he was on his knee in the top right corner of the ring. All Star officials had made their way to the ring, with Brian Dixon out and talking to Rocco after persuading Cullen and Kung Fu to back off. Sanders was, by now, being led to the back with a towel over his head.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Only a few at ringside could what was going on, though everyone could see Rocco point across the ring as his face got redder by the second. Eventually, Vince Miller's voice was heard over the PA system.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Ladies and gentlemen, can we first of all please ask each of you to not get involved in the action."</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Mark Rocco is applauding at this point.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Vince: "Secondly, Brian Dixon has assured me that there will be a tag team match and that Bobby Barnes will be the partner for..."</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Rocco comes across and kicks down towards Vince, before grabbing a microphone.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Mark: "I've just gone through the trauma of seeing a good friend attacked. Not to mention the fear and worry of being outnumbered by the two entitled bastards over there! Barnes has already wrestled tonight and is in no shape to team with me. Hell, I'm in no shape to..."</p><p> </p><p> <strong>{Kung Fu comes across and pushes Rocco in to the corner. Cullen picks up the microphone.}</strong></p><p> </p><p> Chic: "Okay, you coward! I'll face Bobby Barnes, I'll even put my British Heavy Middleweight title on the line. Kung Fu here can keep an eye on you on the outside." <strong>©</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45128" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>British Heavy Middleweight Championship</strong></p><p> Bobby Barnes defeats Chic Cullen</p><p> [barnes and Cullen started off going back and forward, Barnes clearly trying to school the youngster a little with Cullen mocking Barnes in return. On the outside, Kung Fu was basically shuttling side to side with his back to the ring as Rocco gestured and shouted his way round the outside. Barnes would take the advantage, but too his eye off Cullen as he gave Rocco a thumbs up. From here, Cullen would dominate until Rocco finally get to the ropes and start trying to get in. Cullen would kick out, with the Referee moving across...this allowed Barnes to take out Cullen's injured knee and stomp away unseen by the Referee. A submission was applied and, with Cullen tapping, the returning Referee had no option that to call for the bell.] <strong>©</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45128" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>World Heavyweight Championship</strong></p><p> Wayne Bridges defeats Anaconda</p><p> [A very decent bout between two big men. Bridges took the initial advantage and had Anaconda grounded for a fair spell. Anaconda would get back in to things with some brutal work in the corner. After a spell of both men taking turns to use their fist, frowned upon here of course, Bridges would take over and then eventually win via a flying headbutt after coming off the ropes.] <strong>(C-)</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>Overall:</strong> C-</p>

Archived