A fantastic article on the UFC which may or may not influence the way you play :)

Interesting read indeed, though I assume most fans already figured it out based on the latest cards.

However, in the game it's too easy to make $$. I must admit I haven't done much to make it harder. Limiting initial funds is just a threshold at the first few cards until you break the PPV barrier. And the penalty is just a minor annoyance and won't change your booking behavior. To be clear: I don't want the game to be a finance manager (like TEW partly is).

Given this situation, the business plan detailed in the articles becomes unproductive and irrelevant. You don't need money or superfighters. The only outcome you can chase that will be hard to attain is a 100% critical card, so in other words the supposed "supercard or 100/100-card". At a certain points all your events will be 100% commercial by default. So you want to build somewhat popular fighters that are consistently exciting. But they don't need to be stars at all as the ceiling for commercial is just too low.

I'm just booking the fights I - the player - want to see, or what makes sense to me. It's based on my feelings and is quite subjective, though - like most - I do stick to basic rules, like a minimum requires interest for title matches, etc.

Archived