What would be a very unusual product for the Japanese market?

Hi!

I know there was a thread about asking for product suggestions but I couldn't find it.

So, I would love if you guys could suggest me a product for a new Japanese company. But something very unusual / weird for the Japanese market. Something they haven't seen yet. What would it be?

Thanks 😉

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hashasheen" data-cite="Hashasheen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45489" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A USPW style product with over the top patriotism and cartoonish characters would be the most antithetical to the Japanese sensibility, I think.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pretty much this, an 80s WWF style would be very unusual for Japan.</p>

<p>I could be a jerk and just say "Why don't you try watching Japanese wrestling, then?", but I'll actually share some ideas.</p><p> </p><p>

I think a lot of 'unusual' Japanese products would involve women. Given that men's and women's wrestling is mostly segregated to be begin with, a major company having a women's division like WWE (instead of a sister fed like DDT and TJP) would definitely stand out. A BSC-like product where the focus is on gimmicks and sex appeal would be very unusual in Japan, but not really out-of-place if people could see it like HUSTLE but every wrestler is a hot babe.</p><p>

Women's hardcore wrestling has been done in FMW, but never in its own company. Neither has women's shoot-style.</p>

Archived