SB Nation EWR Article: "A 17-year-old wrestling sim is experiencing a revival"

Looks like Cage Side Seats is giving EWR a bit of a nostalgia shout out in this article.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/7/25/17611596/17-year-old-wrestling-sim-experiencing-revival-cup-of-coffee-in-the-big-time?utm_campaign=cagesideseats&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

It seems the casuals in the comments who think TEW "feels like work" must not know about the EWR settings... :rolleyes:

<p>Loved reading this article. I wish the beginning went into all the old simulators more. I remember the BLOOD feud between EWR fans and Promotion Wars. I played Promotion Wars after experiencing the last EWR game and was severely let down.</p><p> </p><p>

I know the point of the article is focusing on EWR, but I really don't think TEW is that much more of a chore. It goes super in depth sure, but like D12345 stated, sandbox mode is fantastic.</p><p> </p><p>

I still remember playing EWR going, I wish there was more and BOOM TEW2004 at .400 studios. </p><p> </p><p>

Good times</p>

<p>As much as I love TEW, probably my all time favorite file was the backyard EWR game I had going for most of my college years. I might still be playing that one if my computer hadn't died on me.</p><p> </p><p>

EWR's pretty great though, I recommend it to anybody who finds TEW to be a bit too (tew?) much. Don't think I could ever go back to it myself though.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zero" data-cite="Zero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45653" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Loved reading this article. I wish the beginning went into all the old simulators more. I remember the BLOOD feud between EWR fans and Promotion Wars. I played Promotion Wars after experiencing the last EWR game and was severely let down.<p> </p><p> I know the point of the article is focusing on EWR, but I really don't think TEW is that much more of a chore. It goes super in depth sure, but like D12345 stated, sandbox mode is fantastic.</p><p> </p><p> I still remember playing EWR going, I wish there was more and BOOM TEW2004 at .400 studios. </p><p> </p><p> Good times</p></div></blockquote><p> I went the other way, from Promotion wars which I really liked and think was slightly better, to EWR, both had their pluses for me but Promotion wars fell off the grid while EWR continued its development to what we have today.</p><p> </p><p> I guess it was kinda WWF (EWR) vs WCW (Promotion wars) in the wreslting sim world lol</p>

I went the other way, from Promotion wars which I really liked and think was slightly better, to EWR, both had their pluses for me but Promotion wars fell off the grid while EWR continued its development to what we have today.

I guess it was kinda WWF (EWR) vs WCW (Promotion wars) in the wreslting sim world lol

I like the analogy a lot, especially for the time. The only twitch is that TEW never got stale like the WWE hahaha

Archived