I haven't been this excited from a text sim in awhile...

But this did it to me. NCAA Championship Game #2 LSU (12-1) vs #1 Penn State (12-0, my team), Orange Bowl Game is back and forth, back and forth...with 4:08 left, we tie it at 24 all, after a 14-play, 81-yard drive down the field. LSU gets the ball back, gets it to midfield...and then, senior linebacker Idrees McClendon picks it off, and takes it to the LSU 45. On the next play, junior QB Nijrell Strom completes a 44-yard strike to sophomore wideout (and Biletnikoff winner) Wally Shirk. We have the ball, first and goal, at the 1, with 2:09 left. We take our time...and then, we lose it. Strom gets nailed on a playaction fake, fumbles it, and LSU recovers. They drive down the field with ease. We can't stop them. We have no shot. LSU tries a 50-yard field goal with :19 left to win it. I can hear the call: "Dickerson lines up...this for the national championship. Snap is good, kick is away. It looks good...NO! It hits the crossbar! NO GOOD! NO GOOD! The wind must've knocked that down, because it looked good on impact! We're still tied! I don't believe it!" We go to overtime, where Big Ten first-team kicker Kimo Carney gets his try: "Carney kicking into the same end zone Dickerson was a minute ago. 47 yards. Snap good, hold good, kick on the way...OFF THE CROSSBAR! Carney, who has made 5-of-9 from 40-49 yards, hits the crossbar, and we're still tied! Now LSU will get their shot!" They got their shot. Micky Namath, who I'm sure is related to Joe somehow...took them home. "LSU at the 4...Namath settles his line, and audibles. PSU showing blitz. Namath drops back, here come the Lions. Namath dumps it off over the middle...TOUCHDOWN, LOUISIANA STATE! Rogers Seal with a national championship-winning touchdown for the Tigers of LSU! What a game!" And, with that, Penn State's dream died...30-24, at the hands of LSU. Of course, there's always next year. And, for a team that starts just four seniors, including just one on an offense that was seventh in the nation...I think we'll be back. Four seasons ago, we went undefeated and got snubbed. We fell on some tough times, but came back with two solid recruiting classes, including the #4-ranked class this year. It was that talent that got us to this game...but it was also that inexperience that cost us. We'll be back. And we'll be hungry. (In all honesty, I wish I had done a report on this season. The Notre Dame and Ohio State game's were classics, involving a late TD and a pick in the final seconds to knock off OSU. It was an incredible roller coaster, and I hope that next year, we're able to get back.)

Agreed. One idea I had was to break the game up into regions, and then do it that way (I'm not sure if it would work)...or you could just focus on a particular conference. Knowing you, you're going to come up with something amazing. I'll be watching!

[QUOTE=DreamTeams]I am considering a solo college fictional league, but with so many teams it's a huge task.[/QUOTE] Agreed. I've been working on fictional helmets and logos for the ACFA for a month now. You know, DT, it might be time for you to step into the realm of online leagues. I've almost completed all the work--all you have to do is go to [url]www.theacfa.com[/url] and pick out your team.

[QUOTE=Cooleyvol]Agreed. I've been working on fictional helmets and logos for the ACFA for a month now. You know, DT, it might be time for you to step into the realm of online leagues. I've almost completed all the work--all you have to do is go to [url]www.theacfa.com[/url] and pick out your team. [/QUOTE] Your league ideas are always excellent, Cooleyvol. Your ACFA site and league looks to be a blast. Thanks for the invite. No time to join right now, but I'll be following along.

[QUOTE=John Comey]Agreed. One idea I had was to break the game up into regions, and then do it that way (I'm not sure if it would work)...or you could just focus on a particular conference. Knowing you, you're going to come up with something amazing. I'll be watching![/QUOTE] Believe it or not, I still play my TPF fictional solo project. I don't play it as much as OOTP and BB, but it still draws me in. I created helmets, home/away uniform logos (using Madden) that I switch in and out depending on teams playing, also endzones. Even with just 32 teams it took a considerble amount of time to complete. I'd like to do something similar for my BB fictional project. The problem is finding the time. I already have it written out on paper; conferences (10 conf of 12 teams each, 2 divsions), conference championships, playoff system, fictional teams and conferences. But, as Cooleyvol said it's the graphics that'll take time. Sixteen teams make the playoffs (10 conference winners and 6 at large bids). I've already designed the various fields (switched out by round) for the play-off rounds and am following the March Madness pattern for the names of the rounds... Round 1 (Sensational Sixteen) Round 2 (Excellent Eight) Round 3 (Fab Four Finals) Championship Game I pretend that the minor bowls are none existent. Wish I could turn that feature off. Oh well, perhaps in a future version. Anyway, I still prefer the way TPF utilizes the various graphic elements for it's in-game (except for the field itself, BB is better), but wish the play-by-play was as good and exciting as it is in BB. That tips the scale for me toward BB. This is truly an exciting game to play.

Happy Camper Wow, that's all I can say. After struggling with Rutgers for many seasons, finally pulled it up to a 48 prestige rating. Last season against cupcakes went 11-2, and returned most of my starters, and brought in a solid 40th ranked class with some key JC's who stepped right in this season and played huge. I swept the big east in dominant fashion this year, and went a perfect 11-0. To my great fortune, the timing was right, because every single big conference team had at least 2 losses, landing me #1 in the bowls and an incredible invite to the championship game!:eek: A scrambling QB I had at freshman last year played a bit and did well. He was #2 on the depth chart going into this season, and won the starting job after only 1 game.... went on to complete 71% of his passes, 20-4 td ratio, rushed for 1200 yards and won the heisman trophy! I played Fresno State in the big game (another undefeated team along with N. Illinois) and squeaked out a win in a game pitting the 1st and 2nd running games in the land. Not bad for a 48 prestige team that was picked to finish 4th in the preseason, and grabbed coach of the year and heisman to boot! Suffice to say I'm in shock. Its one thing to win it all with a Texas or Wisconsin, but I never could have imagined this. I should just retire now and play bingo, because I'll never be able to top this story!

Archived