Once in a Lifetime

Just curious to hear about some people use of the match aim "Once in a Lifetime." Using this note with 2 workers who I "grew" on my own watch is one of my in-game achievement bucket-list items left for this iteration of TEW.

I have used the note with Andre/Hogan playing the '87 mod or Flair/Hogan in the '95 mod, etc. but never able to employ it for to guys who signed, developed, and grew. Even in the CVerse my uses for the note were guys like Sean McFly, Dan Stone Jr., various guys from PGHW...never one of my prospects (for that matter, even guys on the bubble like Valiant or Wolf).

All of this is to say, I'd love to hear the stories of long term games were you were able to keep two younger workers apart for so long that you could than employ this aim at a major time down the line.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sharkn20" data-cite="Sharkn20" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45661" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What happens if you tick the "one in a lifetime" option and the workers did already had a match?<p> </p><p> What about if you use it more than one time for the same match later on the save?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It won't let you</p>

<p>In my long running NOTBPW save I ended up purchasing MAW (I pillaged them in order to take Same Keith and the Mid Atlantic Championship) I put the MAW Title on Sam Keith and had him face Steve DeColt in the main event of NOTBPW Nirvana In November in the year 2016 in a 30 minute Iron Man Match. </p><p> </p><p>

Steve went on to unify the NOTBPW World Title with the MAW Championship after beating Keith and the title was promptly retired after that as was Sam Keith. The match received an 83 rating which is way better than it deserved to get because of how much in time decline Sam Keith was at the time.</p><p> </p><p>

Sam Keith is now a road agent and I don't plan on having him wrestle again.</p>

On my PGHW '97 multiplayer game I managed to get Yoshifusa Maeda on a PPA (and later on a written when BHOTWG bought out GCG) and Elemental I on a PPA (BHOTWG no longer wanted him) and I enjoyed parading them around for a few PPVs in Once In A Lifetime matches against my future HoI inductees. It was unfortunate that Maeda's match against Ichihara was ruined by lack of chemistry, and Elemental is deep into Time Decline so he was carried heavily. I doubt I'll be able to get anymore Once in a Lifetime matches since my frequent tournament usage makes it impossible to have super fresh singles matches.

I had Christian Faith, and Tommy Cornell meet for the first time (within my save game) at Supreme Challenge 38 I think it was as a Once in the Lifetime match for the TCW title. (I had bought out TCW a few years before.)

Once I caught onto the fact that I had this match-up, I had Faith challenging Cornell every week on TV for a month before Cornell attacked him backstage setting up the match where the two didn't touch at all for two more months until the match.

The match itself lived up to the idea with it being a 99 rated match which was like my 3rd best match rating ever. Tommy (age 38) beat Faith (age 51) with a tainted victory to close out the show.

Because that match did so well, I figured to repeat it at the next PPV which did not allow the Once in a Lifetime setting (obviously) and it did a relatively terrible 73 rating match. That was Cornell's lowest title defense (and maybe lowest match rating) all year.

At this point, I moved Faith to development as a trainer for a couple of months before moving him to another brand and having him be a manager of a stable. He's about to be betrayed by Bulldozer, and a student-teacher storyline will start so that Bulldozer gets some momentum and heat.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thilonash76" data-cite="thilonash76" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45661" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Was there any other change in those two matches besides the once in a lifetime note? Seems odd to me that Once in a lifetime would add THAT much to a match rating. I would like confirmation on this, that it can bring a 73 rated match all the way to a 99.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Once In a Lifetime plus it being Supreme Challenge probably helped. And probably just favoring of rng.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thilonash76" data-cite="thilonash76" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45661" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Was there any other change in those two matches besides the once in a lifetime note? Seems odd to me that Once in a lifetime would add THAT much to a match rating. I would like confirmation on this, that it can bring a 73 rated match all the way to a 99.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There were differences that most likely exaggerated the score difference. </p><p> </p><p> One, I did a motivational speech before the Supreme Challenge that I wasn't able to repeat the next month (2-month cooldown for those speeches). </p><p> </p><p> Two, the SC is a Legendary show compared to either a highly regarded one or just a standard show (I don't recall which the show after the SC is considered). </p><p> </p><p> Three, The SC match was a standard 1-on-1 match where I followed-up with a brawl-based Texas death match which I thought would help boost the match rating since Brawling was just about the only top-line skill that Faith still had.</p><p> </p><p> I don't think that the problem was any one of those but instead, it was all of them taking a little bit from the match rating. My goal was a singular Rock vs Hogan like match and that worked as intended. The 2nd match wasn't planned originally but my planned contender to Cornell was injured for 40 days or something similar and I thought "That first match was so good, the 2nd could just as good." I was wrong about that.</p>

Archived