1.11 polls revisited

Hi, I talked about polls earlier in the game's development, and for the most part, they are great. However, I feel there's one area that should get some discussion. That is, when a team starts high in the polls, has an awful start to the season, and doesn't really fall. This is the fourth year in my PSU dynasty. Purdue started the year ranked #3. Here is their schedule through four weeks: Week 1: Virginia (L 23-17) Week 2: Cincinnati (W 31-24) Week 3: Navy (L 28-6) Week 4: at Notre Dame (L 41-19) They are 1-3, with all four games against non-ranked teams (ND was ranked high, but they started out 1-2, with losses to #1 PSU and #1 Michigan (they split the polls). So that loss doesn't really hurt. But Navy? Virginia? At home? Purdue fell to #5 after the Virginia loss. They stayed there after the Cincy win, and fell to #11 after losing to Navy. Now, after the ND loss, they sit at #12. Does this happen in a lot of dynasties, or is this something that is an aberration for me?

This seems to have rectified itself, for the most part. They're 2-4 heading into the PSU game...but ranked in both polls (25th and 24th). They don't have a GD ranking, and are ranked 66th by the CPU. We'll see what happens after I lay a beating on them. ;)

Archived