Booking a Show like PrimeTime or TNT, etc.

Using a historical mod as WWF, has anyone ever booked a show like Primetime or TNT? I was thinking about running long freestyle angle segment anchored by Gorilla and Heenan/Vince and Hayes with matches in-between...but I wasn't sure how it would score on TEW's system. I guess Gorilla and Heenan would be over/entertaining enough that they wouldn't be over-exposed?

Also, I guess it would have to be a "B" show...

I worry that the angle where the hosts discuss the hottest storylines/ME talent might sink storyline heat...Is this a real fear? Does rating it an angle as "minor" help?

Just thinking aloud here of something I might try...but was wondering if anyone had any luck with it first.

<p>The problem is that TEW is a booking simulator, not a TV-show simulator. TEW is built around house shows being b-shows where nothing of interest happens, while your A TV show draws big crowds. Until Raw, this was the opposite of how WWF worked. You're better off booking one or two weekly shows to simulate WWF's "A" house shows and putting them on a smaller TV network, then having a syndicated B-show.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

As an example, here's an "A" house show from July 1988:</p><p>

Houston, Texas, The Summit:</p><p> </p><p>

Jos LeDuc defeats Sam Houston</p><p>

Dino Bravo defeats Bret Hart</p><p>

The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith & The Dynamite Kid) defeat The Bolsheviks (Boris Zhukov & Nikolai Volkoff) by Count Out</p><p>

Greg Valentine defeats Don Muraco</p><p>

WWF Tag Team Title Match</p><p>

The Powers Of Pain (The Barbarian & The Warlord) defeat Demolition (Ax & Smash) © by Count Out</p><p>

WWF Intercontinental Title Match</p><p>

The Honky Tonk Man © defeats Brutus Beefcake</p><p>

WWF World Heavyweight Title Match</p><p>

Randy Savage © defeats Ted DiBiase</p><p> </p><p>

The next week, the same group was in Miami:</p><p> </p><p>

Iron Mike Sharpe defeats Lanny Poffo</p><p>

The Rockers (Marty Jannetty & Shawn Michaels) defeat Los Conquistadores (Conquistador Dos & Conquistador Uno)</p><p>

The Ultimate Warrior defeats Hercules</p><p>

The Junkyard Dog defeats The One Man Gang</p><p>

WWF World Heavyweight Title Match</p><p>

Randy Savage © defeats Ted DiBiase (12:00)</p><p>

WWF Tag Team Title Match</p><p>

The Powers Of Pain (The Barbarian & The Warlord) defeat Demolition (Ax & Smash) © by DQ</p><p>

Jake Roberts defeats Rick Rude</p><p> </p><p>

It makes more sense to book more or less like this than to try to just copy the TV shows, which were mostly talent vs. jobbers.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

As far as storyline heat, I'd stick to the "hype video" format for hot angles, with the hosts set to announce over it to avoid losing heat from having the announcers talking about two or three angles in one angle.</p>

<p>Minor angles don't impact storyline heat whatsoever. So fear not!</p><p> </p><p>

The way I've done PTW in an 87 game I've dabbled with in my spare time is for one, it's a B show, so I don't have to worry about things. I have a match or angle and then cut back to Gorilla and Bobby in the studio to talk about who we just saw in a minor angle. Say, Adrian Adonis is in the next match against a jobber, so they talk about the match that we are about to see. If he's against a name talent, they talk about how excited they are for the match. Either way, afterwards we cut back to them where they talk about his feud with Piper. Toward the end of the show, I have a bunch of rapid-fire promos from people (1-3 minutes) labelled as "Event Center: " where we hype matches for the next big card. Rinse and repeat for an hour and a half show.</p><p> </p><p>

I've never done TNT, or even watched that show before, but if memory serves it had no matches? With how TEW works, you may be better off just leaving it off. As a player it hurts my realism to do that, but it's easier than pulling your hair out trying to figure out how to book it realistically.</p>

Archived