EffVerse - Growth of a Universe

EffVerse - Growth of a Universe

Humble Beginnings

March 1920 - Mobile, Alabama

Don Loomis looked around the room at the men he had brought together. His eyes never lingered for too long in any one place, darting from person to person like a bee trapped in a car. He had just completed the biggest risk he had ever taken, selling his stake of the Loomis Carnival and Circus to his two older brothers to take his strongman act on the road separately. He was going to sell the public on worked fights.

Around him sat the fighters who would help him reach this goal. Eight men collected together, most of them strongmen from the Carnival. Loomis leaned forward, sweat forming across his graying hair and beading down his forehead.

"We go live in about an hour and it looks like we got a hundred people out there."

The men around him nodded, with a touch less enthusiasm than Don would have liked. It was too late for regrets now, they were deep in it.

"Hey," Don chided, "Hey, ya'll can't be looking at things like this. Sure it's a step down from what we got at the Circus, but we are about to change entertainment, men. We are about to do something no one else has ever done. Let's go give them a wrasslin' show they will never forget!"

The mood jumped up a little and so did the men. They came together and all put there hands like a basketball huddle.

"Ohhhhhhhh, SOUTHERN!"

The Roster

Daniel Loiselle - A Canadian middleweight who knows the ins and outs of fighting. One of the finest pure wrestlers on the roster. Used to work with the Carnival as a shooter who would wrestle strangers for cash.

Emilio Suarez - A Mexican who believes that flashiness and a good story outweighs realism. A very good worker by any stretch. A trapeze artist with the circus.

Friedrich Herzog - A huge and muscular German strongman who did the lifting at the circus. His main selling points are that he is huge, but what a selling point that is.

Joe Boone - A friend of Loiselle's, an American who is just learning his way in fighting. Has no distinct style, but can blend a few together to make for an interesting fight.

Levi Andrews - Another foreign strongman who decided to join Don and SPW. The Australian is not as large as Herzog or Saita but makes up for it with charisma and mannerisms.

Saita Kuroki - A former Sumo wrestler and the last foreign strongman to join Don. He understands combat a bit more, and his flurry of chops is always entertaining.

Shunji Takayama - A friend of Saita's who was hired and flown over to America. Rumor is he was training to open a similar style of company in Japan, but he claims he will not be doing so for a few years. He hits people very, very hard.

Sir Anthony Henry - A former British boxer who joined the circus as a ticket taker of all things. Don saw more in this man than his family did and took him along to SPW. He still takes tickets.

Upcoming Shows

Southern Wrestling Weekly - 3/7/20

Saita Kuroki vs Shunji Takayama

Levi Andrews vs Sir Anthony Henry

Daniel Loiselle and Emilio Suarez vs Friedrich Herzog and Joe Boone

Southern Wrestling Weekly - 3/14/20

Levi Andrews and Sir Anthony Henry vs Saita Kuroki and Shunji Takayama

Danielle Loiselle vs Friedrich Herzog

Emilio Suarez vs Joe Boone

Southern Wrestling Weekly - 3/21/20

Loser Braket - Boone/Suarez vs Herzog/Loiselle

Loser Braket - Andrews/Henry vs Kuroki/Takayama

Winners Braket - Boone/Suarez vs Herzog/Loiselle

Winners Braket - Andrews/Henry vs Kuroki/Takayama

SPW Continental Cup 1920 - 3/28/20

3rd Place - Boone/Herzog/Loiselle/Suarez vs Andrews/Henry/Kuroki/Takayama

FINALS - Boone/Herzog/Loiselle/Suarez vs Andrews/Henry/Kuroki/Takayama

...and more!

Hello all, and welcome to something just a touch bit different. You may recognize my name from around the boards back when I was a bit more active or may know me from Twitch or YouTube (as LetsPlayTEW). I've been playing TEW in front of a camera now for about 6 or 7 years...but I also play off camera as well. What follows is a personal game that became interesting enough for me to want to write about.

If you are at all familar with the EffVerse you'll have some fun with this I'm sure. If not, it is a universe made mostly by the game and Random Gens. As this will be an image-less dynasty I'll do my best to describe the characters, but if you ever have questions feel free to ask.

Also I am four years ahead of the game as I start this so I will try to have some consistant content. If you know me though that's likely to be pretty hit or miss. I'll do my best!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Leion" data-cite="Leion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45906" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Looking forward to this, I love playing effganic.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hey thanks! Hopefully I am not overselling it by saying things get very interesting by year 2 or 3.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>The First Continental Cup Tournament</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Southern Wrestling Weekly - 3/7/20</em></p><p> In front of 85 people in Mobile, AL</p><p> </p><p> Shunji Takayama defeated Saita Kuroki - 24</p><p> Sir Anthony Henry defeated Levi Andrews - 24</p><p> Daniel Loiselle and Emilio Suarez defeated Friedrich Herzog and Joe Boone - 24</p><p> </p><p> Notes: Everyone came out firing today, but Levi and Saita cannot work long matches. Live and learn.</p><p> </p><p> Overall: 24</p><p> </p><p> <em>Southern Wrestling Weekly - 3/14/20</em></p><p> In front of 87 people in Mobile, AL</p><p> </p><p> Levi Andrews and Sir Anthony Henry defeated Saita Kuroki and Shunji Takayama - 27</p><p> Daniel Loiselle defeated Friedrich Herzog - 23</p><p> Emilio Suarez defeated Joe Boone - 29</p><p> </p><p> Notes: Suarez is a joy to watch, constant movement and some weird flip like offensive moves. Add Herzog to the 'cannot go long' list.</p><p> </p><p> Overall: 27</p><p> </p><p> <em>Southern Wrestling Weekly - 3/21/20</em></p><p> In front of 96 people in Mobile, AL</p><p> </p><p> Joe Boone defeated Friedrich Herzog - 38</p><p> Saita Kuroki defeated Levi Andrews - 18</p><p> Shunji Takayama defeated Sir Anthony Henry - 32</p><p> Daniel Loiselle defeated Emilio Suarez - 35</p><p> </p><p> Notes: Shunji! Suarez! Amazing! Loiselle is a good hand as well. Not sure what went wrong with Saita and Levi, just a very very boring matchup.</p><p> </p><p> Overall: 35</p><p> </p><p> <em>SPW Continental Cup - 3/28/20</em></p><p> In front of 98 people in Mobile, AL</p><p> </p><p> Saita Kuoki defeated Friedrich Herzog - 17</p><p> Emilio Suarez defeated Levi Andrews - 28</p><p> Sir Anthony Henry defeated Joe Boone - 29</p><p> Daniel Loiselle defeated Shunji Takayama for the SPW World and SPW Continental Cup - 38</p><p> </p><p> Notes: Loiselle was a huge supporter of the idea of SPW, and gave Don Loomis the confidence to take the venture. Due to this he gets the first title reign, and starts it off with the best match to date. The power lifters from the circus continue to disappoint. Also SPW is bleeding money, and moves from weekly to semi-monthly.</p><p> </p><p> Overall: 35</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Upcoming Shows</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Southern Wrestling Monthly - 4/14/20</em></p><p> </p><p> Joe Boone vs Friedrich Herzog</p><p> Danielle Loiselle and Levi Andrews vs Saita Kuroki and Shunji Takayama</p><p> Emilio Suarez vs Sir Anthony Henry</p><p> </p><p> <em>SPW Brawlborn - 4/28/20</em></p><p> </p><p> Levi Andrews vs Shunji Takayama</p><p> Danielle Loiselle vs Emilio Suarez/Sir Anthony Henry for the SPW World title</p>

<p><strong>Building on the Cup</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Southern Wrestling Monthly- 4/14/20</em></p><p>

In front of 99 people in Mobile, AL</p><p> </p><p>

Joe Boone defeated Friedrich Herzog - 26</p><p>

Saita Kuroki and Shunji Takayama defeated Daniel Loiselle and Levi Andrews - 26</p><p>

Sir Anthony Henry defeated Emilio Suarez - 22</p><p> </p><p>

Notes: What an absolute disappointment from Henry and Suarez. All the goodwill they built goes out the window here, with a wretched performance. Hopefully Loiselle can pull a great match out of Henry</p><p> </p><p>

Overall: 23</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Southern Wrestling Monthly- 4/28/20</em></p><p>

In front of 96 people in Mobile, AL</p><p> </p><p>

Shunji Takayama defeated Levi Andrews - 36</p><p>

Emilio Suarez defeated Saita Kuroki - 27</p><p>

Daniel Loiselle defeated Sir Anthony Henry to retain the SPW World - 33</p><p> </p><p>

Notes: What an exceptional opening match between Shunji and Levi. Levi does well when limited to short slugfests. Loiselle and Henry was a good main event, but I cannot help but think Henry doesn't deserve a main event match.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Upcoming Shows</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Southern Wrestling Monthly- 5/13/20</em></p><p> </p><p>

Friedrich Herzog vs Saita Kuroki</p><p>

Daniel Loiselle and Levi Andrews vs Joe Boone and Sir Anthony Henry</p><p>

Emilio Suarez vs Shunji Takayama</p><p> </p><p>

<em>SPW Mayday - 5/27/20</em></p><p>

Friedrich Herzog vs Levi Andres</p><p>

Saita Kuroki vs Sir Anthony Henry</p><p>

Daniel Loiselle vs Suarez/Takayama for the SPW World</p>

Mayday! Because, you see it's in May...

Southern Wrestling Monthly- 5/13/20

In front of 97 people in Mobile, AL

Saita Kuroki defeated Friedrich Herzog - 42

Daniel Loisell and Levi Andrews defeated Joe Boone and Sir Anthony - 29

Emilio Suarez defeated Shunji Takayama - 42

Notes: Woah Saita and Herzog tore it up! Very pleasantly surprised by the fantastic brawl those two had. Perhaps that will be the future of the company...

Overall: 41

SPW Mayday - 5/27/20

In front of 101 people in Mobile, AL

Levi Andrews defeated Friedrich Herzog - 36

Shunji Takayama defeated Joe Boone - 38

Saita Kuroki defeated Sir Anthony Henry - 38

Daniel Loiselle defeated Emilio Suarez to retain the SPW World title - 43

Notes: Daniel and Emilio had an great clash of styles type match and the crowd was invested in Emilio's flippy wrestling style. Everyone seems to be hitting there stride here and the future looks very bright for Southern Pro Wrestling

Overall: 41

Upcoming Shows

Southern Wrestling Monthly- 6/13/20

Joe Boone vs Sir Anthony Henry

Daniel Loiselle and Levi Andrews vs Emilio Suarez and Friedrich Herzog

Saita Kuroki vs Shunji Takayama

SPW Burnout - 6/27/20

Joe Boone vs Levi Andrews

Daniel Loiselle vs Saita/Takayama

and more...

Archived