Gedo's WWE

Gedo's WWE

gRAOHrY.jpg

Yo. I haven't actually watched much WWE over the past couple of years and this definitely isn't a super serious thread where Vince hires Gedo to make WWE better or anything like that or where I try to shape WWE in some way or fashion. I won't be continuing any storylines (but I'll definitely keep in mind pre-2018 WWE history). I'm using Fleisch's mod from January 2018 and haven't made any changes to the mod besides the WWE product which is now NJPW's product (with the addition that there is a Women's division set to active, matches aren't auto-scripted, and spinal moves are allowed).

The idea behind this thread is pretty simple and you'll probably know whether you're interested or not from the get go. I'll be booking WWE using the NJPW schedule (more or less). Championships will be altered or changed and there will be a gradual increasing use of stables. As it is, the plan for this thread is to go from Wrestlemania 34 (the start of this diary) to Wrestlemania 35. I'm not sure how many signings I'll end up making or how drastically I'll change the roster even. The point is to utilize WWE under this structure so it definitely won't be over the top. Vince is still the owner and Gedo is only the booker so there will probably be owner goals to aim for. I also play with all the rules on which will probably be disastrous but it's how I prefer handling the game.

The thread will mainly be from the perspective of Gedo's assistant as he conveys the idea behind changes or booking decisions and what not.

Again, not really a serious thread. Just something I'm doing on the side for fun and definitely don't expect lengthy shows. I'll be taking inspiration from the many great puro dynasties in the section in the way this thread is done.

Index.

<p><em>Post-Wrestlemania 34 shows will have more details to convey necessary information but the pre-Wrestlemania shows were really just to get a feel for where everyone stands on the roster. I've never played with this mod or with WWE before so I'm getting my feet wet. TVerse thread is still my main thread so shows will come when they come. I know Wrestlemania looks huge. The roster has nearly 100 wrestlers. And with rules on, it's only a matter of time before I get those glorious morale penalties. </em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> Sidenote: I'm using a lot of puro threads as models for the format so shoutout to joemurphy, dean, Body By THawk specifically and pretty much anyone else running that sort of thread since I probably read yours as well.</em></p><p><em> Body By THawk's is notably good for good stories w/ minimal writing. </em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Wrestlemania 34 Card</strong></p><p> WWE Championship - AJ Styles © vs. Shinsuke Nakamura</p><p> WWE Universal Championship - Brock Lesnar © vs. Kevin Owens</p><p> WWE Intercontinental Championship - John Cena vs. Roman Reigns ©</p><p> WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Gran Metalik vs. Sami Zayn*</p><p> WWE Raw Tag Team Championship - The Bar (Cesaro & Sheamus) vs. The Usos (Jey & Jimmy Uso) vs. The Shield (Jason Jordan & Seth Rollins) ©</p><p> WWE Raw Women's Championship - Alexa Bliss © vs. Asuka vs. Paige vs. Ruby Riott</p><p> WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship - The Colons (Epico & Primo Colon) vs. Lucha Dragons (Kalisto & Sin Cara)**</p><p> WWE Smackdown Women's Tag Team Championship - Charlotte Flair & Natalya © vs. Bayley & Sasha Banks***</p><p> WWE United-States Six-Man Tag Team Championship - Balor Club (Finn Balor, Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows) vs. The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods)****</p><p> WWE United-Kingdom Championship - Pete Dunne © vs. Andrade Almas</p><p> Johnny Gargano vs. Randy Orton</p><p> Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal</p><p> Mae Young Memorial Battle Royal</p><p> </p><p> * Enzo Amore was released from the roster and the title was vacated.</p><p> ** The Usos have been stripped of the WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championships and it has been converted into a cruiserweight only title. </p><p> *** WWE Smackdown Women's Championship has been turned into a women's exclusive tag team title. Charlotte Flair chose Natalya as her partner to defend the title.</p><p> **** The vacant United-States Championship has been turned into a Six-Man title. </p><p> </p><p> Other News:</p><p> - Enzo Amore & Rich Swann were fired</p><p> - Cathy Kelley & Jeet Rama were let go. They wanted to move up to the main roster but the sentiment is that they weren't ready so as to let them fulfill their dreams elsewhere, they've been relieved of their duties.</p><p> - Drake Wuertz & Johnny Gargano have been called up. They requested the call up and management felt they've shown enough to demonstrate they deserve it.</p><p> - Smackdown has been moved to Wednesday nights. Main Event has been moved to Friday nights. Deals are in place to move the shows on a per week basis for the sake of PPVs and Network Specials. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45150" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> WWE <strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Raw</span></strong> - Road to Wrestlemania Day 1</p><p> Monday, Week 1, January 2018</p><p> Crisler Center</p><p> Show Rating - <span style="color:#006400;">B</span></p><p> Attendance: 12314</p><p> TV: 19.85</p><p> </p><p> Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn def. AJ Styles & Shinsuke Nakamura <span style="color:#00FF00;">(B+ Rating)</span></p><p> </p><p> Braun Strowman, John Cena & Randy Orton def. Jason Jordan, Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins <span style="color:#006400;">(B Rating)</span></p><p> </p><p> Bobby Roode, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel & Mike Kanellis def. Chad Gable, Dash Wilder, Scott Dawson & Shelton Benjamin <span style="color:#FFFF00;">(C+ Rating)</span></p><p> </p><p> Liv Morgan, Ruby Riott & Sarah Logan def. Mandy Rose, Paige & Sonya Deville and Alexa Bliss, Mickie James & Nia Jax <span style="color:#A0522D;">(D+ Rating)</span></p><p> </p><p> Fandango, Kalisto, Sin Cara, Tye Dillinger & Tyler Breeze def. Ariya Daivari, Drew Gulak, Jinder Mahal, Samir Singh & Sunil Singh <span style="color:#FFFF00;">(C Rating)</span></p><p> </p><p> Asuka, Charlotte Flair & Natalya def. Bayley, Becky Lynch & Sasha Banks <span style="color:#006400;">(B- Rating)</span></p><p> </p><p> Baron Corbin, Big E, Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods def. Bray Wyatt, Harper, Matt Hardy & Rowan <span style="color:#FFFF00;">(C+ Rating)</span></p><p> </p><p> Finn Balor, Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows def. Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso & Samoa Joe <span style="color:#006400;">(B- Rating)</span></p><p> </p><p> Cesaro & Sheamus def. Aiden English & Rusev <span style="color:#006400;">(B Rating)</span> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45150" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> WWE <strong><span style="color:#000080;">Smackdown Live</span></strong> - Road to Wrestlemania Day 2</p><p> Wednesday, Week 1, January 2018</p><p> Stan Sheriff Center</p><p> Show Rating - <span style="color:#006400;">B</span></p><p> Attendance: 10300</p><p> TV: 23.81</p><p> </p><p> John Cena & Randy Orton def. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn <span style="color:#006400;">(B+ Rating)</span></p><p> </p><p> Jason Jordan, Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins def. AJ Styles, Cesaro & Sheamus <span style="color:#006400;">(B Rating)</span></p><p> </p><p> Alexa Bliss & Asuka def. Paige & Ruby Riott<span style="color:#FFFF00;"> (C+ Rating)</span></p><p> </p><p> Big E, Kalisto, Kofi Kingston, Sin Cara & Xavier Woods def. Epico Colon, Finn Balor, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows & Primo Colon <span style="color:#006400;">(B- Rating)</span></p><p> </p><p> Bayley, Becky Lynch, Mandy Rose, Sasha Banks & Sonya Deville def. Charlotte Flair, Liv Morgan, Natalya, Nia Jax & Sarah Logan <span style="color:#FFFF00;">(C Rating)</span></p><p> </p><p> Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Rusev & Shinsuke Nakamura def. Baron Corbin, Braun Strowman, Elias & Samoa Joe <span style="color:#006400;">(B- Rating)</span></p><p> </p><p> Akira Tozawa, Chad Gable, Gran Metalik & Hideo Itami def. Ariya Daivari, Dash Wilder, Drew Gulak & Scott Dawson <span style="color:#FFFF00;">(C- Rating) </span> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45150" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> WWE <strong><span style="color:#4B0082;">Main Event</span></strong> - End of the Line</p><p> Friday, Week 1, January 2018</p><p> Burr Gymnasium</p><p> Show Rating - <span style="color:#FFFF00;">C-</span></p><p> Attendance: 2106</p><p> TV: 1.43</p><p> </p><p> Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin def. Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly<span style="color:#FFFF00;"> (C Rating)</span></p><p> </p><p> Drew McIntyre def. Goldust <span style="color:#FFFF00;">(C Rating)</span></p><p> </p><p> Natalya def. Kairi Sane <span style="color:#FFFF00;">(C Rating)</span></p><p> </p><p> Kane def. Chris Dijak <span style="color:#A0522D;">(D+ Rating) </span> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>Footnotes:</strong></p><p> </p><p> - Raw & Smackdown Live took place of the IRL Road to Tokyo Dome shows here. Next year's will have a more sophisticated string of matches with fully realized factions. This was a lot more tossing guys together that made decent sense but there's also a lot of indication towards what future stables will look like.</p><p> </p><p> - Main Event: End of the Line took place of the Big Pro Wrestling Festival here. We got to see some of the WWE veterans (Kane/Natalya/Shelton/Goldust) go up against some of the brighter NXT talents. Sane and Drew particularly impressed. I'd love to use NXT guys way more in these sort of things but the roster is way too big as it is. </p><p> </p><p> - Raw/Smackdown/Main Event take the place of WWE's touring shows with a subtitle to indicate what sort of show it'll be. There will be plenty of Network Specials (mostly for wrestler anniversary shows and NXT specials but also near the end of the year for the shows I didn't have time with the regular schedule to get to). There are 17 PPVs. In total there are 176 events compared to (according to Cagematch) NJPW's 225 but we dismissed all the World Pro Wrestling shows and New Japan Road shows that cagematch accounts for. So it's about the same. </p><p> </p><p> - Dolph Ziggler is pretty much bound to leave because of his starting situation in the mod. As for Daniel Bryan, we'll see B)</p>

Archived