Real World Chronicles Continued [Modern Day Real World Mod]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Wow, OK, that pile on was sufficient...</p><p> </p><p>

James, please don't take it personally, you unfortunately got to be the sacrificial lamb here to make a broader point about how I am new to this whole current-day mod thing. My apologies if it came off another way. I'm trying my best to keep this thing up to date for everyone. It was one of those "I've spent 300+ hours updating this thing for November, added 39 new workers, and this guy is calling out Ace Steel not being included?!?" situations.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyway....</p><p>

in mod news, I'm paying special attention to events this go-round for January release, so if you notice anything "off" please flag it for me to take a look at. I've gone through and updated most Japanese company events and will begin on other areas in the near future. I've also pre-set some loyalties and exclusive PPA's where it makes sense from a gameplay perspective.</p><p> </p><p>

With these first 2 releases, I'm trying to get companies "right" to setup a structure going forward where the AI "feels" correct when reviewing shows and behaves semi-realistically as it will be the groundwork going forward to semi-simulate what happens in real-life.</p><p> </p><p>

If anyone has any suggestions on product settings or events to touch up for a specific company, please fire away.</p>

<p>The new NXT UK contracts might be interesting situation to replicate within TEW. From the sounds of it they are baring NXT UK contracted talent from working non affiliated promotions.</p><p> </p><p>

Maybe setting up non agression pacts with all UK and European promotions except Progress, ICW, OTT, FCP & wXw.</p><p> </p><p>

To add to this some promotions are openly saying some NXT UK wrestler won't be appearing on any future shows.</p><p>

<a href="https://www.instagram.com/p/BqqJFVYHTzi/" rel="external nofollow">https://www.instagram.com/p/BqqJFVYHTzi/</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James The Animator" data-cite="James The Animator" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45652" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>IDK why The Bashams are active in the database when neither one has wrestled a match in almost ten years, according to both Cagematch and Online World Of Wrestling. Meanwhile, Ace Steel has actually worked four matches this year (his Cagematch profile: <a href="https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=480&page=4" rel="external nofollow">https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=480&page=4</a>), but he's not in the database. I don't see why Ace Steel should be left out simply because he's in his mid-40s now.</div></blockquote><p> Why do people only use Cagematch as validation for how many matches people have wrestled? It has hundreds of matches missing. By that logic, Carl Mizzery hasn't wrestled since 2010... and I know for a fact he has consistently been booked in a lot of matches since then. Cagematch is a rough guide, but it sure as hell doesn't keep record of every single match, by every single person, in every single promotion in the world.</p><p> </p><p> People need to stop using it as a source for who should and shouldn't be in the mod based on how many matches Cagematch lists them in. Doug Basham is retired, Danny Basham still works smaller independent shows.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Powerbrock100" data-cite="Powerbrock100" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45652" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>ROH has signed Brody King apparently to an exclusive deal along with PCO</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That sucks for MLW</p>

Jimmy Havoc is gone from MLW. It looks like they have updated their roster page. Might be worth a look to use that to update. Not sure if there are any other changes off the top of my head. I am a few episodes behind, but Kevin Sullivan just appeared on MLW. Might be worth keeping an eye on to see if he's there in January

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Powerbrock100" data-cite="Powerbrock100" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45652" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Aleister Black & Zelina Vega Reportedly Got Married</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> wut</p>

<p>DJZ and Desmond Xavier are at the next MLW show, Zero Hour, being broadcast live on Beinsports.</p><p> </p><p>

I think DJZ was in TNA for the last release, but I am pretty sure he is done there. I may be wrong.</p><p> </p><p>

Selina De La Renta is managing both LA Park and El Hijo de LA Park. They should be a team as Los Parks</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="YoungNoble" data-cite="YoungNoble" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45652" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> I think DJZ was in TNA for the last release, but I am pretty sure he is done there. I may be wrong.</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> According to wikipedia he's still signed to Impact, but he hasn't wrestled for them since June according to cagematch.</p>

<p>Yeah whether under contract or not I'm not sure but DJ Z hasn't been on Impact TV since him and Andrew Everett lost the tag titles or a week or two after that. He has been working regularly in that time with Evolve and now MLW.</p><p> </p><p>

Wolfgang, Joe and Mark Coffey are going by the name Gallus in NXT UK.</p><p> </p><p>

And a new stable formed in Progress called Do Not Resuscitate with William Eaver, Chuck Mambo, Drew Parker, and Spike Trivet. All heels now.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JMike" data-cite="JMike" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45652" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wouldn't it make sense to add GCW as a company? Surprised it hasn't happened yet</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think what we have here is a failure to communicate … there is a finite amount of space for companies before the game starts to slow down. So if you want GCW (which GCW? as there are several possibilities) then you would have to make a clear argument as to why. Is it full of people already in the mod? Is it on a major upswing? etc etc. </p><p> </p><p> So you could be referring to GCW in Victoria Australia, Game Changer Wrestling, Greater Canada Wrestling or several others around the world.</p><p> </p><p> If I assume rightly I'm guessing it's Joey Janela's Game Changer Wrestling. The arguments for is that it's on a small upswing the argument against is it's just another fairly generic small indy on the US scene and there are already plenty of those some of whom are represented in game. Anyone who wanted to replicate it could do so themselves in game if they really wanted in the same way they can create their own fed. It would definitely be sitting behind something like PWA, AWF or RCW from Australia, numerous Mexican feds or several Euro feds in terms of filling a hole in the game world as those areas don't have their smaller wrestling feds represented much at all where Japan and the USA have plenty of their niche product being represented. Something like CHIKARA deserves to be represented due to it's unique take on wrestling and it's longevity - something like Rocky Mountain Pro has missed the cut because despite having a small tv deal it doesn't have much cut through in peoples consciousness and it's not particularly different to other small feds scattered around. Game Changer Wrestling is really in the Rocky Mountain Pro boat - they exist, they have fans and there presence in the mod wouldn't be an issue in and of itself - except who do you cut to put them in or do you just acccept the game will run slower?</p><p> </p><p> We all wish the game had more capacity without slowing down. It is what it is though and sadly when it comes to companies the more you add the slower it goes.</p><p> </p><p> Not trying to sound narky just trying to explain the realities of the game and the decisions the guys doing these mods have to make.</p>

Yeah, as far as company x or y not being included it really comes down to a few things:

1) Necessity - Is this company needed in the mod due to a certain niche they fill? Is it an area under-represented right now that workers could use an extra promotion so they progress in stats?

2) Draw - Do they actually hold shows often and draw respectable numbers in doing so?

3) Time - Each company to add is a minimum of 4-5 hours of effort researching the product, getting accurate match type ratios over the past 2 years, looking at how they drew over the past 2 years to set popularity + many hours more if I have to add a bunch of new workers to fill out the company.

Right now, I have a short list of companies I would like to add to the mod at a future date (not for this release, or likely the next one, as I'm in a new role at work and it is CRAZY right now limiting my mod time)

Michinoku Pro

K-DOJO

Ice Ribbon

FREEDOMS

(All of the above ran over 30 shows last year, draw 700+ for their big shows, and topped 1k in their biggest shows for attendance)

Marvelous

Defiant (UK) - Probably the next company I will actually add

Mexico/Australia/Euro regional companies

(These ones would be to fill out the regional scenes better in their respective areas, so people in the mod can work and gain stats)

<p>I ask, if possible, the inclusion in the next update by Richard Holliday and Alex Gracia.</p><p> </p><p>

Richard Holliday: <a href="http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/richard-holliday-13533.html" rel="external nofollow">http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/richard-holliday-13533.html</a>

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedOther">

<iframe data-embedid="109d0cf03ffd7e03edf34cfa4ad4a331" allowfullscreen="" data-embed-src="<___base_url___>/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=embed&url=https://twitter.com/mostmarketable"></iframe>

</div><p>

Alex Gracia:

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedOther">

<iframe data-embedid="157dc16312b4b120269cb4f41d0bdd6a" allowfullscreen="" data-embed-src="<___base_url___>/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=embed&url=https://twitter.com/alexgracia3"></iframe>

</div>

<p>Regarding promotions being added.... one thing I've found in real world mods that endeavor to include every small promotion under the sun is that there ends up being a huge amount of overlap. You have a bunch of smaller indy promotions with essentially the same product and many use the same talent. Unless the modder (or something helping with the mod) is very familiar with the promotions, then products are generic and the local guys (some of whom might actually be local stars for the indy company) are very generic low-level workers in the mod. It ends up creating a huge degree of repetitive redundancy, even beyond the concerns about data size, etc. </p><p> </p><p>

Just what I've seen a few times over the years on mods.</p>

<p>I brought up adding lucha indies a while ago and here's some info on promotions which could work.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Lucha Memes:</strong> A super-indie of sorts, they often have dream matches with CMLL talent and hyped indie wrestlers. Run once or twice a month. They run different buildings in and around Mexico City. They are in PALL, which is an alliance led by IWRG. Sadly, the recent Cuervo incident happened at one of their shows.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>MDA:</strong> A Monterrey promotion, also a part of PALL. They realy a lot on older big stars. It would be good having them to compete with The Crash. Run once a month.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>AULL:</strong> One of the oldest indies, not a part of PALL. They own their building. They use a lot of people who don't wrestle anywhere else so it's probably not worth adding them. Run several times per month.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Generacion XXI:</strong> Another member of PALL, LA Park wrestles here a lot but I haven't seen any of their shows so I don't know anything about them. Run about once a month.</p><p> </p><p>

I think MDA and LM would be the best companies to add, and having the alliance between IWRG, MDA and LM would be a fun addition.</p>