Coaching a Dynasty

Still got mine... From memory....I was visiting sportplanet.com and was looking for other games...similar to FOF and OOTP and I checked out each link....It came down between C.A.D., Jumpshot Basketball, and Fastbreak Basketball. I ended up getting them all eventually...but C.A.D. was the one I bought first. The idea of playing a college sim of a sport was something that sucked me in. Not sure how many other college sports sims there were at that time...but C.A.D. was the only one I knew of.

Well I would say that there are a few good ones out there that deserve mention, Out of the Park Baseball 4 thru 6 is very very good, and Championship Manager is probably the top game for sports sims. I do however look forward to the latest from the Grey Dog guys. :)

Guest IrishHand
[quote]CAD is the best sports simulation on the market[/quote] I take it that CAD is the only sports simulation that you've ever played. Oops! I note that you've apparently also played TCY. I can only conclude that you're hopped up on something illegal. TCY is a vastly superior sim - as are any of a dozen other games. Love, Irish

Guest IrishHand
Some people like things like statistical accuracy and depth of gameplay, but each to their own. I was one of the first to purchase CAD and I enjoyed it for what it was - an initial step towards a decent college basketball sim (TDCB). However, even TDCB is a ways away from being a top-quality college basketball sim for quite a few reasons.

I own CAD. And Tournament Dreams. Haven't actually [i]played[/i] CAD since TD came out though. Maybe I will re-visit it sometime. I will do it with lowered expectations though; when I loaded up OOTP2 a few months ago I was quite disappointed. It was nowhere near as good as I remembered it being. :D

Sometime in the future I would like to see Coaching a Dynasty 2. Instead of an updated version of TDCB or what not. The game itself could be called Coaching a Dynasty 2 and it would not have to look as nice as TDCB, but the gameplay would just have to be equal to or better the Coaching a Dynasty.

Archived