MechWarrior/Battletech

Warhawk8492

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Warhawk8492" data-cite="Warhawk8492" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45975" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone else like this franchise? I have been a fan since the 90s. I wish I could play MWO but my PC can't play it sadly. I played MechWarrior 2, 3 and 4 and had good memories playing all of them. I am a fan of the Clan factions mostly (I like the Warhawk mech a lot).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I am a fan and am really enjoying the new game. Can't wait for flashpoint to release later this month.</p><p> </p><p> I have MWO although haven't played in years, tew, civ, FM, battletech on the pc and fifa on x1 although to be fair my gaming time is fairly limited these days and I seem to spend more time on daz playing with renders</p>

<p>Wanted to play the new Battletech game, but Intell processors aren't supported. The game won't launch and everything I find online is members of Paradox saying to seek a refund since the game doesn't work on Intel. </p><p> </p><p>

Dumb.</p><p> </p><p>

Downloading MechWarrior Online now, but it'll be a day or two before I get a chance to play.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45975" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wanted to play the new Battletech game, but Intell processors aren't supported. The game won't launch and everything I find online is members of Paradox saying to seek a refund since the game doesn't work on Intel. <p> </p><p> Dumb.</p><p> </p><p> Downloading MechWarrior Online now, but it'll be a day or two before I get a chance to play.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well I have intel processor and it plays fine</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smw88" data-cite="smw88" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45975" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well I have intel processor and it plays fine</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well that's even more frustrating then. I just spent over an hour on Google, Steam, and Paradox's website trying to figure this out. Maybe I'll try a full reinstall tomorrow and see if that works. </p><p> </p><p> Is there a way to lower the graphics quality outside of the game? Might be connected to that.</p><p> </p><p> Also, I'm open to any suggestions for mecha games in general.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45975" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well that's even more frustrating then. I just spent over an hour on Google, Steam, and Paradox's website trying to figure this out. Maybe I'll try a full reinstall tomorrow and see if that works. <p> </p><p> Is there a way to lower the graphics quality outside of the game? Might be connected to that.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The specs do recommend a minimum of intel i3 processor, 8gb ram and a separate graphics card.</p><p> </p><p> I run a fairly decent (well used to be ha) set up so may not be an average comparison.</p><p> </p><p> However I did read someone say they got it working on an old laptop using an older intel processor and intel integrated gpu rather than a separate card. It sounded like the 8gb ram is the key element and to be honest when it first came out it used to max out my 32gb ram all the time, luckily they improved with updates and it's not so bad now.</p><p> </p><p> I have no idea about changing settings pre game launch but I have not heard of a way</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45975" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have 8gb. I think I’m going to try updating drivers sometime this weekend and see if that helps. The game was gifted to me, so I’m not too worried about losing money on it, but I would like to play.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah up to date drivers is a must especially for any graphics card</p>

Archived