Official Game Thread- Barebones 4 Mafia (The Revival November 2018)

theoutlaw321

@Astil: I roleblock and protect. I don't hide anyone.

@Crychon: I have literally quoted the sections you are talking about twice saying exactly that. I'm 100% sure that my PM tells me I roleblock and I protect. No doubt about it.

Now I know you are lying.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My role PM was unclear on my ability to roleblock to the point where I had to get two clarifications on it.

I find it highly unlikely my role PM would be vague and Outlaw would clarify after and then yours would be 100% clear if your roles are mechanically the same.

Now I know you are lying.

My role PM was unclear on my ability to roleblock to the point where I had to get two clarifications on it.

I find it highly unlikely my role PM would be vague and Outlaw would clarify after and then yours would be 100% clear if your roles are mechanically the same.

So you know I'm lying because you find something unlikely? By any standards, that's weaksauce.

Mine describes a protection. Then it describes a roleblock. There is no doubt that is what I do. The fact that you doubt your own stuff is between you and Outlaw.

He's lying because his PM was more clear about his role than yours?

Also, Derek, the section I was (probably poorly) specifically trying to draw attention to was the line "When he got there for his appointment, the person he was there to see was in another room with someone else."

I'm actually more inclined to believe Derek at this point.

@BlueStar: I don't think Astil is scum. I just think he has railroaded his own thoughts. As someone who has done that myself in the past, it now sucks to be on the other side of it. Being so sure you're right and becoming blind to everything else never leads to a good outcome.

Eternal Phoenix, BKH, Ray, Crychon, Paws, eayragt:

Thoughts?

I just woke up (working 2nd shift and having an infant means odd hours). I'm going to vote for Derek if nothing changes because I want the concrete information for coming days, but at the same time, I believe him and want to wait and see if not doing that is a viable option.

@BlueStar: I don't think Astil is scum. I just think he has railroaded his own thoughts. As someone who has done that myself in the past, it now sucks to be on the other side of it. Being so sure you're right and becoming blind to everything else never leads to a good outcome.

Worst case scenario (considering you're town and you think Astil is town): We (true blue town) end up killing 2 townies with the same ability (Roleblockers).

Begging the question....

Who's the guy taking the battery in N1? How many roleblockers could there be? All town? :cool:

He's lying because his PM was more clear about his role than yours?

Also, Derek, the section I was (probably poorly) specifically trying to draw attention to was the line "When he got there for his appointment, the person he was there to see was in another room with someone else."

I'm actually more inclined to believe Derek at this point.

The same role. The same exact role. Two different write up styles.

C'mon.

Sorry Derek, I don't buy it. I consider there to be 2 versions of some roles...roleblockers (town and scum), (role) cops (town and scum) ... but your claim (which Astil drew out and got counterclaimed -which is bad luck-) doesn't add up. If it does, Astil will have a lot to answer for but he's confident. I'll back him on that.

Occum's Razor.

Is it more likely Derek set up a fake claim which he gave early in pressure and got very unlucky or that there are 2 of the exact same mechanical role in a 20 townie pool (estimate) with different degrees of specificity and different role titles?

This whole counterpush of 'Would I be that dumb' reeks of caught scum.

Worst case scenario (considering you're town and you think Astil is town): We (true blue town) end up killing 2 townies with the same ability (Roleblockers).

Begging the question....

Who's the guy taking the battery in N1? How many roleblockers could there be? All town? :cool:

I imagine the scum have a role block. Could be that one, could be either one of the two people arguing right now. The scum could easily have a jailer, and this entire "would there be two?" thing goes out the window. That's more likely than the third being the scum roleblock, I think.

Killing one, seeing blue, can we avoid lynching the other just to make sure? We're all still going to question there being two of them on the towns side. Can't come up with any other good way to sort this out though. Not easy to test that. Would need a tracker for the jailer, the jailer, and someone with an ability who'll admit to having one and then admit to being unable to use it the next morning.

Even then, any combination could lie and mess the whole thing up.

I imagine the scum have a role block. Could be that one, could be either one of the two people arguing right now. The scum could easily have a jailer, and this entire "would there be two?" thing goes out the window. That's more likely than the third being the scum roleblock, I think.

Killing one, seeing blue, can we avoid lynching the other just to make sure? We're all still going to question there being two of them on the towns side. Can't come up with any other good way to sort this out though. Not easy to test that. Would need a tracker for the jailer, the jailer, and someone with an ability who'll admit to having one and then admit to being unable to use it the next morning.

Even then, any combination could lie and mess the whole thing up.

Hence, we don't set up testing and we go by the result of this day phase. Non, mon cher?

I feel we need to lynch Astil or Derek here. If we don't, this will just continue into next day phase and we waste a second day. If Derek is innocent, then we can put pressure on people involved with the lynch, myself included. I highly doubt two of the same roles are in the game though.

It's Occam.... :D

It's not really that...one of the claims has to be fabricated, considering who's driving this thing and who's in the defence...hey, don't preach to the ol' BlueStar choir...I'm aboard this one for now.

I've heard it both ways /ShawnSpencer

I have a dr's appt not sure when I will be around