Board Expectations

I've been building my alma mater, Ohio State, for several seasons. We've always been a power but the Big 10 is a minefield of top 25 teams that no one can seem to wade through. It's 2010 and I've got my best lineup of players yet. Board expectations "couldn't be higher". We steamroll a few cupcakes to start the season and charge into the heart of the Big 10 cauldron. The toughest test comes at #5 Purdue where we're down 21-26, just inside the 50 yard line with a mere 9 seconds left to play. Soph QB Ray Anne lofts a beeee-yoootiful pass to senior WR Phil Cribbs for the game winning touchdown in the dying seconds. OSU continues through the season rolling over other top 25 teams like Penn State, Minnesota, and Iowa. Then culminates the regular season with a victory over hated rival #17 Michigan for 6th straight season. Currently ranked #1, Ohio State crushes Cal in the Fiesta Bowl, 45-9. We're 12-0, #1 Media, #1 Coaches, #1 GD, #1 CPU. We've defeated six top 25 teams this season. I get a D for Board Expectations and a C overall. "Expectations couldn't be higher" indeed!

[QUOTE=Bobble]I've been building my alma mater, Ohio State, for several seasons. We've always been a power but the Big 10 is a minefield of top 25 teams that no one can seem to wade through. It's 2010 and I've got my best lineup of players yet. Board expectations "couldn't be higher". We steamroll a few cupcakes to start the season and charge into the heart of the Big 10 cauldron. The toughest test comes at #5 Purdue where we're down 21-26, just inside the 50 yard line with a mere 9 seconds left to play. Soph QB Ray Anne lofts a beeee-yoootiful pass to senior WR Phil Cribbs for the game winning touchdown in the dying seconds. OSU continues through the season rolling over other top 25 teams like Penn State, Minnesota, and Iowa. Then culminates the regular season with a victory over hated rival #17 Michigan for 6th straight season. Currently ranked #1, Ohio State crushes Cal in the Fiesta Bowl, 45-9. We're 12-0, #1 Media, #1 Coaches, #1 GD, #1 CPU. We've defeated six top 25 teams this season. I get a D for Board Expectations and a C overall. "Expectations couldn't be higher" indeed![/QUOTE] What version are you playing with? What recruiting class ranking did you have?

[quote=Druez]What version are you playing with? What recruiting class ranking did you have?[/quote] I think Druez is on to something... it's gotta be the recruiting class. If you think about it, if your expectations are to win the national championship, then doing just that is really just "Average" anyway. ;) Personally, I think this is actually kind of realistic. When you've been to the mountaintop, there's nowhere to go but down. This is probably why college coaches who have great success make the jump to the pros - they just can't realistically keep up with the expectation of a national title every season.

[QUOTE=Druez]What version are you playing with? What recruiting class ranking did you have?[/QUOTE] The season was played in 1.1. The offseason was done in 1.1 and then repeated in 1.11 with the same result. Recruiting class ranking was #7, I think. Top twenty for sure but I'm pretty sure it was #7.

[QUOTE=FranklinNoble]If you think about it, if your expectations are to win the national championship, then doing just that is really just "Average" anyway. ;)[/QUOTE] You must be on OSU's board... You certainly can't say I greatly overachieved expectations but the expectations were for a top 5 finish. I'd accept an average grade like a "C" in board expectations if I ended up #5 in the country, but not a "D" when I won an undisputed national championship and was universally recognized as the #1 team in all the land. It's like getting every question right on a math final and getting a "C" because I didn't put smiley faces in every zero. I'm away from the software right now, but isn't recruiting a seperate grade anyway? All the other grades were an "A".

trola, My strength of schedule wasn't particularly high, IIRC. I'm not sure why that is either, five top 25 teams already on my Big 10 schedule and I'm supposed to take on a few more? Anyway, that should be reflected in my national ranking rather than board expectations.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn]This should be a little better in 1.11. I would try that version out once I release it here in the next few days.[/QUOTE] I did do the offseason in 1.11 and got that same result, "D" for expectations and "C" overall.

Archived