CZCW: The Next Wave

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="a0161613" data-cite="a0161613" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45670" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Still loving this diary. You've done well to not be wrecked by poaching.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks, really appreciate the comment!</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>CZCW The Next Wave, Sat Week 3 Nov 2018</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Pre-show</span></p><p> </p><p> Courtney and DeColt beat Rayne Man and Cheetah Boy, DeColt 45 over Rayne Man. (C-)</p><p> </p><p> Maria Guest beat Debbie Rose, Lily Snyder and Lauren Easter, making Easter tap to the figure 4. (D+)</p><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Main show</span></p><p> </p><p> Britney announces that the Xtreme title HAS left CZCW with Tigre Salvaje! Its replacement - the CZCW Sprint title. The belt will be defended EVERY show, in 10 minute time limit matches. If a singles Sprint title match goes to a time limit draw, the challenger will be guaranteed a rematch within a month. The new champion will be crowned in a few weeks time, and tonight and next week will see 2 four-way matches on each show to qualify for the title match. (C+)</p><p> </p><p> In trios tourney action, Bradley Blaze, Rapido and El Mítico Jr defeated Bullseye, Kip Keenan and Waylon Walls, Dallas Drop from Blaze on Walls. ©</p><p> </p><p> Huge moment here, as the ring goes dark, and a familiar music plays - and when the lights come on, standing in the ring is John 'Nemesis' Campbell! Mic in hand, Campbell addresses his son Ash. "Hey, kid. I heard you were whining about being overlooked last week. You want to know why you weren't in the Xtreme battle royal? It’s because you’re extreme alright - an extreme loser! You haven’t done anything to deserve yet another chance at a shot.</p><p> </p><p> Oh, I can see you’re confused. I mean, you’ve done nothing your whole damn career, so why are people caring now?</p><p> </p><p> It’s because I saw you here in the Zone, drinking Aldous Blackfriar’s Kool Aid, and it woke me up. And I told the Board of Directors here, that kid who got in here on the strength of being my son? As far as I’m concerned, he’s no longer my son. And I told people in every fed in America, I don’t want nothing to do with Ash Campbell. So kid, the days of dropping my name, saying ‘do you KNOW who my daddy is’, to get a contract here, a title match there - they’re over. Enjoy fending for yourself for once.” ©</p><p> </p><p> In a Sprint title qualifier, Simon Waves beat Aldous Blackfriar, Carlos Barrera and Zach Rudge, making Barrera tap to a Boston crab. (C-)</p><p> </p><p> Post-match, Rudge talks to Donnie J, saying that he wants Bullseye next month anyway, in revenge for what We Break Bodies did to Foxy to set him off on the weird path he's currently on.. (B-)</p><p> </p><p> In the other Sprint title qualifier, Air Attack Weasel beat American Flash, Jonnie Perez and Chet Chavez, pinning American Flash with an Air Attack Ace. ©</p><p> </p><p> Ash Campbell and Aldous Blackfriar make their way out. Campbell has a mic.</p><p> “Earlier tonight, the mighty Nemesis graced the Zone with his presence. And he called me out, saying I’d been playing on our family ties to advance my career.”</p><p> </p><p> Ash shakes his head.</p><p> </p><p> “You know why I kept telling everyone you were my daddy, old man? Not to get contracts. Not to advance my career. But because I was PROUD. I was the son of a legend.”</p><p> </p><p> He paces up and down as he speaks.</p><p> </p><p> “And then after you accused me of drinking Aldous’s Kool Aid, I started thinking. And I came to a conclusion. Yeah, I drank the Kool Aid. But it wasn’t Aldous’s.”</p><p> </p><p> The pacing gets faster.</p><p> </p><p> “It was YOURS, old man. I drank the Kool Aid, just like a bunch of fans did, when I thought that being the son of a washed up has been who could never cut it in the SWF was anything to be proud of. Yeah, yeah, you dominated DAVE. That’s because DAVE was a joke! DAVE was where people went if they weren’t good enough for the big leagues, and they weren’t tough enough for the REAL hardcore feds. DAVE tried to be everything, and it ended up a big fat nothing. Sure, you won the war, with Vibert’s money, but look what good it did you. You still ended up out of business. And now you’re trying to recreate DAVE, and forgive me, DADDY, but it sure don’t look like that’s going too well, because people laugh at your new playtoy fed even more than they did at DAVE.”</p><p> </p><p> He stops.</p><p> </p><p> “So, you want me to stop acknowledging you’re my father? Gladly. But when I’m a more successful wrestler than you ever were, and you’re struggling to find the money for a nursing home, because ever since 1997 you never worked for a fed who could pay you a half-decent amount- don’t expect me to pay the bills!”</p><p> </p><p> Throwing down the mic, he storms off. (D+)</p><p> </p><p> Danielle Sweetheart beat Claire Winters in a good match, super kicking her for the pin. (C+)</p><p> </p><p> Donnie J says that he'll show Coleman up for the has-been he is in 2 weeks time. (B+)</p><p> </p><p> Donnie J and California Love Machine beat me and The Architect in a quick squash, acting as a Donnie showcase. Death on Miami Beach by him pins me. (C-)</p><p> </p><p> In the match which will decide group A of the trios tournament - both teams are on 3 wins out of 3 - Super Ninja, Acid II and Amazing Fire Fly beat Masked Cougar, El Jaguar and Yellow Flash. Great spotfest, with Acid II's Acid Rain Bomb getting him the pin over El Jaguar. (B-)</p><p> </p><p> <strong>B- overall.</strong></p>

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CZCW The Next Wave, Sat Week 4 Nov 2018

Pre-show

Al Coleman and a generic masked guy beat Austin Smooth and Copperhead, masked guy pinning Smooth. (C-)

Maria Guest and Claire Winters beat Lily Snyder and Lauren Easter, Easter tapping to Guest's Figure Four. (C-)

Main show

Simon Waves, Chet Chavez and Mimic pull off the huge upset in a wild spotfest, beating Donnie J, Ricky DeColt and Elliot Thomas via Chetinator on Thomas. This earns them a place in the trios tournament final. (C+)

Kip Keenan accepts Rudge's challenge to Bullseye. (D+)

Yellow Flash qualifies for the Sprint title match, beating Rapido, Bullseye and CLM when Rapido taps to the Flash Hurricane Armbar. ©

Jake Idol says he's asked NOT to know who the challenger is on Monday night; he can beat anybody. (C-)

Fox Mask and Jonnie Perez beat AAW and El Mitico Jr via Fox Hunter on EMJ. (C+)

In trios tourney action, Aldous Blackfriar, Ash Campbell and American Flash beat Carlos Barrera and the 4C tag champs Nathaniel Ca$ino and Eric Blackley (Subbing for injured Miguel Rivera and no longer with us Tigre Salvaje Jr) in a quick squash to showcase Campbell. (D+)

Nemesis comes down, accepting the challenge for Monday night. (D)

Talia Quinzel beats Debbie Rose in a decent non-title bout, hitting Spinal Trauma for the pin. (C-)

Fuyuko and Brit applaud the champ, but say that Higa will regain the belt in 2 days' time. (C-)

Bradley Blaze qualifies for the Sprint title match, beating Keenan, AFF and El Jaguar after a Dallas Drop on El Jaguar. (C+)

Donnie cuts an intense backstage promo saying he'll get revenge on Coleman on Foxy's behalf, despite all his issues with Fox Mask. (He notably DOESN'T refer to him as Matt Murdoch here.) (B+)

C+ overall.

$108,000 profit.

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Christmas Cage Chaos Preview Mon Week 1 December 2016</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

In not one but two massive cage matches, we have great title action at the top of the card! Talia Quinzel defends the title she won last month against the woman she beat, Fuyuko Higa - a dominant champion for so long - and Danielle Sweetheart, who took Quinzel to the limit in two 30-minute time limit draws just before she won the belt. Prior to that, we see the final of the first annual Trios tournament, as Chet Chavez, Mimic and Simon Waves try to continue their fairytale rise going up against Acid II, Amazing Fire Fly, and Super Ninja, the tournament's most high-octane team.</p><p> </p><p>

Waves will have the chance to win two titles - in addition to that match, he faces Bradley Blaze, Air Attack Weasel and Yellow Flash in a 4-way for the newly created Sprint title! And in more title action, the Coastal Zone Championship will be defended, as Jake Idol goes up against a mystery opponent, picked by Idol's stable leader Kip Keenan. </p><p> </p><p>

We have a tag team title bout too, as newly crowned COTT champions The Old School Principals come to the Zone for the first time, to defend against El Jaguar and Masked Cougar! Coastal Zone tag champions American Flash and Aldous Blackfriar will not defend, however - they're teaming with stablemate Ash Campbell to take on the IPW team of Stanley Axis and the Mexican Hardcore Killers, brought to the Zone by John 'Nemesis' Campbell who's disowned his son, claiming he's been trading on the family name to gain opportunities for his entire career and it needs to stop now!</p><p> </p><p>

And in fall-out from Fox Mask's injury and decision to unmask, former friend Donnie J takes on Al Coleman, who caused the injury, Zach Rudge - who idolises the former Fox Mask - goes up against Bullseye, of the We Break Bodies stable who Coleman was previously aligned with, and Matt Murdoch himself teams with Jonnie Perez to take on WBB's Kip Keenan and Waylon Walls - the latter of whom put Perez out for several months. Lots of chances for revenge here!</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Christmas Cage Chaos Prediction Key</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p></div><p></p><p>

Coastal Zone Women's title cage match: Talia Quinzel © vs Danielle Sweetheart vs Fuyuko Higa</p><p>

Coastal Zone Trios title tournament final cage match: Acid II, Amazing Fire Fly and Super Ninja vs Chet Chavez, Mimic and Simon Waves </p><p>

Coastal Zone Championship match: Jake Idol vs ???</p><p>

Ash Campbell, American Flash and Aldous Blackfriar vs E-Z, Sanchez Villano and Stanley Axis</p><p>

Coastal Zone Sprint title match: Air Attack Weasel vs Bradley Blaze vs Simon Waves vs Yellow Flash</p><p>

Hardcore match: Jonnie Perez and Matt Murdoch vs Kip Keenan and Waylon Walls</p><p>

COTT Tag Titles: Old School Principals © vs El Jaguar/Masked Cougar</p><p>

Bullseye vs Zach Rudge</p><p>

Al Coleman vs Donnie J</p>

<p>Coastal Zone Women's title cage match: <strong>Talia Quinzel ©</strong> vs Danielle Sweetheart vs Fuyuko Higa</p><p>

<em>I think Sweetheart is here to eat the pin.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Coastal Zone Trios title tournament final cage match: <strong>Acid II, Amazing Fire Fly and Super Ninja</strong> vs Chet Chavez, Mimic and Simon Waves </p><p>

<em>Surprised by the last teams, but I think you needed bigger names fighting elsewhere on the card. The Masked Avengers get the win here.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Coastal Zone Championship match: Jake Idol © vs <strong>???</strong></p><p>

<em>Let's make it a big swap as Idol drops the belt. Perhaps Frankie Perez gets his shot and brings the belt back towards the main storylines.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Ash Campbell, American Flash and Aldous Blackfriar</strong> vs E-Z, Sanchez Villano and Stanley Axis</p><p>

<em>Don't think your guys lose to some one-off group brought from IPW.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Coastal Zone Sprint title match: <strong>Air Attack Weasel</strong> vs Bradley Blaze vs Simon Waves vs Yellow Flash</p><p>

<em>This is a toss-up, but I went with AAW since he's been a good soldier. He can help carry it to start before someone brings it into a main story arc.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Hardcore match: <strong>Jonnie Perez and Matt Murdoch</strong> vs Kip Keenan and Waylon Walls</p><p>

<em>Either Keenan has gained tremendous popularity, or this is to give Murdoch and Perez a win.</em></p><p> </p><p>

COTT Tag Titles: Old School Principals © vs <strong>El Jaguar/Masked Cougar</strong></p><p>

<em>I will always pick your guys in this match, although that has bit me in the ass more than it has paid off. But I am a slow learner.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Bullseye vs <strong>Zach Rudge</strong></p><p>

<em>Rudge must be going somewhere since he won the Mask Challenge, so this is a good win to move him up the card.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Al Coleman vs <strong>Donnie J</strong></p><p>

<em>Donnie has been on a bad run results-wise, so getting a win here moves him back into the picture. Is he on time decline yet?</em></p>

<p>Was on vacation for a week so I am glad I didn't get to miss predicting a show!</p><p> </p><p>

Coastal Zone Women's title cage match: <strong>Talia Quinzel</strong> © vs Danielle Sweetheart vs Fuyuko Higa</p><p>

<em>Quinzel being champ is great, and I hope she continues to keep the belt</em></p><p>

Coastal Zone Trios title tournament final cage match: Acid II, Amazing Fire Fly and Super Ninja vs <strong>Chet Chavez, Mimic and Simon Waves </strong></p><p>

<em>While AcidII/AFF/Ninja are objectively better at this stage in their careers, this is the chance for the young rooks to get a huge win and cement themselves as main players in the Zone. They can use the win so much more, so I give it to them here.</em></p><p>

Coastal Zone Championship match: <strong>Jake Idol</strong> vs ???</p><p>

<em>Idol keeps taking out softballs as he waits for the big feuds to inevitably suck him in</em></p><p>

<strong>Ash Campbell, American Flash and Aldous Blackfriar</strong> vs E-Z, Sanchez Villano and Stanley Axis</p><p>

<em>The IPW trio winning gives them a case for a hardcore tag title shot, but I don't think they are good or over enough to hang</em></p><p>

Coastal Zone Sprint title match: Air Attack Weasel vs Bradley Blaze vs Simon Waves vs <strong>Yellow Flash</strong></p><p>

<em>AAW seems to be relegated to curtain jerker, Waves is doing double duty and Blaze has had his chance to shine, so Flash gets the win to start with the new title.</em></p><p>

Hardcore match: <strong>Jonnie Perez and Matt Murdoch</strong> vs Kip Keenan and Waylon Walls</p><p>

<em>Gives Perez/Murdoch a chance to get their revenge on WBB, showing off their vicious side</em></p><p>

COTT Tag Titles: <strong>Old School Principals</strong> © vs El Jaguar/Masked Cougar</p><p>

<em>El Jaguar's whole arc with Tigre Salvaje has been that he is never good enough to get that big win, and I think that continues here.</em></p><p>

Bullseye vs <strong>Zach Rudge</strong></p><p>

<em>Rudge has come along well so I think he gets a big win tonight</em></p><p>

Al Coleman vs <strong>Donnie J</strong></p><p>

<em>It's Donnie J, I don't see him losing yet</em></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45670" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks for predictions, guys! Just as a heads up, I’m on vacation at the moment (getting married on Thursday!) so this WILL be back but it’ll be a week or so.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Congratulations.</span></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45670" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks for predictions, guys! Just as a heads up, I’m on vacation at the moment (getting married on Thursday!) so this WILL be back but it’ll be a week or so.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FF0000;">Awesome! Congrats!</span></p>

Thanks for the congratulations, all - it went really well, Vegas is awesome!

Let's get this thing going again. :)

CZCW Christmas Cage Chaos Mon Week 1 Dec 2016

Pre-show

Cherry Bomb beats Maria Guest via Cherry Bomb. (D-)

El Mítico Jr beats Rapido, The Architect, Austin Smooth and Jules Night with a German Suplex on Night. (D+)

Ricky DeColt & Courtney beat Elliot Thomas and Copperhead, Courtney hitting his Face First Suplex on Thomas. Thomas has an off-night here. (D+)

Main show

Brit announces that the classic CZCW tournament King of the Indies will return in July - bigger and better than ever before, featuring wrestlers from all over the COTT - but before then, the January 1st show will see the first ever Queen of the Indies tourney! (B+)

Donnie beats Al in a good match; Coleman never quite looks on Donnie's level here but is given a decent amount of offense before the decisive victory comes with Death on Miami Beach. (C+)

Zach beats Bullseye via Freak Out, showing a real fire in his work as he takes it to the We Break Bodies member. (D+)

Talia promo in which she says that she is confident she can beat both Fuyuko and Danielle tonight to retain. (D+)

Masked Cougar and El Jaguar win the COTT Titles from Old School Principals after I Am Cougar, Hear Me Roar on Mauler. (C-)

Matt Murdoch and Jonnie Perez win a hardcore bout vs Walls and Keenan, Jonnie putting Walls through a table. The crowd seem a little confused on who - if anyone - to cheer, but it's a decent bout. (C-)

Sweetheart promo, saying Talia couldn't beat her before and she definitely can't now. (C-)

Bradley Blaze becomes the first ever CZCW Sprint champion, getting the Dallas Drop on Simon Waves in 9 minutes to win against Waves, Yellow Flash and AAW. Waves takes a big bump after Yellow Flash and Air Attack Weasel hit him with a double suplex from the apron to the outside, and seems to hurt his back, selling the injury for the rest of the match. (C+)

American Flash, Campbell and Blackfriar beat Nemesis's team of E-Z, Stanley Axis and Sanchez Villano in a hardcore bout. Ash Campbell hesitates over whether to blast E-Z with a chair when he's tied in the ropes; Blackfriar has no such compunction and grabs the chair, pulverising him with it. (D+)

Brit hypes Higa vs Talia vs Sweetheart, coming up in tonight's main event. (C-)

Idol retains over surprise challenger Jackpot Jordan, who underwhelms the crowd - to say the least. Idol himself looks confused at the appearance of his former tag team partner. Kip Keenan, joining Cliff Anderson and The Guru on commentary, says he was told by Idol to go out there and find someone who'd take him to the limit, and the hatred between this pair means Jordan will do just that. The ring work doesn't seem to tell that story, though; it's a fairly clean match with little real animosity showing. (C+)

Donnie says he can't wait to become King of the Indies in July, but there's unfinished business with Matt Murdoch first. (B)

Trios title cage match is awesome, with Chavez, Waves and Mimic coming incredibly close on several occasions but in the end, the veteran team is too much for them. Ninja, AFF and Acid II win when Acid II nails Waves with the Acid Rain Bomb; commentators suggest that maybe two matches in one night took its toll on Waves, who sells his back injury right from the start. (B-)

And in the other cage match, the three women put on a fabulous show, with tons of near falls. Eventually, Higa hits the Higa Green Driver on Sweetheart with Talia down on the outside, but the champ is playing possum and blindsides the ex-title holder to nail Spinal Trauma for the victory.

Post-match, familiar music plays, and CHERRY BOMB is back! She formally announces she's in Queen of the Indies, staring down the three women in the ring! (C-)

B- overall.

<p>Predictions from last show </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jay 7</strong></p><p><strong>

John 5</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p>

As always, thanks for predictions, guys!</p><p> </p><p>

Queen of the Indies entrants.</p><p> </p><p>

Representing CWWF, Laura Flame and Ariel Breaks</p><p> </p><p>

Representing AAA, Cherry Bomb, Steph Blake and Demelza Wade</p><p> </p><p>

Representing QAW, Pamela Rojo and Darkness Cat</p><p> </p><p>

Representing OLLIE, Queen Amazon and Mystery Pink</p><p> </p><p>

Representing CILL, Poison Ivy and Estrella Blanca</p><p> </p><p>

Representing CZCW, Fuyuko Higa, Talia Quinzel, Danielle Sweetheart, Claire Winters and Maria Guest.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>CZCW The Next Wave, Sat Week 1 Dec 2016</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Pre-show</span></p><p> </p><p>

Mario da Silva and Zach Rudge (who look awesome together, which has probably improved Mario's career prospects in the Zone by about 700%) beat Amo Del Gato/Jules Night and the Aces of Mayhem, Ace Youngblood tapping out to da Silva's Kimura. Crowd are also eating up da Silva's rock star gimmick, complete with scantily clad groupies. (D)</p><p> </p><p>

Donnie J and Frankie Perez beat Copperhead and the Architect, Copperhead tapping out to Frankie's P Clutch. ©</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Main show</span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

</span></p><p>

Brit opens things up running down the roster of competitors who'll be participating in the Queen of the Indies. (B-)</p><p> </p><p>

Kicking the tournament off, Higa gets a quick win over Mystery Pink. ©</p><p> </p><p>

Post-match, Higa and Brit celebrate in the ring, until they're interrupted by Steph Blake who tells them to get out so she can qualify for the next round. They do, but Higa and Blake are glaring daggers at each other. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

Blake destroys Poison Ivy in a quick - but terrible - match. (E+)</p><p> </p><p>

Masked Cougar, El Jaguar, and Rapido beat Murdoch, Jonnie Perez and Air Attack Weasel via Cougar Pounce on Weasel. AAW shows a tougher side than usual, brawling hard, much to the approval of his partners here. (C+)</p><p> </p><p>

Frankie Perez confronts his brother, saying their issues aren't over yet. ©</p><p> </p><p>

Mexican Hardcore Killers beat Waylon Walls and Bullseye with a Launch Pad Elbow Drop from E-Z finishing off Walls. (D+)</p><p> </p><p>

Maria Guest and Talia Quinzel beat Danielle Sweetheart and Claire Winters in something of a mismatched partners match here, Guest rolling up Winters. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

In an awesome main, Bradley Blaze defends the Coastal Zone Sprint title he won last week, pinning Amazing Fire Fly with about 20 seconds left in the time limit. Dallas Drop finishes. (B-)</p><p> </p><p>

Post-match, Donnie J comes down and says he can't wait to see the Coastal Zone Sprint title defended every week, because the men of the Zone need at least ONE fighting champion, unlike Jake Idol. This brings out Idol, who sneeringly says that he's happy to fight anyone who deserves a shot, it's just Donnie's had his. In that case, Donnie says, he has a challenger all ready for next week - and brings out the mysterious Acid II, 1/3 of the Trios champs! Idol looks shocked, but accepts. ©</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>C+ overall.</strong></p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>CZCW The Next Wave, Sat Week 2 Dec 2016</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p></div><p></p><p>

Jonnie Perez and Murdoch beat Amo Del Gato and Architect via Fox Hunter. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

Steph Blake and Nami Genda beat Joanna Silver and Bonnie Clyde, Blake hitting the Slingshot DDT on Silver. (E)</p><p> </p><p>

Zach and Mario beat Aces of Mayhem, Mayhem tapping out to da Silva's Kimura. (D+)</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Main show</span></p><p> </p><p>

Bradley Blaze gets the show off to a great start, defending his Sprint title against Simon Waves in 8 minutes with a Dallas Drop. ©</p><p> </p><p>

Ash Campbell destroys Sanchez Villano in a quick squash. (D+)</p><p> </p><p>

Post-match, Campbell snarls at his father. "You think these goons are tough and I'm not? Bring them ALL on!" ©</p><p> </p><p>

Frankie, CLM and El Jaguar beat Keenan, Walls and Bullseye, Jaguar hitting the Jaguar Suplex on Walls. ©</p><p> </p><p>

Jonnie Perez comes down and taunts his brother. "You can win against idiots like this, but you'll never be the best in our family." ©</p><p> </p><p>

Post-match, Keenan sprints back out, screaming for a doctor - Jake Idol has been attacked! The commentary team seem unsure whether this is legit. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

In a QOTI qualifier, Demelza Wade beats Darkness Cat via Super Kick. The two look awkward together. (D)</p><p> </p><p>

Post-match, Steph Blake joins Wade and the pair beat down Darkness Cat, sneering that no other woman is as good as they are. (E-)</p><p> </p><p>

In another QOTI qualifier, Talia Quinzel wins a bombfest against the powerful Queen Amazon. QA lasts 13 minutes, but in the end Spinal Trauma proves the difference. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

Donnie J demands Jake Idol appears for the main rather than faking an injury to get out of it. However, it's CZCW's chief physician who comes out instead, saying he's inspected Idol and he is concussed and will not be able to wrestle for several weeks. Donnie says that as he knows the fans want to see Acid II in action tonight, he'll take him on himself. (A)</p><p> </p><p>

Acid II may not have the chance to challenge for the title tonight after all, but he proves he belongs in contention here. Donnie is on top of this for most of the match, but the mysterious masked man always looks dangerous, and from out of nowhere hits a brutal head kick which sends the former champion slumping to the mat where Acid II covers for the three! (B-)</p><p>

</p><p><strong>

B- overall.</strong></p>

<p><strong>CZCW The Next Wave, Sat Week 3 December 2018</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p>

A mysterious masked guy beats Copperhead. (D+)</p><p> </p><p>

Jake Idol and Kip Keenan beat Barrera/Villano and Austin Smooth/another masked guy, who falls victim to the lariat. Idol barely steps in the ring, selling his concussion from last week, but Keenan is too strong for the others. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

Fuyuko and Brit beat Silver/Genda and Suarez/Bonnie Clyde. (D+)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Brit kicks off the main show with a fantastic promo running down events so far in QOTI. (A)</p><p> </p><p>

In an awesome opening match, Donnie J beats El Mitico Jr with Death on Miami Beach. El Mitico looks very good here, avoiding two attempts at DOMB, but can't quite pull out the victory. (B-)</p><p> </p><p>

In a match dragged down by the two not clicking, Estrella Blanca beats Ariel Breaks via Northern Lights Suplex to qualify for Queen of the Indies. (D-)</p><p> </p><p>

AFF beats Cougar, Waves, Blackfriar and Jordan in an excellent spot fest, pinning Jordan after a Sky High Fire Fly, (B-)</p><p> </p><p>

Pamela Rojo beats Claire Winters with a Running Powerbomb to qualify for QOTI. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

Jonnie Perez, Murdoch and AAW beat Frankie Perez and Zach and Mario, Mario getting pinned after an Air Attack Ace. Jonnie Perez constantly keeps out of his brother's way, taunting him but not actually stepping in the ring against him. ©</p><p> </p><p>

Ash Campbell beats Stanley Axis in a quick match, dominating his father's man easily. (D+)</p><p> </p><p>

Campbell screams at Nemesis that he'll beat ANYONE he can put against him. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

Bradley Blaze defends his Sprint title again, beating El Jaguar with the Dallas Drop in a really exciting 9 minute bout with lots of nearfalls. (C+)</p><p> </p><p>

Super Ninja and Acid II beat Chet Chavez and CLM, CLM being pinned after an Acid Rain Bomb. This is a reasonably decent spotfest, but Chavez is off his game and looks terrible here. ©</p><p> </p><p>

Jake Idol comes out and says he's close to being cleared to compete in singles action and will give Acid II his title shot at the first Next Wave of the new year! (D+)</p><p> </p><p>

<p>Bad news from 4C, as El Jaguar sustains a back injury when he and Masked Cougar defend against LaMonica and Mosher. The luchador will be out for about a month and a half.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>CZCW The Next Wave, Sat Week 4 December 2016</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

Blackfriar and Flash beat Axis and Villano via Gloomweaver Clutch on Axis. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

Courtney and DeColt beat Warren Technique and Amo Del Gato, Face-First Suplex from Jeremie Courtney defeating the debuting Technique. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

Higa teams with Rojo to beat Silver and Jaime Quine (who's returning from injury); the losing team look great together though. Running Powerbomb by Rojo pins Silver. ©</p><p> </p><p>

Brit interviews Higa and Rojo, who both say they're sure they'll meet in the final of Queen of the Indies. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

Blake and Wade beat Ariel Breaks and Nami Genda, but Wade sustains a bruised kidney just before superkicking Breaks. (D)</p><p> </p><p>

Wade and Blake cut a promo claiming they'll both make it to the final two, although Wade looks clearly uncomfortable as she speaks. (D)</p><p> </p><p>

Blaze defends his Sprint title in a good match against Ash Campbell, who comes close on several occasions but falls victim to the Dallas Drop. ©</p><p> </p><p>

Nemesis comes out and taunts Ash, saying he always chokes in the big matches. (D+)</p><p> </p><p>

Estrella Blanca and Talia Quinzel team to beat Bonnie Clyde and Lily Snyder in a short bout. (D+)</p><p> </p><p>

Danielle Sweetheart beats Laura Flame in a decent match, becoming the 7th person to qualify for Queen of the Indies. ©</p><p> </p><p>

Post-match, Brit interviews Quinzel, Sweetheart and Blanca who all say they respect everyone in the tournament, but all claim they'll become the first Queen. ©</p><p> </p><p>

Kip Keenan and Waylon Walls get a quick win over Copperhead and Austin Smooth, Keenan hitting the lariat on Copperhead. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

Cherry Bomb beats Maria Guest to become the final woman in the QOTI tournament. Fairly nothing match; Bomb controls pretty easily. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

Bomb says that at the Queen of the Indies every other woman will FEEL! THE! BOMB! ©</p><p> </p><p>

Amazing Fire Fly, El Mítico Jr and Super Ninja & Acid II beat Donnie J, Frankie Perez, Zach Rudge and Simon Waves, Waves jobbing to the Sky High Fire Fly. Really strong spot fest with everyone getting some time to impress, and Rudge nearly pulling off a huge pin on Super Ninja before Acid II makes the save. (B-)</p><p> </p><p>

Brit ends the show previewing the Queen of the Indies. (B-)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>C+ overall.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Apologies for disappearing for a while, but let's get this going again!</p><p> </p><p>

2016 comes to a close with great news, as Britney Hollywood picks up the coveted Manager of the Year award, while Pee-Wee Germaine takes Referee of the Year honours. NOTBPW get Company and TCW Most Improved Company, but SOTBPW show up well in individual awards - Rich Money gets Wrestler of the Year, Jormungand Young Wrestler of the Year, El Leon vs El Demonio Match of the Year and Festival del Homenaje Show of the Year. </p><p> </p><p>

Also, $90,000 profit last month.</p><p> </p><p>

CZCW Queen of the Indies Preview</p><p> </p><p>

The first ever Queen of the Indies sees 8 competitors collide in a single elimination knock out tournament!</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>The Entrants</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Zone Stars</span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Danielle Sweetheart (28-22-2)</strong> - One of QAW's main eventers made an impact in the Zone, most notably by twice taking Talia Quinzel to very good 30 minute time limit draws, before letting Quinzel have a title shot at Higa in return for a shot at her if she won. While Quinzel would get the win, the chance Sweetheart got to take her on got turned into a three-way, in which Higa was pinned. She has to be considered a top contender for the belt, and a strong showing here would definitely secure a one on one shot soon.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Fuyuko Higa (49-6-0) </strong>- The Japanese star, figurehead of 5SSW, was the dominant champion for much of the year before Talia Quinzel beat her. She hasn't been able to reclaim the belt, but is still clearly one of the most talented women on the roster.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jaime Quine (24-12-0)</strong> - The first champion of the relaunched women's division seemed to have missed out on the chance to enter QOTI due to injury. However, a fortuitously timed recovery just before Demelza Wade suffered an injury herself means she's been thrust in as a last minute replacement. Is she fully fit? Could she pull off an incredible comeback?</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Talia Quinzel (30-3-2) </strong>- It took her a couple of attempts, but the Mistress of the Backbreaker did what nobody else could, and beat Higa one on one to take the belt, then pinned her again in a triple threat match to retain. She's on fire at the moment - can she extend her great streak to take the tournament?</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Outsiders</span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Cherry Bomb (6-0-0) (representing AAA)</strong> - The AAA Femme Fatale/COTT Women's champion has been an infrequent visitor to the Zone, notably beating Quinzel and Winters in separate matches to twice retain the COTT belt. Winning here would give her a unique triple crown.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Estrella Blanca (2-0-0) (representing CILL) </strong>- The first ever CILL women's champion looked good in her debut outing, beating Ariel Breaks in a qualifier. Can she take the trophy back to Mexico?</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Pamela Rojo (4-1-0) (representing QAW)</strong> - The only woman here to have won a major tournament title, as the first QAW Queen of the Ring, Rojo looks to take that experience and repeat the victory years down the line.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Steph Blake (4-0-0) (representing AAA)</strong> - The Englishwoman has wrestled a few times over the past month in the Zone and has looked impressive, along with associate Demelza Wade. However Wade is injured, leaving Blake to be the sole member of their partnership competing here. </p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>CZCW Queen of the Indies Prediction Key</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

Danielle Sweetheart vs Fuyuko Higa</p><p>

Jaime Quine vs Talia Quinzel </p><p>

Cherry Bomb vs Steph Blake</p><p>

Estrella Blanca vs Pamela Rojo</p><p> </p><p>

Winner of Sweetheart/Higa vs Winner of Quine/Quinzel</p><p>

Winner of Bomb/Blake vs Winner of Blanca/Rojo</p><p> </p><p>

Winner of first semi-final vs winner of second semi-final</p>

<p><strong>Danielle Sweetheart</strong> vs Fuyuko Higa</p><p>

<em>This was a tough call, but I think Higa is upset early. For a couple reasons - 1) gives us the Sweetheart/Quinzel rematch, 2) Gives Higa more personality to work on when she isn't just juggernauting everyone as the smiling good girl, and 3) saves a Higa/Quinzel match up which seems much more suited to the finals from stealing the show in the semis.</em></p><p>

Jaime Quine vs <strong>Talia Quinzel </strong></p><p>

<em>Quine's career is winding down, so she does her duty to put over the rising star.</em></p><p>

<strong>Cherry Bomb</strong> vs Steph Blake</p><p>

<em>Cherry Bomb has had a bigger influence in the Zone, so I see her advancing to give a more interesting semi final match.</em></p><p>

Estrella Blanca vs <strong>Pamela Rojo</strong></p><p>

<em>Complete guess, but I feel like she's the more qualified of the two.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Sweetheart vs <strong>Quinzel</strong></p><p>

<em>Quinzel beats Sweetheart definitively, with a bit of a question mark on the fact that Sweetheart definitely had the tougher match up in the quarters to get to here.</em></p><p>

<strong>Bomb</strong> vs Winner of Rojo</p><p>

<em>Cherry Bomb gets the win, and Quinzel gets the rematch against Cherry Bomb after failed attempts earlier in the year for the COTT title.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Talia Quinzel vs <strong>Cherry Bomb</strong></p><p>

<em>This was a tough call, and I think it could go either way, but I think Cherry Bomb has the much easier path to the finals and it sets up both Cherry Bomb as a future feud for Quinzel, keeps her from becoming a boring juggernaut like Higa was much of the year, and gives her a "weakness", like Quinzel has been for Higa.</em></p>

<p>Danielle Sweetheart vs <strong>Fuyuko Higa</strong></p><p>

<em>I have Higa going the distance as a nod to her dominance in the company. </em></p><p><em>

Plus, not sure you want to burn Sweetheart/Quinzel in the QOI tourney.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Jaime Quine vs <strong>Talia Quinzel</strong> </p><p>

<em>Quine is a feel-good return, but she won't beat Quinzel.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Cherry Bomb</strong> vs Steph Blake</p><p>

<em>Her role as COTT holder should be enough to get her through here, especially with Wade sidelines.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Estrella Blanca vs <strong>Pamela Rojo</strong></p><p>

<em>I'm guessing, but Rojo probably has more overness.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Fuyuko Higa</strong> vs Talia Quinzel</p><p>

<em>I think Quinzel loses uncleanly, with Sweetheart or Quine having a say in the outcome. She doesn't get a full loss to Higa, but it keeps their rivalry going.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Cherry Bomb</strong> vs Pamela Rojo</p><p>

<em>Bomb getting to the finals with Higa makes for a great match, and a chance to spin a COTT title story here.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Fuyuko Higa</strong> vs Cherry Bomb</p><p>

<em>Higa gets rewarded for her hard work in CZCW, and she gets a chance against Bomb down the road for the COTT belt (which she should win).</em></p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>CZCW Queen of the Indies Mon Week 1 Jan 2017</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

Debbie Rose and a masked woman beat Ariel Breaks and Velvet Suarez. (D+)</p><p> </p><p>

Amazing Fire Fly and Super Ninja & Acid II beat The Architect and Zach and Mario via Sky High Fire Fly on Architect. ©</p><p> </p><p>

Matt Murdoch, Jonnie Perez and Air Attack Weasel defeated a guy in a generic mask, Masked Cougar and California Love Machine when CLM jobbed to the Fox Hunter. (C+)</p><p> </p><p>

Brit fires T-shirts into the crowd. (C+)</p><p> </p><p>

Brit promo building up the tournament, saying she respects everyone in it but she's sure Higa's going to get the win. (B)</p><p> </p><p>

In an epic battle lasting nearly half an hour, with tons of near falls on both sides, Higa goes over Sweetheart. Higa Green Driver brings her the victory with just 80 seconds left before they hit the time limit. (C+)</p><p> </p><p>

Higa speaks! She shows a surprisingly good grasp of English for someone who's been using an interpreter for a year, saying she thinks Danielle is a fantastic competitor who pushed her hard, but tonight she will be too strong for ANYONE else. (B-)</p><p> </p><p>

Cherry Bomb beats Steph Blake convincingly via Cherry Bomb. (D+)</p><p> </p><p>

Cherry Bomb cuts a backstage promo, FEEL THE BOMB! ©</p><p> </p><p>

Jaime Quine pulls off a shock victory over the champion Talia Quinzel, super kicking her out of her boots, practically. Non-title, of course, but the veteran roars through to the semis. ©</p><p> </p><p>

Quine promo saying she's proved she deserves a title shot with that win, but first, time to win Queen of the Indies! ©</p><p> </p><p>

Rojo and Blanca go to a double count-out after Blanca wipes Rojo out with a plancha but neither can make it back to the ring in time, sending Cherry Bomb straight through to the final. (D+)</p><p> </p><p>

Higa over Quine in a hard fought 22 minute match, great contest which sees both of them come close on numerous occasions, but Higa eventually pulls out the Higa Green Driver for the win! (B-)</p><p> </p><p>

Bomb beats Higa via Cherry Bomb in a disappointing 11 minute match - the pair don't click, while Higa's wrestled over an hour tonight, and this is disappointing. ©</p><p> </p><p>

Blake and Wade come down and taunt Higa, saying that clearly the women of CZCW are nowhere near as good as their peers elsewhere. Britney Hollywood grabs a mic and says that Higa and ANYONE else in the fed could beat the pair of them in a tag match - Wade responds by saying "Okay, let's make it the two of us against her and you!" Higa is clearly not into this, pointing out Brit retired a long time ago, but Brit's incensed and says it's on! The match is made for February. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>C+ overall</strong>. Apparently an hour plus of Higa is too much...</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jay 3/6</strong></p><p><strong>

John 2/6</strong></p><p> </p><p>

As always, thanks for the predictions, guys!</p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>CZCW The Next Wave, Sat Week 1 Jan 2017</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

DeColt and Courtney beat me and Architect; DeColt 45 on Architect finishes. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

Blackfriar and Flash beat Copperhead and Rapido. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

Zach and Mario beat Lightning Lomas and a generic masked guy, and Tennessee William and Ernest Youngman. William taps to a Mario Kimura. (D+)</p><p> </p><p>

Maria Guest forces Laura Flame to tap to the figure four. (D+)</p><p> </p><p>

AFF and Super Ninja beat Avalanche Takano (who's in the process of slimming down) and Roderick Remus. ©</p><p> </p><p>

Brit announces the Coastal Contract matches this year will include some Zone stars fighting to stay IN the Zone - including two of them right now, as California Love Machine and El Mitico face off in a five way with Lucha III, La Bestia Purpura and El Hijo Espada Roja. (B-)</p><p> </p><p>

El Mitico wins the five way, pinning Purpura - and CLM is GONE! Commentators express shock, reminding viewers that he'll have another shot at staying at the last chance battle royal in March, but otherwise he'll be out of the Zone for the foreseeable future. (D+)</p><p> </p><p>

Wade and Blake destroy Suarez and Snyder, Wade barely even tagging in (she's still selling the kidney injury.) (D)</p><p> </p><p>

Brit and Donnie train backstage, but Brit gets annoyed at Donnie not taking it seriously enough and trying to kiss her whenever possible. (B)</p><p> </p><p>

In a really good match, Blaze defends his Sprint title against Kip Keenan, ducking his lariat attempt to hit the Dallas Drop with just seconds left. (C+)</p><p> </p><p>

E-Z beats Ash Campbell, much to Campbell's horror. (D+)</p><p> </p><p>

Talia and Debbie Rose beat Brit and Fuyuko; Brit looks surprisingly good (for those people who haven't seen her in the dark matches she's been working and think she's been retired for the best part of a decade) but eventually falls victim to the Thorn Cutter from Rose. (C+)</p><p> </p><p>

Talia tells Fuyuko that she needs a real partner to defend the women of the Zone's honour in next month's big show, much to Brit's disapproval. Jaime Quine heads down and says that her win over Quinzel last week means surely she's the best person for the job. Fuyuko is adamant, though, that if Brit wants in, she's the partner she wants. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

Jake Idol beats Acid II to retain his title via interference from Waylon Walls, who nails Acid with a steel chair while Idol is down after a massive plancha from the masked man. (C+)</p><p> </p><p>

Post-match, a confused Idol gets an idea of what's going on and screams at Kip Keenan that he doesn't need help. Keenan claims to have had no knowledge of what Walls would do, and reminds everyone that Walls is now gone due to the interference rule put in place a few months ago! (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>CZCW The Next Wave, Sat Week 2 Jan 2017</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

Coleman and Chet Chavez beat Avalance Takano and Austin Smooth. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

Mario da Silva and Mr Lucha III beat Copperhead/Daredevil Aero and La Bestia Purpura/Lightning Lomas, Copperhead tapping out to da Silva's Kimura. (D)</p><p> </p><p>

Mimic, Simon Waves and Ricky DeColt beat Jackpot Jordan, Roderick Remus and Ernest Youngman, Waves pinning Remus after a powerslam. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

Super Ninja beats Diablo Duvak, American Flash and El Hijo Espada Roja. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

The Coastal Contract match of the week sees a huge return, as Remmy Skye comes back to the Zone! He makes short work of Tennessee William, Masked Stranger, Warren Technique and Rapido, meaning former tag champ Rapido is GONE. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

Brit trains with Fuyuko Higa; it's notably more serious than last week's session with boyfriend Donnie J was. (C+)</p><p> </p><p>

Bradley Blaze defends his Sprint title in a four-way, beating Ash Campbell, E-Z, and El Mitico Jr after pinning Ash. ©</p><p> </p><p>

Nemesis taunts Ash. "Another undeserved title shot and another loss. Guess you really can't cut it, boy." "Old man," his son responds, "Just give me one chance to wipe that smirk off your face." </p><p> </p><p>

"Fine. Come February, you can go one on one with someone I DO respect. You see, Ash, you have a brother."</p><p> </p><p>

Campbell sells this with beautiful facials.</p><p> </p><p>

"And he's ten times better than you, and he made it here in the Zone without EVER relying on my name. In two weeks time, I'll introduce you properly, and he'll kick your ass." ©</p><p> </p><p>

Higa and Brit beat Guest and Flame, Brit hitting the Hollywood Hills on Flame. (C+)</p><p> </p><p>

Debbie Rose and Jaime Quine beat Lily Snyder and Danielle Sweetheart, Quine's KO Kick taking care of Snyder. (C-)</p><p> </p><p>

Zach Rudge reveals his new partner for an upcoming six man against Matt Murdoch, AAW and Jonnie Perez - Remmy Skye! (C+)</p><p> </p><p>

Zach, Remmy and El Mitico Jr beat Murdoch, Jonnie and AAW, Remmy's Skye Diver being enough to put away his former tag partner Murdoch. (C+)</p><p> </p><p>

Murdoch and Jonnie slide to the outside to grab chairs, but before they can attack anyone, Donnie J and Frankie Perez are out for the save. Both have mics. "Murdoch, let's finish this!" Donnie screams. "Two weeks from now, me, you, and a cage to stop anyone like that idiot interfering." The former Fox Mask nods, while Jonnie Perez grabs a mic of his own. "No need to worry about me, Donnie. Matt doesn't need my help, and I'll be busy. Brother?" He glares at Frankie. "I keep hearing you've been telling people my win was a fluke a few months ago. So how about this? We go again, and this time, if you lose, you're out of the Zone until 2018." Frankie nods. "You got it." (C+)</p><p> </p><p>

Jake Idol beats Acid II cleanly in a hard-fought contest, eventually hitting the Reality Check to put the masked man away. (C+)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Overall C+</strong></p>

Archived