New to game some questions

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Isais1" data-cite="Isais1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45435" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ok So it's nothing that I did myself I'm just gonna restart with another company maybe a smaller one to get a feel for things 1st</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well I can't say you didn't do anything at all to make it worse. But its pretty bad regardless and when the backstage is bad, its easy for things to make it worse. If you were doing things to make it worse, the game tends to tell you. Like if you decided to job Hogan to Rey Mysterio clean, Hogan is gonna be angry... but the game tells you that quite clearly. And Hogan actually has creative control to block it but you get the idea. </p><p> </p><p> WCW in 1997 basically presents every challenge a big company can. A huge roster that is a challenge to deal with just based on sheer numbers. A rather old main event scene. A toxic backstage. Top talent who are not only old but also toxic with creative control. Its not the easiest learning ground.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45435" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well I can't say you didn't do anything at all to make it worse. But its pretty bad regardless and when the backstage is bad, its easy for things to make it worse. If you were doing things to make it worse, the game tends to tell you. Like if you decided to job Hogan to Rey Mysterio clean, Hogan is gonna be angry... but the game tells you that quite clearly. And Hogan actually has creative control to block it but you get the idea. <p> </p><p> WCW in 1997 basically presents every challenge a big company can. A huge roster that is a challenge to deal with just based on sheer numbers. A rather old main event scene. A toxic backstage. Top talent who are not only old but also toxic with creative control. Its not the easiest learning ground.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah im realizing not the company to start with as a new player</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Isais1" data-cite="Isais1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45435" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hey question guys, if i wanted to default games.companies and titles to to but to be in 1997 but with real world workers from that era how would i go about it?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't understand the question...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45435" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't understand the question...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So basically the default game has companies like TWC ect and it starts in 2016 and has its own belts ect. So basically I wanna turn that default game to start in 1997 rather than in.2016. And i want the real work wokers to be in that game instead of the fictional characters in the defualt game. Or at the very least have the default game with a 1997 start date</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Isais1" data-cite="Isais1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45435" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So basically the default game has companies like TWC ect and it starts in 2016 and has its own belts ect. So basically I wanna turn that default game to start in 1997 rather than in.2016. And i want the real work wokers to be in that game instead of the fictional characters in the defualt game. Or at the very least have the default game with a 1997 start date</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There is a 1997 version of the Cverse (the default data). </p><p> </p><p> Changing the start date impacts a lot of things. The more you move it back, the more things that are impacted and need to be corrected. So no, its not simple at all.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45435" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There is a 1997 version of the Cverse (the default data). <p> </p><p> Changing the start date impacts a lot of things. The more you move it back, the more things that are impacted and need to be corrected. So no, its not simple at all.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh ok does the 1997 versiion still have all the same comaonies and stuff? Is there a link?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Isais1" data-cite="Isais1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45435" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Oh ok does the 1997 versiion still have all the same comaonies and stuff? Is there a link?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533579" rel="external nofollow">Link</a></p><p> </p><p> Some of the same companies. USPW doesn't exist yet, SWF is still the #1 company, TCW is still Hollyweird Grappling Company. Danger and Violence Extreme is still around. Its considered canon, for what its worth.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hashasheen" data-cite="Hashasheen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45435" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>OP, do you want a database that is IRL 1997 or is C-verse 1997? Because we have both around the forums.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes i have the 1997 real world mod But I was wondering if combining cverse Company, logos, belts With real world workers from 1997. Like the nWo in TWC ect Ric Flair ect</p>

<p>Ì</p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45435" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533579" rel="external nofollow">Link</a><p> </p><p> Some of the same companies. USPW doesn't exist yet, SWF is still the #1 company, TCW is still Hollyweird Grappling Company. Danger and Violence Extreme is still around. Its considered canon, for what its worth.</p></div></blockquote><p> Thanks for the link. I guess what I can do is imports the real world workers into this</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Isais1" data-cite="Isais1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45435" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes i have the 1997 real world mod But I was wondering if combining cverse Company, logos, belts With real world workers from 1997. Like the nWo in TWC ect Ric Flair ect</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Well you can import stuff from one database to another very easily, including wrestlers, logos, etc... If you could specify a bit more what you want, I can give you step by step instructions.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hashasheen" data-cite="Hashasheen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45435" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well you can import stuff from one database to another very easily, including wrestlers, logos, etc... If you could specify a bit more what you want, I can give you step by step instructions.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is basically that I wanna have the real world workers stables tag teams etc. Into the cverse, However I don't want to mass Delete every character in the 1997 cverse mod. So with 97 cverse mod It will have extra workers they have been brought over from the real world mod. I will create a couple of new companies And I'm hoping that those new companies will start hiring these real world guys</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Isais1" data-cite="Isais1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45435" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is basically that I wanna have the real world workers stables tag teams etc. Into the cverse, However I don't want to mass Delete every character in the 1997 cverse mod. So with 97 cverse mod It will have extra workers they have been brought over from the real world mod. I will create a couple of new companies And I'm hoping that those new companies will start hiring these real world guys</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Okay so, you have to have a real world database set up before anything else. To do this, you download a database of your choice. In the game, you go to the hammer icon, then click create database and add a title for the database. It'll generate a database that you'll fill in with the downloaded data files. You don't need to create a picture folder. </p><p> </p><p> Import Workers - You go to the hammer icon, then go to edit database. In the bottom right there is a worker icon. Click it and you'll find an icon in the middle left called import workers. You open it, and you'll see a list of wrestlers with tick marks. If you have another database installed, you can change to that one at the top, click the names you want and import them over. They'll come over without pictures though.</p><p> </p><p> Import Pictures - Just drop them into the CV1997 picture folder from the real world picture folder. Open up the workers icon, go to the people you added and check their picture is correct. Click on the picture icon if it's not, and type through to the person's name. </p><p> </p><p> Add Companies - Click on the company icon after clicking edit database. You can import companies from real world, or create all-new ones.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hashasheen" data-cite="Hashasheen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45435" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Okay so, you have to have a real world database set up before anything else. To do this, you download a database of your choice. In the game, you go to the hammer icon, then click create database and add a title for the database. It'll generate a database that you'll fill in with the downloaded data files. You don't need to create a picture folder. <p> </p><p> Import Workers - You go to the hammer icon, then go to edit database. In the bottom right there is a worker icon. Click it and you'll find an icon in the middle left called import workers. You open it, and you'll see a list of wrestlers with tick marks. If you have another database installed, you can change to that one at the top, click the names you want and import them over. They'll come over without pictures though.</p><p> </p><p> Import Pictures - Just drop them into the CV1997 picture folder from the real world picture folder. Open up the workers icon, go to the people you added and check their picture is correct. Click on the picture icon if it's not, and type through to the person's name. </p><p> </p><p> Add Companies - Click on the company icon after clicking edit database. You can import companies from real world, or create all-new ones.</p></div></blockquote> awesome i already have the mod installed so makes it easier. So that i dont change the original 97 resl world and cverses mods completly. Once i import all can i save that as a new mod and still have the original as is?

• 2 weeks later...

Il ask here since mod section i got no answer

when you add a new title into the game how do you manually assigned a champion to it from the database? And maybe a few before the current one for history?

In the title editor there's a button at the side to assign champions.

You add previous champions via the Lineage button on the same screen, or via the Title Lineage part of the editor.

If you're talking about a save game, you assign champions via the Belts section of the office. You can't add directly to the title lineage if the game is already active, it will be filled in as the champions change.

Archived